Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Can it cause long term or serious damage if used properly.
  • Dizzy

Hello I am a 25 year old striaght male i am married and my wife and I have messed around a bit with anal play and I like it Im just curious can this aneros cause any damage if used properly. And how many straight men are actually into this.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Dizzy,

Because the Aneros is powered by anal contractions alone (when used properly) there is really no chance of harming oneself with this device. With respect to the second part of your question, it's hard to say how many heterosexual vs. homosexual men have purchased the Aneros. However, if you'll take time to read through this forum, it's pretty clear that it is primarily supported by heterosexual men (such as myself).

B Mayfield

• Edit
    BMayfield

I don't want to appear argumentative, but... Just because something is powered by the body's own muscles does not mean it can't cause harm. For example, there's many documented cases of tetanus causing broken bones because of muscle spasms. That's not to say that the Aneros can induce the body to make these strong spasms, of course. But the fact remains that the body's muscles are quite strong enough to cause internal and skeletal damage when used improperly.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    I stand corrected. Perhaps I should have said it is highly unlikely that the Aneros can cause any damage to an otherwise normally healthy person. The truth is, that anything can happen, (and often does) but again I would maintain that in the vast majority of cases it is pretty difficult for you to damage yourself by means of anal contractions alone. After all this is a sphincter we’re talking about here, not several entire skeletal muscle groups as are involved in the case of tetanus (jaw and neck). No question about it, the body can cause considerable damage to itself as a result of tetanus infection. But the fact is, that the spasmodic involuntary contractions that typify tetanus are a product of an infectious process. The disease that we know simply as “tetanus” is caused by a bacterium (C. tetani). This bacterium floods the body with an exotoxin as it proliferates which is in turn responsible for the symptoms that we identify with the disease. In so far as I know (and please chime in if anyone knows different), there isn’t any disease or pathology that affects the anus or the rectum that could produce symptoms consistent with tetanus. And if there were, and a person was so afflicted, my sense of it is that prostate massage would be the last thing on that person’s mind.

However, what I think Joe is trying to point out is that there are some instances where the Aneros and perhaps any anal/ prostate massage is contraindicated. Off the top of my head I would say that those who are prone to prostatitis (such as myself) should proceed cautiously. In particular, if one is in the middle of a flare up it is indeed possible that prostate massage may exacerbate the situation. (Although, bear in mind that prostate massage was once the sole treatment for prostatitis). I know for myself, that I generally abstain from this kind of activity when I’m having problems there. Again, this is not to say that one would have to do so, but I think it’s probably a good idea to at least take it very easy if you are going to use the Aneros while you’re in the middle of a flare-up. Other contraindications might include using the Aneros when one is having a hemorrhoid flare-up. There have been several forum members who have commented on this in the past. The consensus has been that one should avoid aggravating the condition by inserting objects up one’s anus and then contracting against it, at least that is, until the condition has quieted down somewhat.

BF Mayfield
  • Excellent information here. A MUST read for all new users of Aneros products.
  • nood1963

Originally Posted By: Dizzy

Hello I am a 25 year old striaght male i am married and my wife and I have messed around a bit with anal play and I like it Im just curious can this aneros cause any damage if used properly. And how many straight men are actually into this.

Dizzy,
    I really don't understand how one could hurt themselves using the aneros properly. Sure, if one is using it forcefully, or using it as a dildo or vibrator, sure this could possibly cause harm somehow or somewhere. When the stimulator is used properly there is very, very little movement. Just ones muscles and contractions are causing the movements. Yes, I am straight. I really don't think that being straight or non-straight has any affect concerning the prostate. Everyone loves sexuall pleasure. I believe that 99% of the people using the Aneros and who help with the Aneros pleasure masturbate. This is just one more element that succeeds masturbation by far. I have had orgasms and super O's lasting 5 minutes and waves after waves lasting 30 minutes. There is so much more sexuall fullfillment in my mind then the simple "jerk-off". But, I will never say that masturbation is not fun. I have been so ignorant to what the prostate does and is capable of doing for men. My opinion, if you want to have really good sexual fullfillment I sure hope you purchase one of the stimulators. There is a lot of good and truthful threads on these pages. I have only been on the journey since Jan. and boy is it wonderful. Hope this helps you out.

nood
  • Billdo
    It sounds as if you're interested in this for sex with your wife. My advice? Absolutely!

I've been trying for the Super O for a while, and the sensations that I generate on my own are all great and getting better.

However, completely separate from that is the effect this device has on normal sexual activity. Having used it during intercourse and oral sex with my wife, I can say that it elevates it to another level entirely. There is something about the additional stimulation that generates an incredible level of intensity.

The moment the MGX is insert, I'm hard as a rock. Granite, not gypsum. :) The first few times I was concerned the skin on my penis would peel later from being so stretched.

Then the nerve endings just light up, and ANYTHING my wife does to me is amplified. I've never been one to come easily, and I always worried about how much work oral sex was for my wife. She's great at it, but all my life it's taken my a long time to climax. I don't go soft, it just takes lots of stimulation for a long time.

Without the MGX it would be 20-30 minutes of continuous and intense stimulation to get me to climax. I've done it in as little as 5 with the MGX, and it was many times more intense than the other way.

Let your wife read this: In my experience, she'll be able to bring you greater pleasure with less effort, and you'll both enjoy the results.

So buy one, try it yourself first, try for Super-O's, but figure out how you respond with it. Then plan a time to experience it with your wife. Show her how it works, let her be as involved (or uninvolved) in inserting it as she wants. Once it's in, just relax completely for a few minutes, if you can make yourself wait, and then do everything you normally would.

The last thing I'll add in this rambling post is that the closest I've come to Super O's is my experience after sex with my wife using the Aneros. Just laying there after oral sex or intercourse, and cuddling with the Aneros still inside, sometimes the feelings will build again until it feels almost like I'm having another orgasm. It doesn't quite peak like I think it could, but I've had 4 or 5 mini-orgasms that way and they make it awesome.

Let us know how it turns out. Tell your wife an MGX or Helix is the best thing she could get you for Valentine's day.
  • charliecharlie
    Hey Dizzy,

I concur with Billdo. If your wife won't buy you an Aneros for Valentine's Day, buy one for yourself. The experience is so intensely pleasurable it is hard to describe. There are plenty of us heterosexual guys newly initiated into the pleasures of the prostate. Go for it, you won't regret it.
    Take care,

Charlie