Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Umm....am I lactating? (From supple nipps)
  • chrono273chrono273
    I was using my pair of supple nipps today. Had them on for a good 30 mins. I took them off and noticed that my nipples were completely wet and covered with a clear liquid.

I didnt think guys were supposed to have any sort of discharge from their nipples...

Is something wrong with me? Im gonna stop using the supple nipps for now,

Cheers!

Chrono
  • RdrRdr
    Wow, what a coincidence, I got mine today as well! The package sayssomething about nipple sweating, could it have to do something with this? They suggest a break from using the nipps if you are experiencing this.

Suggest you read the info on the package.

Hope this helped.
  • rookrook
    We've got all the parts:

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_lactation --

-- Milkmen: Fathers who Breastfeed --

There was a thread on this about 18 months ago. Add sufficient Prolactin, Estrogen and some other hormones and Voilá.

No thanks!
  • forgeman
    or could it just be humidity built up in the nip caps?
  • chrono273chrono273
    it wasnt humidity. My nipples were excreting a clear sticky liquid (my guess is that its Prolactin) I should have my hormones checked. I dont want to be a "Milkman"
  • rumelrumel
    chrono273,

Hey man you worry too much!:) The secretion is not Prolactin, which is a hormone manufactured and secreted into your blood by the brain's Pituitary gland, not by your Mammary glands. Since the mammary glands are in fact modified sweat glands what you saw was probably just sweat or a combination of sweat and lymphatic fluid being sucked through the porous tissues of your nipples.

While conditioning your body to induce lactation is theoretically possible as 'rook' noted, your occasional use is not going to produce that effect. Nothing is wrong with you, you are just doing what is natural... you sweat. Normally when you sweat the moving air currents around your body absorb the moisture and you stay relatively dry. When you cover your skin with an air tight seal, you prevent the normal evaporation from occurring and the sweat moisture builds up in the small contained space.
  • I agree with Rumel

The same thing happened to me years back.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Chrono273,

While I would agree that Rumel's assessment is the most likely explanation for what you've experienced, male lactation is theoretically possible . As he stated the release of Prolactin by the pituitary gland is required. That said, it has been suggested by some researchers that nipple stimulation can trigger the production of Prolactin. Check out
    Strange But True: Males Can Lactate

I would add this to the mix, many years ago I had a partner who had a particular penchant for my nipples (she was the one who essentially turned me on to the power of nipple stimulation). She would dedicate large amounts of time to my nipples, arousing me without touching my penis. At one point in our relationship our nipple sessions were so frequent I found myself pretty much lit up there all the time. So much so that it became difficult wearing a shirt! On one occasion I recall squeezing my nipple and observing a drop of a slightly sticky, milky, fluid. I assume that this was colostrum as true breast milk has a more watery consistency. It never happened again.

Chrono, if what you're observing is lactation, I wouldn't worry about it. Since we males aren't hormonally set up for this the way that postpartum females are, it would take almost continuous stimulation to produce milk in earnest...and even then I have my doubts about it.

BF Mayfield
  • chrono273chrono273
    Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback. I went back and tried again with the supple nipps...yet this time it was definately not sweat. It was a yellowish sticky substance and I believe there was some blood in it....maybe I should go get that checked out. It has me sort of worried.
  • [QUOTE=chrono273;96963]Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback. I went back and tried again with the supple nipps...yet this time it was definately not sweat. It was a yellowish sticky substance and I believe there was some blood in it....maybe I should go get that checked out. It has me sort of worried.

It will go away on its own, but it might leave a scar.
  • rumelrumel
    chrono273,

OK, I think you are overdoing the frequency of use right now and using a bit too much suction in application. It's time to give those little nipples a rest. From your description it sounds like you are creating enough suction to start breaking some capillary blood vessels, much like the bruising effects of a hickey. Only in this case the tissue involved happens to be more porous than surrounding skin and lymphatic fluid is being sucked to the surface along with a little blood from the bruised tissue. I don't think this is serious and will probably clear up in 3-4 days, so just give them some time to heal. When and if you return to using the little suckers, try reducing the amount of suction created by leaving more air in the squeezed chamber section of the Supple Nipps.