Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Aneros Workshops?
  • rumelrumel
    Guys and Gals,

In the Chat Room this evening some interesting ideas got tossed around. Member 'ohmy06' made mention of a possible Tantra workshop which might include Aneros use. This led me to suggest perhaps High Island Health LLC would consider employing 'B Mayfield' to develop an Aneros usage workshop. On the heels of this, 'ten_s_nut' suggested a webinar. I think the webinar is an eminently fruitful idea that could become a powerful education tool in the future but would need to be refined through smaller group workshops before being presented to the general public. These Aneros use workshops could become bridges to Tantric teachings instead of Tantric workshops touching on Aneros use.

Aneros community members, what do you think about the creation of an Aneros use workshop? Is this a viable idea? Would you pay to attend such a workshop in your state? What subject areas should be covered? What subject areas should be avoided? How many people should the workshop include? Should workshops be mixed gender and/or orientation targeted? What other questions would you have for such an endeavor?
  • artformartform
    Indeed R!! :D :D

Friend rumel I too have been looking at developing and conducting a Tao of Aneros (or other prostate triggering name) workshop(s) and extended weekly course program development here in Canada. Beginning with the health perspective, into what I have called here Whole Male Health, and treating prostate massage with Aneros as one of the major threads in the workshop and the longer program. I have friends with a site/spa that may become the site for these. I have also recently been asked about expanding my assistance/counselling for LGBT people and this would be a related and in some cases integrated part of the programs. I have followed ohmy06's development of his proposal and hope to be able to attend.

Aneros, and KSMO for that matter, are pregnant with this next step possibility, IMHO. I'll come back to your detailed questions soon! ;)

[I]all the very best opening sharing trust honouring joy filling expanding knowing all

artform
    [/I]
  • darwindarwin
    here is my thinking:

the best kind of workshop, or web meeting, whatever, would be centered on instructional group sessions. participants could use the aneros or go aneros-less. this would be somewhat like the Body Electric School classes, but in those there is mutual erotic massage. here it would be just solo sessions that would be conducted by any of the guys who are good at guiding tantric sessions.

the total erotic energy generated, plus guided relaxation, breathing etc, would i hope be very useful to newbies and experts alike.

if modesty is required guys could cover themselves with sheets (though i think when things get going they would be thrown to the wind).

darwin
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    rumel;

I like the idea of a tutorial workshop or series of workshops, broken up according to skill level as well as orientation and solo vs partnered. Logistically, and from a production cost point of view, it makes more sense to me if most of the content was "canned" and made available via the Web, with live, scheduled webinars as follow-ups. That way, the canned material prepares the ground and provides focus for the live demos and discussions in the webinars.

Live, face-to-face workshops that involve a sexual activity raise all kinds of regulatory and legal issues, even if nobody touches anyone but themselves. The only way around those problems would be to hold the workshop in a "members-only" club environment. Even then, there are some jurisdictions where the authorities would intervene.

The canned workshops and webinars may avoid the legal problems by falling under the "R-rated Entertainment" status afforded to Internet-based adult-oriented content.

The above is based on my understanding of the laws in California, However, I am not a lawyer, so don't rely on my analysis.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • rookrook
    Cool idea gents -- vehicles similar to webex and gotomeeting come to mind as effective and economical approaches.

Dave's point regarding the data/information crossing political borders seems most germane to me.

From the start, I'd suggest a platform with end-to-end encryption of the data streams and a server that ensures security for the content.

With regard to rumel's criteria for workshop composition, I'd add age as a consideration and insure that it is validated for each attendee (no feel for the 'how-to' on this).
  • darwindarwin
    my take is that it is easy to propose "canned content" but it is much harder to find somebody with the time and skill to produce it.

there is already an instructional aneros video out there, and the Hypnaeros CD. how much more can be conveyed?

i agree there would be considerable logistics and planning for a real get together, such as renting a space etc, making it not really practical in the near term.

also, we should assume the company won't participate, i think.

so it does seem like some kind of web thing would be the way to go.

my feeling is still that a group tantric session on the web, like in the chat sessions, but with video and audio is the thing to explore. it takes almost no upfront planning, and it provides the most important thing that is needed: real time feedback and and energy transfer.

darwin
  • rookrook
    Perhaps I'm so poorly read and practiced that I'm not a player-- so this may not be germane to the level of this thread. If so, someone send me a PM advising me to go elsewhere. However,......

cumming out of my Instructional Systems Development bag I'm in favor of identifying a common baseline (starting point) before jumping into seminars or buying a/v time on the web. Sort of a fear that the seminars might fly over the heads of the 'unwashed.' (i.e. an un-studied, poorly read 'rook')

I've not yet identified a learning path through Chia's writings since they are not a serial learning experience but seem to be more of a gestalt sprinkled across a broad body of writings. I'm rather 'bathing' in his writings then re-reading to find a path. -- almost as tough as identifying one's path through the Aneros Journey.

Perhaps it might be easiest to model basic sessions on an existing book, DVD or other online activity as a foundation for tantra-Aneros practice.

Anyone familiar with any of these?

-- School of Tantra - Home Page - Tantra Events, Classes, Conferences, Workshops --
    -- On-Line Tantra Courses ? with Sarita | Tantra Essence with Mahasatvaa Ma Ananda Sarita --
    -- primal power tantra tantric sex --
    -- Tantra Books and Videos --
    -- Umaa Tantra: Tantric Yoga Distance Learning Products Tantric Yoga Correspondence Course --

There might just be a model among something like this. Or, perhaps a place to cement tantra basics before integrating those with Aneros basics.

Guess what I'm looking is for a learning model. (i.e. get these twelve merit badges then put in for Star-Scout.)
  • artformartform
    Thanks very much for this key clarification ohmy06!! :D :D

[QUOTE=ohmy06;97809]Darwin - you seem to have the idea of what is being planned by tantra heart. Their tentative workshop this fall will be about "the total erotic energy generated, plus guided relaxation, breathing etc," and much more. As stated it should be very useful to newbies and experts alike and unlike Body Electric stop short of the erotic massage. As a result, it will be much more comfortable for those of the str8 persuasion and offer different opportunities for learning not just about aneros usage but much more relative to channeling energy into ecstatic living. Emphasis added.

IMHO, this is the key concept. Just as aneros units can become our "Tantric Training Wheels" in BF Mayfield's famous image, as we become adepts at aneros practice and can call up eros and orgasmic energies at will, so the next level is allowing those energies to manifest in much wider, much less eros-focused dimensions of whole being. That next step is THE rewarding transformative focus.

Thanks again ohmy06!

artform
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Guys,

Great topic! I'm inclined to agree with Darwin's assessment that a webinar would be the most practical answer. I disagree that it wouldn't take much preparation however, particularly if one is interested in providing some real information and guidance. In regards to the company, there is no question that they are interested in exploring new ways to help the Aneros user community and spread the word on MMO. I'm pretty sure that they would stop short of any direct involvement if the project included live gatherings for group sessions though.

So far most of the responses to this thread have come from advanced users. I'm curious to see what the feelings of newer users might be on this subject.

BF Mayfield
  • darwindarwin
    yes, let's hear from some newbies.

in my interpretation of this idea, the key ingredient is to be able to see and hear the other participants. it would be by far the best if it is was in person, but some kind of webcam thing would have to suffice. if we don't have that then it might as well be a canned presentation. and if its gonna be canned, then it might as well be the already existing Hypnaeros CD.

as far as planning, i am not thinking any information would be provided, except how to lube up. from there it would be just stuff like 'we are all going to begin by lying on our back. now breath deep and become a dead jelly fish, etc" people like ohmy06, artform and chuckjo2000 seem to have appropriate skills.

i suppose we'd also want some kind of background audio thing going, and maybe rumel could supply.

if it were a success on a free and volunteer basis then maybe some entrepreneur (rumel) could enlist somebody with a sexy voice (alana) to conduct the session, and ask participants for a fee.

i don't see this as instructional or informational about the aneros products. that is adequately covered by the instructional video that is bouncing around, as well as exhaustively here on the forum.

i also should add that i definitely don't see this as an "introduction" to the aneros for people who don't own one. that would fall into product marketing and is the responsibility of the company.

darwin
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    If the goal of such a webinar is to provide nothing more than a milieu for a group Super-O session, you are quite correct, it wouldn't take very much to establish that. But I suspect that participation in such an event would be quite limited. I say this judging from the lack of response to numerous threads that have appeared in the forum in the past, inviting members to webcam sessions. This forum is predominately populated with heterosexual males most of whom keep their Aneros use a private matter. Most users Aneros practices take place as solo sessions or in a one-on-one context with a partner. Consequently I think you would have to bring more to the table than a group Super-O encounter to assure any measure of participation. Providing information and direct interaction has a greater potential to draw user interest. There are any number of topics that could be covered, Ohmy06 and Artform have touched on several of them already.

BF Mayfield
  • [QUOTE=B Mayfield;97820]If the goal of such a webinar is to provide nothing more than a milieu for a group Super-O session, you are quite correct, it wouldn't take very much to establish that. But I suspect that participation in such an event would be quite limited. I say this judging from the lack of response to numerous threads that have appeared in the forum in the past, inviting members to webcam sessions. This forum is predominately populated with heterosexual males most of whom keep their Aneros use a private matter. Most users Aneros practices take place as solo sessions or in a one-on-one context with a partner. Consequently I think you would have to bring more to the table than a group Super-O encounter to assure any measure of participation. Providing information and direct interaction has a greater potential to draw user interest. There are any number of topics that could be covered, Ohmy06 and Artform have touched on several of them already.

BF Mayfield

You make good points. Here are some of mine:

1. There is a mixture between homo/hetero sexual males here.

2. Men who are not gay would not probably not watch another man in the nude let alone be in the same room unless there was a woman involved.

3. For some people these activities that you all speak of is too technical, so they don't want to get involved in complicated matters or they don't understand what is being presented.

4 Everyone is waiting for SOMEONE ELSE to get the ball rolling. Example: see the xtube videos. The first poster is Darwin after that people slowly started posting more frequently (it took a while though).

Those are my points

To appeal more to men who are not gay, your best bet would be to find a COUPLE to demonstrate the aneros together. However even men who are not gay , like myself, will watch another man IF they are demonstrating some type of pleasure from a device that can be obtained for themselves. In short, they are watching for the educational value, and would probably not watch it there was not a device of some sort involved. This is how I think some men feel.
  • darwindarwin
    i am having trouble understanding what is being proposed.

my sense is that it would be a guided tantric/aneros session.

if it is not that, is it a speaker and q/a session?

darwin
  • kapahulu
    im kind of a newb posting here but have been an aneros user for 3+ yrs have a few of the models and the newest vice.
    i just wanted to put in my two cents and agree the best outlet for this would be on the web i dont know how most people are but for me some modesty and maybe even shyness would prevent me for going to a group session with live people and also wary of, if the law will show up. wouldnt that really be embarassing. as b mayfield stated most hetero men arent comfortable with publicising what they want to keep private.
    think about it a bunch of nekked straight guys with aneroses in thier butts and someone walks in, will they even be thought of as straight anymore?
    just a little thought. i think this would be a concern for any straight male, i may sound a bit homophobic but im human, i aint perfect.
  • rumelrumel
    Guys,

When I started this thread, I was thinking about the workshop as an educational-instructional session or series of sessions intended to demonstrate concepts described but not depicted in the Aneros WIKI somewhat like the first 30 minutes of the Strapon Master Class video. An Illustrated Aneros WIKI if you will.

@'darwin', I don't think it need be a full audience participation type program as that does raise not only issues of legality but also privacy and modesty issues for participants. In essence, I see this as being "canned content" but it would include much more information than was included in the How To Perform a Prostate Massage video. The "HypnAerosession" CD recording was intended to address only one important aspect of Aneros use, namely relaxation.

@'BF Mayfield', my original thinking was that a presentation of the information could/should be developed through use of small interested 'focus group' workshops. In this environment workshop participants would not be asked to actively mimic or practice the techniques discussed but rather act as observers who would pose questions and provide feedback as to the effectiveness/relevance of the information.

@'rook', I agree with your idea of "...identifying a common baseline..." for this Aneros use workshop. While some men (and women) may already have discipline experience with Tantra, Yoga, martial arts, etc. IMHO this workshop would not be focused toward any of those disciplines, yet would reference as appropriate aspects of those practices which may help the newbie or experienced Aneros user in his/her practice.

@'ten_s_nut', I believe we are thinking along similar lines here. I don't know if it is worthwhile to tailor the information to skill level, participant age, gender orientation or solo/partnered. If we keep the focus on basic information initially, then through workshop participant feedback, any specific issues unique to a particular user group could be identified and added to a formalized presentation.

@'artform', Yes you've grasped the holistic concept for a workshop series, development of information to assist people from their first baby steps, to walking, through running and finally energy soaring on their Aneros journey.

These are all useful ideas to consider, I hope we can keep this thread going to get as much input into a creating a real workshop concept as possible. Let's hear from all about what you think should be contained in an Aneros use workshop and how participants should interact.
  • artformartform
    Hi again rumel and thanks again!! :D :D

This tread is developing into a very worthwhile conversation as all these different perspectives can be considered and the overall idea refined.

[QUOTE=rumel;97832]Guys,

When I started this thread, I was thinking about the workshop as an educational-instructional session or series of sessions intended to demonstrate concepts described but not depicted in the Aneros WIKI somewhat like the first 30 minutes of the Strapon Master Class video. An Illustrated Aneros WIKI if you will.

@'artform', Yes you've grasped the holistic concept for a workshop series, development of information to assist people from their first baby steps, to walking, through running and finally energy soaring on their Aneros journey.

These are all useful ideas to consider, I hope we can keep this thread going to get as much input into a creating a real workshop concept as possible. Let's hear from all about what you think should be contained in an Aneros use workshop and how participants should interact.

Just to clarify your response to me above, for some men here this is not the logical upward path that you've described rightly as representative of many other journeys. Some have found themselves soaring first!! And that cane frightening or bewildering, or disappointing. If with conceive of these stages you describe as a matrix rather than a fixed path, then we need to let all newbies simply know that there can be several ways of entering the Aneros countyside, or orgasmic jungle, or whatever metaphor fits. This practice can drop one into the orgasmic energies spectrum just about anywhere on occasion.

Thanks everyone posting so far, and I too encourage newbies and everyone else to put forth your thoughts here to enable the results to be as reflective of the perceived needs as possible.

artform
  • rookrook
    My feeling is that we need a large room and walls covered with butcher paper to formalize this. However, I may just be showing my ignorance of the many facets of this discussion.

1. Emergent thought indicates that we are aiming for a web based workshop or exposition of Prostate awareness and development with parallel development of tantric discipline(s) toward an intermediate objective of prostate centric orgasm then whole body orgasm(s) [true | false | not quite | something else]

2. Homophobia in many straights is an issue that we don't seem to have an answer for and we may or may-not need to consider means to foster inclusiveness or perhaps just leave things loose enough for assimilation to occur. This, as an underlying principle in the development of intermediate objectives for the workshop. [ too hard to address | segregate straits and gays in early workshops | design early workshops to be orientation neutral | find a workshop milestone to imbue inclusiveness in new straights without creating terror ]

3. We seem to lack clear-cut expressions of goals and enabling objectives. Should we home in on those now or consider that the discussion has not matured sufficiently (or has not sufficiently educated hardheaded guys like rook ) to 'gel' goals and objectives.

Perhaps forming an ad hoc Community Group and segregating things into threads might be helpful -- then dissolve that group and form a steering group in its place.