Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Welcome to the Forum sticky?
  • darwindarwin
    in the thread http://www.aneros.com/forum/forum-we-have-a-problem-t4938.html it is proposed that we introduce a new sticky called "Welcome to the Aneros Forum"

i think this is a great idea.

i propose that it be locked, and hopefully somebody like rumel will have time to put together a very concise pointer to the resources available (similar to his famous PMs). (i don't think i have time).

I propose further that we consider losing the Featured Poll of the Week, as i don't think it is going anywhere. thus the total number of stickies will be conserved.

darwin
  • rumelrumel
    (Note : Underlined Text is a Hyper-Link)
    darwin,

OK, 'darwin' here's a draft, combined with elements of my 'Newbies Notebook' PM, perhaps our members can input their ideas for prioritizing the information a 'newbie' would find most helpful in the use of this site.

See second posting below.

To be continued.... ?
  • (I'll risk displaying my ignorance...)

I believe a section pertaining to "What to do if the device doesn't seem to be working" would be very helpful for newbies -- similar to what Jack Johnson has on the KSMO forum. In addition to links to encourage reading and research, you could reiterate the checklist of necessary information required if they plan on soliciting input from the experts. Hopefully, this will eliminate some of the repetitive requests for help on the General Forum from those who are eagerly starting their journey.

slipperybugger
  • I'm not to sure this is such a good idea. While I myself am just burnt out just from reading all the new users repetitive questions day in and day out. I understand that they are new, and may not know how to navigate around the website. Yes, it does get frustrating sometimes having to repeat yourself over and over and what better way then to have a sticky, right? The truth is we already have quite a few stickies that I think some don't even bother to read. How can we be certain this one isn't overlooked like the others?

I honestly believe Aneros needs to step in and include something in each shipment that leads them over to here one way or another. It should be just a small introductory message that guides them to the forums and the WIKI. Perhaps that might work but who knows.

I think what needs to happen is if you're tired of seeing the same old questions over and over then just take a break from replying or posting (as I have done).

We all know the WIKI was created for new users in mind. I do agree that the WIKI has a wealth of information (perhaps too much!! - information overload) that could jump start any new user. The question is will they invest the time and patience into reading it? That's hard to say. We live in a world where we "get what we want." That means we get answers when we want them and when we don't like that answer we keep going until we get the answer we're looking for until we're satisfied. That's just the majority of human nature.

Regardless of what the decision is, just remember, there will always be someone that still posts the same repetitive question and all's we'll have to do is take few minutes to think up a thoughtful reply.

Unfortunately, I see some of us are getting burnt out from answering these questions over and over. This is when I would highly suggest to take a break and go to a spectator phase. This community is prided by each person's unique replies and thoughts towards all the questions. I enjoy reading each post and seeing how willing everyone is to help another. I wish the whole world was like that.

What I don't want to see happen is to lose the bond we have with helping so many for the sole reason of (I'm sorry to say) laziness in not wanting to take a few minutes and reply. Yes, it does get tiresome, but so does work. Replying here is not a job and once it starts becoming that way and boring for you then I seriously believe in taking a break. Finally, I don't want to see this happen as I find it kind of rude when we just put off the person's question as the "usual." Perhaps this person's question is more unique and may require another answer. It's the type of responses that we give to each question that makes this community so wonderful to be around. I don't want to see us start referring people to links when they have other questions because to me that's just (please forgive me) rude and putting that person off.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on this. Don't rip me apart please. :wink: :roll:

Is our PATIENCE wearing off? Remember, Empathetic Understanding (Imagine you are THAT person - put yourself in the other person's shoes).
  • So I got to thinking a little bit more. Instead of a sticky why not just create a Beginner's WIKI and an Advanced WIKI. The advanced WIKI could be the one we already have up. The beginner's one could have less words and perhaps formatted in a way where there are some pictures/videos and not so much words!! Not everyone likes reading a book. No offense. :oops: :shock:
  • I respectfully withdraw my suggestion.
  • While I am relatively new to posting on this forum I am not new to the aneros or the forum. I have been a user of both for about 6 years now. I agree with ArcticWolves suggestion of adding something to the shipment of an aneros product that will point a new user in the direction of the stickies and wiki. Being a user of this forum for such a long time I saw all of the original posts before they became any of the above, but even with that being said I do have a difficult time navigating the forum from time to time.

My suggestion is to make the search option for the forum a little better. For example if I search for Peridise instructions I get 767 posts that simply contain the word Peridise but do not neccesarily answer my question. If the search option on the forum was modified I think that there would be a lot fewer redundant questions.
  • If Aneros does not want to include something in the shipped product then they could include something in the registration process of the forums that has the "Welcome to the Forum" in it.
  • rookrook

So I got to thinking a little bit more. Instead of a sticky why not just create a Beginner's WIKI and an Advanced WIKI. The advanced WIKI could be the one we already have up. The beginner's one could have less words and perhaps formatted in a way where there are some pictures/videos and not so much words!! Not everyone likes reading a book. No offense. :oops: :shock:

Agree. We need a 'Getting acquainted with your new Aneros' document.

I view the current Wiki as a well referenced Body of Knowledge (BOK) built by experts but rather daunting for the uninitiated. It's well understood by our experts but suffers from a cumbersome search engine. Most (yes, most) of my attempts to revisit information I've previously read are immediately unsuccessful.

We may be making a mistake by setting the Super-O as an initial objective. How about starting out with some anal-play basics? Most martial arts disciplines employ a sequence of graduated achievements. The wiki's milestone list may be a good starting point to identify some graduated activities leading to intermediate achievements. It might also be good to employ some of the analysis offered by alv and frenchy boy.

OTOH, Hula makes a good point. A certain amount of banging one's head into the brick wall called, "forcing it" is sometimes necessary. :evil: :roll:
  • Rook, you hit the nail on the spot. I keep seeing people "trying" to get a super-O and more caught up in that than anything else? I'm not to sure if it's because they seen a video, read all the mind blowing posts, or what have you. However, I do agree since this is an anal toy/device we need to take into consideration that this is their first time. There is nothing better than a video tutorial or picture diagram to help all the new users out. Some of the users here have a hard time understanding English and a picture speaks 1,000 words. I'm all for a "Beginner's section."
  • Well, with all due respect Arctic Wolves, I will cast my vote FOR Rumel's idea.

Perhaps such a "sticky" could be tied to a newbie's initial registration? How about that rumel? Could the website respond when a new guy registers for use of the site? Seems to me that would be a good thing. I know that some don't want email from the Forum, but perhaps when a guy initially registers the site could respond with your proposed message.

Because our toys can be a bit intimidating at first, anything that can both encourage and educate a new user is a good thing.

Another thought I have had is that of an Aneros "mentor" program. I know that everyone's journey is somewhat different, there are similarities that would be of great help to newbies. I, for one, would not mind "mentoring" a newbie or two. At least some of you would probably agree, as well. Perhaps there could be a listing of those who would be willing to answer PM questions from new users that they'd be unwilling or embarrassed to ask on the Forum. Dunno...just a suggestion.

So, cast me with rumel on this one. I think guys would read it. And I think it should be the FIRST thing they read, that's why I suggest it be tied, somehow, to registration.

C
  • rookrook
    A glance at the first cut:

Flesch Reading Ease 51.8
    Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level 11.6
    Words per sentence 22.5
    Gunning Fog Index 13.35

This is an exposition of new material -- keep it simple !
  • If Aneros does not want to include something in the shipped product then they could include something in the registration process of the forums that has the "Welcome to the Forum" in it.

Perhaps such a "sticky" could be tied to a newbie's initial registration? How about that rumel? Could the website respond when a new guy registers for use of the site? Seems to me that would be a good thing. I know that some don't want email from the Forum, but perhaps when a guy initially registers the site could respond with your proposed message.

Yes, this is exactly what I was trying to say. :P Ok, I'll be honest when I register on forums and get to the general section I often do not find myself reading stickies. There you go I admitted it! Now, do you think I'm the only one that doesn't read stickies? This is the only reason I'm against stickies. They don't often work in my humble opinion.

I would hate to see us pour all our efforts and passion into writing something to help out new users only to see the answer to their question was in the sticky if they had taken the moment to read. It could possibly lead to some frustration and hostility towards that person. I wouldn't want to see that happen or put that type of responsibility on the new person.

I think if there is some way this sticky could be implemented somehow into the registration process then it would definitely not be unnoticed. However, for those that are here and already registered then I guess a sticky is in order. So maybe both? I don't know. Remember, I said I'm not to sure. That means I'm 50/50.

:lol: 8) :wink: :lol:
  • rumelrumel
    Guys,

High Island Health (HIH) has quietly been listening to all our comments and has shown considerable willingness to adapt this website to meet our desires and improve its functioning. I am grateful they are listening to us, in the long run it is a Win-Win situation for both them and us. We must remember that any changes to the website must be instituted through them.

When I first came to this Forum, a short 2½ years ago, there was no WIKI, there was no Community Polls Forum, there was no Chat Room option. Many of the features like avatars, html links, etc. were not available but we now take for granted. These were all ideas originally suggested by the membership and subsequently implemented by HIH. I also found the site difficult to navigate without a 'roadmap' about where to find information, so I began the laborious task of reading threads in the General Discussion Forum.

I soon realized there was a great deal of conflicting information and advice from a diverse group of individuals, however a consistency of logic and experience began to emerge from reading the responses of certain members, the 'Experts'. I subsequently discovered the Search function and as limited as it is, was able to isolate threads containing responses by those authors. This was the start point of gathering truly meaningful information for me. The point I am trying to make here is that had I not found the Search function, I may have given up on the whole Aneros experience before ever having achieved any success with it. This was the initial resource that led me further and sparked my curiosity to pursue the other resources.

I think it is important that new users be given this 'roadmap' to these resources as soon as possible, that is why I instituted my own private effort to send PM's to new members.

'darwin'

I consider you, along with 'B Mayfield', one of my primary mentors and concur with you that “...a very concise pointer to the resources...” be made available. That's what I'm working on as shown in my post above. I don't know if it will be made into a Sticky or not but I think it is a worthwhile idea.

'slipperybugger'

I think your idea of pointing the newbie to specific help has merit but needs to be only a pointer, not the actual resource.

'ArcticWolves'

Yes, there will always be those individuals who want immediate gratification and are not willing to do a little “due diligence” research, but there are many who would do the research if they just knew where to look and to whom they need to pay attention to. I don't think it is rude or “off putting” to refer people to information that already exists, sometimes quite succinctly, in other posts via a link, there is a difference between being lazy about post responses and being efficient about information dissemination.

I think your idea for having HIH print the web address link to the Forum on their individual product packaging is an excellent idea as is providing a “Welcome to the Forum...” email during registration, but that still won't reach the hundreds of anonymous site visitors who come here looking for information but find it difficult to extract.

'liquidflow'

I agree the Search engine utilized by this software is quite weak but I doubt HIH can do anything about that without changing to an entirely different software program for their website.

'rook'

While learning in the School of Hard Knocks has its merits, I question whether we should maintain the status quo of difficulty finding information versus providing a 'roadmap' to the information. Even with a 'roadmap' the user needs to make an effort to read it, travel to the destination, read the information, mentally process that information and then apply it in his practice. The head banging may still occur as he finds processing and applying the information are still difficult.
    (:roll: Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level 11.6 – that's Senior High School level, yep that's about right, we don't want to be accused of being pandering pedophiles, :idea: maybe the language needs to be made even more difficult to read :lol: )

'Cockadoodle'

I think there has been a 'silent' mentoring program going on for a long while. Before PM's, there were emails and I know many veteran users have made their time and knowledge freely available to those who have asked. While I am not opposed to such mentoring and respect the privacy issues involved, I do not wish to encourage it either for the simple reason that the information exchanged helps just the one individual while posting to the General Discussion Forum would make that information available to all of us.
  • artformartform
    Hi All!!! Great conversation leading to creative, constructive, collaborative ideas as it progresses!! 8) :shock: :lol:

Thanks AW for joining this conversation. You have contributed a lot of good advice here as young and growing expert. I haven't seen it mentioned, but there are other younger members who are not yet "Experts" but are nevertheless regularly offering good advice to other newbies having difficulties. So, the natural passing on from generation to generation is starting to happen here, BF Skinner be praised! :wink:

From one of our most successful (late 70s) elders, mog, or more properly the venerable and esteemed Sir Mog of MultiOrgattainia (a principality of KSMO and related realms, Aneros, TaoBums...) a couple of months ago fastened upon a rare! brief sentence of your humble servant moi, and declared it the ne plus ultra one liner summation:

mog wrote:

"Artform said:

>None of this is, in the end, a commodity that one can purchase or force into being.<

Wise words that should be framed and hung on the bedroom wall of anyone who aspires to become accomplished in the MMO skill!

Mog"

I think your best idea here AW, apart from self-monitoring against burn-out, is the idea of the Beginners' Wiki and additions to the Advanced sections of the current Wiki or... some combination that briefly give Beginners the key overview of the practice.

There is one more issue that i will raise in another existing thread here on this topic.

toward the best experience of the wonders of being ecstatically enfleshed in this universe all

artform
  • Billy11
    Just wanted to add something about the difficulty of finding certain info here on the forums.
    It took me a very long time to find the Wiki. Posters kept talking about it and on the home page of the forum I would see the 'Aneros Wiki' forum section but... I would read each post in it and not find any information. As In I don't see any link to the actual wikipedia site. It was driving me crazy that I couldn't find this 'wealth of information' posters were refering to even though I had read the whole 'Aneros Wiki' forum. I wanted to ask about it in a post but felt stupid that I couldn't find it. It wasn't till nearly a year later when I found it in a link in a post that brought me to the wikipedia site that I finally found the Wiki that actually had the information in that I had been seeking in it... of course a year too late because by then I finally had learned most of it reading posts.
    I didn't realize that the Wiki was actually on the wikipedia site. I thought that it was a Wiki here on this forum. Derrr!
    I see now that there's a link to it in the "things to expect" thread and the "pre-session stretching" thread, but I think it would be much easier to find the actual Wiki site if the link was provided in B Mayfields first post in the "This Wiki Is For You" thread. If it had been I would had found it in my first minute of searching for it instead of a year later.
  • artformartform
    Rumel, friend, we all owe you so much for your diligent thoughtful care for this site, this extraordinary exhilarating community, and the privileged relationship with HIH that makes all of this possible!!! :D :D :D

Personally, Mrs. a and I are and will be eternally grateful for the wonderful world HIH has made possible for us on many levels; health-wise, through these forum friendships and shared knowledge, in our lives and life together erotically, and energetically way way beyond.

rumel said:

Guys,

High Island Health (HIH) has quietly been listening to all our comments and has shown considerable willingness to adapt this website to meet our desires and improve its functioning. I am grateful they are listening to us, in the long run it is a Win-Win situation for both them and us. We must remember that any changes to the website must be instituted through them.

When I first came to this Forum, a short 2½ years ago, there was no WIKI, there was no Community Polls Forum, there was no Chat Room option. Many of the features like avatars, html links, etc. were not available but we now take for granted. These were all ideas originally suggested by the membership and subsequently implemented by HIH. I also found the site difficult to navigate without a 'roadmap' about where to find information, so I began the laborious task of reading threads in the General Discussion Forum.

I soon realized there was a great deal of conflicting information and advice from a diverse group of individuals, however a consistency of logic and experience began to emerge from reading the responses of certain members, the 'Experts'. I subsequently discovered the Search function and as limited as it is, was able to isolate threads containing responses by those authors. This was the start point of gathering truly meaningful information for me. The point I am trying to make here is that had I not found the Search function, I may have given up on the whole Aneros experience before ever having achieved any success with it. This was the initial resource that led me further and sparked my curiosity to pursue the other resources.

I think it is important that new users be given this 'roadmap' to these resources as soon as possible, that is why I instituted my own private effort to send PM's to new members.

Agree R! Thanks so much for this vital overview!

I still feel badly for you that more than 500 new members wouldn't bother to look at your PM that offered that introductory orienteering and support. As I have said before, you and your friendly advice in my earliest days were very important to me and my early progress with Aneros. I took you to be a site "expert" and have never been able to believe your joining date listed with each of your posts in actually more than a month later in 2007 than mine! :lol:

And along with that of Hlaser99, BF Mayfield, darwin and others, I have been able to find the way forward that suits my unique circumstances. Thanks again. I trust you deeply with holding the best interests of our community here in the relationship with HIH.

We had a similar discussion to this extended conversation about a year or so ago, in the thread about getting the word here out to far more men around the world. In that I said that I feel that HIH would be better able to get more men's attention with something that gave the clear brand message as a simple three part or three stage, tripartite brand statement: Aneros: men's health, male sexual fulfilment, and way beyond!.

So, I looked again at the Home page and WOW!!! :D

...the Aneros has established itself as the ultimate tool for male sexual fulfillment.

Since 2002, we have been creating products that give men the ability to experience mind & body expanding pleasures that truly reach the soul.

This is a great beginning/experiment in giving the full description/disclosure of the possibilities one may experience. And the beginning of more clearly identifying "the brand" fully. Part of the problem in the Forum here is dealing with "managing client expectations" of what has previously been seen as a "sex toy" competing with other dildoes. No! No! Much more than that.

all the best HIH and all here as the full potential of aneros comes to define the brand

artform
  • rumelrumel
    “Welcome to the Aneros Forum...”

Welcome to the Aneros Forum, your best source of information for learning about the multiple benefits and joys of using the Aneros prostate massagers. There is a wealth of information to be obtained on this website. Hopefully, you will be able to avail yourself of this knowledge by tapping these resources. Here's my spiel to newbie and/or first time posters, in hopes that it can 'jump start' your learning process and save you some frustration and disappointments :

A.) If you haven't already done so, I would recommend that you read The Sticky's – These are threads of ongoing relevance containing posts from many users with interesting ideas or experiences relating to Aneros use. Of particular importance to the 'newbie' user is 'B Mayfield's thread ”B's Keys to the Backdoor”, this thread contains many valuable tips, techniques and insights from an acknowledged expert on Aneros practice.

You can access the Sticky's from the upper portion of the General Discussion Forum Main Page.

Also, The Aneros WIKI – The core reference here, a wealth of knowledge and information distilled from diverse sources and extracted from the posts of veteran users and experts such as 'B Mayfied', 'darwin', 'Pan' and others. Of particular interest to new users are the "Aneros Basics", "Getting Started" & "The Super-O" sections, please take some time to familiarize yourself with these sections as they will answer many questions you have yet to formulate and save you a great deal of time and frustration during your learning process.

You can access the The Aneros WIKI from the main menu bar at the top of the page.

B.) Instructions – Basic instructions (actually introductory guidelines, definitely NOT RULES) may be found on the Aneros HOME page. You can find these under the LEARN sub-menus tab of the main menu bar on the Aneros HOME page. There is an abundance of interesting information to be gleaned from reading all of the topics provided under the LEARN tab. Please take some time to edify yourself with this information, it will enhance your appreciation and understanding of these marvelous little devices.

Additionally, under that same tab is a link to Frequently Asked Questions. Every new user is encouraged to first read the FAQ section before posting subsequent questions to the General Discussion Forum, your question may already have been answered in the FAQ section.

The instructions are just a suggested list of beginners guidelines (not rules) for starting the learning process or "rewiring" as it is frequently referred to here on the Forum. The path/journey toward the Super-O is more than the attaining of a certain state of sensual/sexual/physical arousal. This process involves your "awakening" your prostate, listening to your body, becoming more attuned to the many subtle feelings being generated and then gently nurturing those feelings into heightened physical and emotional states. Each person is unique so the steps along the pathway will differ for each one of us, there is no ONE formula for progress.

C.) The General Discussion Forum - The information from the posts of the users on this Forum will be enlightening, interesting, intimate, humorous, honest, open and occasionally irritating. This is the raw data from which most of our knowledge has evolved. Most new user's questions have been previously discussed on the Forum, taking some time to read through some of those threads will prove helpful as well as opening new avenues of thought and practice options. You are encouraged to make use of this expanding knowledge base as a resource through use of the Search function.

The Search function button is located near the top right hand side of the page between the FAQ and Register buttons.

As you progress down the path, the questions you pose on the Forum may be answered by others who have shared your experience and can offer helpful advice to advance your learning. Especially note the responses by the Forum's 'Experts' (veteran and very knowledgeable users) such as 'B Mayfield', 'darwin', 'Pan', 'Buster' & 'Artform'. You may find attending one of the occasional real time, live "Chat" sessions fun and helpful as well.

Chat Sessions – Open, live Chat sessions are usually scheduled for every other weekend as well as occasional, themed, Aneros Co. hosted Chat Events. These sessions allow new users to get real time feedback and discussion of issues surrounding their Aneros practices as well as tips for improving their own personal sessions.

You can access the The Aneros Chat Center schedule from the main menu bar at the top of the page.

D.) The time frame for this process of "re-wiring" can vary widely from individual to individual, some users have gotten to a Super-O almost immediately, others have taken more than a year or even two to reach that goal. Nearly a quarter of the men using the Aneros took longer than a year to get there (see the user Poll - ”HOW LONG BEFORE YOUR FIRST SUPER-O?”). In any case your journey is going to be unique for you, what you will be learning about yourself will be valuable and enjoyable, the process is very much worth the effort. You can find additional information about other members Aneros usage in the Community Polls Forum.

The Community Polls Forum is a collection of user generated polls covering a range of Aneros related topics. This is a good place to find out how you relate statistically to many of your fellow users in your practice. Go ahead and add your vote to a Poll and help us establish a good data base, add any comments you feel are appropriate and relevant.

The Community Polls Forum may be accessed through the Forum Home button located just below the General Discussion Forum title.

E.) You should be aware as you start upon this journey towards the Super-O, the use of the Aneros can be very addictive once the “rewiring” begins. 'Mistress Aneros' siren call can torture you with pleasure during your journey while consuming large blocks of precious time as you remain under her seductive spell. If you are interested in learning about other members' individual journeys or wish to start documenting your own journey, read the BLOGS.

The BLOGS – The Aneros Blogs are the written accounts of individuals thoughts, techniques and experiences related to their ongoing journey of learning. New users are encouraged to establish a personal Blog so you can record and chart your progress in this journey, not just for yourself but for the benefit of others to follow. Reading about the history of other users may spark ideas to help your own journey or let you know about techniques which proved helpful or counterproductive for others.

The BLOGS may be accessed from the main menu bar at the top of the page.

F.) Learn to relax both your mind and your body. The meditative practices of deep breathing, muscle relaxation and clearing/calming the mind will serve you well as you allow your subtle inner sensations to manifest themselves.

G.) The most important tip I can give is to suspend expectations of results, relax and enjoy the ride for the pleasing sensations you do receive. Be patient with yourself, open to the new feelings and nurturing in your attitude, these feelings and sensations can NOT be forced or otherwise coerced to occur. Give yourself permission to release egocentric mental control. Just " Let Go ! " to allow your body to generate this phenomena for your pleasure and enjoyment.

H.) Before asking for help on the General Discussion Forum, I suggest you check the http://wiki.malegspot.com/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions_%28FAQ%29 section of the WIKI for some typical answer help. When asking for help via a posting it will aid your responders if you could provide answers to the questions posed at the beginning of the (FAQ) section.

If providing this personal information seems too revealing, you may consider messaging privately with some of your fellow members. Private Messages – Registered users can send and receive Private Messages to each other. You have some control options about how you wish to receive notification of these messages in your User Control Panel. To send or receive messages you need to enter your Message Center. It will state either “(You Have No New Messages)” or “(You have # New Messages)

The Message Center button is located below the main menu bar, just to the right of the User Control Panel button.

Welcome to YOUR journey ! Enjoy the Ride ! :lol:

P.S. You're automatically a member now of the Super-O Societyimagefor the pursuit of earthly pleasures via the Super-O (don't worry, your name is not put on any "list" and there are no dues or any obligations whatsoever).