Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Has anyone tried "Yes" organic lubes?
  • Collin
    I was listening to a show on Hay House Radio called "Green Made Easy". The host said he recommended a line of natural lubes called "Yes". Has anyone had any experience with these? The ingredients sound pretty safe and there is no glycerin. They make a water based one and an Oil one that seems to be mostly made from Cocoa butter and Shea butter.

http://www.yesyesyes.org/index.htm

This page has a list of their ingredients:

http://www.yesyesyes.org/ingredients.htm

Lately I have been using some Vaseline and mineral oil, but I want to get away from those immediately due to the health and safety concerns. I plan to order and try one of the YES products, but tonight I may try Canola oil.
  • If you want to go the natural lube route, Natural Jelly is your best option. It's inexpensive, stays put on the aneros and you don't have to reapply. It's the best stuff I have ever used, my search for the perfect lube is over. (BTW, you don't have to use a double-boiler. You can use a glass jar in a pot.)

Natural Jelly formula

3 (400 IU) vitamin E capsules (cotents only - not the capsule casing). Vitamin E has antioxidant properties which nourish and protect your skin, and it acts as a natural preservative to prolong the shelf life of your Natural Jelly.
    1/4 tsp. shea butter (this is optional, but it adds a certain creaminess to the mixture)
    1 tsp. beeswax
    3 tblsp. almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil (your choice)

Step 1.) Place all ingredients in the top of a double boiler setup, heat and stir until all ingredients are dissolved.
    Step 2.) Remove the mix from heat and stir the ingredients constantly as your petroleum jelly alternative cools and thickens. While still slightly warm, scoop the jelly mixture into a dark glass jar and leave unsealed to cool completely.
    Step 3.) Keep your Natural Jelly in a cool, dark place, or in your refrigerator. Use it as you would use commercial petroleum jelly.

You can adjust the viscosity of the mix by increasing/decreasing the oil proportions. The advantage of this mixture over natural oils alone is the increased viscosity due to the presence of the beeswax. The beeswax is the key to insuring good lubricity between you and your Aneros as it creates a micro thin film which holds well to the plastic. I’ve used this mix for my last couple of sessions and have found it to be a very satisfactory natural lubricant.

[/i]
  • Collin
    Thanks so much, The Bishop. I will do that. I think when I initially read about the Natural Jelly I thought it may be complicated to make, but that does look simple enough. What kind of stores would I find beeswax and shea butter in? Would something like Whole Foods carry it?

I'm excited about trying this now. Your enthusiasm has convinced me and the ingredients all sound great. This is just what I've been looking for because I think petroleum jelly works the best with the aneros, but I've heard so many negative things about it for safety. I'm glad to hear that natural jelly has such great staying power on the aneros.

Thanks again.
  • Collin
    Well, I prepared and tried the Natural Jelly tonight and I am VERY impressed. I was surprised that even after a lengthy session and I removed the aneros, the natural jelly lube was still clinging to the surface of the aneros! That has never happened before, even with Vaseline. It's so great to have a natural lube that works so well. I'm happy!!
  • DeepDeep
    I mentioned Yes in chat the other week and was asked to write a review once I'd tried it. I've only had a few sessions with the Yes lube but I'm very happy with it and find it to be exquisite. It's very slippery; once the aneros is inserted it wriggles around more than with the other lube I was using before - Sylk, which is a great lube too. Yes has some longevity and doesn't dry out though I've only had a few 1 hour sessions with it. One thing I really like about Yes is that it doubles as massage oil, I can rub some on my body and it stays there like a regular massage oil would. It looks sort of like a coconut cream, and turns clear when used. It has a pleasant sweet scent and not much of a taste.

It's a great coincidence that Yes and the Natural Jelly have the exact same ingredients. I'm too lazy to make my own lube.

I have a little of the water based version so I'll post again when I've tried it but I don't think it will be as great as the oil one.
  • Glad to help! :D

Collin said:

Well, I prepared and tried the Natural Jelly tonight and I am VERY impressed. I was surprised that even after a lengthy session and I removed the aneros, the natural jelly lube was still clinging to the surface of the aneros! That has never happened before, even with Vaseline. It's so great to have a natural lube that works so well. I'm happy!!

• Collin
    Deep, thanks for your review of "Yes"! It sounds really great. I'm sure I'll order some. I could see myself using the "Yes" oil based along with the Natural Jelly. I really like the Natural Jelly I prepared, but I do find that it remains waxy. Need to add something to it to make just bit more slippery. The Natural Jelly acts as a wonderful 'base coat' for the Aneros as it clings right to it and stays there. Now I need to add a slippery lube over that I think.
  • WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT ? I just ordered a base oil http://www.yesyesyes.org/ingredients
  • Collin said:

Deep, thanks for your review of "Yes"! It sounds really great. I'm sure I'll order some. I could see myself using the "Yes" oil based along with the Natural Jelly. I really like the Natural Jelly I prepared, but I do find that it remains waxy. Need to add something to it to make just bit more slippery. The Natural Jelly acts as a wonderful 'base coat' for the Aneros as it clings right to it and stays there. Now I need to add a slippery lube over that I think.

I am interested to see how you like YES! lube. I have used another organic lube and it was way too watery.
  • thhn
    I bought some shea butter from a local health food shop and paid a high price for it. I couldn't find it anywhere else and just figured it would be expensive where ever I got it
    I need to make a new batch and needed more shea butter. I ordered online from this place
    http://www.bestmassage.com/us/oils-lotions/carrier-massage-oils/shea-butter.html
    and got the shea butter for a fraction of the price I paid at the health food store. very quick delivery too

I bought beeswax on line as well and the two pound block I got will probably last me a lifetime. As I recall that was very inexpensive as well.

I used unprocessed coconut oil in the past but this batch I am considering using almond oil. I read someplace that coconut oil is one of the most fatty oils there is.