Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

strung along?
  • Nat
    imp, you are correct about that, which is what frustrates me about this thread. I am not allowed to have an opinion, state it, and ask valid questions, just because a group majority disagrees with that opinion. To my knowledge, if you dont like what someone has to say on a message board, walk away. There is no need to post for the sake of posting. All for what, to ask that a thread be locked because you personally dont agree with someones opinion, when in fact by you doing that you are trying to force your opinion on an entire board. It doesnt make sense and at the very least is trolling, which is against most board rules. Not only did I not start this thread, but I have said many of times that I am not bringing up any of this to start trouble. Because that has been stated and that I have not attacked posters, there is no grounds for the thread to be deleted.

This thread is the truest confirmation of the old adage that people see what they want to see!

This is also true. However, the shoe fits on both feet. You guys refuse to take my opinion as a valid different perspective because you have had success with the product. Therefore, you find it hard to believe that it might not work for everyone, giving you a more protector mentality, all to the point that people want to censor my opinion since they disagree. To me that isnt very inviting and maybe the reason why disatisfied customers might be afraid to post their issues.
  • Billy11

One thought : If it might be needed for a user to view a long wiki, have drawn out threads on a forum, and use audio recordings in order to get the Aneros to work, how many buyers out there that are not aware of this are at a disadvantage from day one? This is why I say that if I have to spend all this time trying to get the thing to work, then the product isnt perfected yet. If the product isnt perfected, I would think the company would still be trying to perfect it, rather than just pushing out new product. There is a difference between a learned skill such as a sport or talent and basic product use. And as I have learned through the development of my own business, the most unique products might be great, but if people cannot grasp how that product works and for it to have consistent results for everyone, chances are people arent ready for that product. I know those that have had large amounts of results would disagree, but I would have been happier if I never heard of Aneros, only to hear about it say 5 years from now when the product is perfected. That way I could have spent all that money, but atleast had a better indication of the product, how it works, and the piece of mind that the concept has been around long enough that the product is as polished as it could be. Its just like technology. I would have never gone out and bought the first line of DVD players. They might have worked, but they were pieces of junk. However, waiting around for the 2nd or 3rd generation of DVD players, you are still paying the high end price, but are finally getting a good product.

I think you're putting just too much emphasis on the perfection issue. It's most likely that the Aneros team has put countless hours into the design and functionality of their products. You state you wish you would had never heard about the Aneros and would rather had heard about it 5 years from now once it's "perfected". That is just a ridiculous comment. I'm pretty sure I bought my first Aneros 5 years ago and here it is 5 years later and apparently it's not perfected. And I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that in 5 years from now it's still not going to be perfected. Most likely not in the next ten years and so on... Because like I've stated before. It's most likely something like 20% product vs 80% your own ability as far as what kind of success you'll have when using the Aneros. We're dealing with orgasmic energies within our body which the Aneros team created a product that helps MANY PEOPLE stir those energies around in the body often creating mind blowing one after the other orgasms. That's a pretty fantastic invention! I'm sure in the hell happy I didn't sit back and wait a decade to make sure they perfected the science in the devices to make sure I wasn't gambling a few $$ to see if I couldn't MMO. Though I can completely feel for you in the regard that I also would feel pretty let down if I never achieved any kind of satisfactory results while others seemingly were.

I just don't think you can perfect something like this when there's so many variables involved. The biggest variable being the HUMAN BODY. It's like with drugs. Everybody reacts to drugs differently. You can't perfect how a drug will work because people will respond to it differently.

I doubt a dildo will be made that produces guaranteed MMO's every time. Too much of it has to do with your own orgasmic energy levels and so on. If anything I think the next step in that direction would be more like electronic stimulators or something of the kind. Like science being able to figure out exactly how to trigger the correct brain signals/pulses or whatever that produce orgasm/MMO's. Though even that may be a stretch because of the human body variable issue.

As far as pushing out new products... Isn't that a way to continue the evolution of the product? For some reason certain models work better for people than another so the more models out there the better chance of finding one that works for you. Plus there's the whole demand for them. Just because you haven't been having success with the products doesn't mean others aren't and they've found that different models produce different kinds and levels of orgams so are happy to see what the next model will produce for them.

And as far as disclaimers are concerned for how Aneros promotes their products. I see nothing wrong with how they've promoted it. Nothing wrong with getting guys excited about the prospects of being able to achieve MMO's. Something most men never knew even was possible for them.

But I do think that a simple "Results May Vary" disclaimer is all that's needed to clear anything up.
  • Nat
    Billy, what I mean is, how many products do you know out there that are not skill based (such as learninga sport or instrument) that do not work 95% of the time you use them? Sure, we can talk about As Seen On TV scams, but realistically that is what I mean by perfection. If a product doesnt fully work yet, either the company needs to hold off on its release, or be willing to accommodate to customers or state that it is a first or second generation model. And you are right, 5 years from now Aneros might be the same. However, why is that? It is because this is the limitation of the product? Is it because the company has moved on, no longer interested in perfecting existing product? No one can answer these questions besides the guy that creates each model. But I would like to believe that considering how expensive the product is, they can afford to atleast sit around and brainstorm what might be going wrong with some of their customer base. If this product is actually that scientific with your body (as I have no doubt it is), then product creators need to research aspects of the human body and why it might not be working for a lot of people.

You are right, drugs dont work for some people. However, we live in an age that if enough research is done, we can point out consistent symptoms, where we can tell people that a specific drug will not work for them. The difference here is, we dont have drugs (unless we are talking the extremes of curing cancer and such), where doctors will say after 10 times of use "it may end up helping you after 10 more usages or it may not". However, this is how Aneros operates. This is why I suggested that for beta testing, you should have an equal amount of experienced and inexperienced users based on success rates.

For some reason certain models work better for people than another so the more models out there the better chance of finding one that works for you.

This is EXACTLY the reason why I was pushed into spending as much money as I did. The Helix is the most centric Aneros model. However, after months of getting little to nothing, I was told that the model might not be the right one for me and how this model and that model have brought on individual success. So I did that and the cycle continues. I wanted to succeed, other people wanted me to succeed, but I never did because of the limitations of the product. But when you see that 5 or 6 models are already out there and people are still struggling, doesnt it make sense to want to know why it is they are struggling, rather than assuming its always something wrong with the user? We can even assume 9 out of 10 times it is a problem with the user, but does the company not feel bad that the 1 of every 10 is giving out money to them and they arent even trying to figure out why the thing isnt working?

While I have not heard back from them yet, support has gotten in contact. I would be interested to know about any "secret" methods that they have to get this thing to work, which have not been expressed by forum members tons of times. Its too late for a refund, even more so since I have the double disadvantage of buying mine in stores within two different states. But I do want to get this thing to work or gain some type of closure.
  • Billy11
    I'm not sure you're getting it. Today I could use any aneros model I have and have a mind blowing experience that rocks my world. Next week I could use the same model and have close to nothing happen. Which is why you can't perfect this thing. After having the greatest experience in your life with it you'd think wow this is such a perfect product. But then after having a dud session with it you'd think damn this thing doesn't work. That's all the proof that it's not the product but it's the user. The vast variable of everything that it is to be human coming into play. There's only so much the product to overcome. There most likely will never be an Aneros product that gives everyone that uses it a 95% success rate because of the human body variable. Seriously if Aneros really held off on releasing a product until it had a 95% success rate (and I mean that everyone who uses it has a great session 95% of the time) then there would be no Aneros product because it's just not going to happen.

I've said this before somewhere in this vast forum but what I like so much about the Aneros is that it opened up the world of "energy work" for people that never really knew it existed. Though using the Aneros is sort of a way to cheat, many users realize at one point that they do not need the Aneros any more to build energy and manipulate through out their body and learn to eventually create mind blowing orgasms through meditation alone without the "help" of the Aneros. That's pretty awesome.
  • Nat
    I think we need to simplify here, because no one was trying to talk about the extremes of the product working, such as repetitive orgasms or a super o. You are no doubt a success case. What I am talking about in my posts are people that have been using the product for a long period of time and cannot even get sensations. I think I have maybe had consistent sessions twice in a row, which included feeling something that wasnt even a p wave. This is not to mention that when it did happen it was about a year and a half ago. I am not trying to be a jerk, but have you gone that long without feeling anything while still having active use? If not, your case doesnt apply. The product has worked for you. That has never been in question.

I understand that sometimes it is the user and that the product might never be perfected to that extent. There is a difference between the product working 95% of the time for all users and users just having consistent sessions. We are all going to have dud sessions. However, when its at the extent that a user has been using the product for a few years and all of their sessions have been duds, you can no longer simply blame the user and walk away. A line needs to be drawn and only those developing the product can determine that. It is a possibility that you guys might be right and I am in a very slim minority. However, it seems like unfair business practices for the company not to realize that this minority exists and to warn buyers about it, seeing as they can end up being one added to that minority.

While this is off topic, I do not have interest in jumping into this as an added hobby. I want to achieve everything that I can with Aneros, but for me personally, I could care less if I ever achieve the ability to orgasm at the snap of a finger. While my sexuality is very important to me, it isnt my life. I am about so many other things, just as I have so many other things that I need to dedicate my time to. This is why the only thing that I havent tried that has been suggested is for me to have 4 or 5 hour sessions like some members have described. I simply just dont have the time. If that is what it takes to get the product consistently working, that needs to be clear as well, because most people in the world do not have that kind of time to waste (that is said not to offend anyone that does).
  • Woodsman
    Nat:

I respect your opinions and your right to post them, but I have to agree with nearly everyone else here that they are not justified. Even though you don’t appear satisfied with the responses, I hope you can appreciate the amount of time and effort that have been invested by people who are clearly trying to be helpful. To me, this is enough to justify all the money I have invested in my three Aneros products, even if they didn’t work at all.

In fact, in the nearly two years since I started this, I have not achieved a super-O and I think there is a chance I never will.
    If so, so be it. Anyone who spends some time reading the forum will soon see that some users haven’t made it.
    Thanks to the internet, anyone looking to buy a manufactured product can now quickly learn what other buyers think about it. I never make a purchase anymore without looking at user reviews on Amazon etc. There will always be some critical reviews, one learns to balance these against the positive ones. In the end, you take your chances.

In my case, I will never regret my Aneros purchases, even if I never reach the final climax. What I have achieved is a profound awareness of my own body that I never before understood. The Aneros was only a part of this discovery, the other part was this forum. Without it, as far as I am concerned, the Aneros is little more than a meaningless piece of plastic, except for those lucky guys with a supercharged arousal system. In terms of helping me with this awareness, the contributions made by hundreds of people, including many of the same ones who have replied to you are, in my mind, nearly priceless. Whatever I spent buying the products, it is one of the best investments I ever made. Sure, it probably costs three bucks to mold the things, I don’t care if they are getting rich, more power to them. Sure, the products are not “perfect,” they probably never will be. My own vision is of future devices that don’t just vibrate, they simulate the subtleties of real human movement. They are coming, and I’m sure Aneros as well as many others are working on them. But having designed and patented haptic devices myself, I know how fiendishly elusive such advances are, especially when trying to understand how our brains work.

Remember, we are trying to fool our bodies and brains into thinking they are responding to the act of reproduction. Nobody on earth fully understands what that entails.

I made the same mistake you did: when the first model didn’t produce a super O, I decided to order another one in the hope that it would do the trick. When it didn’t, I bought a third. I now understand that the problem was me, not the tools.
    I agree with several of the others that a simple disclaimer might be advisable. This might have prevented you from feeling that you have been misled. But I’m sure each of us has made, and survived, much bigger mistakes in our lives. To dwell on it is a form of mental poison.

May I suggest you look at your problem with a different perspective. Keep in mind that ninety percent of the process is not what is stuck in your rear end, it is in your mind, and no one else has any control or understanding of what goes on in there. It is simply not productive to blame the instrument or its maker for the outcome. You would not throw away a pencil because it does not write inspiring prose. These Aneros devices are not that different.

As a fellow user who has failed to achieve the ultimate success enjoyed by so many others on this forum, I urge you to leave the noise behind and get on with the process of finding what makes your own life enjoyable. It may be easier than you think.

Good luck
    Woodsman
  • Nat
    For the last time, this has nothing to do with the super o. I never once said that I wouldnt be satisfied until I reached that point. I just want consistent sessions with results. I want to know that on average the product works the majority of the time, which from my bit over 3 years experience, it does not. Being a gay male that is already in tune with who he is, I was aware of these advances long before I came across Aneros. They are not stumbling across anything new here besides a device to make them more mainstream.

To you it might be good enough to just get help from some forum members. However, I could have asked for help on this forum or others for no charge at all. So in reality, while people here try to give a helping hand, you have to remove that from the sale. The sale is about nothing more or less than the product itself. Either way, let me ask you this : if you got all this help that you felt was worth the $70 per model and received no results, would you still think it was worth it? Again, you like Billy are coming from an approach of a user that has had some success. Therefore, it is very reasonable that you are going to think the product works. All I can say is, try to put yourself in my shoes.

With all due respect to you, your financial situation might be a lot different than mine. So the fact that you would be wiling to spend all this money and not care if it was a waste is your perspective. However, some of us highly consider the money that we spend. If it was one model, I might be able to just walk away, but 4 I need some closure or success. This is a bit over $300 if you consider taxes and the money being spent on tube over the years. None of this can even make up for the hours spent over the years on the forum, in the chats, and in sessions. So please, if you have no problem throwing away $300 or so, I would be willing to set up a pay Pal account, then just blindly send me the money (btw, Im being sarcastic).

All Aneros seems to be is that you pay a lot of money for a piece of plastic and the piece of mind that it is 50 / 50 that you might be able to get the product to work.
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop
    [QUOTE=darwin;98007]can we PLEASE let this tiresome thread die a natural death?

darwin

Darwin, sure you don't want support to lock this thread now? ;)
  • Billy11
    I'm sorry for your frustrations but I just don't understand what kind of closure you're seeking. Short of support being able to send you back in time so that you would had never bought the aneros and hadn't spent all these years without any success I just don't know what else they/we can do for you.

Best wishes
  • artformartform
    Hi again Nat...

[QUOTE=Nat;98083]For the last time, this has nothing to do with the super o. I never once said that I wouldnt be satisfied until I reached that point. I just want consistent sessions with results. I want to know that on average the product works the majority of the time, which from my bit over 3 years experience, it does not. Being a gay male that is already in tune with who he is, I was aware of these advances long before I came across Aneros. They are not stumbling across anything new here besides a device to make them more mainstream.

To you it might be good enough to just get help from some forum members. However, I could have asked for help on this forum or others for no charge at all. So in reality, while people here try to give a helping hand, you have to remove that from the sale. The sale is about nothing more or less than the product itself. Either way, let me ask you this : if you got all this help that you felt was worth the $70 per model and received no results, would you still think it was worth it? Again, you like Billy are coming from an approach of a user that has had some success. Therefore, it is very reasonable that you are going to think the product works. All I can say is, try to put yourself in my shoes.

With all due respect to you, your financial situation might be a lot different than mine. So the fact that you would be wiling to spend all this money and not care if it was a waste is your perspective. However, some of us highly consider the money that we spend. If it was one model, I might be able to just walk away, but 4 I need some closure or success. This is a bit over $300 if you consider taxes and the money being spent on tube over the years. None of this can even make up for the hours spent over the years on the forum, in the chats, and in sessions. So please, if you have no problem throwing away $300 or so, I would be willing to set up a pay Pal account, then just blindly send me the money (btw, Im being sarcastic).

All Aneros seems to be is that you pay a lot of money for a piece of plastic and the piece of mind that it is 50 / 50 that you might be able to get the product to work.Emphasis added by artform.

Nat you are an articulate man and we have chatted on and off over the years you cite. I have suggested that there can be attitudinal and emotional background that can inhibit success with aneros. Again, it seems to me that your paragraphs above demonstrate an attitudinal posture that may have an emotional component that expects and demands that "the product" deliver "performance" to you.

I believe that everything here makes it quite clear that this is about the possibility that this may help you open to your body/mind potential. Not mechanically on demand, but like any self-exploration discipline, by you engaging with the practice and seeing where your openness to it can let you expand into new levels of internal experience.

I too am very busy with my businesses and my family, and my community. Nevertheless, I value not only what my aneros models have enabled me to find within my body and my being, but also this extraordinary community of trust and honour amongst fellow explorers.

Again, all the best with your business ventures and the rest of your life.

artform
  • Nat
    Well, its been about a week and support still hasnt e mailed back.