Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

keeping it in
  • Hello, I just got an Aneros Helix today and just tried it out.. obviously first session with it didn't achieve anything... what's the best way of keeping the Helix in? I noticed that at times it wanted to slip out?
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Hello, Jay.

Welcome to the Aneros Forum. If you haven't already done so, please flip through the Wiki, linked at the top of this page.

I have a Helix, too. The only time I've noticed it trying to "escape" was when I used voluntary contractions too strongly. It doesn't take much movement or force to get the Helix into contact with your prostate. Contract up gently and hold it on the prostate for a breathing cycle or two, then gently let it back down. Repeat. It may take a number of sessions for things to start happening. My first three days at about an hour a day seemed to produce absolutely nothing. Didn't get my first tingle until Day 4.

Relax and take your time.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • rookrook
    Hello Jay and welcome,

Sounds like canal stress following some post-insertion anxiety. I know you've probably seen, "relax and breathe" in the Forum. Here it is one more time. Assuming you are well cleansed and lubed, this is your body trying to kick out a strange foreign object.

I think Dave's spot-on with his suggested routine. On each of the cycles he suggests, employ deeper breaths, lighter contractions and increased relaxation. Goal, in perhaps two or three weeks, is to eventually relax so far that there's no need to contract just to hold Helix inside you. Only the feather-like force of your breathing will make Helix move. At about that point, the p-tab and Helix will become invisible -- just melding with your body. The rectal stress will be gone and you'll be free of concern. enjoy
  • Sounds to me like it's not in far enough. Once it's in, it's almost like you've made a commitment. If anything, I have a harder time getting it OUT. And the more you use it the stronger you get and the harder to remove it still! What can I say? It loves me.
  • Thanks guys for all the feedback!

Micah, I was also wondering if I simply wasn't putting it in far enough. I'll read over those wiki articles as well! I knew with the first session to not expect much, it takes a while to learn it... so I wasn't disappointed at all. Just learning as I go.
  • Jay,

I just wanna say to you... use it and stick with it and don't get hung up on how long it takes to work. It might take a long time or it might take a short time. But one thing is for sure, when it works, you will think that however long you had to wait was worth it. Until then, pay attention to the positive, because even when it doesn't work, it ain't half bad. :)
  • [QUOTE=Micah Czar;96560]Sounds to me like it's not in far enough. Once it's in, it's almost like you've made a commitment. If anything, I have a harder time getting it OUT. And the more you use it the stronger you get and the harder to remove it still! What can I say? It loves me.

I now know what you mean. After a few beers, I tried it and was way more relaxed and it went way deeper than it did earlier when I tried it. It literally sucked it in and was in place for good. It was only for a short period of time, just experimenting with it since I have to work tomorrow, I can't dedicate a whole lot of time... but I now know what you mean by "making a commitment" with it, cause yeah when I just tried it, it literally just sucked it in as if my body owned it.

I will stick with it and not give up, I know not to expect much of anything for a while.... but I'll keep at it and trying out everything people say's.
  • priapusonepriapusone
    Yeah, Jay, keep on with it man!