Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Over The Hill -- NOT!! chat Saturday or Sunday morning ??
  • rookrook
    Propose the "over 32" crowd meet in the chat room early Saturday morning. I'll be there at Oh-dark-thirty EST. No tee time this weekend but I've got Taichi at 0900 PDT so will leave for awhile.

Any ideas on better time slots for 'seniors' chat ?

All ages are, of course, welcome; however, the object is to trade thoughts around our more 'mature' topics without making "super-ego" footprints in the age 19-32 sandbox. :)
  • Well, being firmly in the middle of the "Sandbox" age group, I have learned a lot from the older dudes around here, too...but I can see where, sometimes, the comfort level might be changed with a large age gap. I think that might've happened, unintentionally, during last weekend's chat once or twice.

My personal thoughts are, we're all adults here--so why can't we act like it? But you're probably right that the super-ego of some of my fellow Sandboxers might be, well, a little delicate.
  • artformartform
    Well welcome rook and toobadsochad to the Forum and our community here! :D :D

The chats are certainly a great way to get to know one another and exchange ideas and experiences right off the bat. The idea of the seniors getting together, while inviting the young and all others interested into the their chat is great too. Thanks chad for your perspective on this. Enjoyed chatting with you in the recent Open Chats.

rook, I see you've booked in for 4:30 am EST! Yikes! How about something more like 6:00 am EST?
    Some of us, as seniors need our sleep!

communications is the energetic web of life without and within

artform
  • rookrook
    artform said:

Well welcome rook and toobadsochad to the Forum and our community here! :D :D

The chats are certainly a great way to get to know one another and exchange ideas and experiences right off the bat. The idea of the seniors getting together, while inviting the young and all others interested into the their chat is great too. Thanks chad for your perspective on this. Enjoyed chatting with you in the recent Open Chats.

rook, I see you've booked in for 4:30 am EST! Yikes! How about something more like 6:00 am EST?
    Some of us, as seniors need our sleep!

communications is the energetic web of life without and within

artform

06:30 EST works for me ... Made the change... thanks to artform for correcting my senior moment and reminding me that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west :roll: :shock: :o

for chad... Agree that a good exchange of ideas across the entire membership is the ideal.

A couple of younger guys have posted that they prefer to fence the upper end of their age group and I think we need to honor that. I'd hazard that the Buick-Lucerne / Toyota-Avalon set will have more protracted topic streams that wander off into senior specific topics. Donno whether this will bore the young guys or precipitate gross laughter. :P

Since age-discrimination is such an ugly, non-PC thing, maybe a better proposal would have used a total Testosterone of 650 as a segregation point. :twisted: :evil: 8)
  • rook said:

Since age-discrimination is such an ugly, non-PC thing, maybe a better proposal would have used a total Testosterone of 650 as a segregation point. :twisted: :evil: 8)

Not sure how non-PC it is, but it is certainly very, very ugly. I'm glad that I was raised better than to indulge in such bigotry and bad manners. :roll:
  • alvalv
    according my birth certificate I am 57
    according to the doc I saw last I am 35
    according to my mind and spirit I am 24

So with whom should I chat?
    I certainly do not want a seniors group - senior what an ugly word
  • According my birth certificate I am 84,
    according to my cardiologist I have a heart as strong as that of a 17 yr old (but with defects),
    according to my mind and spirit I am about half way through puberty - and enjoying the ride very much.

So with whom should I chat?
    I certainly do not want to be limited to associating with "seniors"

I have enjoyed quite a few chats with both guys and gals in the 18 to 30 range who, after the delightful excitement :D , were totally astonished upon learning my age!

Most every time I chat with someone I learn something, regardless of the age of my companion of the hour.

One of the beauties of this website is the anonymity, a component of which is age.

Having said that, if the younger crowd wants separation, how difficult would it be to have two chat rooms open at the same time?

Very best wishes to all

Later --
    Thanks xhepera -- I totally agree. I withdraw my question re. two chat rooms.
  • . . .Having said that, if the younger crowd wants separation, how difficult would it be to have two chat rooms open at the same time?

I'm a 56 year old who most people take to be about 16 years younger at most. I have some health issues, but my outlook on, and joy in, life are much the same as they were 20+ years ago. . .tempered by experience of course.

In my opinion having a "separate but equal" situation like that is downright creepy. There are no children here. We are adults no matter what our age. We are men of various backgrounds, professions, socioeconomic conditions, ethnicities, health conditions, sexual orientations and, yes, ages. Our common ground is our interest in and/or use of the Aneros.

This site has graciously allowed us to come together to talk about our common interest. And I'm more than good with that. That's ALL I care about. In the chats I never even think about someone's age, or race or education or what they had for freaking breakfast. I'm interested in discussing the Aneros with them, Period. No matter who they are.

What's next? Separate chats for gays? For prostatitis issues? For over 18, but not over 23? For whites? For erectile dysfunction? It can become quite ridiculous.

We are all adult men here. Bottom line. If someone can't deal with the fact and thinks they need to be treated like some special and unique snowflake because of their age, they're in for some quite rude and unpleasant awakenings in life.