Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

A question from a woman
  • Okay, I know this is really weird, but I am a woman who has been surfing the net this weekend while my husband is out of town. Don't ask me how, but I somehow stumbled onto a discussion about prostate massage and someone mentioned the arenos. I had never heard of it and I know for a fact that my husband definitely hasn't. His 27th birthday is coming up and I thought I might buy him one for a gift. Is this something only certain men would enjoy? Also, I just noticed that there are different styles, should I let him pick one himself or just go with it? If I did it on my own, what should I buy for him?

(I should note that he would be a beginner in anal experience. He's done plenty on me, but not the other way around. I think he would really enjoy it though.)
  • BusterBuster
    Hi Mikesgirl,

What a great birthday present! Not knowing Mike, nobody can tell if he might have any hang-ups about anything anal. He might. I would think that an MGX or Helix would work great for him. Maybe one of the special packs would be great.

What you should do is buy it for him and if he hesitates at all, bring him to this forum. There is plenty for him to read about it and the members here are great, so if he has questions, it can be taken care of. In my opinion, what man would not want to experience this?

Good luck,

Buster
  • Thanks Buster! I don't think he'll have any hang ups since I suggested that I start reciprocating some of the anal play and he was fine with it. We just haven't gotten there yet. Regardless, I think I'd have to direct him here anyway because he's got to learn how to use it. If I just handed it to him in a box he'd probably think I'd just given him some sort of alien probe! LOL

Is there a major difference between the two models? He's 6'4" and slim. I saw on the list that some model was for shorter men.
  • BusterBuster
    Hi Mikesgirl,

No hangups, great! Now the model. Based on his size, he could go with anything other than the SGX which is more tailored to shorter guys. As far as the other models go, everybody has their own opinion on which one is best. My personal favorite is the MGX but there are many others who would think that the Helix would be the best choice for first model. You could alway buy the "Helix Holiday set" and you would get both.

I wish you luck because this is going to be a great thing for you as well.

Buster
  • Pan
    (this post was edited 2007-04-15 18:18:22)

Hi Mikesgirl,

Wow, your husband is a very lucky man!

I think it's wonderful that you're so enthusiastic about bringing him new pleasures! On behalf of husbands everywhere, I just want to say "thank you!"

;-)

Also, on behalf of men who tend to feel that "less is more" when it comes to first time experiences with anal insertion, I recommend the Eupho model as being the least "invasive," feeling. It's the thinnest of all the Aneros designs, but also one of the longest, so it should match your husband's frame quite well.

I have been using the Aneros since 2000, and have the MGX, Helix, Progasm, and Eupho. The Eupho is my personal favorite, mostly because, in my opinion, it's easiest to insert and most comfortable to use. I do use and enjoy all of the Aneros models I've tried. And each one has it's own particular pleasures to offer. But so far, I find the Eupho to be the most "user friendly," and would recommend it especially for anal beginners.

Also, I have to say that lubricant is a very important part of the process and there are many differing opinions and personal preferences in the community on what works and feels best. I recommend checking out "Boy Butter." So far, it's the best lube I've found for Aneros sessions.

Best of luck to you both!

Pan