Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Thinking of buying an Aneros toy, need help
  • Hello I am thinking about purchasing an Aneros toy and I need some help/suggestions on what is recommended for me. I have never owned any "butt toys" and have never done any type of play with my butt at all, and I'm just wondering, will I feel pain when using an aneros toy?. I am thinking of getting this one http://www.aneros.com/prostate-massagers/mgx/ since it is the cheapest one and I don't really want to spend that much since it is my first time buying one of these toys, and I'm not sure if there is a return policy in case I don't like it, but that is the one I am gonna get, I've read the testimonials and it got alot of excellent reviews and it also says it is good for beginners. And my last question is, does the purchase come with a free sample thing of lube? and what kind of lube is good to use. I currently still have my Gun Oil H2O Lube and it's water based, I bought it a few months ago when I got a fleshlight. Thanks and I look forward to hearing everyones help they have to offer.
  • Hello milktruck,

Welcome to this forum. You will not feel pain with an Aneros, I've never used any butt toys before my Aneros Helix and I never had any pain with it. The important things to remember is to be really relaxed and well lubed.

For choosing your Aneros, you can choose the mgx as it's a good start, I would recommend you the Helix which is newer, small and better shaped (I mean with more curves). The price are almost the same, you will never regret your buy, trust me.

For starting, I highly recommend you to read this forum and to go to the Wiki. You will have all the informations needed for starting correctly.

Don't forget that the Super-O path should start by a lot of relaxation and building subtle feelings that will increase to orgasms, an Aneros is not a standard sex toy, it's really magical when you discover how to use it.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello milktruck,

And welcome to the Aneros forums. :)

These are very common questions here in the forums. You can often find answers to your questions by using the "search" function of the forum. The link is at the top right hand part of the web page.

Read the post by Rumel in the following link. It should answer your which model questions.
    http://www.aneros.com/forum/first-time-buyer-progasm-or-helix-t4730.html

As far as lube goes. It is a highly personal choice as to what works for you. I recommend that you read the lubrication section of the Aneros WIKI.
    http://wiki.malegspot.com/index.php?title=Getting_Started#Lubrication

And some relevant links on different lubes that guys here use.

http://www.aneros.com/forum/we-need-a-sticky-on-lubrication-t4671.html

http://www.aneros.com/forum/best-lube-probe-thick-rich-best-price-walgreens-com-t2838.html

http://www.aneros.com/forum/unrefined-shea-butter-how-much-t3714.html

With liquid lubes you need a way to inject some of it into your rectum. This is what I've used in the past. Although I understand you can get something similar to this at your local pharmacy.
    http://www.aneros.com/detail.php?id=22

Your H2O lube may be alright assuming there is no glycerin in it. Otherwise some people have a reaction that we call the the "urge to purge". (I was one of them) A little over a year ago I switched over to 100% unrefined shea butter and have very happy with it's performance ever since. Being a solid when cooler than body temperature, you can insert some in your rectum with just your fingers. Assuming the ambient room temperature is no higher than 75F/25C. Otherwise you will need to keep it in the refrigerator.

Initial first few uses of Aneros prostate massagers can be mildly uncomfortable until you learn how to relax your anal muscles, particularly during insertion and removal. But it should not be painful. (Make sure you use plenty of lube) And the prostate massager's do not come with a free sample of lube. Good luck on your journey whichever model you happen to chose.

Love_is
  • Thank you everyone that replied to give me the help I was looking for. Love_Is I wanted to ask you a few things. When you say with liquid lubes I need a way to inject it into my rectum, do you mean like actually inside of my rectum or just around the rim of the entrance, and would it be ok to inject the liquid lube by using my fingers?. Also, I did check if my H2O Gun Oil lube had glycerin in it and it didn't, on the bottle I have it says it is glycerin-free. I will check out the links that you and frenchBoy posted to get more familiar with Aneros and I'll be looking at random threads on the forum for now, until I post another thread later on, on how my experience was with my toy, which I should be ordering really soon. Thanks again.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Your welcome milktruck. :)

Yes, I mean actually inside your rectum. As the majority of the Aneros prostate massager will be inside your rectum and needs lubrication to be inserted, move around during the session, and to be removed. Using your fingers with a liquid lube will really only lubricate your anus for the most part. Maybe you might be ok with that after lubing the Aneros, but you will likely need to re-lube after a short amount of time. For me, I tend to err on the side of too much lube rather than not enough.

Since there is no glycerin in the gunoil H2O lube you shouldn't have any urge to purge issues. It's worth giving it a try since you already own it. I think though in my own opinion, typical liquid lubes are often too thin in viscosity to work as well as thicker lubes. But you will just have to give it a try to see what works best for you. Best of luck as you start your Aneros journey. :D

Love_is
  • I am thinking of buying the Helix model, but as I am totally new to anal toys, is the Helix good for a beginner? I chose the Helix because I was reading a poll on here and it got much higher results than the MGX did.
  • milktruck said:

I am thinking of buying the Helix model, but as I am totally new to anal toys, is the Helix good for a beginner? I chose the Helix because I was reading a poll on here and it got much higher results than the MGX did.

Helix is the best beginner choice.
    Also, another lube option is "Natural Jelly". You don't have to pre-lube with it and even a small amount will last for months.

3 (400 IU) vitamin E capsules (cotents only - not the capsule casing). Vitamin E has antioxidant properties which nourish and protect your skin, and it acts as a natural preservative to prolong the shelf life of your Natural Jelly.
    1/4 tsp. shea butter (this is optional, but it adds a certain creaminess to the mixture)
    1 tsp. beeswax
    3 tblsp. almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil (your choice)

Step 1.) Place all ingredients in the top of a double boiler setup (or a glass jar in a pot of water), heat and stir until all ingredients are dissolved.
    Step 2.) Remove the mix from heat and stir the ingredients constantly as your petroleum jelly alternative cools and thickens. While still slightly warm, scoop the jelly mixture into a dark glass jar and leave unsealed to cool completely.
    Step 3.) Keep your Natural Jelly in a cool, dark place, or in your refrigerator. Use it as you would use commercial petroleum jelly.

You can adjust the viscosity of the mix by increasing/decreasing the oil proportions. The advantage of this mixture over natural oils alone is the increased viscosity due to the presence of the beeswax. The beeswax is the key to insuring good lubricity between you and your Aneros as it creates a micro thin film which holds well to the plastic. I’ve used this mix for my last couple of sessions and have found it to be a very satisfactory natural lubricant.
  • Thanks for the help The_Bishop, I was thinking of purchasing ID Glide lube along with my purchase
  • milktruck said:

Thanks for the help The_Bishop, I was thinking of purchasing ID Glide lube along with my purchase

I wasn't that impressed with ID glide when I used it. It seemed like it rubbed off the aneros quickly. And reading the ingredients made me question using it. If you would not feel safe ingesting it orally (omitting what it taste like), then I would not insert in your rectum. Probe would be a better choice than ID Glide in my opinion.
  • Hmmm..I don't know if I should rethink my purchase of the ID Glide then now..as I've never used that brand of water-based lube before, I have only used Gun Oil H2O..

If I was to buy the Probe brand lube..which kind would you recommend
  • milktruck said:

If I was to buy the Probe brand lube..which kind would you recommend

'Thick Rich' is the best.
  • Right...and you say it lasts longer then and is better than ID Glide?
  • milktruck said:

Right...and you say it lasts longer then and is better than ID Glide?

In my opinion, yes.
  • Ok thankyou, one final thing..would this be the right one to get http://www.amazon.com/Probe-Personal-Lubricant-Classic-Preservative/dp/B00070KYD6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1262019322&sr=1-1 I am looking on Amazon and see that is a good deal for a bottle that size
  • milktruck said:

Ok thankyou, one final thing..would this be the right one to get http://www.amazon.com/Probe-Personal-Lubricant-Classic-Preservative/dp/B00070KYD6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1262019322&sr=1-1 I am looking on Amazon and see that is a good deal for a bottle that size

That is it. :D
  • Ok great, and one last thing sorry!, should I buy an lubricant applicator? I know the Probe lube says it is safe to ingest like swallow, but I just don't feel comfortable about doing that, I dunno how to explain it.
  • milktruck said:

Ok great, and one last thing sorry!, should I buy an lubricant applicator? I know the Probe lube says it is safe to ingest like swallow, but I just don't feel comfortable about doing that, I dunno how to explain it.

I think this is what you want.
  • milktruck said:

Looks like it would work fine.
  • Ok thanks, I'm just placing my order now
  • Badger
    milktruck said:

That looks like an updated Lube Shooter, which I have. They are no longer made.