Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Question - trying to find sweet spot
  • dbltme
    Does the sweet spot generally feel like a depression in the perineum? I've been trying to find my sweet spot for a while, without seeming to have much luck. But a week or so ago I noticed a spot on my perineum that feels like a small depression, does that sound like I'm on the right track?
  • rumelrumel
    Hi dbltme,

I too have found that, despite my finger exploration of the perineum area, my "sweet spot" has remained in stealth mode. Fortunately, for me, most of the perineum area is equally sensitive to the pressure applied by the P-tab, so it has not hindered my ability to achieve orgasms. It just doesn't make much difference where the P-tab rests to be effective in providing the sensory feedback loop necessary to power the Aneros. From your description, I don't think the area of a depression sounds quite right.

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend that you read 'B. Mayfield's Sticky : "B's Keys to the Backdoor", contained within that thread is a discussion of and process for locating the "sweet spot".

Other users have reported definite areas of hyper sensitivity for their "sweet spot" and a corresponding heightened response phenomena when the P-tab is located there, I would surmise that there may be some slight variations in our anatomical structures regarding this pressure point.

I do hope this helps you find your "sweet spot", as the P-tab pressure point is a necessary component for optimizing the Aneros usage.

Good Vibes to You!
  • dbltme
    Hi Rumel,

Thanks for the response. I have looked at B. Mayfield's guide, and tried what it suggests several times, without any success.

Actually, about a week ago, I read on another web site about the 'depression', and sure enough, when I was looking for that, I found it. Wasn't sure if that other site was wrong, though, so I wanted to get other peoples opinions on this.

Perhaps the problem is just that I need a different model aneros. I've been using an SGX for a couple months. I've ordered an MGX and Helix, maybe one of those will work better.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    dbltme,

With respect to the elusive Sweet Spot, for some men there may indeed be a depression that ...marks the spot. It seems to me that I wrote about this a long time ago, although the name of thread escapes me now.

The rub of it is that this spot, is not consistently present at all times in all men. I've found the best success locating it myself while aroused and stimulated. The depression itself appears to be created by the layering of muscles that criss-cross the area to form the perineum.

To locate it, I generally use my fingertip and provide a gentle (almost teasing) circular motion in one spot, as if I was trying to bore a hole (not drawing a circle, but pivoting on one spot). Start about a half inch up from your anus and work from there. Oddly, it's helpful to concentrate and focus on sensations of an internal kind while doing this. Penile stimulation may not be as revealing. With respect to specific location; on the horizontal axis, it should be pretty much in the center of your perineum. Establishing the vertical coordinate is what this search is really all about.

I know that this is frustrating. That is, that you want to access the Super O... and that it requires some interaction of the P-spot (Sweet Spot) to allow this to happen. Yet, it is internal sensation that makes the P-spot most readily apparent...(kind of a chicken or the egg thing..). Nonetheless this is how it is. In some ways I'm inclined to believe that appearence of this depression may be related to the body preparing itself for the non-ejacualatory response, almost as if it were a subset of the established sexual response cycle. In the past I haven't hammered this depression concept too hard, as the anecdotal reports of other forum members seemed to indicate that this was not necessarily a universal phenomenon. The other thing that has held me back on this, is my own personal discovery of it came WELL after I had become experienced with the Super O. So from a practical standpoint, I've never been certain how significant this was for the new user.

Fact is, that it certainly can't hurt to check it out. My suggestion, is to get yourself aroused. Penile stimulation is cool to start with, but then transition to NON-PENILE means. In particular nipple stimulation, focused breathing, visualization etc. Gently apply the fingertip method that I've suggested above. While doing so mentally focus on the sensation that it produces. Focus on this spot (in your mind's eye) as window to deeper sensations inside your body. Think about a point deep in your rectum...think, about your prostate....see/FEEL your prostate swell. When properly stimulated the sensations that one feels are not of a surface or superficial type...but deeper, i.e. from the anus and prostate. It is helpful to see this as a way of generating sensation in it's own right, as opposed to just locating this spot.....try to have fun with this!

Enjoy

BF Mayfield
  • rumelrumel
    dbltme,

Thanks to 'B. Mayfield' for stepping in and adding some expanded information regarding the "sweet spot", we both learned something. I know I'll try searching some more for my stealthy little "sweet spot" using 'B'.s info. I hope It helps you as well.

Good Vibes to You!