Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Muscle control, pc vs sphincter Question
  • Boater
    Is it possible to learn how to control each muscle group separately?
    So far, it seems that when I contract one the other does too. I know I need to continue to do the sessions, and excersizes with my mgx to get in touch with the sensations, but is there anything particularly I should look for, feel for, that distinguishes one from the other?
    I can wiggle both ears to slide my glasses back up on my nose, but if I don't have my glasses on, I can only wiggle my left ear. Wierd huh?
  • Boater
    By the way, what does PC stand for? I know it is the muscles used to squeeze the pee out of the penis...
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Boater,

PC stands for pubo coccygeal . The PC muscle is the one that's primarily responsible for stopping the flow of urine from the bladder.

When you ask if it's possible to control muscle groups independently, I'm not certain which groups you're speaking of. In terms of the Aneros use there are several kinds of contractions that we look to. Anal contractions (the pushing in or clenching contraction that you exert when you are, let's say, holding off an expulsion of gas ). Rectal contractions (the pushing out contraction) the type that one experiences as bearing down when on the toilet. And finally abdominal contractions, which need no explanation. Yes, all of these can be executed independently of one another although very often when one tries to isolate a contraction you may trigger the contraction of another muscle group as well (as in the case of an abdominal contraction which may initiate a rectal or anal contraction). Anal and rectal contractions are fairly easy to generate independent of one another.

BF Mayfield