Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Quick and Dirty Path to the Super-O
  • The purpose of this post is hopefully to help a few people who are not getting the results they hoped for with their Aneros. By no means will these techniques necessarily guarantee you a Super-O, but they may help you on your journey.

I bought my Aneros models a couple of years ago (Eupho and Helix) and during that time they were a point of curiosity but nothing more. I didn’t do a whole lot with them, and I didn’t really do deep reading on either device. The few times I used them, they provided some interesting sensations, Super-Ts, and the like, but nothing close to a Super-O. In fact I pretty much thought a Super-O was a Super-T. I did do some reading in the forums, but when I read the accounts of the Super-Os, I thought they were impossible exaggerations designed to hype an overpriced piece of plastic. Boy was I WRONG.

Recently I’ve revisited these devices with incredible results. This time I went through and read everything, the Wiki, forum posts, etc. I took note of the advice and set off to see if I could get these doohickeys to fulfill their ultimate purpose… The Super-O.

The advice out there is excellent and with it, I have indeed found the Super-O, however I did not find the Super-O by using the instructions out there exclusively. While it is important to read the more frequently cited guides, just as important is reading between the lines. What follows is some of the information I’ve stumbled on in my own journey. Hopefully it might fill in the gaps for a few people who are frustrated in their own journeys.

First up… Exercise. 90% of the journey to the Super-O can be done without the Aneros. The key is preparation, and by that I don’t mean which lube to use. Two muscles are involved in making the Aneros do its thing, your PC muscle (the one you use to stop urinating) and your anal sphincter. Before you stick anything in your butt, locate these muscles and learn how to manipulate them. Contract your anal sphincter, then your PC muscle; then back again. Alternate contracting, then two contractions of one, followed by two contractions of the other, etc. Then try contracting them both simultaneously. The final skill set to learn is to contract them in a rolling motion, where say a contraction of the anal sphincter rolls right into a contraction of the PC muscle. Think of it like a belly dancer undulating her stomach, or peddling a bike, it’s not two separate contractions; it’s one wave of motion. While mastering this exercise, you may feel a P-wave. If so, that’s a good sign.

OK now that you know where all your key muscles are, and how to manipulate them, you’re ready to put the Aneros in. Now the great lube debate has always raged, but in my personal experience the best method is the condom method. I’ve tried many other variations, but nothing else gives me the reliability and mobility of that method. But whatever method you choose, here’s what you do next.

Pop it in and wait 10 minutes. This is often mentioned and it is sound advice. However during that time I usually do a few light contractions as a “mobility check.”

Now… position. In my early experiments I used to lie on my stomach, but my revised advice would be to lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat on the bed. I would also recommend placing a pillow under your lower back/butt to prop yourself up. Get yourself situated, and relax. But don’t “do nothing” instead play with the device a little. Do light contractions of your anal sphincter, your PC muscle, etc. Test mobility, play... At this point you should have no particular goal other than get your bearings down there. Do the exercises you did without it in, note the sensations.

When you’re ready for something more, try this. Contract both your anal sphincter and PC muscle and hold. You needn’t do a full contraction, just somewhere between 70-80%. Continue holding, hold for about 30 seconds. Then start to slowly release the contractions. As you back off, with any luck your Aneros will be caught in a “tug-of-war” between the two muscle sets. The key is an imbalance in the muscle forces. As you let up on the dual contraction, one or both muscles will still be trying to hold on, after have been gripping for awhile the muscle will be fatigued, and as you release the grip, but not fully releasing, it will like start to flutter with exhaustion. Like a weightlifter on his last rep. These are the elusive involuntaries.

The first time you pull off this “unbalancing act” you’ll probably get some interesting sensations which will no doubt be short lived, because the first time it happens, and you feel it, you’ll naturally try and control it, and the ride stops. The trick is to back off your grip just enough to trigger the muscle imbalance, and then hold it there, that's the only thing you need to control the hold, but it takes a little skill to manage that. After a few attempts at this you’ll get the hang of it, and the fun will truly start to begin. This is when you may start to shake, start breathing heavy, and otherwise notice new things. Your anal sphincter may also spasm at this point and pull the Aneros in, this is good. When the spasm subsides let up on it slowly and as the Aneros slides slowly down, it may trigger yet another one, this is the beginning of the Super-O.

If you can’t quite get the tension between your anal sphincter and PC muscle properly unbalanced, or you just haven’t practiced it enough, here’s a little trick to speed that along. While contracting both your anal sphincter and PC muscle, push down on the bed with one of your feet. This too will create imbalance down there and should start the Aneros doing its magic dance. I use this tip after a few Super-Os when my muscles are truly fatigued and I can’t control my muscles as precisely anymore.

Now to finish the job… When I’ve got the Aneros dancing down there and the sensations are starting to build to a fever pitch, while holding my contractions I straighten out my legs flat on the bed in a V shape and stretch as one often does when they wake up in the morning. This realigns my PC muscle and anal sphincter muscles giving them a renewed boost of strength and with that, the Super-O is almost always instant. Ride it out… But as your muscles release from all that action, and it slowly slides by the oh so special spot, it may kick off another one, or some would see that is an extension of the initial one, either way it’s loads of fun. When you become more advanced you can actually add contractions during the Super-O prolonging it.

Once that occurs, I’m in the zone. After the Super-O subsides, I bend my knees again, feet flat on the bed, and begin the tug-of-war between my anal sphincter and my PC muscle again. The dance begins, sensations build, stretch, Super-O. Another trick to pull to kick in the Super-O, while your knees are still bent and the sensations are building; rub your feet back and forth across the bed as if you were trying to build up static electricity to shock someone. The net effect is more imbalance down there, more stimulation, and when you go to stretch a greater chance of hitting Super-O land.

After a particularly intense session, my calves are shot the next day :)

So there you have a quick and dirty guide to attaining the Super-O. This is by no means meant to supercede any information already in existence, it’s simply the things I’ve learned along the way. Will it work for you? I don’t know, but I thought I would offer it up to those who are frustrated with their journey. This simply represents how I parsed down all the information that exists into an actionable plan that gave me awesome results. The techniques here work equally well with the Helix and Eupho.

Good luck.

P.S. There are times now when I'm doing my exercises Aneros free and I end up having have Super-Os through mere muscle flexing, no devices needed, though the ride is more fun with the device. The main thing to know is the Aneros is not a jackhammer, it's a paintbrush designed for skillful manipulation in the "hands" of an artist. It takes finesse, creativity, and experimentation to get it working. This is just my recipe.

Addendum:

To those of you on the verge... I have yet another little tidbit of advice that may help you find your way along the path. At this point your brain is pretty much saying… “Hey this feels really nice, but I normally don’t receive pleasure like this, so what am I supposed to do with it?” and you lie there teetering on the edge of something great, but never hit the mark. This of course is the rewiring process, you brain has to learn that this is a perfectly viable way to get off, but it may require a little nudge.

And here’s how you can give it a little nudge… Next time you’re on the verge of something, clamp down on the Aneros (with both muscle sets) and take the tip of your index finger and LIGHTLY tickle your frenulum for about 1-2 seconds. Make it as quick as possible. If you’re just at the right spot in the session you’ll feel a shot of pleasure span from the tip of your penis to your prostate. It doesn’t matter what state of arousal your penis is in either.

Your brain goes… “Whoa, I just felt some nice traditional stimulation! I know what that is!” but then it makes a connection… “But I’m still feeling it deep inside of me, something, something is sustaining that… OK let me go with that…” It’s like that little touch turns the nerve group into a “live wire” and then it opens it up full throttle to the new stimulus. I tend to think of it as burning the candle at both ends, but when you light the one end, it automatically lights the other.

Use this trick sparingly though; you’re trying to get the prostate to do its own thing. This is just to help train the brain for the ultimate goal. Once you hit that goal, nipple stim will likely serve the same purpose. That too, as outlined many times here, can get the job done, but the effect is more subtle, at least for me it was, and didn't fully kick in until I was "rewired."
  • Great post. Full of really good advice. I find the
    section on the muscle exercises to be very
    informative. Those exercises are something
    I can do almost any where which is great.
    I think to start this process I will try to contract
    the different muscles while taking a leak to provide
    myself with good feedback as to whether I'm
    doing it right. I guess I'll be drinking a lot of
    water from now on. Lol!
  • Forgot to mention, sessions usually last an hour and a half, with all things starting to fire about 45 minutes to an hour into the session. Takes a little bit to get the prostate warmed up, but once it is, look out!
  • darwindarwin
    With due respect to all our community members, this is one of the best posts i have seen in my seven years on this forum.

Required reading.

CaveOfMystery, way to apply your mind!

Rumel, can we get this into the wiki somehow?

darwin
  • rumelrumel
    CaveOfMystery,

Thank you for the well written synopsis of your thoughts and techniques which have allowed you to successfully attain Super-O's. I am hopeful many new users and struggling members will find this information useful as they search for and develop their own combination of techniques, perhaps using your suggestions as their starting point.

'darwin', I agree 'CaveOfMystery's post has value and is a worthwhile read for new and/or struggling members. However, I'm unclear about where in the WIKI some of this information may be most relevantly located. All the salient points covered in this post are already discussed at various locations within the present WIKI structure.

I do believe it is worth preserving and made more accessible though, Rather than allowing the thread to drift into obscurity over time, I have gone ahead and added it to my list of suggested post reads in the "Cherry Picks" Community Group section.
  • grayfox
    Wow, what a sick post with so many things I have to try out :)

Somewhat basic question, though: Where is the difference between a PC and anal muscle contraction? The only difference I can feel is the location of both muscles but it seems impossible to isolate either one from the other.
  • Pan
    CaveofMystery,

Your "tug-of-war" description is brilliant.

I'm not really a fan of the contraction method, but this is the most practical, comprehensive guide I've seen anywhere on the subject.

Required reading indeed.
  • [QUOTE=grayfox;88875]Wow, what a sick post with so many things I have to try out :)

Somewhat basic question, though: Where is the difference between a PC and anal muscle contraction? The only difference I can feel is the location of both muscles but it seems impossible to isolate either one from the other.

It takes a little practice, but if you are having trouble isolating them, then try this. Do a full anal contraction, and while holding it, see if you can send signals to contract your PC muscle with very light contractions in rapid succession. The only purpose here is to learn the different sensations each muscle group has. As you do your light PC contractions back off the anal contraction. After awhile you should be able to differentiate between the two, and control them independantly. But the best part is you can practice this skill anytime, anywhere.
  • strugglerstruggler
    I agree with grayfox, I'm still not quite sure what an anal contraction is. If stopping yourself from urinating helps identify the PC muscle, what helps identify the anal muscle? An anal contraction isn't the bearing down "push" you make during a bowel movement, is it? Or is that a rectal contraction?
  • [QUOTE=struggler;88880]I agree with grayfox, I'm still not quite sure what an anal contraction is. If stopping yourself from urinating helps identify the PC muscle, what helps identify the anal muscle? An anal contraction isn't the bearing down "push" you make during a bowel movement, is it? Or is that a rectal contraction?

Anal, rectal, or sphincter contraction, different words, same action. It's not the bearing down push, but the finishing move you make after the push, the proverbial "pinching off." Or... The muscle you use to hold back a BM when you have to go really bad, but there isn't a toilet available.
  • Add a summary and chapters with proper paragraphs, and this might well be wiki material.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hi Folks, :)

Here's my take on the different contractions. Like grayfox, struggler, and probably most other new Aneros users, when I first started this journey I had no idea what the different contractions were and how to apply and/or control them separately. It was only through repeated and regular Aneros sessions with plenty of experimentation did I eventually figure these things out. Particularly the whole PC muscles thing. As that is not quite as obvious in my mind as the anal and rectal contractions. So don't be discouraged if you can't figure these out after just starting. Give yourself plenty of time and patience when you practice.

An easy way to make a distinction between anal and rectal contractions is as follows:

An anal contractions will pull the Aneros inside of you.

A rectal contraction will push the Aneros out.

If you are having trouble just recognizing the difference between these two contractions from just the sensations in your anus, just lightly put some fingers on the end of the Aneros so you can feel what direction it is moving.

The PC muscle contraction when you've got it down right, will feel like you are pushing your prostate harder against the end of the Aneros. Your prostate being closer towards the front of your body, and the Aneros behind it. So when you squeeze your PC muscles, your prostate gets pushed towards the backside of your body. This one is a little more difficult to separate from an anal contraction. And sometimes I even end up inadvertently combining the two. But once you get this figure out and mastered, you'll be able to do it without an Aneros inserted to help guide you so to speak.

Love_is
  • [QUOTE=Love_is;88884]
    An easy way to make a distinction between anal and rectal contractions is as follows:

I thought it was exactly the other way around? Confirm/deny? :confused:
  • OptimusOptimus
    [QUOTE=grayfox;88875]Wow, what a sick post with so many things I have to try out :)

Me too. I seem to have an issue isolating them. I can do an anal contraction independently of the PC contraction, but when I try to do a PC contraction on its own, invariably I can feel the PC contraction spilling over into a partial anal contraction.

Thanks much for the excellent post, CaveOfMystery, but: do you have a method one can follow to get the PC contraction without anal contraction also?
  • rumelrumel
    Guys,

It might help if you read about Pelvic Floor muscles in the "Your Body" section of the Aneros WIKI.
  • [QUOTE=Love_is;88884]

Ooops... Yeah I guess a rectal contraction isn't the same, but then again I never really thought of it as a contraction until now, I always viewed it as an "expulsion," but I guess if you don't contract, you don't expunge.
  • [QUOTE=Optimus;88886]Me too. I seem to have an issue isolating them. I can do an anal contraction independently of the PC contraction, but when I try to do a PC contraction on its own, invariably I can feel the PC contraction spilling over into a partial anal contraction.

Thanks much for the excellent post, CaveOfMystery, but: do you have a method one can follow to get the PC contraction without anal contraction also?

That shouldn't hinder you too much, but in time you should be able to separate the two. The more you flex those muscles the greater amount of control you'll get. It's kind of like learning to swing a golf club, you've got the raw components, you've just got to develop the muscle memory to gain precise control.
  • Woodsman
    Cave:
    Your excellent advice has had immediate results for me. I’m going into my tenth month with Aneros; progress has been much slower than I expected, but I am delighted with how far I’ve come. The Helix and now the Progasm have opened up a new world of sensory pleasures and insights. I have read through most of the advice on this invaluable forum, but I have not yet had a super-O or even any involuntary contractions. After reading your post I began to realize that I have not appreciated the importance of the PC contractions, and of contracting them separately from the anal sphincter.
    I have been doing mostly anal contractions, followed by contractions of some of those interior abdominal muscles that seem to pull directly on the prostate. After reading your post last night I began practicing the separate control, and rolling one contraction into the other. I awakened at 4am and inserted the Helix, and within ten minutes I was having the best ride ever. The anal-PC roll-in followed by the tug-of-war worked just as you said it would. Soon I began having my first involuntary contractions. They didn’t last long, but after this long a wait, for me it was a huge step.
    Today, whenever I practice the sequence, the P-waves are instant and powerful. For me at least, your routine has worked beautifully.
    Thanks to you, I have reached a new level, and have much more confidence that the best is yet to come.
    Woodsman
  • darwindarwin
    [QUOTE=Woodsman;88891]Cave:
    Your excellent advice has had immediate results for me. [...]
    Thanks to you, I have reached a new level, and have much more confidence that the best is yet to come.
    Woodsman

Hear hear! I had a feeling we'd get this kind of response. I'll try to get a chance to find a home for Cave's post on the wiki in the next few days.

Darwin
  • [QUOTE=Woodsman;88891]Cave:
    Your excellent advice has had immediate results for me. I’m going into my tenth month with Aneros; progress has been much slower than I expected, but I am delighted with how far I’ve come. The Helix and now the Progasm have opened up a new world of sensory pleasures and insights. I have read through most of the advice on this invaluable forum, but I have not yet had a super-O or even any involuntary contractions. After reading your post I began to realize that I have not appreciated the importance of the PC contractions, and of contracting them separately from the anal sphincter.
    I have been doing mostly anal contractions, followed by contractions of some of those interior abdominal muscles that seem to pull directly on the prostate. After reading your post last night I began practicing the separate control, and rolling one contraction into the other. I awakened at 4am and inserted the Helix, and within ten minutes I was having the best ride ever. The anal-PC roll-in followed by the tug-of-war worked just as you said it would. Soon I began having my first involuntary contractions. They didn’t last long, but after this long a wait, for me it was a huge step.
    Today, whenever I practice the sequence, the P-waves are instant and powerful. For me at least, your routine has worked beautifully.
    Woodsman

To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi…
    “You’ve taken your first step into a larger world.”

But now that you’ve found some success don’t go at it too hard too fast… Take it easy, relax, put a few days between sessions. It was about 8 sessions after I taught myself that trick that I nearly ripped the headboard off the bed…:)

Just play and have fun now, hone your skills, and with any luck you'll hit that plateau.
  • Badger
    I've managed to develope the ability to use one muscle group to pull-in and forward into the prostate, and use another muscle group to pull-in and pull away from the prostate, essentially rocking the Aneros back and forth. What muscles am I using? Seriously, I have no idea.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello Rod of Plastic, :)

image Originally Posted by Love_is image

I thought it was exactly the other way around? Confirm/deny? :confused:

It is as I typed it. I don't want to say I'm never wrong... But I feel quite confident in observing and feeling my body sensations that this is the effect each contraction does.

Love_is
  • Turnrow
    Thanks CaveofMystery for a great post. I find I can get the rolling motion between PC and ANUS going in a better fashion by relaxing both sets of muscles before I clinch/tighten them up. So the process is a four step practice set to make the rolling happen. (1) Relax PC muscles, (2) Clench PC muscle, (3) Relax anus muscles, (4) Clench anus muscle. Doing these four things over and over makes the rolling action and P waves happen for me, especially when I add nipple action.

I feel warmth in my anus when I do lots of these in a relaxed fashion without the aneros inserted as CaveofMystery says we can do for 90% of the time. I hope the warmth is a good sign.
  • [QUOTE=Love_is;88906]Hello Rod of Plastic, :)

It is as I typed it. I don't want to say I'm never wrong... But I feel quite confident in observing and feeling my body sensations that this is the effect each contraction does.

Love_is

What I meant is that I thought that the anal group is the one called rectal and the other way around...

Anyway, for challenge, tried putting the "tug-of-war" concept to practice with a Progasm tonight. CoM could really be on to something, as focusing on dual contractions both increased the sensations of the initial phase, and considerable prolonged the pleasure experienced during the latter half of the session, way past the point when I normally start to peter out.
  • Commenting on the initial post only, and not the subsequent posts. CaveofMystery you have put into words that which I have failed to do. What you explain in such precise detail is exactly what I feel and do with my Aneros device. However, when someone asks what to do, I have not really been able to add anything substantial. What I mean to tell them is the wave motion that you so brilliantly describe. I think that's the key motion exactly. I try to coax my muscles into making the device do a "come hither" motion as if it were a finger. Your tug of war imbalance is the very thing that sets off sweet vibrations throughout my body. I thank you for adding another level of detail and clarity to that which already exists.
  • artformartform
    Hi again Turnrow!! :D :D

[QUOTE=Turnrow;88908]Thanks CaveofMystery for a great post. I find I can get the rolling motion between PC and ANUS going in a better fashion by relaxing both sets of muscles before I clinch/tighten them up. So the process is a four step practice set to make the rolling happen. (1) Relax PC muscles, (2) Clench PC muscle, (3) Relax anus muscles, (4) Clench anus muscle. Doing these four things over and over makes the rolling action and P waves happen for me, especially when I add nipple action.

I feel warmth in my anus when I do lots of these in a relaxed fashion without the aneros inserted as CaveofMystery says we can do for 90% of the time. I hope the warmth is a good sign.

The warmth is a very good early sign, and at many other times too. :D Great contribution here CaveofMystery!!! Great handle too! :D

patiently wait for the signs as those that do come to you in your unique way all

artform
  • grayfox
    I'm a bit puzzled right now since everyone talks from the rolling motion. In the OP it seems like this only serves as a training exercise so where is the point to use this motion during a session?
  • HelixerHelixer
    I'm probably the only who thinks this, but to me it's all about awareness and for this awareness to come about the pathways have to be cleared. When I started off, I'd been reading all the tips and tricks of members that already had a super O, with basically an elaboration of what was already in the Aneros instructions, mechanically explaining the interplay between the various muscles, but I never got any real pleasurable sensation even though I was aware of my different muscles. I started wondering if perhaps it was wrong of me to use my pc muscle as everytime I used it it just made me want to shit or pee.
    It was only when the pathways had been cleared and I'd become aware of that special feeling that I was able to use the muscles to great effect and what I'd read previously started to fall into place.
    I think it's a bit like puberty. Before puberty you're aware of your penis, you might even get an erection, but only during puberty does it all fit into place when you start getting sexual thoughts.
  • zanebluezaneblue
    For women it is the same thing--you need an acute awareness and strengthening of your PC muscles for vaginal orgasms. Also the pathways do need to be cleared. I think this is both a mental process and a physical one, the physical part needing a good baseline of balanced hormonal and neurotransmitter levels (and I'm convinced my diet helps with this).
  • HelixerHelixer
    [QUOTE=zaneblue;88930]For women it is the same thing--you need an acute awareness and strengthening of your PC muscles for vaginal orgasms. Also the pathways do need to be cleared. I think this is both a mental process and a physical one, the physical part needing a good baseline of balanced hormonal and neurotransmitter levels (and I'm convinced my diet helps with this).

The strengthening of the pc muscles isn't to be able to have orgasms, but for the intensity. You might be able to lift 100 kg with your dick, but if there's no awareness and the pathways aren't clear I doubt it will happen.
  • grayfox
    One more thing. Contracting with 70-80% for 30 seconds seems a lot and lets my muscles get tired pretty quickly. When I tried all that in my last session I experienced the most body movement so far but in terms of pleasure it was only 5th best or so.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello Rod of Plastic, :)

What I meant is that I thought that the anal group is the one called rectal and the other way around...I don't believe this is so. If you go back and re-read the other descriptions in this thread of which contraction is which, you'll see that it lines up with what I'm saying.

It's good to hear though that you've gotten some nice results from CaveOfMystery's tug-o-war concept. :)

Love_is
  • pnomanpnoman
    This should be a sticky. One of the best posts here I ever read!
  • CockadoodleCockadoodle
    Great post, Cave, and very descriptive. These physical cues along with the right mental attitude should go a long way to help many guys here.

Thanks for your informative and instructional post.

Guys! Pay attention, this is good stuff.

Cockadoodle
  • darwindarwin
    CaveOfMystery, and everybody else,

I have added a section in the Wiki that is adapted from COM's original post (slightly condensed and edited).

It is on the Advanced Skills page. See Tug-of-war.

Darwin
  • waverider
    Cave,
    Thanks for writing this. I've read almost everything here over the past couple of years, and nothing has even come close to explaining succinctly how to achieve a Super O. Even though I have been there on my own, I have played around with different positions, music, weed, time of day etc. and found all kinds of things that either work or don't After reading your post last week, I had time for a session this last weekend, and so I consciously followed your directions and immediately saw benefits. What was so interesting about it was that I was thinking in my head about steps to take etc. which would normally cause me to lose focus and have my session peter out. Not the case here. At any rate, we all know how hard it is to describe what is happening with Super O's and what is involved to get there; your post does this better than anything else and should be included in the packet insert sold with the Aneros.
  • Turnrow
    [QUOTE=grayfox;88926]I'm a bit puzzled right now since everyone talks from the rolling motion. In the OP it seems like this only serves as a training exercise so where is the point to use this motion during a session?

I'm with you grayfox. Cave, you state that when you are ready for something more, contract both your anal and PC muscles at about 70 to 80% and hold for about thirty seconds. I can only assume that you are talking about contracting them both SIMULTANEOUSLY in an effort to fatique them and start the fluttering.

AM I WRONG? OR SHOULD WE CONTRACT THEM IN THE ROLLING/ ALTERNATING MANNER INDIVIDUALLY FOR 30 SECONDS? THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION.
  • [QUOTE=Turnrow;88995]I'm with you grayfox. Cave, you state that when you are ready for something more, contract both your anal and PC muscles at about 70 to 80% and hold for about thirty seconds. I can only assume that you are talking about contracting them both SIMULTANEOUSLY in an effort to fatique them and start the fluttering.

AM I WRONG? OR SHOULD WE CONTRACT THEM IN THE ROLLING/ ALTERNATING MANNER INDIVIDUALLY FOR 30 SECONDS? THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION.

" Do light contractions of your anal sphincter, your PC muscle, etc. Test mobility, play... At this point you should have no particular goal other than get your bearings down there. Do the exercises you did without it in, note the sensations."

The training exercises, once mastered, are supposed to be done once the Aneros is in as a means of playing, teasing, mapping, experiencing. They'll no doubt bring you some measure of pleasure, the amount of which, will no doubt vary depending on which manipulation techniques your body likes best. Once the pump is primed so to speak, then move onto the contraction. And you are correct, it is a simultaneous contraction, that you then back off of unevenly, which is why you need independent control of each muscle. As each muscle group struggles for control that's when the fun begins. If it doesn't have the desired effect, then back to exercises, and once again play, tease, prime.

The execises can also be used in the throes of a Super-O to prolong it, increase its intensity, etc.
  • Turnrow
    Thanks CaveOfMystery: From my journey so far, this is a better technique for me (type A) personality than just trying to relax and lay there. I have already had some flutters and some involuntaries. I am hoping for more with your excellent regime/instructions adding this to the deep relaxation.
  • Woodsman
    On my second and third sessions using this technique I had some great P-waves but was unable to achieve any more involuntary contractions. But then I got the best ones yet on my fourth try, using the following variation. First, as Cave and others have said, it is important to master independent control of the anal sphincter and the PC muscles. I start with a few cycles of anal-rolling-into PC, then contract both, then I hold the PC at about 80% while very slowly repeatedly relaxing and contracting the anal sphincter (all the while holding fairly steady tension on the PC), until I find a critical “sweet spot” of tension. It’s a little like tuning a stringed instrument, finding the exact pitch that puts the “anal string” in harmony with the “PC string.” (In fact, I suspect that the desired result is a similar form of resonance). Then as the anal fatigue builds, the flutters start.
    Right now that sweet spot is elusive and not always there, but I have a feeling it will get easier to find with practice.
    It’s exciting to feel the muscle memory building, making the process a little easier each time.
  • slimjm
    Hey Woodsman. I think you and I started about the same time 10 months ago with all this. Just last month I reached the prostate orgasm stage, well worth all these months of work, so keep at it. Getting those involuntary contractions to come is the key, and the key word here is involuntary.

But, going back to the voluntary contractions, somewhere, I don't really remember, I read that the PC contraction was the "cutting off your urine mid stream" contraction and that the anal contraction was the "tightening your anus to keep a bowel movement or flatus from coming out" contraction--this being the same contraction you can voluntarily use to pull the Aneros "in"--and a rectal contraction is the contraction we're all familiar with that pushes out a bowel movement. And, most can train themselves, as I did and it greatly helped, to voluntarily hold a light to medium PC contraction without bringing an anal contraction into the process, though of course higher levels of PC contraction will cause the anus to contract also--that's just the way we're built down there.

As an exercise, try lightly contracting the muscles you would use to cut off your urine mid stream and hold that contraction a while without contracting or tightening your anus. If you're not sure of the muscle group involved, next time you have to pee, sit rather than stand, and while peeing, stop your stream at intervals with just enough muscle contraction to stop the flow of urine, but not enough to tighten up your anus. After a while you'll get really good at separating the PC and anal contractions and almost anytime at work or around the house you can practice and get really good at it. Then during a session, use these light to medium PC contractions, holding them awhile each time, and see what your Aneros does. It does take training, often months, and I think that's what the "rewiring" process is about, but eventually, holding these PC contractions with the Aneros in place will trigger a fatigue-like induced spasm or quivering of the external anal sphincter muscle, and with time and practice, the result of holding the PC contraction while the quivering is going on will be an involuntary sucking in of the massager into the rectum, not you voluntarily contracting your anus to pull it in. During this involuntary sucking in process, your rectum will involuntarily contract (you won't be pushing down voluntarily to do it) and it will feel like the massager is being clamped against your prostate and rubbing it (as with the larger massagers) or tickling it (as with the Eupho, my favorite).

When you reach this stage in the training process, orgasms occurring during sessions are not far away. Eventually (at least in my case it was this way) when you get to the stage of these involuntary sequences occurring in sessions, you should notice a warm sensation building in your pelvis kind of behind your pubic bone as the involuntary sucking in and clamping down on the massager phase of the process occurs. Don't force that feeling or take over with any voluntary contractions of your own, just tease at it gently and let it grow or fade as it will and eventually in sessions it will feel like it's able to move into the shaft of your penis and eventually to the traditional penis G-spot under the urethral opening at the end. At that stage it will often burst over into an awesome, like your ejaculating on yourself feeling that lasts much longer than traditional orgasm, and though it doesn't empty or satisfy you like a traditional orgasm (with its corresponding refractory period), it is intensely pleasureful and relaxing and leaves you wanting more.
  • OptimusOptimus
    [QUOTE=slimjm;89018]Hey Woodsman. I think you and I started about the same time 10 months ago with all this. Just last month I reached the prostate orgasm stage, well worth all these months of work, so keep at it. Getting those involuntary contractions to come is the key, and the key word here is involuntary.

But, going back to the voluntary contractions, somewhere, I don't really remember, I read that the PC contraction was the "cutting off your urine mid stream" contraction and that the anal contraction was the "tightening your anus to keep a bowel movement or flatus from coming out" contraction--this being the same contraction you can voluntarily use to pull the Aneros "in"--and a rectal contraction is the contraction we're all familiar with that pushes out a bowel movement. And, most can train themselves, as I did and it greatly helped, to voluntarily hold a light to medium PC contraction without bringing an anal contraction into the process, though of course higher levels of PC contraction will cause the anus to contract also--that's just the way we're built down there.

As an exercise, try lightly contracting the muscles you would use to cut off your urine mid stream and hold that contraction a while without contracting or tightening your anus. If you're not sure of the muscle group involved, next time you have to pee, sit rather than stand, and while peeing, stop your stream at intervals with just enough muscle contraction to stop the flow of urine, but not enough to tighten up your anus. After a while you'll get really good at separating the PC and anal contractions and almost anytime at work or around the house you can practice and get really good at it.

Hey slimjm,

It's not clear how one gets from the state where the PC and anal muscles contract together, to where they don't. Can you clarify this?

What I notice in my case is that I can pretty much independently tighten the anal muscle without affecting the PC muscle. (But if I do it really hard, then the PC muscle clamps too.) But, if I try to contract the PC muscle, even lightly, I can feel the anal muscle contracting too.

Is there any magic way of reducing crosstalk between the PC and anal contractions, other than just doing contractions of the PC muscle, over and over, day after day, until suddenly magic happens?
  • Woodsman
    Slimjm

It is great to hear you have made it to the orgasm level, it gives me confidence that I may not be far behind.
    Thanks for the encouragement and the highly detailed process description. It adds to the value of this very useful thread. You touch on several points that I am now seeing are of critical importance.
    The first is the learned ability to achieve a high level of isolation between the two muscles. Without this control, the stimulus cannot be sharply focused, and for me at least, has been insufficient to lift me to a higher level of arousal. Interestingly, I was telling my wife about this insight yesterday and she didn’t even realize the anal and PC muscles were separate. I think many of us have grown up blissfully ignorant of the fact. After all, the two muscle groups are only an inch or two apart, and we don’t think much about them as long as they do their mundane little jobs. I showed her how the PC contractions made my erect penis twitch, while anal contraction barely made it move (one good exercise is to repeatedly contract and relax the anal sphincter without causing major twitching of the erection – I’m still working on this). It helps for me to move my mental focus from anus to penis as I shift the contractions forward; focusing on the penis helps “pull” the tactile sensation away from the anus and toward the PC. It’s very similar to the kind of thinking process when learning to swing a golf club.

Another important point you touch on is the “teasing” of that magic feeling. It’s hard to overstress it’s fragility, how easily it can be smothered, like the tiniest candle flame, by excessive eagerness or impatience. Over the past few months, when that sensation appears, I have learned to just lie there and marvel at the wonder of it, that it exists at all, telling myself that it will grow when it’s ready. As it flickers, one can gently explore its boundaries with the tiniest muscle contractions.

Finally, I am very interested in your last sentence describing an awesome feeling that is not really an orgasm but carries great pleasure. This is very similar to the sensation I wrote about a year ago, even before I knew about the Aneros. I’m calling it sub-orgasmic bliss. After a few times back then it went away, leaving me disappointed, but it’s back now, I can call it up easily, usually with my wife’s help. After some specific manual stimulation I lie back and close my eyes, and I can prolong it for many minutes. It seems to float above my pelvis like a plasma, sustained by my mind, which goes into a mild trance-like state. Aside from the fact that there are no involuntary contractions, it is nearly as good as a traditional orgasm. And as you describe, it leaves me full of vitality and wanting more. I have been planning to write up a post on this phenomenon after spending some time learning more about it. It’s too bad our language lacks specific words for these sensations.
  • darwindarwin
    question for the participants of this thread: which part of the aneros would you say touches your internal g-spot? the hump in the middle or more towards the tip?

darwin
  • Darwin.

The tip I feel is the closest part of the Aneros stimulating the rectal wall up against the prostate gland. It feels that the middle hump of the Aneros stimulates the nerve receptors closer to the anal sphincter. It's the middle part of the device that seems to drive the anal orgasms while the tip perpetuates the prostate ones. I always viewed the Aneros as a more stylized finger. The tip of the Aneros is like the phalange of the finger. I try to move the device in a come hither motion using my rectal muscles. I get loosened up and relaxed when the middle part of the device rolls in a wave motion against the sphincter and rectal area. I think since the prostate gland is on the other side of the rectal wall, it takes more direct pressure from the tip of the product to press into the rectal tissue lying against the prostate gland in order to feel the necessary pressure. This is just based on my experience however.
  • slimjm
    Hey Woodsman and Optimus. I hope I can satisfactorily explain my way out of the PC vs anal contractions corner I narrated myself into. With the benefit of some on line medical information I read tonight and some reflection on personal experience, here goes.

Though a number of articles and contributors refer to Kegels and PC muscle strengthening in a general sense without distinguishing between PC and anal contractions, several point out that with practice, the PC contraction can be isolated to at least a significant extent from the general contraction that tightens both the urinary and anal sphincters that are located near each other in that area. The overall impression I get is that with practice, you can contract the PC muscle group that controls the urinary sphincters with relatively little anal contraction at least to the level of light to medium PC muscle contractions. To pull really hard contractions with the PC muscle group you will not be able to avoid a pretty strong anal contraction becoming a component of that. The medical reason is that the group of muscles involved runs from the pubic bone in front through the pelvic floor under the prostate, then around the anus as the levator ani muscle, finally connecting to the coccyx and lower sacrum in back with no separate innervation of individual parts of it, that is which would permit you to contract your urinary sphincter entirely separately from your anus or vice versa. However, the innervation does permit training (such as with "Kegels") that can allow more urinary sphincter contraction than anal sphincter contraction at lighter levels of PC contraction, hence the concept of "isolating" the PC muscle contraction from the anal contraction. As one of the articles illustrated, and I tried this, you can put your finger on your anus and try PC contractions of varying levels and see what you feel. At light to medium PC contraction levels you might feel a flicker of tightening of your anus but when you "pull in" really hard with your PC muscles, you'll feel your anus tighten strongly. In Aneros sessions, it's the use of the lighter PC contractions that involve imperceptible degrees of anal tightening to nurture that whimsical involuntary anal fluttering into a full blown involuntary rectal contraction that massages the prostate with the Aneros producing an orgasm.

Another interesting, though non-Aneros related connection between urinary and anal sphincter tone mentioned in some of the information I read is the concept of the ano-urethral reflex. Turns out they did research and verified medically what we already know from when we get up early in the morning and have to pee and take a dump really bad at the same time, that one or the other will occur first, but never both simultaneously. Turns out research showed that defecating which involves a relaxed anus tightens the tone of the urinary sphincter and conversely, urinating which requires a relaxed urinary sphincter tightens the anal sphincter tone, which maybe explains why those who relish passing flatus audibly while urinating can only do so near the end of voiding. I know of no direct applicability this concept has to Aneros usage, but these numerous relationships between the two sphincters suggest that the function of one can't be totally isolated from that of the other.

As to accomplishing the "isolation" of PC muscle from anal contractions, I know of no magic way to attain skill at that other than with practice, and using an Aneros seems to be one of the best ways to do that and I would think probably affords more success than doing Kegel exercises alone. When I started my journey last summer, I could only vaguely "pull in with everything down there" but now have a much more specific feel for that isolation.
  • Badger
    Being able to release the PC muscle has been my bane, making the epherial Super-O so elusive. I can easily stop the stream, but being able to relax and get it to start back up again has been my problem.
  • PommiePommie
    Thank you Cave for this thread. It is by far the most informative and interesting thread to hit this forum since Cockadoodle’s “Penis Not”.

For more years than I can possibly remember, I have been conscientiously doing my PC exercises, but have now learned from your post #38 to this thread that I have been all this time, doing them incorrectly!

I have been trying to identify the difference between the PC and the anal sphincter muscles. So last night, I stuck the middle finger of one hand up my bum while emptying my bladder, and used the PC muscles to arrest the flow of urine several times. I found that whenever I contracted the PC muscles, I found the sphincter closed around my inserted finger. It is apparent that my system has learned that the PC and sphincter muscles operate as one muscle system. From what you have said, I need now to separate the two so that I can operate them independently.

This led to me working out a routine by which one might make the necessary identification of the two muscle systems individually. Here it is:

Start by consuming a meal consisting of one complete 8oz (250gm) can of baked beans. Wash down this meal with at least two large glasses of beer. This will have the effect of simultaneously filling the bladder with urine and the colon with a large volume of gas.
    Resist the temptation to go to the toilet for as long as is humanly possible. When you can no longer withstand the agony of holding back both the pee and the gas, go to the toilet. Once there, carefully begin to relieve the bladder, but for no longer than one or two seconds. Stop the flow using the PC muscle. Once the flow has stopped, release a tiny little fart through the anal sphincter. Stop the gas flow and then repeat the release of a very small amount of urine from the bladder. Continue to alternate between pissing and farting until both the bladder and the colon are empty.

If you were unable to successfully carry out the above procedure, repeat daily until you have completely mastered the skill of identifying the difference between the PC muscle group and the anal sphincter muscle group.

NB: It is vitally important that at no time during this exercise do you allow yourself to piss and fart simultaneously!

HEEHAW BLAZING SADDLES!!!

Seriously though, if anyone on the forum can come up with a suggestion as to how I might be able to separate contractions of the PC muscles from contractions of the anal sphincter muscle, I would be most grateful to hear it.

PS: Having written this I have just discovered a whole heap of posts from slimjm, Woodsman et al that may go some way to answering my query. Will now go and read them!! I just felt we need to bring a little levity into all this serious stuff!

Pommie
  • Woodsman
    Slimjm:
    More good information, from which I think we can infer a couple of things. First, it is physiologically possible to achieve through practice a reasonable degree of isolation between the two muscle groups; second, it is not possible to achieve total isolation,so we shouldn't wear ourselves out trying. Fortunately, that may not be too much of a problem because the optimum range of contractions for most of us is probably below the levels at which isolation becomes impossible.
    Who knew these humble little muscles would one day become the subject of such conversations?

Darwin: I can’t say I even know what part of the aneros touches my g-spot. Something to think about next time. I’m still at the point where each time I insert it I am amazed at the delicious sensitivity compared to ten months ago, when I seriously wondered if I even had a prostate.

Pommie: I think you’re really on to something with that routine, I’m sure you will want to prepare a video for us. It could be Oscar material.
  • PommiePommie
    slimjm,

I should have read your latest offerings before pasting in my effort above. I didn't mean to be frivolous.

I really do think you have answered my serious question and I look forward to putting into practice what you have so clearly described. Will keep you informed. Very many thanks!

Pommie
  • grayfox
    I just can't help myself but this stuff works 100%. I've done the contraction exercises to be able to isolate both muscles (actually, I could do this before but wasn't aware of it) and followed Cave's instructions during my session. I've never had so much control over my feelings and pleasure and I could force orgasm after orgasm. I'm not yet at a point where those are totally mind blowing but this way I still have a goal to work on ;)

Thanks for sharing this Cave, this is really pure gold.