Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

constant contractions even after using Aneros?
  • FleshJoe
    OK, its been like 18 hours since I used the Aneros last night, and here I am sitting typing this and my anus muscles are completely wild. They've been contracting of their own will all day long, and at some point during the morning I got a very pleasurable sequence going on. Unfortunately, I was in a meeting at work, so it was very disconcerting!

My question is, did anyone else experience these constant after-contractions, after you use the Aneros? What can you do to stop them, if you want? I haven't been able to figure out what to do to stop these contractions yet, they're not unpleasant but a major distraction nevertheless.

Any ideas welcome!
  • Edit
    It would be nice if someone responded. I am curious about the lasting health effects.
  • FleshJoe
    Dunno, really, about the health effects. One bad side effect of using the Aneros, which is lube related, is that I'm more gassy than before -- I am passing gas a lot.

I would imagine muscle strength would build up over extended use, so that muscle fatigue would be less and less of a problem. That IMHO would be a positive side effect. Plus, you get a prostate massage which has been shown in the medical literature to be a good thing for prostate health (I don't have the references, I might look online if anyone is really really really interested).

So overall I don't think there's risk of serious adverse effects.
  • support
    Here are a couple of links that you might find relevant:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10527258&dopt=Abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10374787&dopt=Abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9523654&dopt=Abstract

Sex in Australia: autoerotic, esoteric, and other sexual practices engaged in by a representative sample of adults. (abstract below)

Richters J, Grulich AE, de Visser RO, Smith AM, Rissel CE.

National Centre in HIV Social Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney. [email]j.richters@unsw.edu.au[/email]

OBJECTIVES: To describe the prevalence of a range of autoerotic and other non-coital sexual practices among Australians. METHOD: Computer-assisted telephone interviews were completed by a representative sample of 10,173 men and 9,134 women aged 16-59 years (response rate 73.1%). Respondents were asked whether in the past year they had: masturbated, engaged in various other autoerotic activities, or engaged in any of six other non-coital or esoteric practices. RESULTS: Half of the respondents (65% men, 35% women) had masturbated in the past year. Nearly half (48%) of the men and 25% of the women had masturbated in the past four weeks, among whom men had done so a mean of 5.8 times and women 3.3 times. About a quarter of all respondents had watched an X-rated film (37% men, 16% women), 12% of men and 14% of women had used a sex toy, and 17% of men and 2% of women had visited an Internet sex site. 17% of men and 14% of women had engaged in digital-anal stimulation with a partner. Phone sex, role play or dressing up, bondage and discipline, sadomasochism or dominance and submission (BDSM-DS), fisting (rectal or vaginal, insertive or receptive) and rimming (oral-anal stimulation) were all engaged in by less than 5% of the sample. CONCLUSION: Most of the practices studied were engaged in by more men than women. A range of autoerotic activities are both substitutes for partnered sex and additional sources of pleasure for people with sexual partners.

PMID: 14696709 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

1: BJU Int. 2003 Aug;92(3):211-6.
    BJU International
    Vol. 93 Issue 1 Page 180 January 2004
    Sexual factors and prostate cancer
    S. Brody PhD

Related Articles, Links

Comment in:
    • BJU Int. 2004 Feb;93(3):422.
    • BJU Int. 2004 Jan;93(1):180.

Sexual factors and prostate cancer.

Sexual factors and prostate cancer. (abstract below)

Giles GG, Severi G, English DR, McCredie MR, Borland R, Boyle P, Hopper JL.

Cancer Epidemiology Centre, and Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer, The Cancer Council Victoria, Melbourne, Australia. [email]Graham.Giles@cancervic.org.au[/email]

OBJECTIVE: To assess whether prostate cancer might be related to hormone levels and, by inference, to differences in sexual activity. PATIENTS, SUBJECTS AND METHODS: In a case-control study of men with prostate cancer aged < 70 years at diagnosis and age-matched control subjects, information was collected on two aspects of sexual activity; the number of sexual partners and the frequency of total ejaculations during the third to fifth decades of life. RESULTS: There was no association of prostate cancer with the number of sexual partners or with the maximum number of ejaculations in 24 h. There was a negative trend (P < 0.01) for the association between risk and number of ejaculations in the third decade, independent of those in the fourth or fifth. Men who averaged five or more ejaculations weekly in their 20s had an odds ratio (95% confidence interval) of 0.66 (0.49-0.87) compared with those who ejaculated less often. CONCLUSIONS: The null association with the number of sexual partners argues against infection as a cause of prostate cancer in this population. Ejaculatory frequency, especially in early adult life, is negatively associated with the risk of prostate cancer, and thus the molecular biological consequences of suppressed or diminished ejaculation are worthy of further research.

PMID: 12887469 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

[email]support@aneros.com[/email]
  • Edit
    My question is your question.

My question is, did anyone else experience these constant after-contractions, after you use the Aneros? What can you do to stop them, if you want? I haven't been able to figure out what to do to stop these contractions yet, they're not unpleasant but a major distraction nevertheless.
  • FleshJoe
    I've been thinking about this. It seems to me that these contractions are a precursor. They indicate that your body is learning new pathways for energy and nerve activity. Most of all they indicate that your muscles are fatigued and overworked by recent activity. The contractions do stop after a day or so, and then your muscles seem to be ready for another go around the loop, so to speak.
  • I have noticed that I am unconciously tensing and relaxing my sphincter muscles all the time. In fact, I get a mildly pleasurable sensation by doing it WITHOUT the Aneros inside me. It's as if my sphincter is searching for something to "hold on to" (that sounds like a song ;) ). Right now, I don't find it distracting, but if I focus on it, I can tell it's happening. I guess the "rewiring" is taking effect!

However, they are not the "tingly and spasmatic" type, if that's what you're describing. I have had those before, but this is something quite different.

• Originally Posted By: FleshJoe
    OK, its been like 18 hours since I used the Aneros last night, and here I am sitting typing this and my anus muscles are completely wild. They've been contracting of their own will all day long, and at some point during the morning I got a very pleasurable sequence going on. Unfortunately, I was in a meeting at work, so it was very disconcerting!

Any ideas welcome!

I feel asleep with the Aneros inside of me and happen to wake up in the middle of the night and experienced some amazing 'O's' althought I haven't yet experienced the Super 'O'. I removed the Aneros a few hours ago and I still feel the sensation.

A question for you....is it not exactly a good thing to fall asleep with the Aneros?
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    The phenomena of continuous involuntary contractions (many hours after an Aneros session) is to be expected and frankly, though disconcerting at first, is indeed a sign of some sensory rewiring going on. Naturally, some of this has to do with your body responding to the intensive level of contractions, ie. muscle fatigue. Also, I believe that this munching (as FleshJoe has termed it...too funny) may well be an indicator that your body is becoming accustomed to anal stimulation and on some level desires more of it. At least that's how it occured for me. How to deal with it? Give it what it wants...more anal stimulation! If it really bothers you I've found that sometimes that a good traditional penile orgasm mediated with the Aneros can quiet them down. Given time they normally subside on their own.

In summary,...don't worry, it's a good sign. (But don't get hung up on this as an absolute indicator either, there are many who are Super orgasmic who never had these. So don't worry if you're not having them.)

In so far as sleeping with the Aneros goes...not my thing. Your body needs time without ANY kind of stimulation (mental, physical or...anal) to recharge itself. Being rested makes for better Aneros sessions later anyway. If you read through the forum, there are some that feel differently though.

B Mayfield

• zanebluezaneblue
    I can have the female equivalent--a tremendous amount of vaginal orgasms during the day, simply from flexing. I don't think there's a limit and I don't think it's harmful. It certainly can be distracting, however, especially driving. One way to kill it, at least in women is to drink a lot of coffee. The high serotonin levels will stop the spontaneous orgasms. Men have higher dopamine levels, so I'm not sure that would work. There's an herbal product called Deferol that works similar to an antidepressant that would probably do the trick, but it hardly seems worth it.

But in general I think having them is a good thing, it's generating kundalini energy which over time will flow up and open your chakras--which is amazing.