Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

• mgx lover
    I currently use the MGX and Helix models and wanted to try something more "fulfilling". So I bought the Progasm. I would appreciate any advice on inserting this model. I am also thinking about use Slippery Stuff gel rather than KY to make it easier to insert the Progasm.
  • CockadoodleCockadoodle
    Hey, MGX Lover, welcome to the forum. You'll fiind lots of very helpful stuff here, as well as encouraging words (and the sky is not cloudy all day, either) GRIN!

Well, insert it just like you would your Helix. It's really not THAT much larger...most of it's perception I think. So. Lube up like before, make sure you use any lube that works well for you. Slippery Stuff is very good. I prefer to pre-lube as well, and put a SMALL amount of lubricant in my rectum before any of my sessions, but YMMV.

Next be sure to apply a good coating of lube to the toy. For the first go, after prelubing, put a dab of KY (yes along with the SS) on you anal opening, even push a bit up inside. Next coat the Progasm with lube, just hold it upright and pour you lube down it, so it coats the Progasm. You should see it running down the toy.

Next, try standing rather than lying down, and start to insert the Progasm. Now, RELAX. Because it's larger than your Helix, start with gentle, yet firm inward pressure pointing the tip of the Progasm at your scrotum. Bear down (like when having a BM) as you insert. This will help open your anus and allow the Progasm to move in. The first "bump" on the Progasm may be the most difficult, but once you've got that in, the rest will follow easily. GO SLOWLY...if it takes 5 minutes to get it in, so be it. Don't rush it. Your anus will accommodate it easily and will eventually relax to allow the Progasm in. Take your time...it's not a race. If the standing method doesn't work for you, use what ever method you've used in the past with your Helix.

The Progasm, even for its size, is maybe the most mobile of all the models, so once you have inserted it, lie down, and just lie still. DON'T do anything. Just lie there quietly and allow your rectum and anus to become accustomed to the larger size of the Progasm. It will feel great! It's soooo filling and smooth. I think you'll love it as much as all of us do. I sure find it the best toy most of the time (lovin' my Eupho now).

That's it. Adequate lube, gentle pressure, relaxation and take your time. You'll "gitter done".

Cockadoodle
  • thhn
    the progasm is my favorite and I use it every session but I don't start out with it. I use a smaller model first and work up to the progasm. The few times I have gone straight to the progasm, it has caused me discomfort. I'm not a big guy but have no problem with its size.
    Llike cockadoodle said "it's really not that much larger"
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Size is relative. If the Helix or the MGX are already a stretch for you, one may indeed find the Progasm a bit more challenging on the insertion. It is larger in girth and length. Furthermore, the Progasm has larger more prominent contours, so again, it may require some additional slow going. When I originally reviewed this model (Sticky: Aneros the Next Gen. & Progasm Reviewed), I made mention of my preferred method of insertion, using a spooning or angling motion, particularly for the tip (orienting it downwards as you hold it against your anus and then slowly arcing it upwards as you push in). I preferred this method to a straight on insertion....I tried it both ways and it seemed more comfortable to me. As Cockadoodle said, prelubing is a good idea here, in addition to facilitating the insertion it will provide you with much better response from the Progasm as well.

BF Mayfield
  • The scooping motion is indeed a golden tip (thanks for that btw B). Another thing is that the second hump is also quite large and may feel strange (or that was the case for me), so take it easy there too, but once over the second hump it'll just slide in without problems. The position that works best for insertion for me is on my back, on the edge of the bed, but that's just me.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    [QUOTE=Tripjacks;87682]The scooping motion is indeed a golden tip (thanks for that btw B). Another thing is that the second hump is also quite large and may feel strange (or that was the case for me), so take it easy there too, but once over the second hump it'll just slide in without problems. The position that works best for insertion for me is on my back, on the edge of the bed, but that's just me.

This is what I was getting at when I said that the contours were more prominent. Between the tip and that "second hump" there is more that you have to get by (as compared to the other models) before you reach the tapered portion of the device....where it becomes self-inserting. For this reason I've generally recommended the Progasm to experienced Aneros users and anal vets.

BF Mayfield
  • mgx lover
    Thanks for the insightful responses and suggestions. With regard to size, I am very comfortable with the MGX and Helix. I've been using these for more than a year and thought it was time to "graduate" to a larger model. I am looking forward to trying the Progasm.
  • mgx lover
    I just received the Progasm in the mail and will give it a try tonight! Will keep you posted of my progress
  • rookrook
    I'd not had a satisfactory session with Progasm until a couple of weeks ago. Mostly due to post insertion stress and failure to really get relaxed. Here's what helped.

I have to pre-lube. B. Mayfield's "scoop" is a good starting point and I add a couple of steps. Once the tip is in, I "rock" it gently fore and aft as well as laterally, leave it in place for a few moments, then remove it. Then, re-insert and repeat the rocking followed by insertion over the mid-ridge.

This seems to help me avert stress and reach a sufficiently relaxed state that my breathing will move Progasm as it does with the smaller tools.
  • mgx lover
    Last night, I started my sesssion with the MGX, just to get me going. After 15 minutes or so, I switched to the Progasm. Even though I was already lubed, I pre-lubed again and also put a generous coating of lube on the "P". First, I tried to go straight in and it hurt a bit. Then I tried the rocking/spooning motion. It slowly went in. Once I got past the 2nd hump, it went right in with no discomfort. I was pleasantly surprised as to how comfortable it felt, and how mobile it was. I will try it again over the weekend.