Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Hexil vs Maximus, from a Classic users
  • STEVESWS
    I have had a classic for 5 years, great except for the ridges. Just purchased a Helix 2 weeks ago, no luck, just doesn't hit the spot. I'm returning it. Maybe I should have ordered the Maximus instead, and still may. The ribs on the classic are just too rough. Any Maximus users able to give any advice.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Steve,

First, I'm curious, what kind of results have you gotton out of your old Classic?
    How does the Helix compare with the Classic? When you say that it doesn't hit the spot, are you referring to problems with the abutment tab or lack of prostate contact from the head of the unit?

In general, I would have to say that 2 weeks is just not long enough to make a thorough evaluation of ANY of these devices. I would strongly suggest giving it a little more time....that is unless this model completely fails to deliver in any area. However, having had the Classic for so many years it's likely that you have your own preferences set prior to it's introduction.

As strange as this sounds...try evaluating this model on it's OWN terms. This was the process that I went through when I put together my NEXT GEN REVIEWED thread above. That is, rather than trying to always evaluate from the perpective of any kind of set benchmark (i.e. relative to my own MODIFIED MGX Classic), I told myself that I was going to have fun with it no matter and invariably I did. In some instances it called for some deviation from usual steps to make that happen. Just be creative and be open to and see what happens. And yes..to a certain extent it is a Zen thing.

In so far as the Maximus goes it has it's own set of pros and cons (see my Next Gen Reviewed thread above)

BF Mayfield

P.S. When I finally did compile my results, I certainly did do some comparing and contrasting between the models but this was only after a full individualized exploration of each device.
  • Edit
    B is correct, I have had the MGX for almost a year and after many modifications of the tab it now performs really well then I bought the helix and was really let down by its initial performance, now after some adjustment it is "starting" to provide some very very interesting sensations and will no doubt improve as more time goes by.
    It seems a lot of new usrs expect instant results with these devices, not really a practical approach, for some it's great right out of the box, for most its a long explorative adventure and gets better with every use and more time and patience.
    It is worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: STEVESWS
    I have had a classic for 5 years, great except for the ridges. Just purchased a Helix 2 weeks ago, no luck, just doesn't hit the spot. I'm returning it. Maybe I should have ordered the Maximus instead, and still may. The ribs on the classic are just too rough. Any Maximus users able to give any advice.

Return it? How would you do that its not like they can sell it to someone else. I have read so much about the Helix, I think you should explore some more.