Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

B's Best of the BEE-Line
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    AROUSAL AND GENERATING SENSATIONS WITH ANEROS

It is important to remember that the journey from the penile centered approach to the non-ejaculatory orgasm or Super O is really an evolution of sorts. Turning away from the powerful sensations that are the precursors of an ejaculation to the relatively subtle sensations that characterize the beginnings of a Super O is not easy, particularly if you're not familiar with what these non-ejaculatory precursors feel like in the first place! Where do you feel them? What do they feel like? They may be felt in the anus, rectum, perineum, pelvis and abdomen (think of a midpoint between ones navel and the pubic bone, then deep within the body cavity). The sensations themselves may be described as tickling or tingling at times and as they follow through to Super O a deep and intense surging. In the past, I've suggested that a very subtle form of these sensations may be perceived once in a while when one is yawning or perhaps stretching. Both of these activities involve contraction of the abdomen and diaphragm and may even have some deeper pelvic interaction as well.

The manufacturer has emphasized an approach that seeks to encourage involuntary contractions through systematic exercise and the consequent fatigue of the anal musculature. Ostensibly it's a means of kick-starting the non-ejaculatory response. The idea is that once started these involuntary contractions initiate a positive feedback loop with the aid of the Aneros' abutment tab at the perineal acupressure point (Sweet Spot), which propagates a Super O.

The fact is however, that it’s not necessarily so. In my experience, even a good salvo of involuntaries may be insufficient to take the positive feedback loop to a truly self-propagating level and thus generate a Super O. I believe that more is required to initiate and sustain the non-ejaculatory response. This is where playing with your various tools or techniques come into play. What are the tools? Anal contractions (low level, moderate and hard), rectal contractions, lower abdominal contractions, breathing (valley breathing and vibratory breathing)…and last but most importantly mental focus. Mental focus is without a doubt the passport to the Super O. With mental focus you can coalesce the many disparate pleasure sensations created with the techniques outlined above into one wave and ride that wave into a Super O. To a certain extent it’s about directing your attention to the proper places, while at the same time increasing your level of arousal. I know what you’re thinking. You want a specific formula. Over the last several years between this forum and my email correspondence with other users, I’ve been searching for the common links for deriving such a formula. So far my experience has shown that users are far better off when they explore on their own with the techniques that I’ve suggested rather than with any kind of rigid formula. Why? In part because there are subtle differences in how we are all wired; position and degree of sensitivity of the perineal acupressure point and the prostate are both factors that can have influence on how much of what works when. But just as importantly it’s because people end up getting too hung up on following instructions. If one becomes too cognitively engaged, one ends up ignoring what’s happening on a sensory level and then all of a sudden…you’re lost. This all involves time, patience and self-discovery and most of all having a solid commitment to creating an orgasm in a totally new way.

I’ll try to recap some things in general terms to set you in the right direction.

Positions

On the back, side lying and kneeling (with knees next to the bed and torso and head laying on the bed) are my favorites (and probably most suited for newbies). Ironically the only position that worked for me originally was lying on back. Gradually I found success with different positions until today, just about any position works for me. On all fours (which I think you mentioned) is great for generating arousal but can be more difficult for going all the way with. In general it’s good to start with a position that affords you some stability (a position you can hold indefinitely without fatigue), so you are free to focus on other things.

Setting the stage

A good hot shower and some decent erotica are all part of setting the stage. Experiment with forms of stimulation that do not involve direct penile stimulation, external anal massage, anal contractions, nipple tugging, abdominal massage, perineal stimulation, scrotal stimulation etc. The idea here is to ratchet up the arousal/ sexual tension without direct penile stimulation. As you do these things, become aware of subtle feedback that your body gives you. Can you feel your prostate swell? Do you perhaps sense a tickling or tingling in your anus, scrotum, perineum, abdomen etc? Experiment with breathing and try a lower abdominal expansion while you do so. Bear down rectally and as you do so become aware of sensations (if any) in your prostate and anus.

Many of these techniques are going to be explored further once you introduce the Aneros, but for now just play with them a little a see where they take you by themselves.

Lubrication

This is a topic that has received a tremendous amount of attention (too much) in the forum. In a nutshell, if you choose to prelubricate (and it’s a good idea for most newbies) all you need are one or two infant droppers full of one of the thinner glycerin preparations (ID Glide, KY liquid, WET etc.). After that, all that’s left is lubricating the Aneros itself with copious amounts of KY JELLY prior to insertion. It is NOT necessary to take a KY enema to effectively lubricate oneself. Between the small amount of prelubrication (which is internal, so it won’t dry up) and the jelly application outside, the Aneros is about as mobile as it will ever get! So do this, then forget about it!

Warm-up

Start with the manufacturers instructions (20 minutes or so) to begin with, but do so loosely, don’t get hung up on following them to the letter. But if these exercises don’t get the involuntaries happening, don’t sweat it.

Exploration

One suggestion I have is to start by establishing a base level contraction. This will be a low level contraction that you maintain throughout the entire session. Stay with this contraction for several minutes before introducing any harder contractions, just so you can become accustomed to what it feels like (it may feel different later when you return to it from a higher magnitude contraction and you want to be able to recognize that). Also, as opposed to just alternating between anal and rectal contractions try also using them simultaneously. That being said, when doing them simultaneously be sure to use the rectal contraction in a more measured way. Why? Because a rectal contraction involves a larger muscle group which can over-power the anal contraction completely. So explore some fine-tuning with it. Again, the idea here is not really to get a workout per se as much as it is to generate sensation. Here’s the key; pleasurable sensations trump all. If you learn to generate pleasurable sensations through anal, rectal, and abdominal contractions and rhythmic breathing and learn to magnify and center these sensations through mental focus, you will find the Super O. In this way, creating the Super O is much less a mechanical process of thrusting or slamming yourself to an orgasm (penile centered mindset), as it is a dance between mind and body. For this reason I usually encourage newbies to explore and have fun with it, and be a little less directed in the beginning.

The following exercises are an illustration of how several techniques may be combined to encourage involuntaries and generate sensation. Start with a set of 16 moderate contractions holding for about 10 - 12 seconds each. Inhale slowly into the lower abdomen (vibrating your diaphragm) while contracting, and exhaling with the release. When releasing these contractions be sure to come back to the base level contraction for about 4 seconds. Be observant of any sensations or twitching that may arise (this may occur during or after the moderate contraction. If any sensation is observed, allow yourself to enjoy it no matter how subtle it is. (Pleasure itself is arousing...so don't ignore it). After this first set try adding another technique to the mix for the next set. While holding this contraction introduce a rectal contraction as well (this is a bearing down – pushing out contraction). Anal and rectal contractions work antagonistically, one pushing in the other pushing out, very often interesting sensations can be developed by working these techniques simultaneously. Again, between contractions always come back to the base level (that is, so you're never letting go entirely) and when you do be observant of any sensations that may come your way. Alternatively you may exhale with contraction and inhale with release. Mixing up techniques like this is a great way to get acquainted with your body in new way and generate sensations at the same time.

VERY IMPORTANT; if you feel something building DON'T hammer it with a strong contraction. Instead approach it very gingerly with a slightly upgraded anal contraction for example. It’s almost like fishing; when you feel a nibble you don’t want to pull the hook out of the fish’s mouth before it’s really set. The same goes for the Super O. When you feel encouraging sensations, think more in terms of supporting them or bolstering them with some supportive contractions and rhythmic breathing. Once the orgasm is imminent, you may employ stronger contractions to constructive ends. Try holding your breath slightly and bearing down (only hold for 10 secs. or so anoxia is no the goal). OR bear down (rectal contraction) with a slight anal contraction while executing some short panting (quick inhalation and exhalation but with very little air exchanged so you are neither hyperventilating or becoming anoxic, while doing this expand your lower abdomen as if filling with air. You get a couple of things from this, lower abdominal expansion (which gives a nice full sensation in the pelvic region), vibration of the diaphragm, and anal/ rectal tension, which creates more sensory input at the same time.

Visualization

Visualization is the process by which one uses the focus on a mental image for a specific purpose or goal. This technique can be very useful in that (with it) your body may actually coordinate certain responses almost involuntarily. So what kind of images does one use? Generally any image that gets you really aroused. My preference is to use more abstract images. For instance I rarely use images about intercourse or a session with my wife. Why? I find them too distracting. I want the focus to be on me as much as possible; therefore I use images that involve something happening with my body.

One of the images I use involves being penetrated. No, this is not a gay fantasy, (there isn’t really a mental picture of someone else being involved at all) yet it’s something that I’ve found arousing and centering at the same time. I visualize being penetrated (in an abstract way, by some object or some energy) as I pull the Aneros in with an anal contraction. At the same time I find myself excitedly inhaling in a ratcheting fashion (as if one was going to sneeze), it occurs almost like a light panting that vibrates my diaphragm. I yield a rectal contraction to push the unit out very slightly and hold my breath very slightly as I do so (several seconds). As I draw it in again with an anal contraction I inhale and expand my lower abdomen and become aware of the fullness there. As I gently and slowly work the Aneros in and out, I visualize and mentally focus on a center in my pelvic area extended straight upward from my rectum into my abdomen (a point below the navel and above the my pubic bone. I imagine the Aneros touching this area with every stroke, and with every stroke a sensation growing. A tickling sensation emerges that grows in magnitude and I can feel my prostate swell. Occasionally as my rectum pushes the Aneros out, I contract my anus at the same time, as if I trying to hold on to the unit to keep it from being expelled. The tickling sensation increases and becomes a surging that I feel in my abdomen, prostate, anus and rectum. As sensations increase I mentally direct and focus these sensations through that point in my abdomen and as I do I notice the sensations grow in magnitude. Now I am becoming aware of the unit drawing in on it’s own and I can feel the abutment tab dig into my perineum. My penis becomes very engorged and very erect. My anus starts to contract spastically moving the abutment simultaneously and the surging keeps on growing until I think I’m going to explode and then suddenly I’m there. Intense blissful surging waves of pleasure sweep over my entire body...the Super O.

Keep in mind that even though I’ve spoken about the Aneros moving in and out in the above illustration, the excursion (distance moved from in stroke to out) is really very small. It is important to understand that large-scale movements do not necessarily trigger the Super O response at all. If that were the case, dildos and such would have been used for this purpose long ago. No, instead it is the subtle yet precise movements of the Aneros, coupled with an open and adequately aroused subject that makes for success.

Again it bears repeating; pleasurable sensations trump all. If you learn to generate pleasurable sensations through anal, rectal, and abdominal contractions and rhythmic breathing and learn to magnify and center these sensations through mental focus, you will find the Super O.

Good luck

BF Mayfield
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    ANEROS THE ONLY WAY TO FLY? ...REVISITED (reconsidered..)

About a year ago I posted some comments to one of my Keys... threads regarding initiating and sustaining Super O's WITHOUT the use of the Aneros. The thread was entitled the Aneros the Only Way to Fly? In it I went into some detail about a session that I had had involving breathing, anal, rectal and abdominal contractions and mental focus only (with no penile contact). As some of you may recall I characterized it as a wonderful and intense experience but not of the same order of magnitude as my Aneros sessions. Furthermore, I stated at the time, and have since maintained throughout the forum, that I believed this method to be the ideal warm-up prior to the Aneros' introduction. Where this still may be the case with respect to the warm-up aspect, something happened to me recently that has made me change my mind completely regarding the potential of the Aneros Free Super O.

Last Friday, I was beginning one of my sessions as usual, building arousal with some good erotica while practicing my breathing and various contractions. Coincidentally about that time I received an email from a user who was in search of some information. In the process of our correspondence he very generously provided me with some particularly stimulating viewing material. In the course of 20 minutes or so, between this exquisite visual and audio stimulation, the occasional emails and my arousal techniques I found myself becoming tremendously aroused. After a half and hour I was experiencing such intense sexual excitement; my heart pounding, butterflies in the stomach, that I knew that something big was imminent. All the while (as is my practice) I kept directing this sensual energy deeper into my body with mental focus, rhythmic breathing and the occasional contractions. As I tried to hold onto it and concentrate it, some of this energy would actual re-emerge elsewhere as a delightful sensation in a completely different area of my body. It was as if there was too much energy to keep it bottled up for long, much like a cup that was overflowing from being over filled. Then I started experiencing the involuntaries, and shortly after, several small scale Super O’s. These orgasms were fairly typical in size and intensity for this Aneros free technique. Yet something was very different this time, instead experiencing a release from these orgasms, my excitement was still growing in strength! Then at some point, I must have reached critical mass, because I crossed over to a totally different level, one in which I was completely awash in non-ejaculatory orgasms. And not just any orgasms mind you; but intense, immense, whole body experiences, SUPER O'S, that were totally overwhelming! The sensations themselves had a deep pelvic component, yet they seemed to roll over me (like a warm wave) from my head down to my toes. It was like a dam breaking... as the orgasm hit it would happen slowly at first then increase in size and intensity as it swept over me. I was absolutely bathed in bliss. As time went on, I found that the orgasms just kept coming, wave upon wave, inexorably, such that I wasn’t sure that I could stop them even if I had wanted to (and I didn’t want to). Furthermore I found that these were true multiple orgasms, NOT just consecutive orgasms. In the past, I would have to confess that I’ve described the experience of one orgasm occurring consecutively or sequentially (one after the other) as multiple. The distinction with this experience is that it was at times an almost continuous orgasmic state, with one orgasm peaking on top of another, in many instances even before the first one had had time to dissipate! Another interesting factor was once this got started there was very little effort necessary to keep it going.

After several hours of this I was able to obtain some brief moments of rest when I distracted myself sufficiently to disengage from this…phenomena. To return, I found that all that I had to do was to focus my attention once more and I experienced what I would call an echo sensation and soon thereafter I was rockin' and a rollin' all over again. It was almost as if the orgasm had never really stopped but just been put on pause (as if it was still cycling in the background somewhere).

Again, this was an Aneros free event, one that was not penile centered and that had little specific technique to generate it, outside of my usual warm up techniques. Rather it was created as a direct result of a high order of arousal (to the extreme), with visual and auditory stimulation, that was channeled and focused mentally inward.

Sustaining it again was primarily accomplished mentally, with the aid of the video and the use of an occasional anal or rectal contraction here or there and maybe some nipple tugging. .

I maintained this experience for about 3 hours, how many orgasms I had…I still don’t know; I lost count, perhaps 30 or 40. (No I'm not joking and this is NOT hyperbole) Finally it was about 1: 30 am, so, I was off to bed and to the Aneros (yes, there’s a part II here…but that’s for another day).

Suffice it to say that this was yet another defining moment for me in what has been, over the past several years, an incredible sensual adventure. Given that this chapter occurred without the Aneros, it reminds me of what my self-hypnosis instructor once told me...

The body’s primary sexual organ is found between your ears…. not between your legs.

Ohhhh how right she was!!

BF Mayfield

P.S. The erotica that I used was a video of a genuinely multi-orgasmic female. You'll note that I wrote genuinely...(actors need not apply). Within the approximate 4 minute playing time of this video this wonderful lady has 4 intense, REAL orgasms. Interesting enough, this was not terribly explicit either; it was the experience of seeing (her rhythmic abdominal spasms) and hearing real ecstasy that did the trick. I looped it and utilized it almost like a mantra elevating my arousal to push me over the edge. Thereafter, I kept it on and used it to maintain my arousal and the Super O’s that flowed from there, almost indefinitely.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    COUPLES: HER BENEFITS

There is a great deal about the Aneros experience that can be shared by a man with a woman. It is true that perfecting a technique for achieving this Super O requires a guy to initially spend some time by himself. The reason for this is that it takes a certain amount of time, experimentation, and discipline to get in touch with the new sensations that will lead you to this place. However, after a short period of time, the participation of partner can be tremendously arousing. I can tell you that I have had numerous Super Orgasms while giving my wife oral pleasure. She's has even had her own very intense orgasms at nearly the same moment. I have discussed this with her, and she has told me, that there are 3 things that seem to make it happen for her, 1) my lingual efforts on her behalf which she has described as 'crazed,' 2) her hearing, and seeing my ecstasy, and 3) a transfer of energy between us (much as described in tantra teachings).

In this way, I absolutely do believe the Aneros has created greater intimacy between us. Furthermore, we have both found that the sex lasts longer, with more orgasms for her (really for us both), since the activities don't just end abruptly, the way they used to as soon as I had had a penile orgasm. The penile orgasm is no longer the climax of our encounters but simply another item on our sexual menu. Putting the Super Orgasm aside, the addition of the Aneros into our sex life has created greater intensity when we have intercourse as well. As my wife puts it “you really get animated when you have that thing in you”. Animated indeed! In addition, on occasion my wife likes to actually watch me ejaculate, and with the Aneros in place she usually gets quite a show.

Does the Aneros make my penis larger? No. It doesn't make her vagina smaller either, but that's scarcely the point, is it?

I believe that the physical and emotional experience of sharing sexual sensations is what intimacy is all about. And the Aneros stimulator has enabled US to discover many new sensations to share!

For the ladies: as I’ve said so many times before, arousal is an essential element for generating the Super O. A willing partner can be used for other forms of stimulation that further intensify arousal. Methods such as nipple licking, tugging or biting, ear lobe licking, caressing the upper body, etc. The general criteria are that whatever it is, it must NOT involve direct or indirect stimulation of his genitalia and it MUST NOT be distracting in any way. These of course are subjective elements, so add to taste. Also remember that these sessions MUST be focused on HIM, so you must remove the expectation completely that he must reciprocate for you (for the time that is devoted to exploring the Super O).

In my own case, I like looking at and touching my wife's vagina while I am using the Aneros. Sometimes, I insert a finger into her anus and leave it there while I am having the Super Orgasm experience, in this way, as my body goes through spasms she is able to have a “first hand” experience of her own. Sometimes staring at her anus allows me to focus on the sensations that I'm having in my anus. Other times I watch her masturbate to an orgasm while my face is in close proximity….again, visual, auditory and olfactory stimulation (sight, sound and smell) are all excellent sources of arousal.

BF Mayfield
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    HOW LONG SHOULD AN AVERAGE SESSION BE

I recently posted some comments to a thread in the forum that touched on a topic that hasn't really been covered adequately up to this point. It concerned the duration of an Aneros session. In the past users have questioned just how long an Aneros session should be. Is it an hour, two hours, six hours, all night long or what?

First I must qualify one thing; if one is an advanced user, that is, an individual who is capable of having Super O's at will, THERE IS NO TIME PARAMETER! Have at it man! For the newbie however who is still in search of this experience, I strongly suggest that shorter sessions be considered, no more than 60 to 90 minutes. In all cases though, the factors that will determine the duration of any given Aneros session will be one's level of comfort and one’s level of patience / frustration.

To start with keep in mind that there may be a certain level of discomfort for the newbie who has had little or no experience with anal play. The fact is, for many people it simply takes time to become accustomed to the sensation of anal penetration (even on this small scale). For those who are experiencing this for the first time, I say, go slow, give yourself time, there’s no need to rush this. If you do, you may find that things become VERY uncomfortable indeed. I suspect that many who have written in the forum complaining about experiencing nothing but a pain in ass or a feeling of a need to urinate or defecate, have not given themselves adequate time to become accustomed to the Aneros. What is adequate time? It will vary from person to person. In some cases it may be only a matter of minutes for others it may take several sessions to get past this stage. It is important that one NOT engage in any large-scale contractions before getting through this discomfort, frankly it will only make it worse. A better course is to find the most relaxing position for yourself and just relax for a while…. give your sphincter an opportunity to accommodate the Aneros.

For those who are passed the initial discomfort of introducing the device, it is important to note that pain or discomfort, particularly of the unremitting type, is a sure sign that it is time to terminate your session. So if you’ve been going at it for an hour or two and you find yourself getting sore, stop and resume your exploration another day. The truth is you will not find the Super O if you are in any discomfort anyway; it’s a distraction, so stop and resume at another time.

Patience and frustration are obviously related (one being the flipside of the other). Being patient is about being open to new and perhaps very subtle sensations without expectation of outcome. Thoughts like, I should be there by now, ….why isn’t this working, and I’ve got to make this happen, will all be counterproductive. Instead the thought process should be more like …this feels really nice, I wonder what happens if I add this or that… or I don't think I feel anything with this maybe I'll try that.... Like I’ve said in the past, look at it all as a sensual journey, one with several destinations, but don’t get hung up on going to any one place…just let the path unfold on it’s own as much as possible.

When patience is exhausted the result is… frustration. Frustration results in a loss of focus and with loss of focus one generally ignores the subtle sensations that you need to explore to reveal the Super O.

Of the 2 factors, discomfort is the showstopper, that is, you cannot nor should you work through it. Most times it is only effectively resolved by laying off for a while. Your level of patience and/or frustration however is really a state of mind and depending on your mental discipline, it can sometimes be worked with. But if you can’t get your attitude together, again stop and revisited this all another day.

In summary, the duration of an Aneros session should be established by one’s physical and mental state. If you are feeling good and enjoying the ride…. stay with it as long as you wish. If however, you are experiencing discomfort or becoming frustrated consider instead discontinuing the session and revisiting it on another day with fresh body and spirit!

BF Mayfield
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    THE SUPER T?

More superlatives? Well, yes! This one involves an exquisitely intense, traditional penile ejaculation mediated by the Aneros, hence the name Super T. I stumbled across it during the finale of a particularly intense Super O session. The session had started with about 4 Super O lites (a Super O brought about without the use of the Aneros) which I generated while viewing some good erotica. In particular I enjoy female masturbation videos that feature plenty of close-ups of soft, wet, turgid flesh (just a personal preference…). Anyway, I was feeling very aroused when I made it off to the bedroom to begin with my Aneros. Almost from the moment that I started lubricating it, I could feel an orgasm building, so once it was inserted it was only a matter of seconds before my first Super O. Over the next hour, I would have countless more Super O's (it was over 10..that's all I know), the most intense of which occurred while lying on my left side. Near the end of the session, I was having a series of back-to-back orgasms such that it almost seemed as if it was one continuous experience. All I can tell you is that at one point my anus was racked by so many involuntary contractions that it seemed like it was mouthing interrogatories (who-what-where- when- why ....say them all very quickly 5 times, and you'll get the picture).

It was a fantastic session, waves of Super O's, virtually an hour's worth, so I decided that I needed something special to complete it. My usual procedure would be to just stroke myself to a traditional orgasm at this point, delightful, but pretty straightforward. This time I tried something a little different, I decided to actually make the Aneros a more active participant in the orgasm as opposed to letting it passively massage my prostate as the involuntary contractions of the ejaculation hit me. I started stroking my penis until I just started to feel the very beginnings of the orgasm building. At this point I took my hands off, and started executing some moderate to large anal contractions, the idea being to have the Aneros by itself, propagate the ejaculation. Within 10 to 15 seconds I would find that the ejaculatory sensations would ebb somewhat so I then switched back to the hands on approach to build it back up. What I found was that it built back up very quickly, and did so to a higher level than where I'd started (the Aneros had added something). Working back and forth, on again and off again, in short order I found that less and less of the stroking was necessary to keep everything going. Finally, I was just barely touching my penis, but using the Aneros to greater and greater effect such that the Aneros was now mediating a tremendous penile orgasm! It was like a tango between my hand and the Aneros; each one taking turns enticing and coaxing an ejaculation from my penis. I could actually feel my prostate swelling inside of me. The effect of this was as if one was inhaling in deeper and deeper to accommodate enormous sneeze.

Finally when I felt that my climax was imminent, I let the Aneros have the last word with several slammer contractions. At that point I could just barely feel the release of ejaculate deep within my body (the warm tickling pressure) yet the full-on spasms hadn't kicked in. It was like a dam full of water was wide open, but the water was standing still, waiting for gravity to take effect. At this point I stroked my penis powerfully and suddenly I exploded. It was a seismic event. I mean... I cleared out some ejaculate that was left over from an orgasm that I had when I was a 16 years old! It completely emptied me! My abdomen was literally covered in ejaculate. It seemed to go on for almost 30 seconds, while the aftershocks lasted for about 20 minutes, and the afterglow... well, for hours I wasn't quite the same. All and all it was an extraordinarily powerful and intense traditional orgasm,...yes a Super T.

I've tried this approach a second time since then to equal effect. Although I haven't attempted this technique all by itself, I must believe that the intensity of this approach is directly related to having had the Super O's previously. It is for this reason that I'm classifying this as more of an experienced user's technique.

Check it out!

BF Mayfield
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    CLEANING OUT WITH ENEMAS

Although a “clean-out” is not strictly necessary prior to using the Aneros (particularly if one is regular, and knows when they’re empty), it may make some users more comfortable by reducing the risk of any “accidents”. Furthermore, for others any enema can be a very pleasant experience in its own right.

The way that I like to approach this is to do an evacuation of the rectum only, without involving the entire bowel if possible. To accomplish this, one must try to avoid doing anything that will get peristalsis (the rhythmic bowel contraction) started. If the bowel becomes irritated and starts contracting, you're more or less committed to clearing out your entire system, which can be time consuming and sometimes unpleasant (cramping). To avoid this I use water ONLY, being careful to keep it as close to 'body temperature' as possible. In terms of the amount that I use, I find that 4 - 6 fluid ounces is sufficient. Again, the idea is not to completely fill the rectum with fluid, but to loosen and help flush out any material that's present. I always lubricate my anus and the enema nozzle to facilitate insertion. I find sitting on the toilet the most convenient place for the cleansing itself. A second application of the same volume can be made if necessary. But you don't want to over do it. Ordinarily, I will follow this with a nice hot shower to get cleaned up and relaxed at the same time.

Bear in mind that the amount of fluid that I’ve suggested is not a lot, it is roughly equivalent to a third to half of the volume of an average soft drink can. But if you think that it's too much, start with a smaller amount. In so far as the equipment for this, you can find bulb syringe type enemas or the “fountain type” at your local drugstore. The latter is really just a hot water bottle that has one end cut off. You just fill and hang the bag and gravity drives the liquid through a tube to the nozzle. The tube has a shut off clip so you can control the flow. For many the fountain type is a good way to go, in that it give you a bit better control the amount that you take in. The bulb type devices on the other hand offer greater convenience (easy to prepare and clean).

Again, all that's necessary is enough fluid to facilitate the evacuation of your rectum, so start small and see what happens. If you do decide on the “fountain type”, you should know that they usually come with a douche nozzle as well, (which I wouldn't attempt to use for this purpose). Make sure to use the enema tip that is short and smooth. Also be certain that the tube is free of any kinks before you start, and that you bleed the line of any air by making sure that water runs free through the tube then stop the flow with the clip. Lubricate the tip of the nozzle and your anus you're ready to go!

Just remember to wash all the equipment well before AND after use and make sure everything dries completely before storage (this to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold). In so far as the safety of enemas is concerned, they have been used since the time of the ancient Egyptians for health purposes. It is said that they started the practice after seeing an Ibis (a bird with a long thin bill), take in water and expel it into their hindquarters. So long as one keeps the practice occasional, and is careful to limit the amount fluid that you take in, there shouldn't be any problem. Of course I'm no doctor, and if you have any particular health concerns you may want to consult with your doctor first.

BF Mayfield
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    (this post was edited 2006-05-24 20:26:44)

THE LONG AND THE SHORT OF LUBRICATION

First the short. A great deal has been made of lubrication in the past in the forum, and I’ll admit that I’ve participated in a fair amount of it myself. However, as I have journeyed onward, some things have become clearer to me. The truth is that one shouldn’t get too hung up on lubrication. Find a lubricant that’s slick, one that you like, one that “agrees with you”, then apply it and be done with it. Despite what anybody has to say on this, almost any decent personal lubricant will suffice, so long as it meet the criteria above.

Now the long……

I use KY jelly. It adheres to the Aneros easily (as contrasted to the thinner lubricants which do not) and it is super slick. It's also available just about everywhere, from drugstores to supermarkets. On occasion I have used some of the thinner types of products to pre-lubricate my rectum (prior to the Aneros' insertion). This involves getting an infant medicine dropper (available from your neighborhood drugstore). They have a small bulb end that may be removed so that it can be filled (and easily cleaned). They only hold about 2 or 3 teaspoons, which is all that you'll need. KY jelly can also be used for this purpose, but filling the dropper is a little harder. Pre-lubrication is not strictly necessary, but I find that it affords the Aneros maximum mobility. Lubricating the Aneros itself is fairly straightforward; completely coat the main body of the unit (down to the ribs), being careful to keep the abutment tab and handle dry.

The standard forms of Wet, ID Glide, and KY are all water based (water soluble) lubricants. The chief constituent in all of these products is GLYCERIN.

Silicone formulations represent the newest technology in personal lubrication. Silicone is a material found in many hand creams and industrial lubricants. One of its main physical properties is that it is water repellent (silicone sprays are used for water proofing camping equipment for example). In cosmetic preparations it's actually used to keep the skins own natural moisture in! ID Millennium and Wet Platinum are both silicone-based products. The advantage of these products is that they are extremely slick and yet will not dry out or break down as the water-based counterparts do. The downside is that some people may show sensitivity to them and that clean up can be a bit more of a challenge.

Although some have reported success with the Aneros and oil-based products, (Vaseline and Albolene cream for example), these products have the ability to be absorbed into the skin which as a practical matter disqualifies them for everyday use in my book.

NATURAL LUBRICATION

Although it would seem desirable to use natural products, they are unfortunately inadequate to the task. In choosing a lubricant, what you're really after is a substance that reduces the "surface tension" of the skin without being appreciably absorbed. Vegetable oils do make the skin feel slippery, but do so weakly as compared to glycerin based, (water based) lubricants. Oils can be absorbed into the skin. This makes continual reapplication necessary. Another factor to consider are possible allergic reactions (for some individuals) to vegetable oils, which may cause irritation or worse.

I have experimented with straight olive oil and an oil complex containing several different oils (sweet almond, coconut, wheat germ, grape seed, sunflower and sesame oils). I found that they simply didn't facilitate the kind of mobility that I was used to with KY. For purposes of a Super O session, it is essential that the Aneros has unfettered movement of the in and out of the anus. That said, there are those that like to “retain the Aneros”, throughout a day for purposes of continuous massage, (vs. an orgasmic experience). For such an application, natural oils may be adequate. Some have even reported using only water! After all, what called for with this case is something pretty much limited to aiding in the initial insertion.

In addition to natural oils there are also new generations of so-called “natural “lubricants that use botanicals (guar gum, locust bean and aloe) that are available. I haven’t tried any of them myself, but I suspect that these are really examples of “niche marketing” versus any kind breakthrough in (personal lubricant) technology.

All and all, I firmly believe that the traditional water-soluble lubricants show several distinct advantages. First, they are not readily absorbed into the skin (as are oil based products). Considering that we're talking about some very delicate tissues in the anus and rectum, the water-soluble products are simply the gentler alternative. I myself have found that the oil-based products make me sore. In addition, because of the absorption of some of the oil-based products, reapplication may become necessary. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, CLEAN UP IS A SNAP with the water based products.

In so far as KY versus the other glycerin based products, I have found that they're all pretty much the same; some thinner some thicker. Again, for the most part, they all contain the same ingredients. I use KY jelly exclusively at this point. It's readily available (even at some grocery stores), it's thicker so it can be cut with water if necessary, and generic alternatives (the drugstore's own brand) are commonly available as well. Personally I find that the jelly is more slippery than the thinner formulations. (It's also easier at the check out counter,. you know more discreet, after all, KY has some medical uses too. Compare that to a phallic shaped bottle that has WET emblazoned on it! :)

Store bought versions (KY liquid, WET etc.) are fine for "internal lubrication." The full strength KY Jelly is best for application directly on the Aneros itself. Again, the thicker consistency of the jelly simply adheres better to the Aneros' surface (it doesn't all run down the sides before you can get it inside you). The two applications together give the Aneros the ultimate mobility, which translates into the optimum responsiveness to even the minutest anal contractions. The infant medicine droppers you've read about hold normally about 2 teaspoons, maximum. The concept around this is to have lubrication inside and outside the rectum. Even with copious amounts applied directly to the Aneros a large amount is squeezed off as it passes through the anus and into the rectum. So in applying some lubrication internally, you're assuring the Aneros maximum mobility.

BF Mayfield
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    (this post was edited 2005-11-19 21:25:03)

MODIFICATIONS ..REVISITED

Regarding modifications,

I posted on this subject some time ago (now seen in the B's Keys to the Backdoor -Condensed) sticky above. At that time however, the New Generation line was not in existence. The MGX, MGX Classic, and SGX were all modifiable, albeit with some degree of difficulty. It should be mentioned that my reason for attempting the modification in the first place was that the MGX Classic engaged my perineum nearer to my scrotum, effectively overshooting my sweet spot (perineal acupressure point). When the redesigned MGX was finally introduced, a shorter and tighter abutment tab was provided (yes, the manufacturer listened to our feedback). Still and all there are those that prefer the longer tab and for them the MGX Classic remains a better fit of the two units.

With respect to the Next Generation models, only the Helix and the Eupho come with a 3rd generation abutment tab (on the Maximus it's much the same as with the newer style MGX). This 3rd gen arm is thinner all the way to the base, and the tab is comprised of a small-flattened ball end. I made the statement in my review of all of the Next Gen. models that I believed that the abutment tab/arm would be a much simpler matter to modify. Whereas I still believe that to be the case, I haven't seen a need to do it for myself, so I can't really comment on modification from the perspective of having personal experience. So most of what I am about to say is from the standpoint of having modified the earlier models and from my evaluations of the form and function of the Helix.

Modification should ONLY be attempted if: 1) there is no contact with your perineum in any position that you tried as the unit is presently configured. 2) there is too much contact, you find normal use of the device painful and the other remedies (wrapping the tip, etc.) have proven ineffective. 3) you have a strong feeling of where your sweet spot is and you are fairly certain that the tab is not hitting it. Furthermore this should only be considered when one has developed a good amount of familiarity with the unit, that is you've been using it for several months.

Again, before one goes modifying ANYTHING, it is essential that you know the relative location of your sweet spot. After all, the Aneros is made of a hard molded plastic that will allow for SOME adjustment, but really there are only so many times that you can go back to the well. That is, eventually the plastic will fail and you could have breakage, so know where you're going before you undertake this. Good planning is a MUST!

With respect to what you'll need, again, the best tool for this job is a heat gun. Heat guns look just like common hair dryers, but they are designed to provide a much more intense and focused source of heat. BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE...CAREFULLY, MAKE MEASUREMENTS OF THE LOCATION/CONFIGURATION OF THE ABUTMENT TAB/ARM IN THE FACTORY POSITION. In particular examine and make note of the overhang of the tip of the tab in relationship to the body of the unit. Why? Because, you may need to return it to its original position if your adjustment does not work. It is important to start by making small modifications , remember small adjustments of a fraction of an inch may have larger significance in the performance of the massager. In general, it is advisable to think of all adjustments as occurring evenly over the length of the abutment tab and arm. So in this way if one is thinking of adjusting the unit to engage at a higher point along the perineum (near to the scrotum) for example. It is necessary to 1) adjust upward on the right angle bend where the arm juts to the tip (opening up the angle). But it is equally important to give a small tweak to the arm itself, bringing it very slighty closer to the body of the unit. Why? Because in adjusting the angle of the tip, one has also changed the amount of pressure that is being brough to bear (diminished). So this must be compensated for (that it unless there was also too much pressure to begin with).

Remember, the abutment tab/arm is not there just for grins, when properly engaged it functions as the fulcrum of a lever arm transferring force from ones anal and rectal contractions and anchoring the unit to a certain extent as well. This transfer of force is what accounts for the Aneros' unique ability to generate sensation in several locations simultaneously. So it critical that one NOT adjust the unit in such a way that its function is compromised. One of my first mistakes was to adjust the arm (on my old MGX) so tightly that the unit was no longer insertable!

ABOVE ALL, IN THIS...BE SAFE AND CAREFUL.

Good Luck,

BF Mayfield
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    (this post was edited 2006-05-24 20:31:38)

Originally Posted By: B Mayfield
    (this post was edited 2006-05-24 18:55:27)

THE LONG AND THE SHORT OF LUBRICATION - UPDATED (see last paragraph)

First the short. A great deal has been made of lubrication in the past in the forum, and I’ll admit that I’ve participated in a fair amount of it myself. However, as I have journeyed onward, some things have become clearer to me. The truth is that one shouldn’t get too hung up on lubrication. Find a lubricant that’s slick, one that you like, one that “agrees with you”, then apply it and be done with it. Despite what anybody has to say on this, almost any decent personal lubricant will suffice, so long as it meet the criteria above.

Now the long……

I use KY jelly. It adheres to the Aneros easily (as contrasted to the thinner lubricants which do not) and it is super slick. It's also available just about everywhere, from drugstores to supermarkets. On occasion I have used some of the thinner types of products to pre-lubricate my rectum (prior to the Aneros' insertion). This involves getting an infant medicine dropper (available from your neighborhood drugstore). They have a small bulb end that may be removed so that it can be filled (and easily cleaned). They only hold about 2 or 3 teaspoons, which is all that you'll need. KY jelly can also be used for this purpose, but filling the dropper is a little harder. Pre-lubrication is not strictly necessary, but I find that it affords the Aneros maximum mobility. Lubricating the Aneros itself is fairly straightforward; completely coat the main body of the unit (down to the ribs), being careful to keep the abutment tab and handle dry.

The standard forms of Wet, ID Glide, and KY are all water based (water soluble) lubricants. The chief constituent in all of these products is GLYCERIN.

Silicone formulations represent the newest technology in personal lubrication. Silicone is a material found in many hand creams and industrial lubricants. One of its main physical properties is that it is water repellent (silicone sprays are used for water proofing camping equipment for example). In cosmetic preparations it's actually used to keep the skins own natural moisture in! ID Millennium and Wet Platinum are both silicone-based products. The advantage of these products is that they are extremely slick and yet will not dry out or break down as the water-based counterparts do. The downside is that some people may show sensitivity to them and that clean up can be a bit more of a challenge.

Although some have reported success with the Aneros and oil-based products, (Vaseline and Albolene cream for example), these products have the ability to be absorbed into the skin which as a practical matter disqualifies them for everyday use in my book.

NATURAL LUBRICATION

Although it would seem desirable to use natural products, they are unfortunately inadequate to the task. In choosing a lubricant, what you're really after is a substance that reduces the surface tension of the skin without being appreciably absorbed. Vegetable oils do make the skin feel slippery, but do so weakly as compared to glycerin based, (water based) lubricants. Oils can be absorbed into the skin. This makes continual reapplication necessary. Another factor to consider are possible allergic reactions (for some individuals) to vegetable oils, which may cause irritation or worse.

I have experimented with straight olive oil and an oil complex containing several different oils (sweet almond, coconut, wheat germ, grape seed, sunflower and sesame oils). I found that they simply didn't facilitate the kind of mobility that I was used to with KY. For purposes of a Super O session, it is essential that the Aneros has unfettered movement of the in and out of the anus. That said, there are those that like to “retain the Aneros”, throughout a day for purposes of continuous massage, (vs. an orgasmic experience). For such an application, natural oils may be adequate. Some have even reported using only water! After all, what called for with this case is something pretty much limited to aiding in the initial insertion.

In addition to natural oils there are also new generations of so-called “natural lubricants" that use botanicals (guar gum, locust bean and aloe) that are available. I haven’t tried any of them myself, but I suspect that these are really examples of “niche marketing” versus any kind breakthrough in (personal lubricant) technology.

All and all, I firmly believe that the traditional water-soluble lubricants show several distinct advantages. First, they are not readily absorbed into the skin (as are oil based products). Considering that we're talking about some very delicate tissues in the anus and rectum, the water-soluble products are simply the gentler alternative. I myself have found that the oil-based products make me sore. In addition, because of the absorption of some of the oil-based products, reapplication may become necessary. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, CLEAN UP IS A SNAP with the water based products.

In so far as KY versus the other glycerin based products, I have found that they're all pretty much the same; some thinner some thicker. Again, for the most part, they all contain the same ingredients. I use KY jelly exclusively at this point. It's readily available (even at some grocery stores), it's thicker so it can be cut with water if necessary, and generic alternatives (the drugstore's own brand) are commonly available as well. Personally I find that the jelly is more slippery than the thinner formulations. (It's also easier at the check out counter,. you know more discreet, after all, KY has some medical uses too. Compare that to a phallic shaped bottle that has WET emblazoned on it! :)

Store bought versions (KY liquid, WET etc.) are fine for "internal lubrication." The full strength KY Jelly is best for application directly on the Aneros itself. Again, the thicker consistency of the jelly simply adheres better to the Aneros' surface (it doesn't all run down the sides before you can get it inside you). The two applications together give the Aneros the ultimate mobility, which translates into the optimum responsiveness to even the minutest anal contractions. The infant medicine droppers you've read about hold normally about 2 teaspoons, maximum. The concept around this is to have lubrication inside and outside the rectum. Even with copious amounts applied directly to the Aneros a large amount is squeezed off as it passes through the anus and into the rectum. So in applying some lubrication internally, you're assuring the Aneros maximum mobility.

BF Mayfield

UPDATE

I posted the following comments to another users thread last week. At the risk of being redundant, I thought it should be included as an update to my thread on lubrication as well.

Hi All,

Always in search of the perfect lube, I happened upon a new one (for me) that I REALLY love. It's a water based lube from Great Britain, called appropriately enough (for us Aneros users) MAXIMUS! This glycerin-free formulation has a gel like consistency which is long lasting without becoming sticky (the way that the glycerin lubes can) Some users have complained about the glycerin products causing cramping and having a purgative effect. Maximus is frankly the most benign lube that I've ever used...producing no sensitivity or irritation even after hours of use. And because it's water based...clean up is a snap.

One other thing, once it touches your skin....it feels like a natural product,..frankly it reminds me somewhat of vaginal lubrication. Believe it or not the stuff actually turns me on...just love the feel of it!

Maximus comes in two sizes; a 50 ml bottle (good for travel) and a 250ml that comes with a pump top. The only downside is the price: $4.95 and $12.95 respectively (at cheaplubes.com)

BF Mayfield
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions