Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Hemorrhoids
  • Hi,
    I have been having a problem with mild internal hemorrhoids (no blood, just a slight annoying sensation of rectum blockage). Has anyone experienced an improvement of hemorrhoids from using an Aneros device? Really want the problem to go away!! Thanks.
  • slimjm
    Seems to have definitely helped mine. I used to have occasional internal ones, rarely that would bleed, not much of a blockage feeling like you describe though. I've kept up with my colonoscopies to be sure all is well inside and they're able to see where they were and healed. If you're getting into that over 40 age range or see blood or have a family history of colon disorders get checked out and you'll feel much better about it.
  • rookrook
    Hello cabanel and welcome to the Forum,

Yup, I can speak to that. Understand your discomfort and feel it's best to get a doc's opinion regarding what you are feeling. If he/she confirms it's a hemorrhoid, an Aneros or Peridise may help. The High Island Health site -- Hemorrhoid Treatment, Patented Hemorrhoid Massager -- discusses this. (Although the HIH product names are different, the actual massagers are identical to what you see in the Aneros store).

I had intermittent bleeding episodes from a 'roid for over 25 years. Finally reached a point where I opted for banding in 1999 and again in 2005. Issues in 2008 led me to investigate laser treatment.

I started Aneros play and the orgasmic journey in early 2009. Although Peridise (Peristal) is the recommended tool for 'roid therapy, any of the Aneros toys work fine for me. One session each week is sufficient to do the job. It keeps me off the surgeon's table -- a good deal -- getting your 'roid compressed while you get plenty of prostate pleasure.

Let us know how you do
  • Ok great, many thanks for both of your replies. Am having success with suppositories atm, but will get it checked out before I embark on aneros play. I'm in my early twenties. Good to know that the aneros can help; that's brilliant, rook, that using the aneros once a week keeps them at bay!! Just flicking through some other posts I can see it's helped others with the problem. Would you recommend a Helix or a MGX for a beginner (have experience with some toys before though)? Thanks.
  • rookrook
    [QUOTE=cabanel;92504].... Would you recommend a Helix or a MGX for a beginner (have experience with some toys before though)? Thanks.

No suggestion regarding which tool might be best for someone else with a 'roid issue.

I expend more hours with the 'smooth stemmed' Aneros tools (Helix, Eupho & Maximus) than with the MGX and SGX. The later two have ridges along their tapered stems).

From a therapy viewpoint I think that developing a good approach to Kegel and Anal contractions is more important than choice of tool. Musculature will go a long way in improving blood circulation and compression of the tissue. hth ... rook
  • Ok cool, thanks for the advice. I think i might get a Helix.
  • slimjm
    Cavanel, I can think of no likely serious medical problems you should be having in that area just in your early twenties. Dietary fiber to promote soft regular stooling, good bowel habits, using moist pads for cleansing after bowel movements, occasional hemorrhoidal suppository or cream use, and regular use of an Aneros should help you greatly.
  • I've been having what I think (hope?) is a hemorrhoid issue for about a month now. I say "hope" because I think it's hemorrhoids. (Although I've never suffered for this long before. I'm wondering if it could be something else? I don't know what, though... Prolapsed rectum??)

No bleeding, to speak of--just a couple of annoying bulges that stick out occasionally. Sometimes one side, sometimes the other--sometimes both. Last night I couldn't sleep from the discomfort (and worry)--until I pushed the left one back in with some hydrocortisone cream the doc prescribed.

My question is coming; bear with me!

I woke up this morning thinking, "Gee, since I can't walk around very easily with my finger in there (to keep it inside where it's less painful), what else could I use? At first I thought "butt plug"--but then I remembered my Aneros MGX!

I have two models--and never had the hoped for MegaGasm, despite multiple attempts with either one. This morning I took the MGX and (literally) sawed off the perineum abutment and the curvy part of the handle (and then sanded the ends to make them smooth. That left enough of the structure to keep the aneros from disappearing up into my ass (!!), but little enough handle to make it comfortable to sit while inserted. (And, hopefully, enough enough to allow easy removal. (!!!)

I've been wearing it for about 5 consecutive hours today, and I'm MUCH more comfortable! It's really kind of a blessing.

But...

Here's my question (finally): Is there any danger from leaving the Aneros inserted for long periods of time? All day? Overnight? Any negative impact on the rectal walls, or sphincter musculature, etc? Anything other possible negative consequences?

In short, is this a good hemorrhoid treatment, or not?
  • rookrook
    Hi Secondchakra,
    Hey bud, you got four years more than I do in the Forum so I'm a bit hesitant to offer advice. Do know that the Aneros and Peridise have improved my 'roid butt............

Wud be hesitant to leave any of these tools in overnight in contact with a 'roid. No clue what lube you're using but should you absorb it and go 'dry' while asleep you cud do some major damage.

cheers and hope u get well and back in the game again.
  • Badger
    Slippery Stuff Gel lasts a long time, and is proven safe. I've had it still there in the morning after an overnight session.

Another choice is Vaseline, and I've heard good things about coconut oil. However, when these leak out, the sheets and underwear (if wearing) will be stained, making it difficult to clean out.

Have you considered the Peridise models? They were specifically designed to treat hemorrhoids, but like all Aneros', they are pricey (~$50).
  • I had great success with the Peristals (same as Peridise). I wrote about it on the HIH forum:

High Island Health • View topic - Hemorrhoid treatment - what a treat !

and

High Island Health • View topic - Try it, don't be shy

I also recommend the Lotus PureStream toilet seat. Keeps me clean as a whistle with no wiping!
  • Good advice, gentlemen. I appreciate it! I wasn't aware of the Peridise/Peristal. I can't tell from the picture, are they hard or soft? And they're comfortable to sit on, etc?
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello Sekondchakra, :)

They are hard. Made out of the same material as the other Aneros prostate massager's with the exception of the Progasm and Vice being different materials. Out of all the Aneros models, these are likely the most comfortable to sit on. But that's no guarantee. I'm unable to sit on any of the Aneros models comfortably, including the Peridise.

I'd question that price you found. It seems abnormally low at almost 1/3 of the cost here. Makes me wonder if they are used, or are luring you in to then charge you a really high shipping rate. You might want to ask some questions of this Internet retailer as to why the price is so low.

Love_is
  • [QUOTE=Love_is;93083]Hello Sekondchakra, :)

I'd question that price you found. It seems abnormally low at almost 1/3 of the cost here. Makes me wonder if they are used, or are luring you in to then charge you a really high shipping rate. You might want to ask some questions of this Internet retailer as to why the price is so low.

Love_is

You're right. I was misreading the site. It was $34.95 for the beginners set, with the option of the complete set for an additional $65 (making $100 for the set--same as at the Aneros site.

What size would you recommend starting with--or is that too individual a thing?
  • rookrook
    [QUOTE=sekondchakra;93084] ........... snip .......... What size would you recommend starting with--or is that too individual a thing?

Posts in the forum show a wide variety of preferences, probably dependent on the intended use. Many gents quickly graduate to the smallest size in the Advanced set. I immediately locked onto the largest one and have stayed with it there (slow learner.) The pair in the Beginner set has a good range of size and I'd suggest getting that. (the smaller one in the Beginner set does nothing for me.) For reference, I'm on the tight side anally.

Dame Peridise's surface texture is great and when used with a thin, sensitive lube like shea butter, it's great for sex or edging. For hemorrhoid treatment I don't bother with douche or pre-lube. Just cover the ball-shaped head with shea+coco and place a thin coating of hemorrhoid ointment (one FDA approved for internal use) on the shaft and the intrasphincter-bulge. Enjoy and hope you feel better soon.

rook