Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

health question
  • newby
    ok here is the deal i slept with this girl over a month ago bout two wks later i notice burning when i urinated so a i got on her case about it cuz ive known the girl for a awhile so she swears up and down that she hadnt been with anyone sence her last trip to the girl dr... mean while im trying to avoid going to the clinic to get this check cuz its such a joy going there ...so i decide to take a few days worth of 500mg of cephalexin that i had so i took it every 8-10 hrs for 3 days i ended up takeing 7 pills and the symtome went away dureing that time so i thought ok its gone two days after i stopped takeing them the burning came back i didnt have any fluid leaking just burning... so i went to the nearest cvs and i got AZO urinary track infection test strips... desprit at this point i tried them... test were negitive.. the whole time ive been thinking and hopeing its not a more searous problem with my prostate.... ive been useing aneros for bout 8 mnths now...im out of ideas...ill probly just end up going to the clinic and getting tested and then go from there........any sugestions?? thx
  • rumelrumel
    newby,

I strongly suggest you make an appointment with your doctor to have your condition properly diagnosed. This Forum is not the appropriate place to obtain qualified medical advice. I know this may be inconvenient but it is better to pursue a planned course of action based upon professional judgment and testing than to stumble blindly ahead with fear in your heart and mind. A proper diagnosis will ease your mind and perhaps obviate a need for taking medications or at least target a proper medication for your condition.

A word of caution about the use of antibiotic drugs - There is increasing concern about the over-use and misuse of antibiotics leading to the development of drug resistant strains of bacteria. Please read this
    Mayo Clinic article for more understanding of this concern.
  • slimjm
    There are a variety of causes for urethritis, or burning in the urethra, not all necessarily sexually transmitted, and treatment for each can be different. You've probably done no harm taking the cephalexin but there may be something else you need. See your physician and go through the proper evaluation and treatment for it.
  • derickderick
    Good advice here Newby; let us know how things work out, you have big brothers concerned about you. Beast of luck, my guess, is it's something simple, just find out for sure so you can get back to enjoyin' your cock.
  • rookrook
    Hi newby and gents here,

There are several fungi and flora related bugs that humans can pick up with or without having sex. Summertime and southern climes are rife with all manner of critters that gals seem to pick up from wearing a sweaty swimsuit.

Don't get tough on the g/f. aside from perhaps, "...since our last serious date, I've developed some bug that is causing me fits. I'm going to have it checked out and treated. I'll let you know what they find."
  • QuoVadis
    Great, so you think you may have some sort of infection, take some drugs you "happen" to have on hand, then go to a prostate stimulation site for advice.
    Wrong in so many ways.
    Go to the doctor. That's what they're for.
    And hope your use of an antibiotic (didn't you finish the course for which it had been described? Or was it from a friend? Sheesh!) didn't screw the lab results.
    QV
  • newby
    so i went to the clinic got tested everything came back negative.... now im going to make an appointment with my fam dr