Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Progasm painful
  • Recon
    Hi everybody. This is my first post. I spent a few hours reading the forums and the site regarding the Aneros products so I could make an informed decision on the product to buy. I decided on the Progasm because I don't have any trouble handling something that size, and a lot of people said that it ultimately provides a stronger sensation.

Well, I went to a local store and bought a white progasm. Put it in, and didn't expect anything significant, since I've seen everybody say to not expect anything for a while.

The thing I noticed immediately is that the hard plastic "K Tab" jabs into my tailbone! It hurts to sit with it inserted. I can sit if I hunch way forward. I can walk and lay down just fine but sitting is a problem. I was hoping this could be something I could have inserted quite often, but most of my life involves sitting at least periodically. I'm tempted to clip the K Tab clean off, I think the unit would be quite comfortable then.

After some experimentation I've noticed that I can "sit back" if I manually push the K Tab forward enough to sit in front of my tailbone, but then I can't lean forward at all because then the perineum tab jams into my skin painfully hard.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this thing just not meant to be inserted for any length of time or for people sitting down? Should I have bought the Helix instead?

Thanks
  • I had the same issue with my K-tab ramming so hard into my tailbone it hurt. I cut the damn thing off, and now it's much better. I've heard you can heat it with a heat gun and bend it, so it's not "as permenant"
    Also, I've found sitting with the Progasm isn't comfortable unless on a soft surface.
  • Recon
    You're right, on a hard chair, the entire bottom "fin" part of it totally gets in the way and hurts like mad to sit on. But even on the softest chair, the K Tab jams into the tailbone.

Nice idea with the heat gun though. I might cut mine off if nobody posts a reply saying why I should keep it.
  • thhn
    I can't imagine sitting on a chair with the progasm. that is too big for me to do that. the only model that is comfortable for me to do that is the peridise.
    I would not recommend the progasm as a first model either. I don't start my sessions with the progasm but start small and work up to the progasm.
    you might consider the peridise models if you want to use it in a sitting position
  • thhn said:

I can't imagine sitting on a chair with the progasm. that is too big for me to do that. the only model that is comfortable for me to do that is the peridise.
    I would not recommend the progasm as a first model either. I don't start my sessions with the progasm but start small and work up to the progasm.
    you might consider the peridise models if you want to use it in a sitting position

Agreeing wholeheartedly with this. The Progasm requires much more space outside the anus than the other models, and the larger stem will also put more pressure on the sphincter muscles. While sitting on a Progasm is probably not immediately dangerous, I doubt it'd be pleasurable in any meaningful way.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hi Guys, :)

I don't believe the Progasm or any of the other models were ever intended to be used in a sitting position. Hence why you find it so uncomfortable. Although, myself and a lot of other guys here have removed the tail/handle on the smaller models to allow for sitting. I did this to my MGX and Helix in the hope that I could sit comfortably with them inserted. No such luck for me. Even the Peridise is not all that comfortable to sit with inserted. But that may have to do a lot with my body shape/type and what I am sitting on.

Here's a link about modding the K-tab on the Progasm:
    http://www.aneros.com/forum/progasm-k-tab-limits-movement-anyone-cut-or-modified-theirs-t4518.html

And about removing the tail/handle on the other models:
    http://www.aneros.com/forum/how-much-handle-tail-did-you-cut-off-pics-t2812.html

Love_is
  • tokertoker
    i cant sit with helix or progasm would not recomend it either as half your body weight is pushing the device right into you prostate sounds like a recipe for an embarasing trip to the doctor to me
    :wink:
  • OH!!
    Dude! Don't sit on the Progasm or any of the rest without modification. Yes they will really practically impale you in that mode and as I believe aren't designed for that use. I would expect that much pressure on the perenium would also possibly cause nerve damage with possible problems with urinary incontinence if you aren't careful. The only one I ever sit on is the Peridise. With the Peridise you can wear it anywhere doing practically anything although I've decided riding a bike probably isn't a good idea.
  • Now, just a minute here. Let's not make any hard and fast rulings, just yet.

Personally, I have removed the handle from my Helix, and the k-tab from my Progasm. Much better in many ways FOR ME.

As a result, I find that sitting with either toy, on a soft chair (my office chair is just great) works just fine. I have had many excellent moments while seated in my chair (I work from home in a private office).

So, one man's pain, another man's pleasure, I guess. I've also found that I can have a wonderful session with either toy while supine, recover from it, go sit in my chair and review email or surf the web, and wait for my second round! The chair starts some awesome sessions.

C :lol:
  • OH!!
    Yeah, but sounds like this guy was doing this without first modifying it. Serious no no IMO. Perhaps one of these days I'll try one of these mods. The other day I dropped my Progasm and a handle broke off on the hard tile floor - so sad to see and after such a great session. I've been experimenting without the k-tab and don't like it near as much, but it still is a very intense different effect.

Anybody cut all the tabs off and try it? I always worry about the Aneros getting lost inside....is this possible or not a worry? What is your experience?
  • thhn
    OH:
    I broke a tab off my original progasm so rather than tossing it I decided to modify it. I took both the tabs off and sanded those areas smooth. I now resembles the peridise models in that respect. As a safety measure, I drilled a hole in the handle part to attach a cord to for removal purposes.
    I find this lets the progasm go just a bit deeper. My experiences with this have been mixed.... sometimes I feel it goes a bit too deep and can be a little bit uncomfortable, but it does make for a slightly different model.
    Having never experienced the super O, I can't say what effect it would have at that point. I just couldn't bring myself to throwing it away, and I guess that is what brought about this modification.