Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Oh my... I cut the wrong end.
  • jackfrost
    So, I've used a helix for about 2 years now. Over that time, I messed with the P-tab enough that I realized it's all at a crazy angle and kind of beyond repair.

So, I decided to buy a new Helix, and not mess with the P-tab.

I just got home from work, very excited to see the package from USPS delivered yesterday. I went and grabbed the clippers, opened the packaging, took out the Helix and proceeded to clip the handle off.

Wait a minute. Why is there still a handle on this Helix? OH SH*T. I look down at the plastic on the floor, and it's the P-tab.

Ugh :P... So, I grabbed some super-glue and am going to try that... I have a feeling it's not gunna hold, but I'll report back if broken off P-tabs can be super glued back on. In hindsight maybe some epoxy or something would of been better.
  • forgeman
    this material usually doesnt go back together. I would try to melt the pieces together is a very soft flame.
  • I read something somewhere about returning an aneros by cutting off both tabs and mailing them back.

Alternatively, you could just call em up and admit to being a bonehead and see if they won't send you another one.

I would not attempt to use one without the p-tab (because I'm never going to be one of those guys you hear about in the emergency room that stuck something stupid up their ass), but I did cut the curly bit off of mine.
  • jackfrost
    [QUOTE=forgeman;96616]this material usually doesnt go back together. I would try to melt the pieces together is a very soft flame.

Great idea. I will try this and see how it goes. The super-glue didn't hold AT ALL. After a few hours, I barely applied pressure and it snapped apart again.

The good news in the short term is I used the new helix as a visual model for me to fix my old one. I got it about 90% looking normal now, so my old one could just become my "new" one again.