Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

need some advice...
  • xo4
    Hi guys

theres a few things i wanted some advice on, ive looked around the forum and im starting to get a bit overwhelmed by all the jaargen and stuff...

first off let me just tell you a bit about my experience...

im a straight young adult. i got bored of wanking so i thought id look into if men can have an orgasm that last longer than 5 seconds. i found out about prostate massage. after a couple of attempts i found my prostate with my fingers and brought myself to a sort of dry orgasm by stroking it and my dick. it was interesting, but i didnt really feel any pleasure.

recently i bought an aneros helix. i tried it the other day and to be honest it just hurt. which leads me to my questions;

1) whats the best lube to use and how should i apply it (im using KY jelly)?
    2) how the fuck do i get it back out again without it hurting like a bitch?
    3) is it safe/wise to have a wank with it in or will that affect my 'rewiring'?
    4) i couldnt bring myself to get the helix all the way in... the ptab thing was already hurting me as well as the pain of something hard being up my arse... help?
    5) have you guys found that its made straight/vanilla sex less pleasurable?

please give me any advice if you feel you can... im just after better orgasms...

thanks
  • Sorry you're finding the forum a bit overwhelming. It's not that scary a place. Just takes some time getting used to all the new info as this is not quite the automatic process that normal masturbation offers...at least in the beginning. But, if you're patient and you can let yourself adopt a "enjoy the journey" attitude rather than a "race for the finish line" approach, it will bring you lots of intense pleasure and very prolonged orgasms...the thing you're seeking.

Answers and tips below your questions:
    1) whats the best lube to use and how should i apply it (im using KY jelly)?
    I don't know if you're in the UK (from the use of the term "wanking" I'd say so) and if so, if this product is available there but I've found a lube called Probe Thick and Rich to be the best lube for me. Everyone's body is different and you may need to experiment to find one that works best for you. You will know when you've found the right one because it won't cause the urge to purge (some glycerine-based lubes do this...KY has glycerine in it, I think) and it won't cause any itching or burning. I think most of us prefer lubes with natural ingredients since the rectum can absorb fluids. You don't want a bunch of silicone being absorbed into your body. Probe has all natural ingredients. There's others, such as coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter and there's even a recipe for a "natural jelly" on this site, if you search under that term.
    Hints:
    -Warm both the lube and the Aneros in some warm (body temp...NOT hot) water for a few minutes before inserting.
    -Make sure your rectum is clear of all fecal material. You can do this with a quick plain warm water rinse. There are rectal syringes sold at drug stores for this purpose.
    -After you've cleaned your rectum, use a medicine dropper or plastic medicine dosing syringe to insert 5 to 10mls of lube in your rectum.
    -After you insert, which you should do sloooooowwwwllllyyyyy, relax for 10-15 minutes to give your anus time to adjust to the Aneros. The anus is very stretchable and none of the Aneros models overly exert it's abilities to stretch but the muscles that make up the anal sphincter to need to be relaxed and you do need to be sexually aroused (i.e. this doesn't mean you have to have an erection...just sensual arousal) before they start to feel really pleasurable being probed.

2) how the fuck do i get it back out again without it hurting like a bitch?
    Remove it just as slowly, maybe even more slowly, than you inserted it.If you push out slightly, like you're taking a bowel movement pushing, it will help. Sometimes the lube gets absorbed so pulling out quickly means there's not a lot of lube and it causes friction between the Aneros and your anal lining.

3) is it safe/wise to have a wank with it in or will that affect my 'rewiring'?
    It safe to have a wank but it's recommended that you avoid traditional masturbation while learning this process and the unique sensations of prostate stimulation. Traditional masturbation will keep you focused on your penis and you want to learn to feel the more subtle sensations of the prostate. Once you get the hang of prostate stimulation, finish off with a traditional masturbatory, oral sex or intercourse orgasm. Once you experience prostate and anal orgasms, you'll want to enjoy many of them (and the duration over which they can occur) before blowing your wad in a traditional manner.

4) i couldnt bring myself to get the helix all the way in... the ptab thing was already hurting me as well as the pain of something hard being up my arse... help?
    The Helix does not go in all the way until you become more aroused. Once you start to enjoy the pleasurable sensations, you're body will pull it in deeper on it's own. Trust me on this. Until this occurs, the tapered bottom of the Helix will protrude slightly outside your anus. When aroused, it settles in all the way past the hilt. If the p-tab is irritating, fold a small piece of tissue paper and insert it between the p-tab and your perineum. After time, you may find what is now irritating to be very pleasurable.

5) have you guys found that its made straight/vanilla sex less pleasurable?
    Yes. It increases all your sexual senses. Nipple stimulation adds a tremendous amount to the whole process and with a partner, they can rub or suck your nipples and caress other parts of your body, bringing on intense waves of orgasm. It takes some getting used to and this can mean days, months, or longer.

The important thing is...slow down, take your time and enjoy the journey.
  • xo4
    thanks for the quick and detailed reply newguy!

i guess i need to do a couple of things like get a syringe... it was embarrassing enough buying the ky..lol..

so newguy, were you saying that you HAVE found sex physically less pleasurable or just less pleasurable in comparison to what youve now experienced... did the caressing and such give you more pleasure without any prostate massage?

unfortunately it doesnt really matter right now as i cant get a shag, but im thinking about future issues i might have with women if i always want them to do stuff to my arse... you know what i mean?
  • Badger
    ko4;

KY is not a good lube to use, because it has glycerin, which stimulates bowel movements, and it's well known here as drying out altogether too fast.

Coconut oil and shea butter are favorites among many members here, but my favorite is Slippery Lube Gel, which has documentation in medical studies to be safe for the rectum. Probe Thick Rich is also considered good, and I have found lightly coating the Aneros with petroleum jelly very helpful.
  • xo4 said:

thanks for the quick and detailed reply newguy!

i guess i need to do a couple of things like get a syringe... it was embarrassing enough buying the ky..lol..

so newguy, were you saying that you HAVE found sex physically less pleasurable or just less pleasurable in comparison to what youve now experienced... did the caressing and such give you more pleasure without any prostate massage?

unfortunately it doesnt really matter right now as i cant get a shag, but im thinking about future issues i might have with women if i always want them to do stuff to my arse... you know what i mean?

Trust me it makes sex more pleasurable even when you masturbate without using the aneros, all so you get an extra bonus it called the aftershock effect where you can still feel the pleasure glowing in your ass an in your prenium, and once you are finished th re wiring process being a guy having multiple orgasms will absolutely %100 blow your mind away and you will want more and more and more but just remember to try and be aroused and focus on the sensations in your anoose and forget about penis when trying to have a session just pretend it doesnt exist ignore it and just enjoy the journey ahead who know you might even be having MMO's in a few months from now.

So just take it easy and enjoy the journey and another thing dont try and force things to happen trust me it just doesnt work so be patient and if you wait long enough you will get your reward waiting for you at the end of the tunnel or should i say your tunnel lol.

Good luck cheers thecritta

:D :D :twisted: :twisted:
  • xo4
    shit- you guys are right ky has glycerine in it... i didnt realise til now but my arse got kind of hot when i put the lube on.. i guess im lucky i didnt have more of a problem... i'll look into getting different lube... cheers for your suggestions Badger.

glad to hear that it souldnt affect my 'normal' orgasms, cheers for your advice critta.

next time i think i'll change lube and try to impliment the stuff you guys have been talking about... I'll probably let you know how i get on...

thanks again- i dont really have anyone i feel i can talk to about this cause of the stigma that comes with shoving stuff up your arse lol.
  • Xo4...I'm saying that sex was good before and now this is just a whole different level of good. When you're able to lay back and your partner is giving you what amounts to 45 minutes or more of a heck of orgasm bliss compared to a a nice build up in the standard sex foreplay to a couple seconds of "'wow'-squirt-squirt-squirt-it's-over" this is better qualitatively and quantitatively. Don't get up tight about enjoying sticking things up your backside. The prostate feels incredible when it's being stroked. Lots of guys have figured this out on their own down through time and a lot of couples too. It's been practiced Asa for thousands of years. If you look at the women's mag "Cosmopolitan" they always have sex articles that recommend gals stick their fingers in their guys to blow his mind. My wife started doing this on her own years ago, it turns her on to turn me on. May you be so blessed to find such a woman. Aneros is just a tool to train your body...to help you get in touch with these incredible sensations and amplify them. My wife and I don't use it every time we have sex and in fact, I've had more mind-blowing constant orgasms lately with her fingering me as part of foreplay. Aneros has helped me become of aware of sensations I never was tuned into before and now that I am...wow! Lovemaking has gone to a whole new level of fun. Have a good time and enjoy yourself.
  • rumelrumel
    (Note : Underlined Text is a Hyper-Link)
    Hi xo4,

Welcome to the Forum,

The frustration you are experiencing is a very common phenomenon with new Aneros users. The learning process or 'rewiring' which one needs to go through may seem daunting but if you maintain an adventurous attitude of experimentation I believe you will eventually be successful.

'newguy8762' gave you some excellent advice in response to your questions.
    This Forum is loaded with helpful information dispersed throughout its thousands of threads which can make finding the information you want, at the time you want it, a laborious task to retrieve but there is a compact resource for much of this accumulated knowledge in the Aneros WIKI . I encourage you to read through that invaluable resource to aid your learning adventure.

In regard to the jargon which is frequently employed here, please see the WIKI Glossary for some help.

In addition to 'newguy8762' s advice I would like to add the following regarding your questions:

#1) – please see the ”Best lube...” thread and Lubrication section in the WIKI.
    #2) – please see the Insertion section in the WIKI.
    #3) – Yes, it is safe to masturbate with your Aneros in place this may lead to a Super-T, however, that may slow down your rewiring progress. I would suggest you read the ”Penis, NOT!' thread for some additional reasoning on that point.
    #4) – There is occasional confusion about the depth of insertion for the Helix. It is NOT to be inserted all the way into the narrowest part (where the tab arms attach to the base shaft) but only to the narrow waist portion of the main shaft/body, this image from the Aneros HOME page shows the correct positioning. image
    #5) – NO, conventional sex is not any less pleasurable, in fact once you have become rewired you will probably find your heightened sensual awareness an added bonus in your partnered relationships as numerous other members can attest.
  • xo4
    thanks for clarifying newguy. its good of you to help people out with their sexuality even though youve got your own a forfilling relationship.

its good to know some women might be into it even tho i dont know if im into it yet... lol

but i must say im jealous.. 45 minutes?? nice work.

edit- thanks to rumel too for the help and the illustration! i wasnt sure about how far the helix is sposed to go... :?
  • Hi, xd4

All of the previous info is good. Just to add from my experience is to not rush things and learn to relax. The Helix does like to stay in place once you get going with it, but relax and lightly push as if having a BM and it will come out easier. As far as a good lube the Probe works for me, but I also like Maximus which I think is produced in the UK. Best of a pleasant journey to you!
  • xo4
    ok... dunno whats going on but im just sitting here feeling like im going to come and i havent done anything but relax and touch my dick through my clothes

i think i could feel a pulse in my prostate...?

i guess something mustve happened- pretty awesome. might just be that im sort of letting myself enjoy small feelings and allowing it to escalate.

didnt really expect this. i was just thinking i couldnt use the helix cause ive got shit lube. was reading more stuff on the wiki and i started getting really turned on.

anyone else experienced this sort of thing?

thanks again for all the help so far everyone
  • alvalv
    xo4 said:

Hi guys

recently i bought an aneros helix. i tried it the other day and to be honest it just hurt. which leads me to my questions;

please give me any advice if you feel you can... im just after better orgasms...

thanks

Dude, to get rid of your pain in your ass I recommend to send the Helix to brummie and try the blunt end of your tootbrush :lol:

http://www.aneros.com/forum/spare-helix-t4631.html
  • xo4 said:

ok... dunno whats going on but im just sitting here feeling like im going to come and i havent done anything but relax and touch my dick through my clothes

anyone else experienced this sort of thing?

Yes. And stop touching your dick. :lol: It distracts. At the beginning try to maintain a hands-off attitude. I know it can be difficult, but once those other sensations start flowing through you in earnest, you'll see why it's important to concentrate on those and not your penis. Later, maybe. Now, no. :wink:
  • xo4
    thanks for the tip xhepera... i'll try to keep away from it... but i still find it hard to get turned on or get any good feelings without doing so...

and epic lols alv!
  • I guess that, contrary to most guys here, I start off with a little penile stimulation, and periodically "tease" it during a session. This is what usually ignites the major involuntaries for me. My sessions are way better if I've gotten going good first.
  • I guess that, contrary to most guys here, I start off with a little penile stimulation, and periodically "tease" it during a session. This is what usually ignites the major involuntaries for me. My sessions are way better if I've gotten going good first.

I suppose, as with everything, we all have individual variations on the theme. :)

For me, the hands off was mandatory at the start so that I could become better aware of ther, more subtle sensations that were awakening. Now, it's no problem, EXCEPT for the fact that if I play with it to much I want to wank it. And we all know what THAT does to a session. ;)
  • xo4
    yeah, what you guys are talking about is interesting

last night when i was... i guess 'echoing'... it was really good with just constant pressure on small areas of my dick. but i was getting so turned on i had to attend to my urges to jack off. and though i prolonged my orgasm by trying to stimulate my prostate externally, the orgasm wasnt very satisfying for some reason.

i think next time i'll wait til i'm not getting any more pleasure from other areas til i move on to wanking

also, i found Maximus lube on lovehoney (great uk site) so im thinking about going for that one since the reviews all describe it as being ridiculously slippery

so are some peolpe using petrolium jelly on the aneros plus another general lube as an alternative to syringing lube? or is that always necassary?
  • Badger
    That's what I do. A very thin coating on the Aneros of petroleum jelly, and 10-15cc of Slippery Stuff Gel up the rear. It still comes out slippery even after an overnighter. While I purge the remaining lube out of my rectum, I give the Aneros a long hot water rinse before washing it, and it's squeaky clean.
  • alvalv
    Badger said:

That's what I do. A very thin coating on the Aneros of petroleum jelly, and 10-15cc of Slippery Stuff Gel up the rear. It still comes out slippery even after an overnighter. While I purge the remaining lube out of my rectum, I give the Aneros a long hot water rinse before washing it, and it's squeaky clean.

I use 1 to 2cc virgin coconut oil and it is organic too and smells great :D like fresh coconuts
    The Aneros gets covered by organic shea butter - again natural

10 to 15cc of Slippery Stuff Gel of unknown chemical composition - :shock: I would not even apply to my external skin for what it was conceived for and then petroleum jelly :?:

Use only lubes that you would be prepared to eat as well! be forewarned.
  • xo4
    cheers badger and alv for your suggestions!

ive read a couple of people saying maximus makes them sting a bit even tho theres no gylcerol in it... i noticed some heat when i used KY, so maybe i should take a more natural route like some people have suggested.

dont really want to spend time and money on another dud lube... im going to think about this a bit more...

but what ever route i go down, ive leaned that i need a thick lube on the aneros and a thinner lube injected up my arse. i reckon doing this will make a big difference to my problem with comfort.

cheers guys :D
  • Badger

10 to 15cc of Slippery Stuff Gel of unknown chemical composition - I would not even apply to my external skin for what it was conceived for and then petroleum jelly

Slippery Stuff is FDA approved for medical and rectal use, and its ingredients are: Deionized water, Polyoxyethylene, Methylparaben, Sodium-Carbomer.

Their website is: www.wallace-ofarrell.com

They were listed as one of the most rectal-friendly lubes in the Lubrication Dangers Update Thread, and here's the Johns-Hopkins study link: http://www.aegis.com/news/catie/2007/CATE-N20070303.html

Slippery-Stuff was at the top of the list for not pulling water out of the rectum and lower intestines, in fact, it was the only one that didn't.

The man that discovered petroleum jelly (Robert Cheesebrough) claimed it was so safe, that he ate a tablespoonful every day for 60 years. He lived to the age of 96.

Sorry about not being more thorough in my previous post. I assumed that others had kept on top of the forums as well as I, and I was feeling lazy.