Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Few questions from a newbie
  • man847
    I've been reading with fascination about Aneros, researching which one to buy. I have a few questions:

- Can silicone-based lubricants work with Aneros? They never dry out.
    - Is the Helix going to be too big for a new user? (I know this is subjective, but....)
    - What is the tab at the back of Aneros used for? Is it just a handle?

I know I'll have more questions. Thanks to all who've made this Forum an educational place.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Man847,

Yes, silicone lubricants can definitely be used with the Aneros and some users prefer them over the other alternatives. Although there has never been an official poll or anything, judging from the feedback here, I'd say that the majority of users go with water based preparations on account of the relative ease of clean up. But again, lubrication is a personal preference....so there's only one way to know for sure.

Is the Helix a new user model? Like a lot of thing around here...that too is a matter of opinion. In a recent thread entitled If You Could Only Have One (see this page), most users came down on the side of the MGX. Indeed, the Helix has a bit more aggressive profile, making it suitable for some users more than others. If you've had some experience with anal play in the past I don't think that you can go wrong with either model (my opinion..). If you haven't,... according to current sentiment, ..the MGX may be a better choice.

Yes, the curled arm extending backwards from the base of the device is a handle.

BF Mayfield
  • man847
    Thanks, BF.

How big is the MGX?