Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Response to Age Limit thread deleted
  • 2much
    To those who own this website:

My response to the "age limit" thread was not only deleted, but the entire thread was erased. However, all messages and postings in this thread have been recorded duly before its deletion. My response provided legal information that would benefit the users of this forum. To delete such a post informing the public of legal fact is, in actuality, aquiescence to the tone and intention of the originally posted message. To inform your public and to prevent legal action, I recommend highly that the information I posted in response to the aforementioned thread be provided on your message board. The intention of this current reply is not of a threat, but merely a hope that the owners of this website will assume the responsibility of informing their forum users about the legal implications of their publicly accessible postings. Regional and state regulations may vary, but federal law supercedes and requires that, in a public forum, its standards and regulations be upheld. It is with great sincerity that I request that forum users be proactively informed by the website owners of prosecutable information pertaining to minors.
  • support
    Dear 2much:

This forum is intended to promote the free and open exchange of ideas, and we encourage our members to continue sharing their experiences with the Aneros. That being said, we do not have the ability to verify the truth of individual postings. True or not, the “age limit” thread contained material not appropriate for our website. While we do not normally promote censorship, we reserve the right to remove comments that could be considered offensive or inflammatory to other forum participants. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us via email.

[email]support@aneros.com[/email]
  • Edit
    Dear 2much.
    Shut up and go away.
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: support
    Dear 2much:

This forum is intended to promote the free and open exchange of ideas, and we encourage our members to continue sharing their experiences with the Aneros. That being said, we do not have the ability to verify the truth of individual postings. True or not, the “age limit” thread contained material not appropriate for our website. While we do not normally promote censorship, we reserve the right to remove comments that could be considered offensive or inflammatory to other forum participants. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us via email.

[email]support@aneros.com[/email]

Dear 2Much,

To start with, I don't agree with the tone of the "STFU". Normally everyone's pretty civil in this forum. I guess I'm what you might call a "lurker" around here, I don't post a lot, but I've been looking in for years. Honestly, I think most everbody around here was really sick and tired of that thread that you dredged up. I assumed that it has been removed long ago myself.

There is one thing about it that you overlooked in your original comments. To my recollection, all but two respondents to it showed a great amount of concern about the behavior of the thread author and some were overtly hostile. The point is, that any reasonable person reading it would not draw the conclusion that this guy's conduct was being sanctioned here.

With respect to the owners of this website showing "acquiescence to the tone of the originally posted message" by deleting the thread entirely, that is quite a stretch. If anything, the only acquiescence that I could infer from this is to the will of the forum members who were pretty clealy displeased with this thread when it first appeared. I understand that this meant that your comments were also deleted, but again if you really read through the entire thread, much of what you said WAS covered at various times by different users.

One thing is clear to me, that thread didn't represent what this forum is about, so in my opinion, it's good riddance!

Mark