Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

What do you think????
  • ssw1
    Is it normal to feel the helix less and less each time I use it?
    Does it build a film like a calice on your hand?
    I'm getting flustered with this. I use my helix every 3 days should I slow down to every 4-5?
  • dtmsmith
    [QUOTE=ssw1;93224]Is it normal to feel the helix less and less each time I use it?
    Does it build a film like a calice on your hand?
    I'm getting flustered with this. I use my helix every 3 days should I slow down to every 4-5?

Could you clarify what you mean by "feel the helix less and less"?
  • ssw1
    When I used my helix It felt really good the first time I used it. I got alot of on the edge feelings just waiting for the next step but never got there.
    Now when I use my helix I'm lucky to get any feelings at all.
  • ssw1
    Anyone have an answer??
  • dtmsmith
    Sorry, I missed your reply.
    I have experienced this as well. I went a long time without very much pleasure from any of my aneros. But, after some time, the feelings came back. I didn't do anything in particular to get them back though. I would encourage you to continue using the helix. Don't expect anything to happen and accept whatever does. Pay attention to any feeling, no matter how subtle.
  • I agree completely with dtmsmith. How may weeks did you use the Helix before this began to happen? I'm a new user, and I'm sure that a lot of the sensations I'm getting now are due to my body (and mind) getting used to the aneros, especially the strengthening and stretching of the anus and anal canal (that, and the whole idea of sticking something up my butt). I expect that as I do these exercises these sensations will give way to subtler sensations. BTW, my plan is to use the aneros every day. I set a timer for 35 minutes. Without the timer I start worrying about work and responsibilities. With the timer I find I can put thoughts of work away.
  • Korkelz
    I think it should be mentioned that the reason you are feeling it less is possibly due to your increasing expectations. At first you had little or no expectations and felt a lot of sensations, right? I'm now experimenting with treating the aneros like an anal pacifier, a passive relaxation toy. I realized that maybe "not chasing the feelings" is a skill; an easy skill to learn, but not immediately obvious. Whenever I feel something good I just have to grab on to it, or something. Now I'm taking steps to be 100% free from that, maybe it's like a habit that needs to break.

Slimjim "I just relax and let my body experience what it's wanting to." ( http://www.aneros.com/forum/f5/what-does-dry-o-feel-like-15088/#post93449 )

aneros_user44994 "For me, it's all about paying complete attention, and being willing to observe whatever comes up. I call it being in "inquiry." The trick of being in inquiry is paying close attention, and making absolutely no judgment. Even thinking something like "this feels great" can break my sense of inquiry." ( http://www.aneros.com/forum/f5/new-experiences-surprised-15102/#post93447 )
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello ssw1, :)

That's some good advice that has been posted. Another thing you might try is to increase the frequency of your Aneros sessions. If you can, try to have them as often as everyday, assuming your body allows it without hurting yourself. Part of this is turning it into an common occurrence and practice and thus the mind makes less expectations of the sessions. The other is that the more you practice, the quicker you re-wire.

Love_is
  • ssw1
    Thanks for the pointers guys!!!
    One day hopefully it'll come. : )
  • thhn
    have you considered trying a different model?
  • ssw1
    Ya I want to try the progasm but don't know If my wife will let me spend another $70 on the same product after I have spent $160 already. If I could find a local place to buy one with cash I would.
  • thhn
    how could you spend 160.00 on a helix? Do you already have other models?
    If your wife is on board with the aneros, why not ask for one as a birthday or aniversary present?
    Buy a toy for her at the same time?
  • ssw1
    [QUOTE=thhn;94234]how could you spend 160.00 on a helix? Do you already have other models?
    If your wife is on board with the aneros, why not ask for one as a birthday or aniversary present?
    Buy a toy for her at the same time?
    I bought the sublime set with express mail.
    My wife stays out of my play . I try to get her too, but no.
    I have bought her lots of toys and she likes to use them or I use them on her.