Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Got worse from use
  • jumbo99
    I've had prostatitis for about 10 years now. So, when I bought an Aneros I was hoping that I would finally get some relief from the problem that has plagued me for so long.

When I first used the Aneros I did so for about 20 minutes and was very successful in alleviating the prostatitis problems that I have been experiencing. The next couple of times I used it seemed problem-free and pleasurable and it seemed to strengthen my erectile response and before I knew it I was able to have erections whenever I wanted. I was ecstatic.

Having used the Aneros 3 - 4 times for anywhere from 10 - 30 minutes, I neglected to use if for about a week. Still feeling better than I had for years, I decided to begin using the Aneros for 30 minutes a day. I did so for 3 days in a row. After the second day, I noticed a throbbing and pain in both of my legs and a fullness in the area of my prostate. I don't know what I was thinking when I used it again on the third day because I woke up the next morning with my prostate feeling worse than it had for years.

I haven't used it for 4 days now and it doesn't seem to be getting better. I've lost a lot of the sensitivity in my penis that it had taken so long to get back after years of problems. Needless to say, I am a bit disappointed. My penis does nothing now other than lay around and take it easy all day. I think it's recovering from what I've done to it.

My questions are these:

1. Have others had this same experience? If so, did you determine it to be a matter of overuse or misuse?

2. Have others with a long-term history of prostatitis used the Aneros successfully in alleviating (or eliminating) their prostatitis symptoms. The week I actually had a sex drive was about the best week of my life. If I had some assurance that most prostatitis sufferers were actually able to get their sex drive back, I would be willing to try again (after a week or two of no use).

3. I also have discovered that I have hemorrhoids in the last couple of months (before I first used the Aneros). Does having hemorrhoids complicate use of the Aneros?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.
  • When I first started using my Aneros I forced it and suffered a good deal of pain for several days. After I recovered from that I followed the advice of many others on this site and began a gentle learning process. In no time at all I was having Super O's and can now, on occasion, produce them without the Aneros inserted.

As a wonderful byproduct of my Aneros use I no loner have the pelvic floor pain that troubled me for years. Due to having the flu I've not felt like using the Aneros for almost 4 weeks now and I notice that the pain is starting to return. I need some treatments.

Sorry I can't comment on your other 2 questions as I do not have Prostitis or hemorrhoids. I should think you'd need to exercise extra care with either condition, however.

Kevin