Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

for sex jocks: pelvexciser
  • darwindarwin
    ok sex jocks, time to get serious.

if you want a rock hard cock, long distance shooting, extra power for your aneros and overall improved sexual responsiveness, then you want to be doing kegels.

the best way to do them is with an exerciser.

enthusiast that i am, i bought the Pelvexiser M. (The 'M' is the male version).

while there are a ton of kegel exercisers for women, the pelvexiser m is the only one made for men. (the demand for women is larger as the effects of child birth commonly require pelvic floor rehab)

it rocks.

the device is an anal insert that responds to pressure (air pressure), and an air pressure sensor.

i thought i was doing my kegels correctly and that i was pretty strong.

nope.

first, the sensor was being ejected. that is anticipated by the instructions, and means i was using my abs. that was quite a surprise because i thought i wasn't, but it is more subtle than i realized. so now i am using only my PCs, and am doing my kegels correctly.

plus, despite the weeks of kegels i've been doing, i can only budge the thing 5 mm/Hg when the instructions say my goal should be 10 to 20. woah! so now i know what i'm working towards.

finally, because i am using this progressive and feedback system, i can do more focused and productive kegels in much less time.

so guys, forget the bench presses, get your floor in tone.

darwin
  • happycamper

Originally Posted By: darwin

nope.
    plus, despite the weeks of kegels i've been doing, i can only budge the thing 5 mm/Hg when the instructions say my goal should be 10 to 20. woah! so now i know what i'm working towards.
    darwin

Come on darwin, the gauge goes to 300! If you were a real man you would be able to peg that thing.

Ok, joking aside. I want to know how strong my muscles are and will get one. I think I'll order the large sensor also.
  • darwindarwin
    go for it!

to clarify, yes, the sensor does go to 300.

what you do is use the little hand pump to initialize the pressure to 100.

then you try to get to 120. all i can do is get to 105 (and i can't even hold it right there for more than a couple of seconds, while the goal is 10 seconds).

the progression is pretty much open ended as, after you can gain 20 starting on 100, you move the start point up to 110, etc. they suggest that 150 is a reasonable maxed out start point.

(how come you want the large sensor? for your wife? if for you, that might be counterproductive as you might not get the abs feedback, and it might make doing it too easy as you are stretching the sphincter.)

darwin
  • darwindarwin
    i should add that they recommend doing 30 reps held for up to 10 seconds.

they suggest stopping after that so as not to over tax the muscles.

if you rest between 5 to 10 secs between each, that means the whole thing is over in 8-10 minutes.

(don't forget to do your bearing down exercises and perhaps sometime else in the day your cremasters. these two are really powerful exercises. i am finding that if i hold a light bearing down contraction and add a light cremaster, i almost immediately go into orgasm)

darwin
  • happycamper
    (this post was edited 2007-05-04 08:09:07)

go for it!

to clarify, yes, the sensor does go to 300.

what you do is use the little hand pump to initialize the pressure to 100.

then you try to get to 120. all i can do is get to 105 (and i can't even hold it right there for more than a couple of seconds, while the goal is 10 seconds).

the progression is pretty much open ended as, after you can gain 20 starting on 100, you move the start point up to 110, etc. they suggest that 150 is a reasonable maxed out start point.

(how come you want the large sensor? for your wife? if for you, that might be counterproductive as you might not get the abs feedback, and it might make doing it too easy as you are stretching the sphincter.)

darwin

Thanks for the additional info on how its used.
    I just ordered one.

And yes the large sensor would be for the Pussy. I want to show my wife that her Death grip is more of a limp wrist hand shake.

And I can say this here because my wife doesn't read the forum. If she did I might have a death grip around my neck.
  • Edit
    Maybe this isn't the place for it, but since this entire thread is a diversion from the aneros, I'll ask something I've always been curious about.

I don't know why it seems cool to me, but I know I'm not alone since darwin mentions it here, with the "long distance shooting." What is the longest distance (be honest please) that you have "shot?" For me, I don't claim to have strong PC muscles. Maybe then I could shoot it "long distance" all the time. Usually mine shoots most forcefully when I have been away from my wife for a period of time, and we come together again. No masturbation sessions in between. Maybe it's because there's usually more volume given time to build up, I don't know.

One time I was lying on my back, and she was giving me a hand job. Maybe it had been a while, but whatever it was, I came so forcefully, that it shot over my head and splattered into the headboard of the bed behind me. That had to be close to three feet from launching point to splat point. It might have gone further if it hadn't been stopped by the headboard. Has this ever happened to anyone here?

So this is supposed to help? Develop strong PC muscles, and you can shoot farther? I suppose it would be nice to be able to do this even when the volume is low, too.
  • Edit

ok sex jocks, time to get serious.

if you want a rock hard cock, long distance shooting, extra power for your aneros and overall improved sexual responsiveness, then you want to be doing kegels.

the best way to do them is with an exerciser.

enthusiast that i am, i bought the Pelvexiser M. (The 'M' is the male version).

while there are a ton of kegel exercisers for women, the pelvexiser m is the only one made for men. (the demand for women is larger as the effects of child birth commonly require pelvic floor rehab)

it rocks.

the device is an anal insert that responds to pressure (air pressure), and an air pressure sensor.

nope.

first, the sensor was being ejected. that is anticipated by the instructions, and means i was using my abs. that was quite a surprise because i thought i wasn't, but it is more subtle than i realized. so now i am using only my PCs, and am doing my kegels correctly.

finally, because i am using this progressive and feedback system, i can do more focused and productive kegels in much less time.

so guys, forget the bench presses, get your floor in tone.

darwin

Does this come with exercise instructions or do you have another book for that?
  • darwindarwin
    aaa-

it comes w/ simple instructions.

you can find lots of instructions on the web.

you can do kegels by anal sphincter only, by concentrating on the "anterior" muscles (make your penis move) or by concentrating on the "posterior" muscles (rectal squeezes). each of these muscles have subtly different roles in aneros use (see the glossary).

couple of things:
    1. some instructions on the web suggest that you do the kegels while you are urinating. do not do that. only do it once to identify the muscles, not regularly.

2. as the pelvexiser instructions suggest, be sure your lower abs are relaxed when you do the exercises, otherwise you abs will do some of the work your PC muscles should do.

enjoy, and feel free to ask more questions.

darwin
  • Onthepath
    I got my Pelvexiser-M yesterday. It shipped the same day that I ordered it from KegelCompare.com. I also ordered the Prostate Cradle but the website mentioned that they have a 3 week backlog, so it may be a while before I get it.

To give some background on my kegel exercise experience, I’ve been doing the kegel exercises mentioned in the ESO book: contract-hold then rest, flutters, and contract-hold then push-hold. I began doing them several times a day but as I increased the reps each week it took more time to complete, so I just did them once or twice a day. I worked myself up to doing 30 of each.

When you get the exerciser you have to hook up the sensor to the pump with a long flexible tube. Attaching the tube to the sensor was easy. It went on without too much effort but was obviously snug. Putting the tube on the pump was another story since the male end is as wide as the outside diameter of the tube. I finally managed to get it on, though I kept wondering whether there was supposed to be some other attachment to make this a little easier.

I used the sample lube that came with the exerciser and lubed the sensor and my anus and inserted it. I was laying flat on my back and had my knees bent with my feet flat on the bed. As soon as I inserted it, without doing any contractions whatsoever, it gently slipped right back out. After several times of re-inserting it followed by it slipping out, I tried holding on to the sensor tab to keep it in place. That caused the gauge to vary wildly as I pushed to keep it in while my body tried to expel it. I then tried straightening out my legs which seemed to keep it in place since it was pressing against the bed. The sensor has no neck (or stem in Aneros terms) at the base to allow the anus to grip it. It is just a base with a short straight shaft that ends with a small ball shape on the end. You can see that in the pictures of it.

Later that evening I tried it a second time and thought I’d try it without lube since it is so small and short. I couldn’t get it inserted that way, so I used up the other sample of lube and had the same issues as before.

With today’s exercise, I thought I’d try using my saliva. I spread it around the sensor but did not lube my anus. That was enough lubrication to allow insertion but not so much as to allow it to be expelled. Perhaps if I had just lubed the sensor very lightly with a water based lube and not my anus, or vice-versa, it might have worked just as well as using my saliva. I’m so used to lubing both the Aneros and my anus that it’s just a habit now. I’ll need to experiment a little more.

I was able to move the gauge more than 10mm, but as soon as it shot up, it dropped back down even though I knew I was still contracting my PC muscles. I couldn’t figure out what was going on. I discovered that when I did a contraction, I was contracting both my anus and PC muscles and then my anus would relax. That caused the gauge to drop. As an experiment and out of curiosity, I used the forefinger and thumb of one hand to squeeze the middle of the sensor to simulate the PC muscle contraction and then used the other forefinger and thumb near the base to simulate the anal sphincter contraction. By holding the pressure steady in the middle and then pressing and releasing near the base I could see the gauge jumping up and down a lot. Pressing only near the middle caused it to jump by about half as much as pressing near the base.

The instructions are a little confusing in saying that you should contract your sphincter as if interrupting going to the toilet (I guess they are afraid of using the term urinating). Most other kegel guides don’t tell you to contract your sphincter even though you may be doing so involuntarily. I’m not sure if the intention is for you to contract both the anus and PC muscles together or just the PC muscles by themselves, but with the gauge you can see when you are contracting one or both of them. This allows you to isolate and exercise both sets of muscles. This is great for when using the Aneros as you can get additional stimulation by contracting and holding your PC muscles and then adding anal sphincter contractions.

I also noticed that during the session, the base level would drop and I’d have to pump it up some more. Perhaps I should have spent a few moments relaxing with it inserted before setting the base level. Doing that should allow the anus and rectum to relax before starting the exercise.

I do have one question in all of this. To clean the sensor, do you remove the transparent part or do you just wash it while it’s still attached and try to keep the water off of the rest of it? It seems that you might weaken the material if you repeatedly remove and re-attach it.

As of my first day, I wasn’t thrilled with it since it kept popping out without any contractions and I was getting readings all over the place. As of my second day, I like it a little more since I’ve gained some measure of control and insight as to what my body does when I’m contracting my PC muscles. In fact, my muscles are a little sore down there!

Onthepath
  • darwindarwin
    Hi Onthepath-

i am psyched that you got it, and look forward to hearing more of your experiences and observations.

here are a few thoughts.

first, for those who don't have the device, here is a description.

it works with air pressure. on one end is a precision pressure gauge, and a bulb you squeeze with your hand to bring the unit up to a baseline pressure. the gauge goes from 0 to 300 mm/hg. The suggested baseline for newbies is 100 mm/hg, advancing to 150 as you get stronger.

the gauge end is connected by a 2 foot tube to the sensor, a kind of mini-dildo that goes in your butt. when you squeeze internally the sensor gets squeezed a little bit, and the amount of pressure you are exerting is registered on the gauge.

i too had a little trouble getting the tube on. moistening it helps. in the end, after a few minutes of fidgeting, it went on.

for lube, i put a dab of water based lube on it, smeared it around, and that worked well.

about popping out, maybe, as you said, it was from too much lube. i found that i could keep the device in if i focused on leaving my abs out, though on occasion it would come out. i thought the feedback about the abs was a good feature of the device. i also bought mine from KegelCompare.com. It came w/ the business card of a guy who is a registered nurse, presumably to answer questions. I emailed him and he suggested lightly holding the device in w/ your fingers if necessary. but, first make sure you aren't using your abs.

I didn't have the problem of the needle moving around, probably because i wasn't exerting pressure w/ my fingers.

i too observed that the device leaks a little pressure over the course of the session so i used the hand bulb every once and a while to bring it back up to baseline. i got pretty good at that after a couple of sessions, and it didn't seem to be a problem.

about the device not staying at baseline + 10 mm/hg even though you are holding your contraction, i too had that experience. i had assumed that this was because, though it felt like i was holding a constant contraction, the muscle was actually getting fatigued.

i just did an experiment, using my hand on the sensor to go to baseline + 10. i held my hand steady and the needle stayed right there. so i conclude that the device is doing what it is supposed to, providing biofeedback about your contractions, and that the dropping needle is showing our muscle weakness.

about anus versus PC. i too was curious about that and i wrote to the nurse guy. i think the instructions mention the anal sphincter because that is what is used for bladder retraining issues for men who have incontinence problems. but, the nurse said that you can combine either PC or rectal with the anal sphincter. i think your experiment and discovery about monitoring them separately is way cool.

to answer your question about cleaning the sensor, i did not disassemble the unit, and think, as you say, that that might not be the best idea (and could presumably lead to increasing leakiness). i just put the part that was in my butt under the faucet and cleaned it with a little water and soap. since it was water based lube, it cleaned up nicely. i don't think you have to worry too much about a little water on the sensor end of the device.

keep us posted w/ progress reports....

darwin

• B MayfieldB Mayfield
    (this post was edited 2007-05-12 07:41:07)

To All,

Forgive me, as I don't wish to be a wet blanket here, but at the same time I'm a bit concerned that newer users might infer from this thread that measures (as the Pelvexciser) are strictly necessary to ones success with the Aneros. As the history of success stories in this forum will attest.....this is not the case.

Lest anybody make the mistake of thinking that this device is essential to one's journey to the Super O, one thing bears mentioning here. IT DOES NOT REQUIRE AN INORDINATELY HIGH LEVEL OF MUSCLE DEVELOPMENT TO ACCESS THE SUPER O. What it does require is responsiveness. Such responsiveness / tone can be developed by continued use of the Aneros alone or by any number of PC exercises that are already out there in the public domain. In coming months HIH themselves will introduce a whole new line of products called the Peridise (sp?) massagers which have been designed with fine tuning ones muscle tone in mind. Again, in most cases fine tuning the tone IS really what you're after. In some ways this is comparable to the age old debate about calisthenics/aerobic exercise and the use of free weights. If it were necessary to execute and hold intense contractions for long periods of time, it would be a different story. For most users however, success will come from smaller and subtler, lower intensity contractions.

Years ago there was a discussion of techniques (that I ascribed to for a period of time myself) that involved working the muscles into a state of exhaustion, thereby tripping off involuntary contractions . The concept held that these involuntaries were supposed to lead to a crescendo with the Super O as the end result. While such a phenomenon may have occurred this way for me on a handful of occasions in the past, most of the time, the process (leading up to the Super O) was far different. So much so, that in recent years, I've downplayed the role of regimented anal and PC contractions in preference of arousal generated contractions.. You see, in the end arousal is the key factor in generating and maintaining the P-waves that are the precursors of the Super O. After all, it is possible for some users (as in advanced users and practicioners of KSMO for instance) to generate P-waves without contraction, but it is not possible to do so without some level of arousal. Most commonly contractions are involved as a part of the process with the Aneros. But gentle teasing contractions and those that occur as function of arousal have far greater potential than stronger contractions that follow some arbitrary schedule. Putting it another way, generating the Super O is as much about our contractions being responsive to our arousal as it is our arousal being responsive to our contractions. This is the essence of the learning that all users must do in their path to the Super O.

Naturally, from the standpoint of the Pelvexciser as an advanced users tool, there are likely other considerations with respect to it that makes it worth looking into. With that in mind, I applaud the spririt of continuing exploration that has brought us to the discussion of this product. But I suspect that the broader application of this device may be more limited.

BF Mayfield
  • Onthepath
    Hi BF,

So… having six-pack PC muscles won’t lead to a Super O? (grin) Yes, I agree with you on the need to use gentle contractions when using the Aneros. I tried using strong contractions long ago as part of my learning and experimentation process and quickly found that all that did for me was to make me sore. After using the Aneros for several months, I started gaining more and more control and awareness of the different muscles and contractions that can be used. I only started doing Kegels recently after reading the ESO book, with the goal of improving my overall sexual health. However, that has not carried over into me using stronger contractions when using the Aneros. I still use gentle ones. I would say though that if you are using the Aneros during intercourse or as part of a masturbation session, using stronger contractions can certainly help there.

Using your great analogy of calisthenics vs. free weights, I use weight machines at the gym, so for me, the Pelvexiser is another exercise machine. I also like the instant feedback that I get with the gauge.

Is it required? Absolutely not.

Of course I’m very interested in what HIH comes up with in this new product line that you mentioned.

Thanks for the clarification,

Onthepath