Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Spicy food?
  • Well the first time I tried the aneros(sgx) was yesterday, and I had two problems. First after taking the device out I had diarrhea-which was usual for me, because every time before when I have had prostate exams it has happened. I dont know if its the lube or what I used ky jelly, maybe i have that allergy that was spoken of. secondly and more importantly when I put the aneros in the lining of the rectum where it was pushing against burned. This is probably due to the fact I ate a lot of spicy food(cayenne pepper) the day before. However it could have been the lube. anybody else have the spicy food problem?
  • BilldoBilldo

Originally Posted By: nervetweak
    Well the first time I tried the aneros(sgx) was yesterday, and I had two problems. First after taking the device out I had diarrhea-which was usual for me, because every time before when I have had prostate exams it has happened. I dont know if its the lube or what I used ky jelly, maybe i have that allergy that was spoken of. secondly and more importantly when I put the aneros in the lining of the rectum where it was pushing against burned. This is probably due to the fact I ate a lot of spicy food(cayenne pepper) the day before. However it could have been the lube. anybody else have the spicy food problem?

Heh. If it wasn't burning before you put it in, it probably wasn't the spicy food. You probably just weren't completely relaxing your muscles and/or you had a dry spot on the Aneros that pulled at your skin on insertion.

That said, spicy food is great. I love spicy food, and sometimes eat a lot of very spicy stuff, and a few years ago I noticed particularly strong orgasms after spicy food. As soon as I noticed a correlation, I experimented and can say with certainty that there is something in some of the spices that can (in sufficient quantities) strengthen orgasm and ejaculation for me.

The red peppers in particular seem to be effective. When I travel with my wife to vacation in Mexico, the first thing I do is start eating tremendous quantities of spicy red sauce on everything. I don't mean salsa, that's chunky ketchup compared to what I'm talking about. I mean the red sauce you get in the local taqueria that has lots of red pepper seeds and everything in it. After several tablespoons per taco, I'm guaranteed a phenomenal experience that evening.

Try it sometime. I've also done the same thing with the peppers that are in Chinese food. If you get spicy Chinese food, you know the long thing red/brown/black peppers. Just get about 15 or 20 of those peppers and eat them. If they're too hot for you, just cut them into 1" pieces and swallow them whole with a big gulp of water. The more you can eat the better.

You may think I'm just trying to get you to have a "burning" experience the next morning, but I promise you that if you eat as many as you can stomach about 6 to 10 hours before sex that you'll be a believer.

• lol thats true about the peppers making male orgasms better
    my boyfriends mexican so yea :P
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    (this post was edited 2007-02-23 13:51:07)

Nervetweak,

For the record I do indeed have a problem with spicy food. I have been plagued by chronic prostatitis since my twenties. I went to almost a dozen urologists to get to the (if you'll forgive the expression) bottom of it, and their response was always the same... antibiotics and more antibiotics. There was a period of time when I was on daily antibiotic therapy for over a year! Eventually I found a different urologist, in fact a man who was at the time the head of the urology department at a major metropolitan hospital who had a theory about the relationship of diet and prostatitis. In a nutshell he believed that spicy foods, caffeine (in any of it's various forms from chocolate to over the counter medicines) and alcohol must be avoided in order to be symptom free.

My experience validated his findings, although I will say that I have found it very difficult to remain on this diet over the years. I mention all of this as to say that I am certain that spicy foods can have a more systemic effect. There's no question in my mind about it. In fact there are plenty of studies that show that spicy foods can elevate ones PSA numbers.

So regarding spicy foods, can they cause anal irritation as well....you bet! Particularly spices containing capsicum...very often these substances are not completely broken down by the digestive process. So you in essence one gets it coming AND going ! With regard to water based lubricants...yes, some can have a purgative or laxative effect, particularly those containing glycerine.

It may well be that both spicy food and your choice of lube were the culprits here. My suggestion would be to lay off the spicy food and consider a water based lube without glycerine....such as Marksman or Maximus. Both of these products are propylene glycol based preparations.

BF Mayfield
  • Thanks for the advice guys.
    I too suffer from cp/cpps + constant testicle pain ALL THE TIME. Its pretty annoying.

ya I find tha that capsicum spices are the only ones that irritate my recutm when using the aneros. However spicy foods do not effect my prostatitas. In fact it might not even be prostatitis because its just basically a low grade chronic testicular pain coupled with the feeling of perineal pressure/discomfort but not really pain, and the inability to hold a hard erection or erections for normal periods if i am not engaged in penile stimulation.
    urologists dont know what it really is or what I should do. I also get cloudy white discharge at the beginning of urination sometimes-semen? But ive had this burden for about a year, it seems to be getting better slowly. The funny thing about prostatitis is that most people dont know how they got theirs but I do. I got it one day after masturbating for over an hour and not ejaculating. After that day I had testicle pain that radiated to my kidneys it was so bad-now the back pain is gone-but the testicle pain is the main thing.
    the reson i masturbated so long without ejac was because i was trying to get mult orgasms with those infamous pc muscles- i squeezed them so hard trying to stop ejac-that could have been the very thing that hurt me-see I'm one of those yoga guys who trys to conserve semen for energy purposes-its so weird because although I can do different forms of energy circulation and meditation-I could never get the grand prize that got me into esoteric yoga the multiple male orgasm.

hopefully the aneros will help-i tried using it three times but every time it was too uncomfortable to leave in more then 15 min. i have an sgx and its tiny-I dont know why its so uncomfortable-ill keep trying of corse