Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

A Question to All Experienced Users Here
  • 8ball
    Hi gang, on another website it is suggested to order their massagers according to your height. Since I'm 5'9" they suggest I use what on this site would be the Helix. My question is: just how important is this factor in purchasing a massager? I am currently using a Progasm but will gladly switch if I could get better results with another massager. I have Prostatitis so this is extremely important to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    8ball,

The height factor comes more into play with men who are 5'6" or less. For such individuals the SGX is often recommended. The issue has to do with the proximity of the prostate from the anal opening. Apparently there is a correlation with a man's height.

The Progasm is slightly longer than the Helix, but given your height, you could use either. The real consideration here is girth. The Progasm is the largest and most aggressive model that Aneros currently sells. It's not generally regarded as a therapeutic model (it is not sold on the High Island Health site which caters to men with BPH and prostatitis). The Helix and the MGX are the models that are commonly sold for their therapeutic value. My concern is that if you are in the midst of a flare up, that the Progasm might be a bit much. My suggestion would be to use the Helix for this purpose.

BF Mayfield
  • Collin
    Is the SGX the same as the first classic model? It looks the same, but was not sure about the size.
    I am 5'6 in height. I have owned the first classic model Aneros, then the Helix, then finally the Progasm. I was fairly pleased with the classic model, not at all pleased with the Helix, and it was not until I used the Progasm that I got the results I wanted. The Progasm finally hit me in the right spots, even though I'm only 5'6. I wonder if it has to do with each body being built differently even though I'm shorter, or some other factor?

I don't have my classic model anymore unfortunately. I'd love to go back and try it again and see what kind of results I'd get.
  • 8ball
    Thanks guys for your comments, I'll probably cave in and buy the Helix in the near future as a comparison to the Progasm, which up till now has given me pretty decent results.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Collin,

The SGX is more like a smaller version of the current MGX. The Classic on the other hand has features which set it apart from any of the other models (angle of the tip, raised areas on the tip and a P-tab that contacts nearer to the scrotum).

With regard to your thoughts about the possibility of individual anatomical variations, you have this right. The guidelines about size and compatibility of these products are just that, guidelines. If you find a model that works for you...stay with it and enjoy!

BF Mayfield
  • Collin
    B, thanks so much for your reply concerning the SGX and height issue. This has got me thinking. Could it be possible that the Progasm works so much better for me simply because of its width? After all, I am only 5'6 in height. What if I've been missing my prostate directly all this time to a degree? I do often feel that I have to "work hard" once an orgasmic session gets really going in the sense that contracting enough for it to hit my spots seems like quite an exertion. As I said, the helix did practically nothing for me, so I assumed that the reason the Progasm worked so well for me was because it was longer, but could it be that its hitting my prostate more easily because of it's thickness and it's still over-shooting in its length? Maybe I should give the SGX a try and see if I feel there is more of a direct hit on my prostate with it.

Thanks again.
  • Good morning, 8Ball.

This is a good question. I'm 5'10" with a normal build. I started with an SGX as a newbie, but soon realized that I wasn't getting anywhere with it. I switched to a Helix and things got much better quicker. I can now have extended Super O sessions with my Helix, as it hits me just right. I have modified my Helix by removing the handle, as well as moving the P Tab away from the body of the unit slightly for greater mobility. I think you'd enjoy a Helix very much.

I also own a Progasm and am able to use it to Super O also. I love the full feeling it offers as well as the excellent mobility that the Progasm inherently has. Really, much better than the smaller units, as it's size and construction allow for a large amount of movement without fear of pop-outs. But you know this, as you already have one. I think it's a really great toy.

So, unless you're very slight, I see no reason why one wouldn't want to have both models, or even more of them...I'm about to order a Peridise...in their bag of tricks. Variety is the spice of life, eh?

As B F Mayfield says; "good vibes to you". Or, as we say up here in the great midwest, "Ya, you betcha."

C
  • 8ball
    Thanks Cockadoodle! You guys have convinced me to buy the Helix, which I did this morning. I'm really looking forward to receiving it. And thanks again B. Mayfield, your help was much appreciated!