Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

I learned the hard way ......... Wrong Lube Choices
  • Hi Everyone,

I've wasted a few months on my quest for the Super O due to using lubes that actually desensitized my prostate !!! Specically I was using various "Elbow Greases" and various brands of long lasting skin products. I should have realized that anything that has the words Healing, or Soothing really means "numbing". Anything specifically designed for Anal sex is suspect. I also tried various Sex Lubes and they too caused loss of sensitivity (to my penis).

I know we are all different but I think it is safe to say that it is a good idea to "test drive" any lubes on your penis before you use it with your Aneros. A few minutes of stroking might not be enough, because some of these take more than a few minutes to de-sensitize you. My average Aneros session is 90 minutes ........... so any desensitizing properties of a lube are sure to "take their toll".

I've switched to baby oil on the Aneros in conjuction with a squirt of thin J-Lube solution(via an enema bulb) ... that I mix up myself. Sensitivity of all sensations is dramatically better !

Also I warm the Aneros in hot water before inserting. When I do this, I don't feel any discomfort while inserting it.

Matt
  • Kalash
    Anal Ease, and a few other anal lubes are the only ones that actually contain desensitising stuff (mainly lidocaine - same stuff used to numb you up at the dentist)

Any general lube won't numb you up... Wet, ID, etc...

Just don't go for specifically anal lube and you should be fine.

Still recomending the silicon based stuff...
    Kalash
  • Hi Kalish,

I know about the use of lidocaine in Anal Eaze, but that wasn't the problem. Using water based WET, I get completely desensitized. Using Corn Huskers Lotion for a JO session does the same. Any water based lubes with Nonoxidol-9 (or what ever it is called) completely desensitizes me. I've only tried (for JO) the original (from Europe) silicon based lube and it did not desensitize my Penis. Again, it may be me ...... or it may be that prolonged usage is responsible for the desensitizing effect. Once you start with your Helix, I think you may find that each session can extent to hours, even overnight (not recommended by the Support Team) so ANY desensitizing properties that might not show up during "normal" play times is going to numb the prostate to a degree. The Super O is illusive for lots of reasons, and I was hoping to assist others by tipping them off to one possible "roadblock".

Matt
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: thicktop4u
    Hi Everyone,

I've wasted a few months on my quest for the Super O due to using lubes that actually desensitized my prostate !!! Specically I was using various "Elbow Greases" and various brands of long lasting skin products. I should have realized that anything that has the words Healing, or Soothing really means "numbing". Anything specifically designed for Anal sex is suspect. I also tried various Sex Lubes and they too caused loss of sensitivity (to my penis).

I know we are all different but I think it is safe to say that it is a good idea to "test drive" any lubes on your penis before you use it with your Aneros. A few minutes of stroking might not be enough, because some of these take more than a few minutes to de-sensitize you. My average Aneros session is 90 minutes ........... so any desensitizing properties of a lube are sure to "take their toll".

I've switched to baby oil on the Aneros in conjuction with a squirt of thin J-Lube solution(via an enema bulb) ... that I mix up myself. Sensitivity of all sensations is dramatically better !

Also I warm the Aneros in hot water before inserting. When I do this, I don't feel any discomfort while inserting it.

Matt

I've found a water based lube called WET works really well, and I would reccommend using a rubber on the Aneros- it makes clean up easier and is more sanitary- (i.e. won't spread bacteria)
    Not sure its a good idea to use baby oil, which is petroleum based, inside your ass- seems like it could be hard on your inners.
  • Edit
    Found that \"Probe\" lubricant is good, after experiencing cramping from silicone based lubricants, and even generally available glycerine based ones, eros, KY, wet, etc. It's basically water, glycerine, and grapefruit seed extract which acts against bacteria and perhaps something else. Maximus was also good. As most glycerine anything, it can get awful and sticky but adding a bit of water cures this instantly (like having a fingerbowl on the bedside table), or for in the ass a little water to the thicker solutions will make it go a long way. As it turns out it is rather inexpensive for those who who *tons* of lube, but does not come in anything larger than 17oz.

This is after being fawning over silcone lube for quite some time and finding through anal use, as with our lovely aneros, it can bring complications for me and possibly others?? Hope this helps someone! "Super O's" for everyone!
  • Kalash
    *Cries...*
    Don't speak badly of my silicon based friends!!!

No... seriously, what kind of problems was it causing you? About how long after you first used it; how often did you use it, what measures did you use to clean up afterwards?

I never used Probe. That's the stuff in the black bottle with the shiney colored bands on it, right?

What kind do you use? (I think there was a purple and a green version but I don't remember what the difference was...)

I'm not changing right away, unless you scare me out of my mind with problems silicon based lubes can cause, but I may once I run out of System JO.

Kalash