Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Precautions with aneros use?
  • stu
    Hello! I read about the aneros and how great it is and that it's safe and so on but I never read anywhere about precautions or dangers. But obviously there are dangers as this doctor here in this thread states. I don't understand why are the users not warned? I highly doubt that any male out there can tell wether he has prostate stones and if you can have them without knowing them then using a prostate massager could cause huge problems. I also doubt that all aneros users before using the aneros first go to their doctor and get a cat scan to check for prostate stones? :confused:
    I was about to get an aneros before I read that and I also read other stories where someone got a prostate massage from his girlfriend and this totally messed him up and he got an infection or something which his doctor didn't know how to cure. I'd really wish there was more emphasis on the risks.

aneros prostate massager - Urology - MedHelp

by Dr J Singhimage, Jun 15, 2009 09:01PM
    To: hockeyfan13
    Hi,
    The prostate massager should be used with care due to the sensitivity of the prostate. The adverse effect which can occur with the use of the prostate massager is that the presence of small stones/calculi in the prostate can lead to a damage of the prostatic membranesLead poisoning
    . Since your CT scan doesn’t show anything serious, I don’t think you should have many problems.
    Hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind Regards.

• Where does this stuff come from? 'Prostate massage can be dangerous because if you stick a baseball bat up your ass and then hit it with a wrecking ball....'

Seriously, if you are curious, get one and try it. It's not going to hurt you.
  • rumelrumel
    Hi stu,

Welcome to the Aneros Forums, your best source of information for learning about the multiple benefits and joys of using the Aneros prostate massagers. [QUOTE=stu;96762]Hello! I read about the aneros and how great it is and that it's safe and so on but I never read anywhere about precautions or dangers. But obviously there are dangers as this doctor here in this thread states. I don't understand why are the users not warned?stu, it is wise of you to be concerned about your health, doing advanced reading to make yourself well informed is good and talking about prostate massage with your own doctor is good, but you also may be unnecessarily alarming yourself. Let's look at what the online doctor actually said -Dr J Singh Jun 15, 2009 09:01PM
    To: hockeyfan13
    Hi,
    The prostate massager should be used with care due to the sensitivity of the prostate. The adverse effect which can occur with the use of the prostate massager is that the presence of small stones/calculi in the prostate can lead to a damage of the prostatic membranes. Since your CT scan doesn’t show anything serious, I don’t think you should have many problems.
    Hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind Regards.You highlighted one sentence of the six the doctor wrote, the negative one, plus you added text that he did NOT say. If you highlight the first and third sentences, the response is much less ominous. The doctor did not recommend against prostate massager use, only that it "...should be used with care..."! If he thought it was dangerous don't you think he would have stated that? Please read the thread How dangerous is a prostate massage? for further responses to your concern.
    As far as health warnings go, using your logic the bottlers of evian mineral water should put a skull and crossbones 'poison label' on their products because it can cause death as this SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN article avows.

ANY activity involving the human body has some risk of injury, life involves risk, this is a fact every human being faces everyday, hopefully you will not allow your fears to cripple your efforts to enjoy much of the opportunities life has to offer.

Aneros massagers, when used in accord with the manufacturers directions, probably provide the gentlest possible massage you will ever receive. Since the movement is entirely controlled by your own internal muscles it is nearly impossible for you to move them in a way to cause pain or discomfort. However, if you have certain pre-existing, unhealthy conditions in your prostate such as bacterial infections or cancer, then any form of massage could aggravate that condition. Aneros use is in no way a vigorous prostate massage technique, so the risks of injury are substantially reduced.
  • stu
    Hello, I don't really understand your argument.
    The doctor said that if you have prostate stones it can be dangerous.
    Now how many men do you think get a prostate cat scan before using an aneros only in order to know that they can now use an aneros? I'd say probably zero.
    Now if it is known that the use of prostate massagers can be potentially dangerous if a man has prostate stones or something else then why are there no warnings? It bothers me that it's done as if there really is no risk at all. Imagine you sell a food product and you know that a small number of the people could react allergic to it and then get serious side effects which required immediate intervention then it would not be ethical at all to simply sell this without warning. I think it's the same with prostate massagers. If there are risks then the people should be told about it especially since the aneros is given such a medical image and you think that it's safe and well thought through and not simply a sex toy.

I'd like to ask if I use an aneros and then should get any health problems then who will be held accountable? If the aneros is really absolutely safe and there are no risks at all then aneros should promise the users that in case something should happen then they will take the responsibility.
    And on the other hand if there really are risks and aneros does not take responsiblity then those risks should clearly be communicated to the users.
  • Stu... go get a cat scan if you are that afraid.

I've never known anyone who has had (or in fact has ever heard of) prostate stones. But if you think you have them, you should not use a prostate massager. Because that would be dumb. There's your warning. :)
  • rumelrumel
    stu,

You are projecting far too much into what the doctor said. Go back and read his statement again. He did NOT say "...it can be dangerous." you are saying that. He said "...adverse effect which can occur...", this is exactly the kind of conservative response one would expect to hear from their physcian.

There is a point where it is ludicrous to label every product with every known potential risk. For people with wheat allergies, a loaf of whole wheat bread could be fatal, but there is no warning label on them, people with allergies to various types of nuts can have a fatal reaction to ingesting them, but there is no warning label on bags of peanuts you might buy at a ballpark. While pointing out dire risks of many human activities is, for the most part a reasonable action, one can't really cover every possible condition nor should they. The inherent dangers of prostate massage are widely known and the information is readily available to the general public. You can Google prostate massage and get over 3 million results with links to the topic! The individual needs to take responsibility for his/her own actions and/or inactions, this requires performing due diligence on the part of the buyer to read and understand the risks involved with the products they are choosing to employ. Have you read through the information contained on the Aneros website? Did you read this?...In fact, we recommend that manual prostate massage only be done by an expert or an urologist. Self massage of the prostate can be dangerous if not done correctly. Did you read this?I have a medical condition involving the prostate and/or the penis. Will the Aneros still work for me?
    Please contact your medical doctor prior to your use of the Aneros massager. For many conditions, we feel that the Aneros will be beneficial. We also advise that you contact the support staff if you have any specific questions. Did you read this?I still have questions!!??
    No problem. Simply e-mail your question to us at the address below OR you can reach us by telephone Monday – Friday CST from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
    [EMAIL="support@aneros.com"]support@aneros.com[/EMAIL]
    713-680-8840Did you read this?I suffer from an enlarged prostate. Can the Aneros be used for health purposes?
    If you have an enlarged prostate (BPH), please consult your physician before embarking on any type of prostate massage treatment. For severe cases we only recommend the SGX as the larger models may be uncomfortable to use. Feel free to contact us with specific questions.[QUOTE=stu;96790]I'd like to ask if I use an aneros and then should get any health problems then who will be held accountable?You are responsible! You are choosing to take on the risk by using the product. If the aneros is really absolutely safe and there are no risks at all then aneros should promise the users that in case something should happen then they will take the responsibility.I have found no instances of Aneros claiming it is "...absolutely safe and there are no risks..."
    And on the other hand if there really are risks and aneros does not take responsiblity then those risks should clearly be communicated to the users.There is in fact the following information printed on the product packaging of each model I have purchased - Disclaimer : Use of the Aneros is at own risk. Neither the manufacturer nor retailer assumes any responsibility or liability for use of the Aneros. You have been duly informed!
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    stu,

To add to what Rumel has provided so far, the type of "prostate massage" that is being discussed in your quoted sources refers to a procedure administered by hand, ostensibly by a doctor, therapist or a caring individual. That type of prostate massage is on a whole different order of magnitude of intensity as compared to the Aneros. As Rumel has said, when used as directed the Aneros is powered by ones own anal contractions only. This affords the user with a gentle, pleasant massaging action. It seems like you're comparing apples to oranges.

BF Mayfield
  • stu
    Hello,
    I'm simply a little anxious. I'm 28 and never had a prostate exam or massage or cat scan or anything
    else and I also can't afford to go on a doctor journey to get all kinds of prostate exams to get clearance
    wether I can officially use an aneros and I bet if I asked a doctor wether I could use it he'd rather say rather
    not cause doctors usually say that. They rather tell you not to do something than to do it and I also
    wouldn't want to talk about this with a doctor anyway. He would most likely think I'm weird or something like that. Has there never been anybody on the forum who used the aneros and then got any problems because of it?
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Hello, stu.

I understand your anxiety. No healthy person wants to hurt themselves, especially when the resulting visit to the ER would involve an embarrassing explanation of some kinky anal thing.

You might want to consider "baby steps" in your approach to anal play. Start gently with your own finger in a condom and plenty of lube. The next step would be a small, curved Zucchini Squash in a condom. You'll find out pretty quickly whether you enjoy this kind of thing. If you experience anything beyond slight discomfort initially, or any pain at all, stop. Assuming your experiments are successful, consider buying one of the smaller Aneros models like the SGX, MGX or Helix.

Best regards and good luck with your explorations,

Dave
  • stu
    Hi, but if I use my finger or something else then this doesn't have the shape of an aneros. I thought that the shape also matters otherwise one could as well simply buy a plug and stick it in. But a plug isn't the same as an aneros or does it also stimulate the prostate?
    And I also once tried to find the prostate with a finger and I think my finger's simply too short cause I really didn't find anything noticable.
  • Howdy Again, Stu

A couple of (serious, this time) comments. You are over thinking this way way too much. That's a no-no is as much as it will prevent you from getting the most out of the device.

Second, massaging your own prostate is tricky business. It's difficult to reach, and if you do manage such a feat, you are surely in for hand cramps in short order. Another thing that I think that is worth noting here is that it takes time to learn to feel the pleasurable sensations. So, again, even if you manage to hit the prostate with your finger, I think you'll probably be disappointed (at first). Everyone is different, but that was my experience. But if you want to try, squat on the ground, flat footed or on the balls of your feet, and reach from the front. This can also be done on your back by pulling your legs up, but you really need to be a friggin' contortionist to go at it like you might want to.

If I were you, I'd skip past the dildoes and just head straight for a small model aneros. Once in place, the narrow base makes it more comfortable than a dildo. This is just my opinion.

And lastly, I'd stay away from the butt plugs if I were you. I don't think you are ready for that yet. But I would also add that (again) you are over-thinking the shape thing. The illustrations can be misleading, but once you get started, I think you'll find that it's hard to stick anything at all in your ass without stimulating the prostate. Whatever you manage to fit will work once you've learned to feel it, and if you can keep it in place long enough. And the aneros really excels at staying in place.

And the most important thing I can say to you.... seriously and from the bottom of my heart... The aneros is a toy. It is a fun and safe and positive thing to have around you. There is nothing to fear, so stop it!
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    stu,

As you are concerned about prostate stones/ calculi, you should know that they are pretty rare in men under the age of 30. It's something that is much more common in middle aged men, particularly those with BPH. What is it that has you on alert about this condition? Have you been experiencing symptoms related to chronic prostatitis? I'm just trying to get a bead on what has you focused on this.

With respect to taking baby steps, I think that you'll be better served using a device that was specifically designed for this, as opposed to using something that might be laying around the house! It is the latter that can get you into trouble....using too much force. The SGX and MGX both come with a 100% money-back guarantee. That's the route I'd take with this

BF Mayfield
  • stu
    Hello, I have no symptoms of prostatitis and also don't know what they are like.
    I just got worried after reading about all the things which can happen during a prostate massage.
    What is the difference between a PM with a finger and with the aneros? When somebody reaches
    in there with the finger then does he bend his finger when he's found the prostate and then really press
    in there? Does the aneros not press in there? I read that some models I think it was the helix are more aggressive does this mean they put more force on the prostate?

And what I also ask myself what if you don't like the pressure between the balls and the ass then could you also put something between the pressure thing and the skin? After all it's pretty hairy down there and when you have something pressing against the skin and the hair then I could imagine that it could get inflammed.
  • CockadoodleCockadoodle
    Stu, Stu, Stu...My gawd, son, just relax and listen to the advice you're getting here. This forum is made up of thousands (yes, thousands) of Aneros users. The guys that are answering you here are "professional" Aneros users, each having had years of experience with Aneros. We have several doctors on the forum. You're getting the best advice in the world with regard to this product and its use.

Having said that, there have been a few guys over the years (I've been here for 4) who find Aneros unusable. Either because of a physical limitation or other palpable problem. Because of the nature of the forum, which is absolutely unflinching in reporting the success/failure of users, I think I can say, unequivocally, that if there were a danger involved with Aneros use, we would not only know it, but make it very clear to anyone who wishes to know.

Please, Stu, listen to what we're saying, buy one or don't, but, respectfully, get over your unreasonable fear. Aneros use is safe, fun and fulfilling for the VAST majority of users.

Stop with the kvetching and get on with your life. Join us, PLEASE, you'll be glad you did.

By the way, you're far from the first to posit these questions, but read, listen and believe. Believe me, we're on your side, we're telling you the truth, and giving you the best advice we can based on years of positive experience.

Cockadoodle
  • Badger
    stu, if you have no symptoms of any prostate problems, you've been watching too much of Dr. Oz. And my advice to you is STOP IT!!! According to him, you can die of taking too deep of a breath (I'm sure he's had an episode; if not, I'm convinced he'll have one soon). That man is a walking, talking, Johnny Appleseed of paranoia and hypochondria; we would all live better by not watching him, or at least ignoring ~90% of what he says.

I'm inclined to agree with Cockadoodle: if you have no symptoms, you have nothing wrong with your prostate, and there's negligable risk, aside from the risk of becoming addicted and losing your job, wife/girlfriend, friends, and spending all your time playing with the Aneros. Just get one and follow the instructions in the Wiki.
  • rookrook
    Being somewhat of a Contrarian when it comes to life and investments, I tend to weigh most decisions, slice and dice the available facts and look for the best deal I can get -- did well on my marriage and sorted myself through some fun jobs. So, I'm here to rain on the 100% guarantee of absolute safety in life. Here are some observations:

-- Sorry stu but the best engineered passenger airplanes in world aren't 100% safe. We design them to meet some estimated life on each of their component parts and then inspect frequently to see where the cracks in the metal or plastic might be. Sometimes, in spite of our best efforts and educated judgements, a fuselage rips open in flight or a tail falls off. Or, a Canadian Goose flys into an engine inlet and makes a "mess" putting the apparatus in the Hudson River. >>{:-(

-- Sorry but Dame Nature is the babe who spins the roulette wheel. (there is a "0" and a "00" on the wheel). The Sea Wall at Fukushima was designed to withstand a "once-in-a-hundred-year" Tsunami. The engineering was spot-on. No one screwed up. The fickel finger of fate tossed Japan a Tsunami that was a "one in 800-1,000 year event" Maybe we'll now change to 250 year frequency when it comes to natural disasters -- maybe not. It's strictly up to the risk we're willing to take versus the price we're willing to pay to get the pleasure in life that we wish.

-- When it comes to the human bod, there's the roll of the genetic dice. In High School, I was quick at sprints and was always good for a finish with a medal at 100-yards. Despite good coaching and training attempts, I'd fade early in anything over 500 yards. Much later in life I was getting occasional issues with minor stroke like events (TIAs). Turned out I've got an in-born heart defect that allows some blood to bypass my lungs and let tiny blood clots flow to my brain and ears. During an occasional Aneros session I get aggressive with my physical ramp-up and an Aneros triggered dry-O will cause horrid roaring sounds in an ear. I'm about one-in-seventeen on the heart defect and one-in-fifty on the ear and brain defect. Should I cease the more aggressive elements of my Aneros practice to avoid the occasional auditory roar? I choose to not cease -- I enjoy the wonderful pleasure reward from the vast majority of my sessions. As my skills have improved, I've found paths that usually avoid the bad events. Still though, it's a roll of the dice.

-- If you want 100% safety, you'll not find it. You might work hard, earn the money for the most complete physical exam possible and the most exquisite testing of the individual Aneros toy you buy. You might attain a 4-sigma quality level granting you "99.379 % safety." Then, you'll drop your Aneros into the wash basin while cleaning it -- putting you back in the same kettle of soup that the rest of us live in and ENJOY on an everyday basis.

So, sorry stu. There are no 100% guarantees on anything. Even the iPhone 4 had issues.

I'd suggest you follow the excellent advice that Brian Mayfield and Cockadoodle offered -- just buy an SGX or MGX with a money-back-guarantee. We've had a couple of visitors to the Forum who have been unable to correctly accommodate their toy due to some rare birth defect. If it turns out that you're in that group (something like one in twenty-five thousand 1:25,000 gents), return it and get your money back. (another "roll-of-the-dice")

This is about as good as it gets!

Enjoy.
  • stu
    Hi,

just to make sure I understand it correcty. When you're only inserting the aneros and controlling it through your ass muscles and not pull it out and ram it back in like you'd do it with a dildo then there's no way you could do anything wrong?
    But what about the handle thing do you have to adjust it or move it around?

And what do you do with the lube do you lube the aneros or where do you put it?
    And how do you insert it? When you try ti stick it in then do you at the same time relax the sphincter or do you try to press or what's the best way to get it in?
    And what do you do if somehow there's resistance or you feel like you're hitting a wall?
  • impimp
    Dude, there's always a way to do something wrong. Every time a guy says "It's foolproof !", a Fool proves him wrong.
  • Badger
    [QUOTE=imp;96888]Dude, there's always a way to do something wrong. Every time a guy says "It's foolproof !", a Fool proves him wrong.

ROFL You got that right, imp. Now, excuse me while I clean the toothpaste off my monitor.
  • VoyagerVoyager
    The only thing that worried me about Aneros is that I would hit the Super O straight out of the box
    and that it would take over my life like a class A drug.

Now 2 1/2 years later neither has happened.
    I have nothing to worry about.
    You have nothing to worry about.

Think I might stay in bed tomorrow as there are some trains and bus's about.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    stu;

Please spend some time reading the Aneros Wiki, which is linked at the top of this page. As far as I can tell, every single one of your concerns are addressed in there.

After you've studied up, if you still feel apprehensive, well, don't do it. Wait a few years and then reconsider.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • stu
    Hello what about hemorrhoids I think I have some internal ones and also external ones? At least I have these cushions around the exit which look like external ones and somebody after taking a crap it also feels pretty pressure sensitive. Could this be a problem? :confused:
  • rookrook
    Shouldn't be a problem and with time you'll feel better.
  • forgeman
    actually mine have gotten better. they are less swollen and more tolerable
  • rumelrumel
    stu,

While this Forum is a valuable source of information about the pleasurable aspects of Aneros prostate massage use, you should probably visit and read all the information contained on the Aneros parent site.

High Island Health LLC is the parent company & manufacturer of the Aneros® brand of prostate massagers. This patented device was originally and is currently offered for sale as the Pro-State® line of massagers on the High Island Health website. The HIH website is primarily oriented toward the health aspects and benefits of prostate massage in accord with Oriental medicine for prostate related issues. A forum for users to discuss practice with these devices also exists on that website, I encourage you to check out that site to learn more about the health benefits, the ongoing Columbia Medical School study using the Pro-State massagers and testimonials from users regarding their experiences. That site also has a more extensive discussion of the Peristol (Peridise model here) model designed to address hemorrhoidal conditions.
  • PommiePommie
    stu,

I would like to second what rumel has just said above. Some time ago, I obtained the complete set of four Peristal massagers, specifically to obtain relief from haemorrhoids which I have had for many years (with occasional painful flareups).

Whilst I have never used the smallest one, the two mid-sized ones work a treat and my 'piles' are now almost completely gone. Meanwhile, they are so enjoyable to use that I have accumulated more time with them than with all my other Anreos models combined! They may not do much for prostate massage (that's what the other Aneros models are for), I still get some exquisite anal orgasms from the Peristals (Peridises) that I frequently leave one in all night. That tends to result in some beautiful echo effects as well.

BTW, The Aneros Tempo is a wonderful alternative to the largest Peridise and for those who haven't tried this one, you should!

Cheers, Pommie
  • So I suppose we should use aneros with condom to prevent the aneros scraching the internal membrane of our rectum ?
  • stu
    Hi, does the peridise also massage the prostate or what does it do?
    I do not really have problems with hemorrhoids I only know that I have some internal ones and I also think external ones because of the "cushions" around the exit which I interpret to be external hemorrhoids. I looked at other a-holes in porn and they don't have those cushions around the exit.
  • John Henry, I would say that that would be unnecessary unless you are a germaphobe. The devices are all pretty low-friction affairs. And even without lube, it's hardly like sandpaper. Except, that is, for the one with the thorns. ;)
  • stu
    If you put a condom over it then you could go without butt cleaning first cause I'm not keen on that at all. :(

Or what if you just rinse the butt with a shower head from the outside? But I guess this would only clean the outside and not the inside.
  • rookrook
    Hey stu,
    Laying it on the line. You've raised a lot of issues here which seem to linger in your mind. Time to fish or cut bait and settle each of these 'questions' with you own answers.

Perhaps it's time to turn your back on the Aneros experience. If your interest continues, by all means lurk in the forum and we're here to help should you choose to get started.

If you wish to move onward. Fight off the tendency to be judgmental about each element of the Aneros experience. Familiarize yourself with the basics in the Wiki, read the getting started sticky and it's links. Just jump in the water -- you'll be amazed! We're here to help.

I think your greatest issue isn't procedural, medical or physical. It's mostly anxiety that will inhibit your progress. As with swimming, skiing, skydiving or flying, anxiety is best overcome by participating in the sport.

m2cw .... rook