Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Science of BrainSync?
  • Virg
    I understand that the various offerings of BrainSync.com use types of sound waves to effect different states of mind and/or behavior...relaxation, weight loss, success, ecstasy, and so on.

Can anyone state the science behind this? Has it been tested and is it valid, as well as safe? Or, just another way for an enterprising "snake oil" salesman to make a living?

I have tinnitus (ringing in the ears due to damage to the ultra-fine lining) and am concerned that the sound waves MAY do damage to the delicate interior of the ear. The sound waves do create a physical effect through the body and it ALL starts at the ears.

Any factual information would be appreciated. Thanks. Virg
  • Brainsync works. I have the ectasy download and its great. Can't tell you the science and if you do have concerns i would email them dirsectly and ask their advise
  • Edit
    The Brain Sync website provides lots of info about how it works. I have downloaded three: Ecstasy, Total Relaxation, and Sound Sleep. The second track of Ecstasy is particularly beautiful, and strangely enough, the one that relaxes me the most.

As for the science, our brain wave patterns reflect our mood, so the intent is to stimulate our brains to produce wave patterns for the mood we desire, and hence help to change our mood. Using audio waves of the same frequencies as brain waves simply helps our brainwaves to get synchronised and thus induce the desired mood. These waves are as harmless as listening to music to set our mood, and should be played at low volume.

Some of Brain Sync's audios contain subliminal messages, but not those I've mentioned above. Brain Sync show clearly which of their audios have these messages and the text of these messages. I admit I'm not sure I want to try those, but I can stronly recommend the three I've mentioned here.
  • TripperTripper
    Brain sync user,

I guess what confuses me is that on the Brainsync web site, they talk about 5khz theta waves that reinforce the sexual feelings via the Ecstasy tape. But, I don't think that frequency is in the hearing range of most folks. I am assuming that they have two frequencies going at one time on the MP3 audio like 4700khz and 4705khz for example. Then, mathematically, you get a byproduct of the frequency difference (5khz). Although you still can't hear it maybe you feel it?

But, Virg's question is interesting. Where does all this come from and how does it work?
  • Edit
    You are correct Tripper, 5Hz is not only way below our hearing range, but also below the frequency range of even the finest headphones. I think that the Brain Sync audio tracks are stimulating our "theta" waves by using 4Hz to 7Hz modulations of higher frequency sounds. This can be done in several ways:

1) Beating higher frequencies as you have suggested
    2) Fluctuating the amplitude (loudness)
    3) Fluctuating the frequency (pitch)
    4) Moving the sound back and forth from left to right
    5) Phase shifting

Probably all of these techniques, including some I haven't thought of, are being used by Brain Sync to excite our theta waves.

I don't doubt that some musical compositions excite our brain waves in much the same way, even though the composers were not aware of how this works. For instance, in the Sound Sleep track, a short musical phrase is repeated over and over that sounds as if it lifted right out of the 1st movement of Mahler's 9th symphony!

Also listen to the daybreak theme from Ravel's Daphnis and Chloe Ballet (orchestration with chorus); it seems to work on brain waves in much the same way.
  • TripperTripper
    Ahhhhh, a musician with an engineering background. We are in luck. While we have you, how do you suppose the key sound in the KSMO protocol works? What frequencies or process is as work in KSMO? Any inputs?
  • Edit
    Sorry I'm not into KSMO, but I would think that the key sound you mention has more to do with auto suggestion than brain waves.
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: Brain Sync user

Sorry I'm not into KSMO, but I would think that the key sound you mention has more to do with auto suggestion than brain waves.

My guess is the same goes for "brain sync".

As Virg already asked in his OP, can anyone state the science behind this? Has it been tested and is it valid?

There seems to be a lack of info on the net. Any links to scientific papers on the subjects would be great.

I notice though that the founder of Brainsync, Kelly Howell, also wrote several books, including "Guided meditation - Prayer" which claims "Scientific evidence has revealed that prayer influences the world in unexpected and extraordinary ways."

To my knowledge there is no scientific evicence for that. I would remain somewhat skeptical (but that's me).
  • Edit
    Oh, I didn't notice, on the front page of www.brainsync.com it states: "We agree with the world's leading authorities on the new vision of reality: that mind creates matter."

That alone should ring a bell.
  • Edit
    I guess I should have looked closer at the Brain Sync website; I hadn't noticed the religious crap. OK, it seems that the founder is quite a nut and has some really weird beliefs, but then again so did many composers, but we still enjoy their music. So forget all the religion and "science" and just enjoy the music.

The so-called new reality created by the mind of man is one of the most ridiculous ideas to emerge from the realm of quantum physics. Yet is is amazing how many people, especially polititians and lawyers and judges, believe it!

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Gen 1:1), and it is He "upholding all things by the word of His power" (Heb 1:3).
  • Edit
    Shucks!

Dashed all my hopes in Brainsync. Not sure if there is anything to KSMO either. Maybe the power of suggestion still applies to these and other unusual approaches.

How about the Aneros? Is this only the power of suggestion as well?

Tripper
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: Brain Sync user
    So forget all the religion and \"science\" and just enjoy the music.

The so-called new reality created by the mind of man is one of the most ridiculous ideas to emerge from the realm of quantum physics. Yet is is amazing how many people, especially polititians and lawyers and judges, believe it!

That's so true. Woos love stealing terms and concepts from quantum mechanics and then use it to contradict science. :)

Yes, in quantum mechanics "everything is energy/frequencies", but what does that mean? Do not blindly beleive those concepts can be translated to the macroscopic world.
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: Tripper
    Shucks!

Dashed all my hopes in Brainsync. Not sure if there is anything to KSMO either. Maybe the power of suggestion still applies to these and other unusual approaches.

Tripper

Now THAT's a good question.

As far as I can tell the Aneros and KSMO at least include actual physical effects;

The Aneros makes contact with the prostate and induces muscle movements as well as helps you focus on the sensations in the right spots. The KSMO I guess does much the same thing, induces muscle movements through breathing/voice techniques.

But then again, considering the people who can have a Super-O without any technique or device whatsoever... My guess would be that it is the power of suggestion all techniques eventually rely on, Aneros and KSMO being helpful aids (for some) to get there. (And perhaps even brainsync for some, though through a more subtle suggestion?)
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Alotof has this just right. Is there anything to hypnosis or Transcendental Meditation for that matter? Millions of people and a good body of research would at this point say yes. Being a practicioner of both...I would too. The fact is that the mind can exert influence over the body....respiration, pulse, brain activity can all be affected by conscious thought. I own the Brain Sync "Ecstasy" CD myself and have found it relaxing and arousing at different times. It is certainly not the do all or end all when it comes to the Super O, but for some it may be an additional tool.

With respect to Kelly Howell's spiritual predilections (which I was unaware of ), I don't believe that they really have any bearing on whether or not this works for you. Let's put it this way, I don't really get the impression that she's trying to proselytize with a composition entitled Ecstasy..Supercharge Love and Sexuality.

BF Mayfield
  • hlaser99hlaser99

Originally Posted By: Tripper
    Shucks!

Tripper

Amen Brother!

I agree 110% Trip! (couldn't have said it better myself!)

I use Brainsync, KSMO, the Anerose and other devices and techniques, because they work for me! IMHO, in trying to debunk anything you don't understand or believe in, you are missing out on some of the most amazing and magical things this life has to offer!

Just can't seem to stay off this damn soap box???

Later, Hlaser