Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Which Aneros is more likely to work for me.
  • Hi, I've joined this because i am going to get an Aneros. I can only afford 1 and there won't be another unless this really works so I would like to know who has had the most success with which one. I am not new to anal play, the biggest toy being 5.5inches around so size should not be a problem.

That being said i am 5 10" and want something that will reach the prostate. Eupho has some good things said but seems quite short, some people love the progasm and others can't get anything from it. From what I have read the Helix seems about the best but again some get nothing from it. This isn't a poll or anything and there may even be one on here but i haven't found it. I would like a few people to say which one they have had more success with, especially people who have a choice and know which works best.

I am after the whole lot, super O's wave after wave etc. I have never had an anal orgasm and want to feel everything as from what I hear the penile orgasm is nothing in comparison. Also want the one which if it can helps me last longer with the mrs.
  • rookrook
    Hello Jason871 and welcome !!!

This question always engenders plenty of responses.

Here's the poll you were looking for:
    -- http://www.aneros.com/forum/f6/*-aneros-model-best-new-users-11047/ --

This poll gages "popularity" rather than which might be best as a starting tool:
    -- http://www.aneros.com/forum/f6/*-aneros-gets-best-ratings-its-usage-14501/ --

Here's what guys with more than one model say:
    -- http://www.aneros.com/forum/f6/*what-your-favorite-aneros-12406/ --

//************************//

My opinion: MGX and here's why:

-- MGX provides more consistent prostate contact than Helix over a wide range of postures and body positions.
    -- It's reasonably priced.
    -- If you buy at the Aneros store, it carries a money-back guarantee of satisfaction. Give it a try and if you don't like it, buy something else.
    -- It's design nicely compliments the instructions and techniques in the Wiki
    -- It's design provides a better feeling of 'bulk' in the lower part of the canal. Several of us get more Cowpers massage and more precum flow.

OTOH, Helix is more agile and as you change body position/posture it can deliver some very nice vibes.

hth...

LATE NOTE: THE STORE APPEARS TO BE BROKEN RIGHT NOW SO, CHECK BACK THERE LATER FOR THEIR TRIAL AND REFUND POLICIES (THOSE VARY WITH MODEL.)
  • slimjm
    The MGX or the Helix should be good to start with and when it comes to prostate massage and producing dry orgasms previous experience probably plays little role. As a married guy with no prior experience trying this for the first time about a year ago for prostate congestion pain, I've had good success and most any guy willing to take the time to train with these devices can too.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello Jason871, :)

Hi, I've joined this because i am going to get an Aneros. I can only afford 1 and there won't be another unless this really works so I would like to know who has had the most success with which one. I am not new to anal play, the biggest toy being 5.5inches around so size should not be a problem.

Not to confuse the issue any more that it needs to...
    But every guy seems to respond differently to these devices. While the best starter Aneros poll shows the Helix as the winner, there is no guarantee that it will work well for you. My own experience has shown that over time the model that works best for me tends to change. While I pretty much agree with Rook's argument that the MGX would likely be the least risk because of the 90 day money back guarantee. There is no guarantee that you will experience anything amazing or pleasurable within that time frame. So do you return it and call it a bust? If I had done that when I started, I would never have experienced the whole range of pleasurable feelings I get from Aneros sessions. And I haven't even achieved super-O's yet. You see, my first model was a Helix, and it took me about a year and half of infrequent use to realize that there really was something to these things and that it was tickling something inside of me that was very pleasurable feeling. That's my two cents worth. :)

Love_is
  • Thanks for the quick replies, i will look through those other threads now. As far as the price is concerned i would rather spend the extra £10 especially living in the UK because of delivery costs. In fact the cheapest place i can find it is in a toy store here as opposed to their main store. Don't want to promote it but they sell the Helix for 39.99 with free postage.

Hopefully after reading the other threads i will have more idea. Thanks again for the help.
  • Love_isLove_is
    No problem. Good luck with whatever you decide! :)
  • I want to thank everyone who helped. I finally bought an Helix after reading all the polls and have been using it for a month now. I have to say that so far I am disappointed. I know i was told to be patient but i dont seem to be getting anywhere near even getting enjoyment from it let alone a super O. I have read through all the help tips and used all the positions mentioned without any greater success. The only thing I am doing that isn't mentioned is I am using baby oil. I have tried it also by putting the oil on the helix, adding a condom then putting oil on the condom.

It really doesn't feel like it's touching the prostate and I can't find the sweet spot so I can't tell if that is a problem or not. I have considered modifying it but a lot of the reports are as much against it as with it. Can anyone explain what I could be doing wrong please or point me to some decent posts that tell of others who have got past this problem. I have done a few searches and read through getting started etc with no success. Thanks for any help.
  • MyTurn
    [QUOTE=jason871;92999]I want to thank everyone who helped. I finally bought an Helix after reading all the polls and have been using it for a month now. I have to say that so far I am disappointed. I know i was told to be patient but i dont seem to be getting anywhere near even getting enjoyment from it let alone a super O. I have read through all the help tips and used all the positions mentioned without any greater success. The only thing I am doing that isn't mentioned is I am using baby oil. I have tried it also by putting the oil on the helix, adding a condom then putting oil on the condom.

It really doesn't feel like it's touching the prostate and I can't find the sweet spot so I can't tell if that is a problem or not. I have considered modifying it but a lot of the reports are as much against it as with it. Can anyone explain what I could be doing wrong please or point me to some decent posts that tell of others who have got past this problem. I have done a few searches and read through getting started etc with no success. Thanks for any help.

Are you building up enough arousal? I, with my low libido, have to go over 2 weeks without ejaculating to be in any kind of state for the Aneros.
    Are you following the wiki? Do you just lay there expecting a Super-O? Do you hold a baseline contraction? Can you separate a PC, rectal and anal contraction?
    Do you prelube (insert lube in your arse first)? I use a condom too, by the way. Make sure the condom is just around the inserted part, not the perineum tab, or handle as it can feel "pully" (like you're being kinda "gaped") and distract you (if it doesn't feel pully, then ignore me! haha). Do you lay on your back? Don't mod the Helix just yet. This shit takes time. Trust me. It ain't for guys looking for a penile-orgasm-but-stronger-and-without-having-to-touch-myself.

Baby oil may not be lubey enough? I have the Helix but have moved back to my MGX these days.
  • I think i have the arousal thing ok, did wait a week in between ejacs but that is fine for me as i usually am ok the following day (horny as hell in other words). Followed the wiki, have held the contractions though i admit to having problems telling the PC and others apart though i think i am doing that right. Always prelube and condom is only on inserted part.

I have tried all different positions including on my back with legs bent and feet flat or with legs straight down or spread wide, straight down feels the best but still nothing. That leaves the lube, i may have to invest in better stuff, just thought baby oil would be fine. Thanks for the reply, will just have to keep trying for another month or so and then may have to try modifying.
  • Jason,

I'd suggest you make sure you know what prostate contact feels like in the first place. Use your finger or an appropriate object to find out. Once you know what to expect, then you'll know when the Aneros device is engaged correctly. If you already know what prostate contact feels like and are getting zero, then you may need a different model than the one you have.

Cheers,

Dave