Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Aneros: "in crowd" marketing ploy?
  • ...in reading a number of these posts it seems that perhaps the aneros is a piece of very intelligent marketing. any possibly nothing more?

imagine if i told you i had a magic bracelet, when worn at *just* the right angle, that would turn you into a temporary genius. over time i would develop other versions of the magic bracelet, which offer variations of intelligence.

if i sold the bracelet someone would buy it. after all, who doesnt want to feel like a genius? entire cultures revere the genius, so why not be one?

if i sold 1000 genius bracelets, ten percent of the people would feel smarter, by golly. they'd wake up with great ideas that they never had before, they'd find new memories, they'd create new complex sentences. they would be goddarn geniuses!

then they'd share those experiences with other people searching for the genius experience. they'd recount how it all happened: the purchase, the experimentation with different angles, the frustrations, the revelation.

the stories would drive further purchase; maybe THIS bracelet version will work better for me, or even perhaps THIS one...

Powerful marketing, my friends.
    Just a thought. Don't attack.
  • TripperTripper
    It IS hard to believe isn't it? Is it a case of "The emperor has no clothes"? Or, is this a forum filled with folks trying to achieve or having achieved a level of sexuality a couple of notches higher than the rest of us?

Maybe read Buster, Charlie, or Nood's Blog from the beginning. It seems a little too complex and drawn out to be a traditional short term marketing ploy.

Or visit the KSMO www.mulitples.com site. Too off the wall, I think, to not be possible.

Or, try one of the refundable popular Aneros models. You may be one of the lucky 6.5% that kick into a super o on the first try.

Trip
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: Tripper
    It IS hard to believe isn't it? Is it a case of "The emperor has no clothes"? Or, is this a forum filled with folks trying to achieve or having achieved a level of sexuality a couple of notches higher than the rest of us?

Maybe read Buster, Charlie, or Nood's Blog from the beginning. It seems a little too complex and drawn out to be a traditional short term marketing ploy.

Or visit the KSMO www.mulitples.com site. Too off the wall, I think, to not be possible.

Or, try one of the refundable popular Aneros models. You may be one of the lucky 6.5% that kick into a super o on the first try.

Trip

No doubt this forum IS filled with folks trying to achieve something unique. that's the allure, i think. im pretty purely playing devil's advocate, but that's who i am. i've studied advertising psychology, so of course I can't help but look at the whole dynamic from a few perspectives.

regarding your comments about testimonials: if i created an "emperor's clothes" concept, i would be SURE to have a few extremely well-detailed testimonials to really shape that allure. after all, that's what would perpetuate the mystique.

i do believe in the moon landings.

to me, what's so powerful about the aneros concept in terms of its ability to defend against critique is not merely the idea of pursuit a "higher sexual experience" (as an aside I do not really subscribe to that kind of thinking anyhow, personally), but that it is that the experience is also wrapped in self help, health, holistic being, and some tinge of spirituality -- all of which are pretty well inured against the indictments of investigation, since they are all facets of progressive personal experience.

and therein lies the rub, pun intended.

• Edit
    There's simpler ways to get people's money and smaller hurdles to overcome than the resistance to sticking some crazy piece of plastic up your bum :) I dont think its (only) clever marketing. But certainly there's some clever marketing going on.

That said, it does work as advertised. At least for me. So that adds to the allure you mention :)
  • Pan
    lesseenow,

I can understand your skepticism. However in all fairness, I think your "magic bracelet" theory is an unreasonable comparison.

For decades, there has been plenty of medical evidence proving that men can experience intense orgasmic pleasure from prostate massage. The Aneros is unique in it's specific design, but not in it's purpose - to massage the prostate in order to induce pleasurable sensations. Prostate massage for health and pleasure has been around for centuries and has been taught and recommended by modern sex educators here in the States for decades. Does it really seem so unreasonable that a device which massages the prostate, could produce pleasurable sensations as well?

I'm curious to know, what exactly are your doubts?

- the effectiveness of the Aneros?

- the credibility of this forum?

- the ability for men to enjoy and derive orgasmic pleasure from prostate massage?

- or all three?

If you doubt the Aneros or what is being said about it in this forum, then any attempts to convince you otherwise would be viewed as further attempts at deception, would they not?

If your doubts are regarding the effectiveness of prostate massage, or the potential pleasures associated with it, then I suggest you speak with doctors or sexual therapists, or simply do more research on the subject.

I think if you do more research on the theory behind the Aneros's application, you'll see that it's physiologically sound and totally congruent with modern medical understanding. There's nothing impossibly "magical" about it's design or method of operation.

Obviously, not everyone who buys an Aneros is guaranteed to experience multiple orgasms. And very few seem to experience them before first expending a considerable amount of time practicing and becoming educated about the device. But I think that's been reflected quite accurately in the forum.

Of course, you have no reason to believe anything I say, but I have to ask, wouldn't it be more effective (and far more efficient) to simply delete the many posts made here by doubtful, critical, or dissatisfied customers than to keep them?

Pan

• nood1963
    lesseenow,

Have you ever massaged your own prostate gland and experienced nice feelings? If you haven't, try it. If you liked it, then think about the prostate stimulators and how effective they help us men who like experiencing multiple orgasms, back to back, and back to back again. Nood
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Lesseenow,

To be sure, many of those that come here are skeptical about the Aneros ….frankly it’s understandable given that the concept of a “non-ejaculatory orgasm” is so foreign to most men. Nonetheless most guys who come here do have some sort of yearning or perhaps it’s more of an inner curiosity about their own sexual potential.

You have commented in an aside, and I’m paraphrasing, that you do not really subscribe to the notion of the pursuit of a higher sexual experience. This leaves me to wonder…..what is the purpose of your visit here then….and this discourse? Are we to understand that you are entertaining all of this merely as an intellectual exercise ?

Perhaps I have misunderstood ?

BF Mayfield
  • (this post was edited 2007-01-03 22:07:32)

Maybe this post was actually really brilliant marketing, because now you are going to have the people who use it all the time and get great pleasure from it, come in and defend that it is the real deal providing more "false" marketing. I would be one of them. You can't experience some incredible sensations from using the Aneros by any other thing/method that is available in the world, to my knowledge. I am using it right now, and I don't think I can find words in the English language to describe how good it feels and creates orgasm, or sometimes, IS the orgasm.
  • charliecharlie
    Hi Guys,
    I'm just honored to be mentioned by Tripper as one of "the in crowd". Granted, Aneros has created a great marketing tool with this forum, but I would not be here one year later if the product did not deliver what it promised. Take care.
    Charlie
  • BusterBuster
    I gotta jump in!

I second Charlie's comment about being part of the "in crowd". I am just as happy as I can be to be on this side of this "marketing ploy". It is work, I will grant you that! I am about to complete my 2nd year of this journey which is hard for me to believe. I have had my ups and downs with the experience, but you just keep trudging along when you can.

As Tripper mentioned, the blogs are a pretty good way for people to track their progress. It has been important to me anyway to be able to do that and I do refer back to it often. All I can say is if it was not so taboo to talk about this in public, there would be plenty of places to back up the claims here.

Take care gentlemen. I appreciate you and all your feedback to me along the way.

Buster

• Originally Posted By: B Mayfield
    Lesseenow,

To be sure, many of those that come here are skeptical about the Aneros ….frankly it’s understandable given that the concept of a “non-ejaculatory orgasm” is so foreign to most men. Nonetheless most guys who come here do have some sort of yearning or perhaps it’s more of an inner curiosity about their own sexual potential.

You have commented in an aside, and I’m paraphrasing, that you do not really subscribe to the notion of the pursuit of a higher sexual experience. This leaves me to wonder…..what is the purpose of your visit here then….and this discourse? Are we to understand that you are entertaining all of this merely as an intellectual exercise ?

Perhaps I have misunderstood ?

BF Mayfield

I don't have any one single purpose per se, but in the original post it was that visit's purpose to share a few wandering musings regarding the similarity between techniques historically used in fad marketing and the power of anonymous testimony to the phenomenological.

That notion, IMHO, has little to do with the comment you paraphrased, which stated that I do not subscribe to the notion of the pursuit of a higher sexual experience. I quickly admit that that sentence was very poorly written. I meant to say that I do not subscribe to the notion of the pursuit of a higher sexual experience in and of itself; that such autotelic dispositions themselves are severely limiting to the individual. So, for me, I make a conscious effort to not order sexual experience via any indoctrinated hierarchy, since in a way that would be tricking myself out of something personal and unique. All very Zen.

When you ask whether "[are] we to understand"..., I'm curious about the "we" on whose behalf you speak, since I'm here, too. ;) To answer your question, I am not merely entertaining "all of this" as anything, really. I made the observation; whether there is a perceived indictment is probably unavoidable, since we all defend our own experience quite vigorously. I am not (and couldnt imaging even of how) denying that experience, obviously. I was really more examining how very intensely interesting and powerful the idea of "attainment" is. It's a very magnetic and alluring and attractive taste.
  • TripperTripper
    lesseenow,

Now you have my full attention. From your other post on the perinium tab, it sounds like you are trying the Aneros approach?

Your marketing thread is quite complex for me personally. I would rather hear what you "feel" when you insert that little piece of white plastic where the sun doesn't shine.

Can you talk about that a bit? Have you been surprised by any twitches or shudders out of nowhere yet? Whoa! Where did that come from? Probably not from Marketing 101.

Welcome to the Aneros forum. It takes some guts and courage to try this thing....which you have demonstrated.

Trip

• Originally Posted By: Tripper
    lesseenow,

Now you have my full attention. From your other post on the perinium tab, it sounds like you are trying the Aneros approach?

Your marketing thread is quite complex for me personally. I would rather hear what you "feel" when you insert that little piece of white plastic where the sun doesn't shine.

Can you talk about that a bit? Have you been surprised by any twitches or shudders out of nowhere yet? Whoa! Where did that come from? Probably not from Marketing 101.

Welcome to the Aneros forum. It takes some guts and courage to try this thing....which you have demonstrated.

Trip

wha?! it's supposed to go in your arse???
    kidding.

my experimentations to date have been interesting. aside from the pinchy-feeling perineum abutment design issues noted in my other post, it's been an enjoyable foray.

for me, the idea/practice of prostate stimulation or generally anal play is not altogether new, so the initial "whoa!" sensations were not altogether surprising. i think i first got the aneros simply because it looked interesting and because it offered a level of hands-free fun. and of course the stories were very attractive, too.

i identify strongly with the reports of "auto-loop feedback". a big portion of my life, past and present, was and is athletic activity (but in the past at a much higher level). i think this means something to me because from a very early age the idea of "body awareness" was totally invested into my thinking. in terms of use of the aneros, at times i think that long history of mind-body connection training might ironically be possibly be a detriment to developing a pathway conducive to a Super O, since incidental muscle spasms are reduced in the wake of clear impulses with definite beginnings and endings. it's a theory.

a small proof of the idea above is this: the hottest moments i experienced with the aneros were at the ends of sessions where i began to fatigue a bit, and so where holding contractions became different. during these i am usually on my knees, since being in the bed or on the couch has never been very comfortable for me for some unclear reason.

in any case, i dont strive much harder than that to achieve anything with it. in most cases, i got to sticking the thing in because i was hot and bothered and ready for it, and most of these times i dont have the, uh, patience to wait too long. heh.

the other times have mainly been my girlfriend begging to stick it in me, since she sees it as just a kind of dildo-like thing that has magical powers and even a handle for a fairy dominatrix to hold it with. don't laugh.

all in all, it's been a pretty interesting plaything.

• support
    Hello lesseenow and Aneros Forum Members,

We are continually amazed and excited about what is written about our products on the forum. It would be great if everything posted was gushing, but we've had our fair share of criticism here too - we take those comments and try to improve on what we do.

We never intended the forum to be a marketing tool. Positive or negative, the forum was created to be be an open, friendly place to talk about the Aneros and prostate stimulation.

So many men who have found the Aneros do not have an outlet to express what they have experienced with it. Many can't talk to their friends, even their wives about it. It is extremely gratifying and humbling at the same time for us that the forum can serve as this kind of outlet. It's really a unique community that we are proud to be a part of.

We had a guestbook on the old website (http://books.dreambook.com/mt690912/aneros.html) where folks would post and we'd answer questions, but the format was pretty archaic (take a look, it's still up). The forum would allow for more interactive dialogue. In the beginning we even asked ourselves, "Is anyone going to use this?"

We do understand the skepeticism - I still say "WOW" and smile to myself all the time when reading the posts here. We have a long track record of happy customers, a slew of positive independt reviews in the media, and our products are carried by various retailers that really care about the education and the well-being of their customers, like Toys in Babeland.

I also encourage you to use the "find other posts by this user" feature and see the progression of different users on their journey. It's pretty neat. In addition, check out the Blogs and Bee-Line. These tools with the Forum were created to give as much helpful information from the user's perspective as possible.

It's safe to say that we remain the only company that offers a money back guarantee on an insertable product! If only 10% of our customers were able to achieve what we advertise with this "magic bracelet," we'd be in big trouble. =)

We wish you luck on your journey with the Aneros and a happy new year! Thanks!!!

Darryl
    [email]support@aneros.com[/email]

• Edit

Originally Posted By: support
    Hello lesseenow and Aneros Forum Members,

We are continually amazed and excited about what is written about our products on the forum. It would be great if everything posted was gushing, but we've had our fair share of criticism here too - we take those comments and try to improve on what we do.

We never intended the forum to be a marketing tool. Positive or negative, the forum was created to be be an open, friendly place to talk about the Aneros and prostate stimulation.

So many men who have found the Aneros do not have an outlet to express what they have experienced with it. Many can't talk to their friends, even their wives about it. It is extremely gratifying and humbling at the same time for us that the forum can serve as this kind of outlet. It's really a unique community that we are proud to be a part of.

We had a guestbook on the old website (http://books.dreambook.com/mt690912/aneros.html) where folks would post and we'd answer questions, but the format was pretty archaic (take a look, it's still up). The forum would allow for more interactive dialogue. In the beginning we even asked ourselves, \"Is anyone going to use this?\"

We do understand the skepeticism - I still say \"WOW\" and smile to myself all the time when reading the posts here. We have a long track record of happy customers, a slew of positive independt reviews in the media, and our products are carried by various retailers that really care about the education and the well-being of their customers, like Toys in Babeland.

I also encourage you to use the \"find other posts by this user\" feature and see the progression of different users on their journey. It's pretty neat. In addition, check out the Blogs and Bee-Line. These tools with the Forum were created to give as much helpful information from the user's perspective as possible.

It's safe to say that we remain the only company that offers a money back guarantee on an insertable product! If only 10% of our customers were able to achieve what we advertise with this \"magic bracelet,\" we'd be in big trouble. =)

We wish you luck on your journey with the Aneros and a happy new year! Thanks!!!

Darryl
    [email]support@aneros.com[/email]

No question this forum is rather unique in it's approach, the depth of information and general air of civility of it's users. If you've been out there and looked around, you'll know what I mean. Futhermore, there are an awful lot of guys that have posted their email addresses for follow-up (unlike yours truly..). I've been following it for some time now and it's the real deal.

l
  • BusterBuster
    I agree with the Lurker. There are some good people here. I have had some interesting conversations via email with some of them directly. We are all interested in the same thing and hopefully we can help eachother along the way.

Buster