Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Mystery Avatar
  • artformartform
    I have had a question about my current avatar.

It is a naturally egg-shaped piece of granite with an irregular red stain strip naturally occurring across the side of the rock showing. In India, in the Hindu tradition, it would be seen as a Cosmic Egg, the origin of the universe. Many other traditions share variations on this image. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_egg

I have long felt my prostate to be a cosmic egg! My third stone; just as vital as my testicles.

BTW I just yesterday enjoyed the most fabulous zero stimulation spontaneous after-effect testicular energy orgasm that spread slowly and deliciously throughout my whole body over about an hour... Ahhhhhhh.......... ...... .... .. ... . .. . and now it returns just with this writing and the MEMORY!

This is a key part of the art of living!!!

all the best to all

artform
  • Badger
    Oh. I thought it was a potato, and I couldn't figure out what the artistic significance was. Sorry. Thanks for the clarification.
  • pnomanpnoman
    I thought it was a pic of the top your head. I looks like a shaven head with a large scar running across it!
  • artformartform
    Thanks pnoman! Happy to have been able to correct that impression!!! There is still a good deal of snow (white hair!) on this mountain. Happy to pass the potato idea too Badger.

Mr. Potato Head? What if there was an adult version with a penis, two testicles and an anus with toy aneros attachments... better add two nipples and earlobes... and.... ...and he could sing "If I Only Had a Brain" from the Wizard of OZ.

Didn't Marlon Brando in character in Last Tango in Paris (at least in the European release) say "I've got a prostate the size of a potato.", as he encouraged his girl to insert her whole hand up his portal (she was finishing clipping her fingernails) for a well rounded prostate massage?... but I digress....

I'd intended to provide an explanation earlier.

What do you think of the cosmic egg idea/feeling. Any resonance with either of you and your prostate?

all the best

artform
  • BusterBuster
    Thanks for the explanation artform. I had wondered for a while but just didn't PM you. I was thinking it was nothing physical for you or mrs. artform. I figured an inatimate object but was clueless as to what it was.
  • artformartform
    Bump for BoP! Thanks for the interest. Happy to discuss...

artform
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Artform,

I've often thought that many of these avatars are like miniature Rorschach tests, where the form is so indeterminate that it leaves a lot to ones imagination. And like the Rorschach test, maybe the interpretation says something about us as well. With that in mind, I will volunteer that I've always thought that your avatar resembled someone's face covered in Plaster of Paris, much like a life mask was being made. Or perhaps someone's face emerging from underneath some material. Almost like what occurred with the sentry bubbles in the Patrick McGoohan countercultural opus the Prisoner of the sixties. While my analysis here isn't particularly psychological revealing, it occurs to me that I have succeeded in dating myself. ( I saw it in reruns..okay, lol).

Interesting explanation on the true origin...thanks for filling in the gaps.

BF Mayfield

p.s. Who is number one?
  • artformartform
    Hi BF!

Thanks for your take on the mystery avatar! I hadn't anticipated this phenomenon, but as a McLuhanite raised/educated in the 1960s, I would offer that the root cause could be the 80 pixel x 80 pixel limit on images for avatars and the greatly reduced information density that results. Rather like the earliest coarsely pixelled TVs, we could project our own pattern interpretations onto those flickering flame-like images.

Here, gathered around the aneros campfire... but I digress...

BTW, your thoughts about the nature of the "beyond Super-O travelling" phenomena discussed in the "...Lucid Dreaming" thread, the "...achieving Super-O" thread and others in this cluster would be most appreciated, if you are interested.

Maybe another answer to your ps question above?

Anyone else out there with more Rorschach responses to the mystery avatar? Step right up!

all the best BF

artform