Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Modifications to the Progasm
  • BusterBuster
    I am very close to taking Evil-Zombie's advice on cutting off the K-tab. Has anyone else done it? I like the idea of the Progasm being more able to move around. But as you all know, once the modification is done, good or bad, you have to live with it.

Let's hear it guys!
  • hlaser99hlaser99
    Buster said:

I am very close to taking Evil-Zombie's advice on cutting off the K-tab. Has anyone else done it? I like the idea of the Progasm being more able to move around. But as you all know, once the modification is done, good or bad, you have to live with it.

Let's hear it guys!

Hi Buster!

Hope you are well!

I "have" modded a couple of my models (Helix and MXG); but I often use the Progasm turned around
    180 degrees. So, if I cut off the K-tab, I feel it might not work as well???

I would love to hear someone else's experiences good or bad, though!

Bottom line . . . there would have to be a relatively good chance for improvement, before I would
    cut it off! (the K-tab, that is . . . LOL!)

Interesting though, the model doesn't move as well as the others for me???

Anything to add here Evil-Zombie?

Later, Hlaser99
  • rumelrumel
    Buster,

I performed a semi-permanent mod to my Progasm by using a hot air gun to heat and straighten the “K-tab”out to a straight handle. This did increase mobility slightly and I can still return it to the original shape should I so desire.
  • JIH
    I did the same thing. I straightened out the K Tab with a heat gun and it feels much better to me - but that's just me.
  • O'shea
    Wow Laser,
    I never thought of putting my Progasm in backwards. Anybody else try that? I guess if it feels good do it. I'll have to give it a try.
  • evil-zombieevil-zombie
    for me...cutting off the k-tab was the right thing...i absolutly did not like it where it was digging into my crack...and since i get more out of it as it will pivot up way more to hit your prostate much like the helix does...which i also cut the tail handle off of and enjoy it more also...with the k-tab in place it just doesn't hardly move...lil in and out but no upward tilt...
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Buster,

This is definitely one of those things that is effected by ones anatomy. Personally, I have no problem with the K-tab, but I can understand that it might not orient quite the same one way for someone else. I would concur with Rumel's solution on this.....go with a modification that gives you a fall back position if the modification proves to be unsuccessful.

My two cents!

BF Mayfield
  • hlaser99hlaser99
    Hey ALL!

I have now found that the Progasm's change in material make-up is more than just " it floats"!

I bent my K-tab back by hand with no heat at all and it "pretty much" stayed at the 180 degree position I bent
    it to! (although a few more bends back and forth and it will probably snap off???)

Works for me! A little more "cant" of the head and I can finally sit comfortably in my chair with it in!

I can always take it completely off if necessary . . .

Later, Hlaser99