Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Contractions exercise question
  • diesel
    Sorry to sound uneducated, but can anyone elaborate on anal sphincter contractions. What does that involve? How would you contract these muscles?
  • craignfi

Originally Posted By: diesel
    Sorry to sound uneducated, but can anyone elaborate on anal sphincter contractions. What does that involve? How would you contract these muscles?

One just tightens one's sphincter muscle like one is trying not to fill his pants. Not a nice way to say it, but I think you can get the point.
  • craignfi

Originally Posted By: diesel

One just tightens one's sphincter muscle like one is trying not to fill his pants. Not a nice way to say it, but I think you can get the point.
  • hulahula
    Well I think a better thing to try is to do a quarter contraction. Just squeeze your sphincter gently. Someone else posted a good analogy. comparing your anus to your hand, a full squeeze would be like making a fist, a quarter contraction would be like gently curling the fingers part of the way toward the palm. Not an original thought, but I found it very helpful.