Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

B Mayfield or Anyone Else ... Please Help!
  • I was using the Maximus the other night, and when I went to take it out the back ring came off about 1/2 inch from the base. Can I use the Maximus like this or should I attempt to repair it somehow? Thanks for the reply in advance.
  • If I remeber correctly a large number of members on here feel that the bit you are refering to is restrictive. As such they have actually removed it and smoothed the edges off.
    In you do a search you may well find a post about how to do this
  • support
    Hi Runaround32,

It's true that many users have clipped off the handle, but the end should not have broken off during normal use. Please contact us on Monday so that we can arrange for another Maximus to be sent out to you. Thanks!

The Aneros Staff
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    (this post was edited 2006-08-05 10:39:19)

Runaround32,

At the outset I'd have to say that in all of the years that I've been a contributor here,...I've never heard about this happening under normal use. Question; had you been working the Aneros in and out by hand? Did you place a lot of pressure on the handle, perhaps by sitting on it? If so, both practices should be avoided for obvious reasons....and less obvious ones as well. Regarding the latter, too much force is transferred to your prostate through manual manipulation or by sitting on the device, ...sufficient force to cause harm under certain circumstances.

If neither is the case then perhaps you should address this issue with the manufacturer. Although I haven't heard of any defect that would cause this....they may know differently. I'd let them evaluate this for you.

As virginsoldier has said, there are some users that have actually removed the handle on purpose. Though I haven't seen any reviews on this recently, there have been users that have sworn by it. The manufacturer has stated that the handle is intended for device removal and overall balance. My own results seemed to confirm this (I prefer it with the handle on)...I suspect this a matter of personal preference.

BF Mayfield

( The manufacturer must have posted while I was writing my comments initially...)

• BusterBuster
    Hey Guys,

I have 4 models (MGX, Helix, Maximus & Eupho) and all but one has had that curly end snipped off. I kept it on the Helix to make it a different experience. Having that curly end there does have its advantages. I do, however, prefer to have it off because it is easier for me to move around and sit up if I want to. It is just a preference, I guess.

Have a great week guys.

Buster