Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Preheating
  • friday77
    Does anyone here find it useful to preheat the aneros? For me, it seems to be even more enjoyable if I heat the device in some hot water before insertion. If the ambient temperature is about 72F and my body temperature is 98.6, then the device is about 27 degrees F colder than my body at insertion if I don't preheat it. There doesn’t seem to be too much sensitivity to cold in that part of the body, but there definitely is some. Preheating seems to immediately induce relaxation. Without preheating, the muscles seem to tighten for a while and cause some discomfort.

FYI: I’ve never had a super-O. I have occasional prostate infections, and periodic use seems to prevent them. If I’m getting a mild infection, prostate massage seems to be a wonderfully effective treatment without drugs.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello friday77, :)

Thankfully I remembered that this topic has been discussed here before. You should find some useful information in the following links.

http://www.aneros.com/forum/make-your-aneros-hot-t3427.html

http://www.aneros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2323

I've tried the Aneros in a warm coffe cup method. Unfortunately, the water I used was too hot, and my judgment of whether the Aneros temperature was ok, was faulty. Thus my Aneros was much too hot on insertion. And I burnt some skin in my anus. It was nothing serious, and it only took a few days to feel right again. But I haven't tried it since then. So be extremely careful when doing this. And err on the side of your Aneros being too cold when checking to see if it safe to insert after warming.

Love_is
  • friday77
    Thanks for the links. I had done a search, but I guess that I didn't use the correct key words. I've never come close to getting it too hot by my method. I've been soaking it in hot tap water for 5-10 minutes. I also tend to preheat the lubricant as well. I've also had success preheating water based lubricants in the microwave for a few seconds.

For me, it's more enjoyable and relaxing if it starts off closer to my body temperature.
  • GrandTiger
    I put mine in the freezer, but I live in Arizona. If I lived in Alaska I'd probably be preheating it :lol:
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello friday77, :)

Your welcome. I'm not surprised that you would not have found it. Unfortunately, the forum search engine here leaves much to be desired. It seems to output the relevant search results in order of most recent last post in the thread first in descending order. Which it really shouldn't do that. Because if the most relevant result is an old thread that has not had any recent activity, you may have to browse through pages of search results to find it.

I'm glad your technique works for you. I've found over time that I adjust and relax after insertion very quickly. And then it just takes five or ten minutes for the Aneros equalize with my body temperature. But everyone is different. :D

Love_is