Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Coconut Oil
  • OH!!
    Wanted to mention I'm trying out coconut oil - at this very moment with Peridise inside. I typically like the water based / glycerine free products but for long term use I definitely want to go safe. I don't want any funky chemicals that might cause some type of cancer or other crap. Anything you put in your anal canal gets absorbed immediately and directly without filtration by various body organs such as kidney / liver - into the blood stream. Seems coconut oil would be safe because you can eat it, but like I said normal things you eat with your mouth are normally digested through your organs so not sure what direct coconut oil will do. Coconut oil is also a saturated fat which is normally considered a 'bad' fat for heart health, but it contains no trans fats. It stays liquid at body temperature and therefore shouldn't cling to your arterial walls like a normal saturated fat. Dr Mercola on his website http://www.mercola.com/ is a big advocate of coconut oil for health. Hmmm maybe I should ask him about it's use for anal sex?

Anyway one cool thing I noticed about it is coconut oil at room temperature is very thick and paste like. This means it's easy to put on / paste on all over the aneros / peridise rather than using a runny oil. This should also mean that a syringe or two internally of this stuff may not be needed rather than just covering the device.

On my test, I covered it thoroughly and inserted it with the thick oil coated all over it. It inserted easy enough. I waited about 30 secs and tried to move it / adjust it inside me a bit. However it seemed a bit stuck. I then removed it and checked it and pretty much all of the coconut oil was gone!! It's like my body just sucked it off of it. So I quickly recoated it and reinserted it. I have it in currently and hoping it is enough lubrication. I don't want it to stick to my insides and make a sore.

Typically when I use the water based lube I can pull the device out after 30 minutes to an hour and still see a fairly thick coating of lube so I am a bit surprised at the coconut oil result. I had a similar problem with olive oil. It would absorb and no longer lubricate and that is why I don't use it.

What are the experiences / opinions of the rest of you on coconut oil. Is this worthwhile or does it just not lube enough and long enough?
  • skeeter_gskeeter_g
    Hi OH,

There is a couple of threads here on the forums about coconut oil.
    I think a lot of guys think maybe a combo's of natural items may work better than just coconut oil by it's self.

http://www.aneros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2838

:D
  • OH!!
    Yeah Skeeterg I was aware there were some threads in the past. I've even been part of them but as I recall they weren't that objective comparision wise in scope. That's why I wanted to do my own test.

I finished my test / review of coconut oil for the most part, and I must say I am disappointed. I was expected a lot better and longer lasting lubrication than from such as olive oil. I'd say it is better than that, but it does seem to quickly get absorbed into the digestive / anal tract leaving the device basically dry. Perhaps shooting a syringe or two of oil inside first will be a usuable option / solution and perhaps it will work fine. I haven't tried that approach yet. I used to use 1 or 2 syringes after douching in addition to lubing the Aneros device, but I've learned from experience that with a good thick water based gel - none of that is required. For some time now all I ever do is just lube the Aneros and that will last a long time. If it seems to need a bit more I just pull it out and add a bit - no problem. If I shoot syringes of coconut oil internally that quickly get absobed into my bloodstream I'd have to perhaps worry about the health of a lot of saturated fat being absorbed quickly. I'm not really sure what to think about that. Normally saturated fats are bad for you, but in the case of cocounut oil it may be different. The medical community seems mixed on that point.

I may do a test though with the coconut oil / syringe injection just to see if it makes a difference though. If I do, I'll pass on my results.

Hey I might mention I was down at Forbidden Fruit the other day purchasing some lube and the gal there mentioned they recommended the silicon lubes for anal sex. I'm thinking for Aneros use though it could be different because there isn't nearly as much movement / friction while using it as there would be in actual anal intercourse. Thoughts?

EDIT: Just read your link Skeeter_g and yep looks like good stuff. I may have to check out making my own lube. I have easy access to Whole Foods Market and they have everything there.

Hmmm...I wonder about how healthy Shea Butter, Beeswax, and Almond Oil is internally? Is allergic reaction a possibility with Beeswax?
  • marmot
    OH!!,

I don't think the rectum can absorb coconut oil without digesting it first, and this is only done in the small intestine. No oil is absorbed from the rectum. Incidentally, although it was once thought to be a "bad" saturated fat, it has recently been vindicated and not thought to be harmful. However this didn't happen until an entire tropical island industry was destroyed - perhaps a mean plot by the makers of trans-fat oils, which replaced Coconut oil. I suspect your Aneros gets dry because when coconut oil gets warm, it becomes a very free-flowing liquid, and probably simply flows off the Aneros and re-distributes itself throughout your rectum. Inserting an extra amount should take care of this problem. Personally, for marathon sessions, I would opt for a "natural" product such as this than a synthetic product such as a silicon-based lube.

Marmot
  • rumelrumel
    OH!!

Allergic reactions are possible with any of the lubrication products we Aneros owners utilize.

I have been using the Natural Jelly recipe now for several months with no ill effects. I no longer get the “urge to purge” that the glycerin containing products caused. I have tried the formula using both coconut oil and almond oil. I prefer the almond oil formulation for two reasons. 1.) The almond oil mixture is more consistent in viscosity at body temperature. 2.) Almond oil (@1g./tblsp.) is lower in saturated fat from coconut oil (@12g./tblsp.) and almond oil (@9g./tblsp.) is higher in monounsaturated fat from coconut oil (@1g/tblsp.).

I am now using the Natural Jelly formula exclusively for two reasons primarily. 1.) I think the beeswax is key to limiting the rectums ability to absorb constituent components from the almond oil. 2.) I can easily adjust the viscosity of the mix by very slight changes in the proportions.
    Here’s what convinced me about the beeswax. I got some comb honey from a store bought jar and chewed it like gum for several hours, after that period I took it out and examined it. It appeared to have not taken on any moisture, it had not dissolved any in my mouth there was not apparent waxy residue or feeling in my mouth. In all manner of ways it seemed completely inert to have been in my mouth for hours. This has me convinced that it will have a similar effect at the other end of the food chain. The heating and melting of the beeswax into the almond oil seems to bind the two chemically, because I have detected no separation occurring in the mix and at body temperature its lubricating abilities remain wax like because it doesn’t get thin like oil alone does.

I’ve also found that I can often dispense with pre-lubing (injecting) altogether and just push a little excess from my well lubed Aneros model into the anal canal prior to insertion.

This seems to me to be the safest and most natural lubricant you can be using. It may not have all the slickness of the various other commercial formulations but I think its simplicity far outweigh the plethora of chemicals used in those commercial lubes when you are considering the length of time these chemicals reside within our bodies.
  • pmagr
    Hey Rumel, what a great idea. What proportions are you using?

pmagr
  • rumelrumel
    pmagr,

The thread ( http://www.aneros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2838 ) cited by ‘skeeter_g’ has some further discussion on coconut oil along with this formula but here it is again for you.

Natural Jelly formula

3 (400 IU) vitamin E capsules (cotents only - not the capsule casing). Vitamin E has antioxidant properties which nourish and protect your skin, and it acts as a natural preservative to prolong the shelf life of your Natural Jelly.
    1/4 tsp. shea butter (this is optional, but it adds a certain creaminess to the mixture)
    1 tsp. beeswax (this can be adjusted to obtain the desired thickness of the mixture)
    3 tblsp. almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil (your choice)

Step 1.) Place all ingredients in the top of a double boiler setup, heat and stir until all ingredients are dissolved.
    Step 2.) Remove the mix from heat and stir the ingredients constantly as your petroleum jelly alternative cools and thickens. While still slightly warm, scoop the jelly mixture into a dark glass jar and leave unsealed to cool completely.
    Step 3.) Keep your Natural Jelly in a cool, dark place, or in your refrigerator. Use it as you would use commercial petroleum jelly.

You can adjust the viscosity of the mix by increasing/decreasing the oil/beeswax proportions. The advantage of this mixture over natural oils alone is the increased viscosity due to the presence of the beeswax. The beeswax is the key to insuring good lubricity between you and your Aneros as it creates a micro thin film which holds well to the plastic. I’ve found it to be a very satisfactory natural lubricant.
  • OH!!
    Sounds good Rumel, and others! I appreciate the feedback. I think I will mix up a batch of this natural stuff in the near future. It really sounds like a good way to go, and if it lubes well - certainly it is one of the healthiest alternatives for lubes.
  • OH!!
    Hey I was going to make the 'Natural Jelly' recipe of Rumel's and Skeeterg. I went down to Whole Foods Mkt and they had everything except bees wax. I was surprised they no longer carried it.

Does this formula require the bees wax to be any good. Who sells the stuff, and how good of a quality does it need to be?
  • rumelrumel
    OH!!,

I am happily continuing to use the ‘Natural Jelly’lube, I find it is very long lasting and I have not suffered any ill effects from its use. I think it may even be beneficial in keeping the delicate membrane tissue around the anus soft and supple (like the beeswax in lip balm does for the lips). Anyways, you can find numerous beeswax suppliers on the internet if your local natural foods store doesn’ carry it. Here’s one supplier I just pulled off the web -
    http://www.glorybeefoods.com – I have not purchased from them or any others, so I can’t vouch for them. If you do purchase from any of these suppliers, make sure the beeswax is food or cosmetics grade quality, these are sanitized and filtered to remove impurities, whereas candle or other grades can have any number of potential toxic contaminates or irritants.
    Once you’ve mixed up a small batch you’ll be better able to tell how much beeswax needs to be added or subtracted from the recipe to get just the viscosity you like. I personally like mine to have the consistency of heavy molasses at room temperature because I know that once inside the body it thins due to heat and becomes very slippery.

P.S. Here’s a product that is used on the sensitive skin of a baby – see http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=-6&catalogId=10051&storeId=10001&langId=-1 if you look at the ingredients list #1 is almond oil, also listed is tocopherol (vitamin E), two of the prime ingredients in ‘Natural Jelly’.
    If this stuff is being used around the anus and vaginas of babies, then I think it is probably pretty safe for us!
  • Hi OH...
    I must of lost track of some of these posts.

rumel has a great compelling reason to try bee's wax, but I still have some of my custom lube left, and may try bee's wax in the future.

Shea butter is also natural, and really gives the thickness I believe the lubes needs. You are correct coconut oil is actually very thin, and it needs other ingredients to give a thickener to make the lube more viable for use.

To store my mix, I have purchased some very small "Storage kitchen jars" from Cost Plus World Market. Everywhere here in the US.
    I believe it is 4oz in size and they are glass which is also better to not contaminate the lube.
    I have attached a picture of the larger size so you can see what it looks like, but I did not find a picture for the small ones on the web. I think the cost for each jar was $1.99 or $2.99.

http://www.worldmarket.com/kitchen-tabletop/Home-KeepingStorage/kitchen-storage-containers/Preserve-Jars/lev/4/productId/7393/Ne/1100001/CATEGORY_AREA0/1/sectionId/2866/N/1100177/categoryId/1100177/pCategoryId/1100176/gpCategoryId/1100132/Ns/TOP_SELLER_INDEX|1||CATEGORY_SEQ_3020|0/index.pro
  • Sorry guys,
    Adding the URL kinda messed things up on the last post, and it does not take you where you need to go to view the jars I used, but it does take you to the site.. go check out the "kitchen storage Jars".
    They are glass and have a hinged glass top, with a little handle to seal the jar. It has a little rubber
    o-ring that seals out the air for freshness.
  • OH!!
    I wonder if people allergic to bees would have an allergy to bees wax? I don't to my knowledge, but just curious. I think I have located a source locally for bees wax - Sun Harvest Farms - they have the pellets. I meant to stop by today, but completely forgot until I got home. I'm looking forward to the upcoming 'lab' work building my healthy lubricant. Actually for a few weeks my arms have been itchy, and I think it may be a reaction to the sun screen I've been using a lot lately, but it occurred to me that I could also be reacting to the lube I use while using the Aneros. I've been using 'Liquid Silk'.

I'll let everyone know when I've created my concoction and tested it. :wink:
  • rumelrumel
    OH!!,

As far as I know if you aren’t allergic to honey then the beeswax should not be a problem. If you are referring to the toxins in a bee’s sting that is a different matter, you can be allergic to a bee sting but not be allergic to honey or beeswax.
  • OH!!
    Ok Rumel, that makes sense. I'm not allergic to honey. I bought my beeswax today too, so it shouldn't be long until I brew up my concoction. :lol:
  • OH!!
    OK Rumel, et al...just mixed up the concoction.... very interesting and intruiging. I was amazed at how much it appeared like an oil when all of it was melted, but how it quickly became jelly like. That was cool to watch and kind of fun to stir and play with. :lol: I put some on my lips as a balm, and ate small amounts so I could see I would react any allergically to it. As expected I doubt I'll have any allergic reaction to the mixture.

On first thought...I'm thinking this may be a brilliant mixture for a new natural, inexpensive lip balm. At first it also looks like a lip gloss. After about 10 or 20 minutes though it seems that a lot of it has absorbed into my lips - so it may not be quite as good for that as expected. I hope that isn't representative of how it reacts and absorbs in the anal canal. That was the show stopper for me with coconut oil - that natural oils like that quickly absorb. Perhaps it is slightly different after it completely cools. Good mixture amount. I found a small NVEA cosmetic jar that was empty and your amount fit perfectly! When I was adding the ingredients it seems that shea butter may be the really amazing stuff - very slick and thick. Perhaps there should be more shea and less almond oil? Perhaps more beeswax could be interesting as well.

Anyway, I may play around some with the mixture and see if I can possibly get improvements with alteration or maybe even addition of coconut oil. After tasting I'm thinking it would benefit from addition of a cherry or vanilla extract - but wouldn't want to use anything that might irritate those sensitive areas - thoughts? That might really improve it for a lip balm though and cold, dry, winter weather for dry lip season is approaching. For that use perhaps the addition of an ingredient that would be an spf protector.

Anyway, when I get a chance I'll try it with the Aneros, etc. Judging from the effect on my lips though I'm thinking I need to do something to make it less absorbent. Regardless, this seems really cool Rumel...thanks for coming up with the idea. I think it is great! :D
  • rumelrumel
    OH!!,

While absorption is still likely to happen, I think it is much reduced due to the beeswax.
    As regards flavorings, for Aneros use I would discourage it, you don’t know if some of the chemicals in flavorings may be irritants, they’re probably fine, but I like the simplicity of the ‘Natural Jelly’ the way it is.
    I think you would need to make it much thicker to be used as a lip balm, besides “Chapstick” works great and does all that you are proposing already.
    When you get a particular mix ratio you are happy with, let me know so I can try it too!
  • OH!!
    Bravo Rumel!! I've tried the 'Natural Jelly' a few times now and I am impressed! It seems to work very well...a good lubricant which is the right consistency but also appears to be fairly long lasting as well. It even seems to help protect the Aneros from staining because of the oil base.

I recommend you create a 'Natural Jelly' thread with the recipe and it should be stickied. The topic is a good, and important one for all Aneros users. Many of the people (including myself) came here initially for health reasons. It's important to make sure in helping to treat / prevent BPH or even prostate cancer that we don't cause colon cancer because we are using some really bad ingredients in commercial lubes. Rumel's lube may be 'just the ticket'.
  • rumelrumel
    OH!!

I am glad you agree the ‘Natural Jelly’ formula produces a very satisfactory lube. One of the real beauties of this home made recipe is you can fine tune the viscosity to just the consistency you like by slight variations of the beeswax proportion. If a few more members try this mixture out and also find it worthwhile, perhaps we’ll add the recipe to the WIKI.
    Have any of you other members tried this home brew yourself? If so, please let us know your thoughts about its use. ‘Virg’, if you are out there, what do you think ?
  • OH!!
    rumel said:

OH!!

I am glad you agree the ‘Natural Jelly’ formula produces a very satisfactory lube.

Uh yeah! Did you see my thread titled 'OH!!!'? :lol: Duh! That was using your lube! Satisfactory indeed!
  • I thought that the group would be interested to know that the folks that make 'Wet' Personal Lubricants now have a 'natural' line that has no chemical ingredients. http://www.wetnaturals.com