Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Everyone says that you have to get used to a new sensation i
  • seung28
    I bought the aneros helix after hearing so much about the aneros products in general and used mine for the first time today. i'm hearing a lot of feedback that's positive or neutral, but i can't stop the feeling that i have to defecate. that feeling doesen't go away, as stated in the online instructions. when i relax my sphincter muscles, the helix just pops out. can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?
    by the way i'm straight and never had anything in my ass before, is this just something that i need to do everyday to get used to?
  • cet

Originally Posted By: seung28
    ... I can't stop the feeling that i have to defecate. that feeling doesen't go away, as stated in the online instructions. when i relax my sphincter muscles, the helix just pops out. can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?

seung28,

You just may not have the Helix inserted far enough. You may believe you have it all the way in, and it can and will slowly come out unless you indeed slide it in ALL the way.

This is best accomplished by laying on your side and slowly guiding the Helix in place. There will come a point, after some initial resistance, where the Helix begins to draw itself in ... that's when the largest portion of the tip of the Helix has passed the musculature that allows you to evacuate.

You'll know it's in place as the handle will be firmly "wedged" between your buttocks and the tab should be "poking" against the general area of your perenium.

At this point, it would take a concerted "effort" of pushing to evacuate the Helix from its spot.

Good Luck, and Hope this helps you! :)

Cet.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    (this post was edited 2007-03-01 14:41:10)

Seung28,

Sometimes the Aneros does take some getting used to. But if the urge to defecate will not go away (say after a handful of sessions) then it is possible that you are having a reaction to the lubricant that you are using. If it's one of the standard water based lubes, the chances are that it contains glycerine. Glycerine has an almost laxative effect with some people. You may want to consider a water based product that does not contain glycerine...such as Marksman or Maximus . Those products are propylene glycol based preparations and do not produce the urge to purge that the glycerine products can. Alternatively, there are also silicone and oil based lubes out there as well (although I don't use them personally, largely because of the clean up factor....some users like them).

Regarding something that Cet had mentioned in his comments about fully inserting the Helix. It should be said that the Helix DOES NOT fully insert all the way down to it's base (where the last notch is). That last notch is a contour that is there for the purposes of balance only. If you attempt to push all the way down to the base...you will be spring loading the abutment tab such that it will force the unit outward. When the Helix is fully inserted the abutment tab will be in contact with your perineum and the body of the unit will be inside just up to the notch.

In terms of retaining or holding on to the Helix with your contractions...that's where muscle tone comes in....and that may take some time to build.

Be patient, explore,...have fun!

BF Mayfield
  • Edit
    What do you mean it's not supposed to be inserted all the way?

Here's a pic... is it supposed to be inserted to Point A or Point B?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/adfinder23/helix.jpg
  • BusterBuster

Originally Posted By: HelixQuestion

I dont believe that there is any way to insert the Helix to the B position. At least with me. I do believe that it is somewhere in between those two positions though.

Buster
  • hlaser99hlaser99

Originally Posted By: HelixQuestion

Hi seung28!

I recommend inserting it to point "A", at least, and then whatever amount your body can comfortably accomodate beyond this. The Aneros prenium tab will keep it from going completely to point "B" on most people. (good A, B, graphic by the way!)

I sometimes have an Aneros want to slip-out, but you can always use my favorite position and prevent this! I use two layers of towels under me on my bed, lay on my back with my legs bent and slightly parted, with feet flat on the bed.

Then I can feel the Helix "extraction handle" pressing against the towel and can adjust the depth of the unit by moving my hips and buttocks down against the Aneros tail! (if it wants to pop out, just push against it with your ass, against the towel!

As far as wanting to take a "dump"... Brian is right, of course, about glycerin-based lubes! I usually use vaseline or vaseline with a liquid lube over it??? (Maximus or whatever?)

Hope this helps!

Later, Hlaser
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Hlaser and Buster are both correct.

The "default" position (the place that the Helix is supposed to automatically insert to) is point A as shown on the diagram above. With contraction however the unit will insert to a position that is intermediate between the two points. But as I stated previously, the last notch or point B is there for purposes of balance only. Understand that with contraction the unit is NOT pulled straight in, rather it pivots on the abutment tab such that the body rocks forward as it moves in. Again, with most individuals the only way that you can get the Helix down to point B is to manually force it down there, and doing so "loads" the abutment tab such that it will invariably spring back (outwards).

BF Mayfield