Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Pain Help
  • I am first time user and need some advice. I inserted the Helix and within 5 minutes was feeling pain in the perinium spot. I moved very little but the spot of pain got worse until I had to remove it. The spot of pain remained for about 4 hours. 10 hours later I can still feel the sore spot but not too bad.

It seems that the handle is shaped wrong for my body and holds the perinium tab too tight to my body and presses it in to the point of irritation. Any suggestions?

HR
  • Edit
    I have this problem, too. I've given the MGX three tries for about 20-30 minutes each, and am experiencing little pleasure, and mostly just pain.
  • After looking at it I think the handle needs to be bent back about 1/8 inch or so. I think the handle, being too tight, forces the perinium tab into the skin causing the pain. It's like the tailbone is too long so bend the handle back a little to compensate. It has to be a leverage problem.

Bending the handle back should release the pressure on the perinium and, at the same time, allow the instrument itself freedom to move toward the prostate.

Plastic is easy to bend if you heat it carefully. Boiling water works with some plastics and a gentle flame with others. I'll let you know how it turns out. It may be a couple days because I have to let the sore spot heal.

HR
  • Kitmo.
    (this post was edited 2006-12-05 18:54:21)

If you have one or can buy a cheap one (at a home improvement center usually for about $20), a "heat gun" used to heat and peel old paint works great on softening up the Aneros to bend it, without melting or singe-ing it (which would happen with an open flame). The heat gun is basically a glorified blow dryer, but it heats up to like a thousand degrees or something. I've used it; works great.

Kitmo.
  • Edit
    I used a heat gun with much success. Worked like a charm. PLEASE do not use an open flame on the Aneros, the material is very flammable.
  • Thanks for the feedback.

I tried boiling water, it wasn't hot enough. One poster said he did it over a candle so I tried the open flame and it instantly started to singe the material.

Dry heat is the only way to go, which means I break out my heat gun. They heat up to 1200 deg on low and 1500 to 1800 deg on high so be careful if you use one. Keep your hands out of the path of the heat because they will take off your skin in seconds. Which also means a heat gun will set your unit on fire if it gets too hot. Flash point on plastic is around 450 deg.

Heat the unit up slow.

HR
  • hlaser99hlaser99

Originally Posted By: hrandolph
    I am first time user and need some advice. I inserted the Helix and within 5 minutes was feeling pain in the perinium spot. I moved very little but the spot of pain got worse until I had to remove it. The spot of pain remained for about 4 hours. 10 hours later I can still feel the sore spot but not too bad.

It seems that the handle is shaped wrong for my body and holds the perinium tab too tight to my body and presses it in to the point of irritation. Any suggestions?

HR

Hi hrandolph and All!

I had this problem with all of my Aneros units...

Then I started using a little soft cotton pad called a "Cotton Round", used by women to remove makeup! They are too thick as they are, so I peel them apart and get two halves and then use a "twist-tie" from a loaf of bread to twist behind the tab to hold it on... (early-on I used a paper towel strip, wrapped several times around the tab)

The idea is to make the tab soft and padded, but not so big it doesn't hit the perinium spot correctly??? It also absorbes excess lube and keeps the tab centered and stationary a little better!

IMHO! I would try this first, before changing the Anerose! You really need that pressure on your perenium!

Later, Hlaser