Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Not Cumming for a week
  • saugatuck
    Does anyone know if it is doing any harm when a man does not Cum for a week after getting so excited after using the aneros? I get to the point of just getting ready to cum but hold back. It feels really great. But after a week of doing this every morning I just want to know if the body or Prostate is getting harm from this?
  • cet
    I'm definitely not an expert in this particular field, however, I doubt that you'll harm your body physically by abstaining from sexual release.

Mentally however, may be a completely different matter! ;)

Personally, I consider a good "pipe cleaning" to be a healthy exercise of the "equipment", not to mention a feel-good opportunity.

If it's something you're truly worried about, you can reassure yourself by asking your family doctor, or at the very least, "flushing the system" regularly on a schedule you are comfortable with.

Cheers!

Cet.
  • Pan
    Hey saug,

I'm not an expert on this either, but as far as I know, no harm comes from becoming excited or experiencing multiple Super-O's or "dry" orgasms without ejaculating.

I started having multiple orgasms without ejaculating on a regular basis back in 1999. I started out by learning a male multiple orgasm technqiue called KSMO and then started using the Aneros shortly after that.

Generally speaking, I have multiple orgasms every day. But I only ejaculate 1-4 times a month, usually around once every week or two weeks, depending on what feels right at the time. I think it's important to note that I don't avoid ejaculation, I simply don't feel the biological urge to ejaculate as often as I did before I learned how to experience multiples orgasms.

But like cet said, I think it's a good idea to really "clean the pipes" every once in awhile too.

I haven't done a lot of research on semen retention, but I have yet to experience any health problems or discomfort ("blue balls," etc) from this kind of schedule (over 7 years now).

I think the important thing is to just listen to your body. If it feels good to refrain from ejaculating for a few days (you may find it enhances your Aneros sessions for instance), then enjoy it. If you start experiencing feelings of effort or frustration, or physical symptoms like small amounts of semen leaking out after urinating or wet dreams, then this may be a sign that it's time to go ahead and "clean the pipes." At least, that's the way I've been doing it. And it's been working great so far.

Hope this has been helpful.

Pan
  • BusterBuster
    Hi Saugatuck,

While I have no medical background, my opinion is that it is nothing for you you to worry about. I am including a quote that I read that I feel has alot of validity and says what I am trying to. I hope it makes sense.

"Ejaculating is only a physical act, which pushes semen out of the body and is often linked to a loss of energy. An orgasm is an intense, pleasant, energetic state. "

There is a certain kind of buzz that I get after sessions that do not end in an ejaculation. I would imagine that it is different for different guys, that is just how it is with me.

Good luck to you.

Buster
  • Enemagra
    i read an article that stated that men who ejactulate 4+ times per week have a lower chance of prostate cancer... i wouldnt stress over it temporarily but it might not be the best idea long term.
  • BusterBuster
    Hi Enemagra,

Good point. One that I was thinking about that as well. During a typical Aneros session, I wonder if we are actually engaging our prostates in a way that any other sexual activity would not. It seems like you're subjecting your prostate to more activity for a longer period of time than during an ejaculation. There is generally some kind of discharge of fluid that I have assumed is from the prostate. It is certainly an interesting conversation topic that I dont know the answer to. I just know that I seem to have a higher sexual energy level after a session that does not end in an ejaculation. I am only human after all, there are not a ton of them, but when I do, there is a definite difference.

Anybody else have any thoughts or knowledge about this?

Buster
  • charliecharlie
    Hello saugatuck!

You posted this question as I was reading "The Multi-Orgasmic Man" by Mantak Chia and Douglas Abrams. The authors explain that the Taoist ideal is to ejaculate as infrequently as you can and that every man should refrain from ejaculation for a period of time suited to him.

Chia and Abrams cite Sun Ssu-Miao, a leading physician of ancient China who recommended the following:

A man at 20 can ejaculate once every 4 days;
    A man at 30 can ejaculate once every 8 days;
    A man at 40 can ejaculate once every 10 days;
    A man at 50 can ejaculate once every 20 days.

I am in my 40's and do not know if I can go 10 days between ejaculation, because I become physically uncomfortable after about four days and ejaculate to relieve the congestion. The good news is that the authors describe ways to prevent congestion and exercises to relieve the discomfort if it should appear. I'm going to give it a try.

Good luck on your journey.

Charlie
  • BusterBuster
    Hi Charlie,

You said, "The good news is that the authors describe ways to prevent congestion and exercises to relieve the discomfort if it should appear". If it is not too cumbersome, maybe you could share some of the authors ideas on how to prevent this congestion. There might be some people other than me interested in this.

I have got 10 days down, no problem. Longer than that gets to be an issue. I feel that there is some validity to this thinking.

Thanks Charlie.

Buster
  • Pan
    I thought it would be worth mentioning that in addition to the concept of adjusting the frequency of ejaculation according to one's age, the Taoists also recommend adjusting one's ejaculation schedule according to the seasons.

It's been many years since I read this stuff, but it goes something like this (let's say for a 40 year-old man - this is just a vague estimate):

Winter - the season of conservation and the time to ejaculate as little as possible. Ideally, ejaculation only occurs once or twice a month.

Spring - this seasons brings new energy and the body is able to ejaculate more freely without loss of vitality. Ideally once a week or less.

Summer - during this season, Yang (masculine) energy is most abundant and so a man's body can ejaculate most freely, and recover the energy most quickly. One may ejaculate up two days a week and remain strong.

Fall - the season of preparation. In order to begin conserving energy for the coming winter, it is best to reduce ejaculations once again to once a week or less.

Of course, aside from age and season, there are many other factors the Taoists would consider for the individual such as general health (avoid ejaculation while fighting a cold!), emotional disposition (avoid ejaculation during extremes of anger or depression), and of energetic health (strong and balanced kidney chi is especially important).

Personally, I like to take all of this into consideration over the course of each year, but at the end of the day, I adhere to whatever my body is telling me.

Just before I became multi-orgasmic (at the age of 27), I ejaculated at what I'm sure most Taoists would consider an appalling rate, probably 3-5 times a day on average.

Shortly after I learned how to enjoy orgasms without ejaculating, that rate dropped to once every other day. And within a few months, once a week. And within a couple years, closer to once every two weeks.

Also, I've noticed that during the Winter I feel less inclined to ejaculate, and during the Summer I seem to feel more compelled to do it (especially during heat waves - not sure why).

I never actually set out to conserve my semen or create a specific schedule. It's just that over time, as I grew into the experience of being multi-orgasmic, I found that it was the orgasms I really wanted more than the ejaculations. And so, I slowly found myself having more orgasms and less ejaculations as time went by.

I think it's also important to mention that part of learning KSMO (the way I first became multi-orgasmic), includes massaging the perineum on a regular basis, which indirectly massages the prostate and, I believe, helped to alleviate any congestion as the rate of my ejaculations declined.

And of course, the Aneros performs a simultaneous internal and external massage during it's use as well, which, I believe, also helps to prevent congestion.

I'm aware of the studies Enemagra mentioned suggesting that more frequent ejaculations result in a less likely occurrance of prostate cancer. I've often wondered if the men in the study that ejaculated the least often, enjoyed any kind of prostate or perineal massage on a regular basis. My guess is no.

I'd like to see a study which compares ejaculation with prostate massage. I've always suspected that less frequent ejaculation combined with regular (and pleasurable) prostate massage would be just as beneficial in preventing prostate cancer as frequent ejaculations alone...