Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

sphincter vs. pc vs. abdominal floor muscles
  • Could someone explain the different muscle groups, and explain how to control each?
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Although I've gone into this in far more detail elsewhere in the forum previously, suffice it to say that there are 3 primary types of contractions that you need to be concerned with to start.

Anal Contractions The type of contraction that closes your sphincter shut...i.e. clenching.

PC Contractions A subtler contraction, the one that is normally used to stop the flow of urine.

Rectal Contractions This a pushing out contraction, used during a bowel movement.

These contractions can be voluntary or involuntary. With respect to the PC contraction it is often confused with the anal contraction because a strong anal contraction may initiate the PC contraction as well. However, they can be executed independent of one another, and you should practice this as you explore with the Aneros. Doing so will give your sessions far greater depth. For instance, a PC contraction will generate a much more subtle movement of the Aneros. Some people find that this delivers a more refined sensation.

You should become familiar with all of these contractions, use them independently and in combination. (As anal and rectal contractions are antagonistic to one another, simultaneous contractions of this sort can generate some very interesting sensations). Play with them and enjoy!

BF Mayfield
  • I'll definately have to try the anal/rectal combo. I'm still somewhat of a noob, but I made some good discoveries.

Your natural inclination (at least mine) is to "pull" the aneros in. You get some nice sensations, but room for improvement. I try to anticipate the natural sensation to "pull" and I try to contract "downwards" towards my tailbone at the same time as I "pull". So far it's produced some very nice results.
  • Virg
    Hi stmfttr!

You have touched on probably one of the most intriguing, and challenging, components of this process. So much seems controled by the alignment of the planets than what you do individually...

I agree with the comments above but would like to add another aspect...muscle tone. I started a thread long ago - MUSCLE TONE ROCKS! - but have not added to it for quite awhile.

Now, seems like a good time... I hope you find it helpful...
  • Virg
    Stmfttr - Sorry but I just spend about 2 hours writing a detailed post just to find out the connection "timed out" - all was lost - what a waste - I will do it all again later...
  • Virg
    stmfttr - I added some thoughts - "Muscle Tone ROCKS"

Hope it halps