Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

A NEW FORUM!
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Log in to the forum and what do I see? A whole new forum! A new look, lot's of cool features. Profiles, Emoticons, ability to create Polls, IM capability, not to mention the wordprocessing section here....you can underline with a.....click of a button ! All sorts of stuff.

Sweet!!

BF Mayfield
  • johntrevy
    Alot easier on my eyes i must add:)

Great job.
  • darwindarwin
    hey support, nice work!

here are some things that you probably already know about:

• * private message doesn't seem to work (i am not allowed to send one)

* forum search doesn't seem to work (i searched for words i am sure of and got no results)

* i love the feature that you can see all the posts from one person (through the link in their profile). however, that feature is kind of buried. the problem may be that the color of the links is white and therefore don't stand out. also it would be great to be able to sort it from old to new as well (to read down somebody's progress)

* i don't see how to add a comment to a blog

* i don't understand what List= is supposed to do.

* i also don't see how to create nested lists

* i think some help for the word processor would be a good thing

* it seems that i can edit a post without it getting the "edited" time stamp. i personally liked that feature as it is gives integrity to the posts. without it people can do kind of slippery things retrospectively.

• B MayfieldB Mayfield
    darwin said:

hey support, nice work!

here are some things that you probably already know about:

• * private message doesn't seem to work (i am not allowed to send one)

* forum search doesn't seem to work (i searched for words i am sure of and got no results)

* i love the feature that you can see all the posts from one person (through the link in their profile). however, that feature is kind of buried. the problem may be that the color of the links is white and therefore don't stand out. also it would be great to be able to sort it from old to new as well (to read down somebody's progress)

* i don't see how to add a comment to a blog

* i don't understand what List= is supposed to do.

* i also don't see how to create nested lists

* i think some help for the word processor would be a good thing

* it seems that i can edit a post without it getting the "edited" time stamp. i personally liked that feature as it is gives integrity to the posts. without it people can do kind of slippery things retrospectively.

Darwin,

I've been experimenting here this evening myself, and it seems that there are several features that are not fully implemented at this time. I can't PM either, I suspect that it is disabled right now. My guess is that it will take a little time before everything is up and running. But it looks very promising!

BF Mayfield
  • rumelrumel
    I think I can get used to this new :shock: format, it does seem to have some nice new :wink: features to PLAY with, and I have to concur with 'darwin' that editable access to one's own blog thread is important :!: I thought (:idea:) the idea of the blog was so one could document their own growth and experiences as a continuum :roll:, I was looking forward to just maintaining one thread in the Blogs, to which I could easily append new entries, thoughts and experiences. Now, I don't see how I can even post a blog entry!, I'll bet the web-techies can provide those functionality elements fairly readily. Overall, I think it will add some FUN and visual excitement to the **FORUM**. G :wink: :wink: D - J :wink: B :!:

UPDATE : I also have to concur with 'darwin's' comments below about font size and line spacing, although there is a drop-down box for Font size there is only one size listed "Normal", this is kind of a teaser to imply a choice when there is none :evil: ! Obviously there is some fine tuning yet to occur here, I'll look forward to it.
  • Old WolfOld Wolf
    johntrevy said:

Alot easier on my eyes i must add:)

Great job.

I'm afraid I beg to differ. I hate white-on-black websites with a passion and avoid them like the plague. I find white-on-black much harder to read.
    The aneros.co.uk site used to have an easy-on-the-eye black-on-white version that was identical in content to 'here', which is what I used. That has been taken down, sadly. I'm now re-directed to here :(

I shall continue to visit however. You can't get rid of me that easily ;-)

O W
  • darwindarwin
    OW-

i'd like to add my voice here too (perhaps we should have a poll?).

i find the new font in the posts much harder to read.

as a comparison, the Blogs use the old font.

One thing i've noticed is that the spacing between lines is much less in the new font.

I find myself not at all inclined now to read the long dense paragraphs as my can't really track where i am.

support: i strongly suggest you consider changing font.

as an example, i am now going to present the exact sentences from above, but in one paragraph, to demonstrate how hard it is to read.i'd like to add my voice here too (perhaps we should have a poll?). i find the new font in the posts much harder to read. as a comparison, the Blogs use the old font. One thing i've noticed is that the spacing between lines is much less in the new font. I find myself not at all inclined now to read the long dense paragraphs as my can't really track where i am. support: i strongly suggest you consider changing font.

darwin
  • BusterBuster
    Wow, I had LASIK eye surgery yesterday and I have logged into the site this afternoon to scope out the latest posts that I have missed. My vision still a bit blurry and I dont know what to trust and what not to. What timing to have a new site! I am sure the new format will be great. One thing I have learned is that once you get used to something a certain way, sometimes it is hard to adjust.

Great job support.

Buster
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Darwin and all,

Regarding the spacing between the lettering and words, I also agree. This is really a matter of kerning , and they should be able to adjust this. Normally this is a parameter that can be set.

BF Mayfield
  • support
    Hello Forum Members,

There are definitely some bugs we need to work out with the new forum. Please bear with us as we correct them. We hope you like what you see so far.

thanks,
    The Aneros Staff
  • hlaser99hlaser99
    Hey Guys!

I agree . . . the new additions will be a great improvement in the functionailty of the site!

I too have found some bugs, that I am sure will be worked out soon...

I am curious about the IM capability spoken of ... can't seem to locate it???

But, way to go Support! (way to listen to our suggestions!)

Later, hlaser99

P.S. The leading adjustment between lines will help readability considerably!