Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Planning to Upgrade
  • Inverse
    Hi guys, I bought a Progasm this morning. Was feeling pretty good about the whole thing and felt after my recent successes with the Helix that I should give it a try.

That said, a piece of me already feels maybe I'm a bit too hasty in my decision.

The Progasm I know is much larger, much larger, I'm 5'6" and the Helix works pretty decently, though after all the good stuff I've heard of the progasm I decided to give it a go. My concern is that the Helix sometimes when inserted immediately gives me the desire to have a BM. For the first few minutes it's extremely uncomfortable, I have this feeling that I'm full and have to evacuate as soon as possible.

I'm still at a new pace with the Helix, with only 10 sessions under my belt, but I've been wanting to use the Progasm for awhile despite the pitfalls I've had with the Helix.

Should I cancel my Progasm order until I've become more accustomed to the Helix? I've yet to use any kind of internal lubrication for fear it would complicate the issue. I use Astroglide X which uses silicone I believe. I don't know if that's the cause of the BM contractions.

Also, if the Helix seems to be contacting the prostate fine, will the Progasm be overkill? Will I end up overshooting? Due to my small height, would it be too much for me to handle?

I have about a day to cancel if needed, though I got it at a great price on Amazon. What should I do?
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Inverse,

Far be it for me to discourage anyone from trying something new, but given your description of your experiences with the Helix, the Progasm would not be my first choice as an upgrade. Frankly, with only 10 sessions under your belt, I think it's a little early to be thinking about purchasing another unit at this time. I would strongly recommend taking more time with the unit that you have. This is an absolute must before you go any farther. You've said it yourself, your body is not yet accustomed to Helix. A larger unit may not be indicated. More sessions with the Helix may suggest a need for a smaller unit like the SGX or a less aggressive one such as the MGX (which both come with a money back guarantees from the Aneros site I might add). Generally the manufacturer recommends the SGX for men of your stature.

While silicone lubes are not commonly known for producing the purgative effect, you might also want to try something else as well, like canola oil (commonly available) just for purposes of experimentation so you can eliminate reaction to the lube you've been using as a factor.

Returning to the Progasm, no doubt it is a terrific product as well, but it is not for everyone.

Cheers,

BF Mayfield
  • Inverse
    It's funny, the SGX is supposed to be for my height, but I'm kind of heavyset. Anything smaller than the Helix and I'd be kind of disappointed. Right now it's not letting me cancel my order... Amazon can be pretty shifty.

Do you think the Progasm will be something I could upgrade to down the road? Maybe I'll just let the order go through and keep it somewhere for the future. :3

Does anyone have a picture of these things to scale in comparison to each other? Like next to a Helix?
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    The chart is helpful with respect to comparing the various features of each of the Aneros models. It's hard to get a real idea of their relative sizes from it however. On the SGX the consideration has to do with it's length more than anything else. As it turns out there is a relationship between one's height and the distance of the prostate to the anal opening. So yes, it is possible to overshoot the prostate with a device that is too large. With respect to graduating to the Progasm at later time, of course that is possible. Still the issue remains as to which direction is best for you...smaller or larger. More time with the Helix would help confirm that . For instance, once you've gotten your "chops down" with the Helix you could find that Eupho might be the better way to go.

If you're after girth, no question the Progasm has that. But understand that the goal here ultimately is a unit that makes optimum contact while maintaining mobility. If the device is not mobile, then it's of no more use than a plug.

BF Mayfield
  • Inverse
    ...damnit. Doesn't seem like I can cancel the order. Should have gone with the Eupho then. Drat, oh well, maybe down the road I'll have a lil collection or something. LoL

Oh well, for all I know the Progasm will be perfect. Who knows. Alot of people swear by the Helix/Progasm combo, I can only hope it works for me.

Anyway, if it's not the silicone causing the feeling of having to purge, could it simply be I need to more preprep? Enema, more lube and stuff? I haven't gone the extra mile with any of these sessions. I don't even have a lube syringe.

Nothing is more disconcerting than finally getting into the mood, starting up and then feeling like you gotta remove it. >/ When you've got nothing in there.
  • Diesel2215
    Hi Inverse.....If I may give my 2c worth..... I have not reached the Super-O yet or even min-O's but you can not expect to get there if you do not lube internally, the device simply does not have enough lube to move freely if you only lube your Aneros. I use a normal syringe and it works fine for me.
    I think the urge to purge could be caused by your inner spinster (I think that's what its called) that triggers the urge to use the bathroom naturally. When you insert your Aneros your brain could be giving you the same message. Just relax and let the feeling pass....that's what I do.

Don't make the mistakes I made...My first unit was the MGX.. I got impatient and ordered the Progasm and the beginners Peridise set. Believe it or not, the first tangible sensations I had was with the smaller of the two Peridii. I went back to using the MGX and the Progasm is on the shelf for now. Until I can master the smaller models I won't be using the Progasm.

Peace

D
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Diesel2215 makes a good point. It is possible that insufficient lube could be a factor, although silicone lube is generally pretty slippery stuff. It is indeed true that making it by the inner sphincter can be an issue. This is one reason that I often recommend prelubrication (where a small amount of lube is introduced directly into the anal canal and rectum). To this end I would look to a glycerine-free water based product. (Remember that glycerine can create this purgative effect in some people by itself, so it should be avoided if you're already having that problem to begin with). Keep in mind that the majority of water based lubes contain glycerine, so you will have to check labels. Maximus and Sliquid are two brands that are glycerine free.

Again, see if you can resolve this "urge to purge" issue with the Helix first before proceeding to the Progasm.

BF Mayfield
  • friday77
    Inverse said:

Does anyone have a picture of these things to scale in comparison to each other? Like next to a Helix?

Take a look at this thread for a photo which shows three models on the same scale.
  • Inverse
    Looks like they canceled it after all, a piece of me kind of regrets asking them to do it. 30 bucks is pretty good for a brand new Aneros. Oh well. Here's hoping the Helix ends up being the better choice.

Also, that Progasm was black, for some reason I cannot get that through the site. Could it be a knockoff? Hrm, well, I'll be looking at the Eupho from now on, possibly the Maximus if I want something larger.
  • pif
    Hi. I got the SGX this weekend and I am on day two of using it. Lastnight (day two) I think i had the butt buzz going on with a semi hard on (felt awesome). Phase two.. I really got into it 20 mins later and had a nice wet O flacid... was a bit weird but felt awesome from inside. Been thinking about getting the Helix. BTW I am 5'6" and and 140 lbs... :)
  • Inverse
    pif said:

Hi. I got the SGX this weekend and I am on day two of using it. Lastnight (day two) I think i had the butt buzz going on with a semi hard on (felt awesome). Phase two.. I really got into it 20 mins later and had a nice wet O flacid... was a bit weird but felt awesome from inside. Been thinking about getting the Helix. BTW I am 5'6" and and 140 lbs... :)

You're implying that going smaller would work pretty good, hrm... I guess that makes sense. The Helix works pretty decent, but it does feel like it's going past the prostate.

Maybe the SGX will work best for me.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello Inverse, :)

Also, that Progasm was black, for some reason I cannot get that through the site. Could it be a knockoff?

This was something I questioned a while back. See the following link:

http://www.aneros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3428

Love_is
  • STARR831
    Hi Inverse! I had two horrible bouts with diarrhea after my initial ventures with my MGX --- to the point I almost abandoned my new Aneros journey all together. After reading many forum posts, I decided to increase the fiber content of my diet AND to start using glycerin-free lubes. I now use glycerin-free "KY Sensitive Gel" for lubing my anus and Aneros tools; and, I inject about 5 ml of glycerine-free Astroglide into my rectum before sliding my Progasm Ice into place. No more issues with diarrhea since! If you go ahead with the Progasm, I have found as others have that using a scooping motion during the insertion process really helps --- as does deep breathing and full relaxation. Here's trusting your journey will soon focus and you'll be blessed with a full-body smile! :)
  • Badger
    Quanity is nearly as important as quality. Too much lube can be pushed up the rectum when using something like a Progasm, contaminants can leak in and impede the lubricity of the anus, and, shall we say, 'gum up the works.'
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Inverse,

I'm glad that you were able to resolve the matter with your order. Whether the product that you ordered from Amazon was a knockoff or not is hard to know without seeing it. That is why I recommend that people purchase products directly from this site. In addition to assuring yourself of a genuine article, you have redress if something pops up with it. Furthermore, only this site offers a money back, satisfaction guarantee on some of their products that they sell.

Returning to one of the points that I made earlier, it is important to find a model that works fits properly. When some people order the Aneros they often think of it in terms of a dil or a plug..it is neither of those things. The Aneros is designed to produce focused prostate stimulation from ones own anal contractions. Purchasing a unit that is in line with ones anatomy is a must.

My recommendation is that you order an SGX from this site and use that as your starting point. The SGX is likely to be more proportionate to your anatomy, comes with a satisfaction guarantee (when ordered direct) and is cheaper than some of the other models. As I stated earlier, once you become accustomed to it and learn to develop your own technique of producing sensation (and hopefully orgasms)...the opportunity to explore some of the other devices will still be there.

BF Mayfield
  • pif
    OK... picked up my new Maximus... will try it later on after a week with my SGX. :)
  • Inverse
    Ok, after inserting lube prior to insertion and finding some interesting positions... I've broken through with the Helix. It's pretty impressive. I can get p-waves on demand.. I just can't seem to keep them. Still, this is an impressive development. :)

I no longer feel like the Helix doesn't fit me, though I still have problems getting the p-tab to stay in contact. For it to really be in contact with my prostate, the ptab has to almost be away from me, almost as if it is too large.

Seems like the SGX might be the right choice for me after all. :( Which is a shame, I do like how full the Helix feels, and I think the Progasm would feel pretty amazing too... but for the purposes of hands free use, seems the SGX is the proper "upgrade".
  • pif
    OK so I tried the Maximus. It lives up to it's name!!! it's pretty intense and it took me a while to get use to the size and location(s) it came into contact with. Definitely more intense in the mini p waves etc... :)
  • Inverse
    Ok, I know this post was going to page 2 and it's virtually a baby necro but I said fuckit. I bought the Progasm. In fact, I'm using it right now. In fact, let's just say I might as well be on something because I can barely do a contraction without shouting. I now know what the b-buzz is all about. My goodness...

It's pretty amazing. Though I have to admit it was difficult to insert. Very much so, you need to be kind of a masochist to enjoy it (apparently I am!) but once in it was such a relief. I think I'll wear it for a few hours, kkthxbye. :)