Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Photos of Modifications
  • I was thinking of removing the handle and/or the P-tab from my Aneros. Does anyone have any photos they could post showing theirs without one or both of these. I would like to make sure they are not too short when I remove one or both.

Thanks...
  • Have a look at this thread for some ideas:

http://www.aneros.com/forum/how-much-handle-tail-did-you-cut-off-pics-t2812.html

I have no personal experience of doing this!
  • PommiePommie
    I am thinking of doing modifications involving reducing the handle on a Eupho, Helix and/or Maximus so that I can spend more time on my back with these models.

I recall this topic and having seen the pictures referred to in the thread by "eddie68" but the pics seem to have disappeared.

Is it possible to have them restored?
  • rumelrumel
    Pommie,
    Those pictures are still available in the user Poll "How much handle/tail did you cut off? (PICS)".
  • PommiePommie
    Hi rumel,

Thanks for the url. For some reason, Example A doesn't open properly and simply gives the number '404' in the top left corner of the screen. (Anything to do with the fact that my computer is a Mac? Shame, because that seems to be the example most responders to the poll chose!

It looks as if that one must have involved complete removal of the handle and smoothing off the end. Can you confirm?

Cheers, Pommie
  • Old WolfOld Wolf
    Hi Pommie,

No, nothing to do with the Mac. I have a Mac too but I have seen all the photos in the past including 'A'. I can't actually remember but I think you're right, that would be the logical assumption. You'll see that I have replied in that poll, 2nd post down. The advice I give there is still valid, i.e. cut off a bit at a time and see how you get on.

Have fun

Old Wolf

Edit: I've re-read all of my reply in that thread where I say:

"If you are certain that you want to cut off the handle I recommend going this route. Cut off the curly bit first, and see how you get on. Then progressively reduce the length if you are not getting the desired effect. Make sure you smooth off the stub after each successive trim. You may eventually end up with an 'A', but at least you will be reassured that that is want you want because you have tried all the intervening trims"

Ergo 'A' mist be all off and rounded which is how I've cut my Helix as I mention in the poll.

O W
  • PommiePommie
    Hi Old Wolf,

Many thanks for that. Tread warily. Sounds like good advice!

Pommie