Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Newbie Advice
  • Hello all,
    I am very new to this and this is my first time with a prostrate massage, I am still reading through all the newbie information but wanted to make my first post to get some advice.

I purchased a helix syn mainly after hearing it is good for the prostrate to masage and milk it to keep it nice and healthy and as an added bonus also give some awesome feelings.

I have had two sessions so far with it that lasted for around 90 minutes but to be honest I felt nothing, I am not sure if it's even touching my prostrate, I layer on my back and relaxed, I would occasionally clench myself to see if I felt anything but nothing, is this normal to feel nothing?

I tried moving it around slightly with my fingers and changing positions and even walking round but still not even a twitch, does this mean I have a bad prostrate?

Thank you
  • In the Wiki is a section called "Getting Started". Toward the bottom of that page is a milestones list! It starts as follows:

First insertion
    No P-tab discomfort when relaxed
    No internal discomfort when relaxed
    No P-tab discomfort when contracted
    No internal discomfort when contracted
    Generally comfortable when inserted and relaxed
    Observation of slight good feelings
    Slight sense of leaking,
    Slight sense of needing to urinate (contact with prostate)
    Identifiable contact with prostate
    etc...

Notice that feeling contact with the prostate may not happen right away...primarily because...the prostate, and your brain, are not very familiar with being stimulated in this way...and we call this process "awakening the prostate". Keep up your sessions, 2-3 per week, or more if you can...and you'll start to notice sensations from your prostate! Try different positions, on your back, on you right or left side...be patient with yourself! It felt like a long journey during my first 60 days...when I got my first lightning bolt of an orgasm! It's now been over 18 months and the progress has been beyond what I even imagined was possible!

Give it time! Patience really is important in this experience!

TG
  • In the Wiki is a section called "Getting Started". Toward the bottom of that page is a milestones list! It starts as follows:

First insertion
    No P-tab discomfort when relaxed
    No internal discomfort when relaxed
    No P-tab discomfort when contracted
    No internal discomfort when contracted
    Generally comfortable when inserted and relaxed
    Observation of slight good feelings
    Slight sense of leaking,
    Slight sense of needing to urinate (contact with prostate)
    Identifiable contact with prostate
    etc...

Notice that feeling contact with the prostate may not happen right away...primarily because...the prostate, and your brain, are not very familiar with being stimulated in this way...and we call this process "awakening the prostate". Keep up your sessions, 2-3 per week, or more if you can...and you'll start to notice sensations from your prostate! Try different positions, on your back, on you right or left side...be patient with yourself! It felt like a long journey during my first 60 days...when I got my first lightning bolt of an orgasm! It's now been over 18 months and the progress has been beyond what I even imagined was possible!

Give it time! Patience really is important in this experience!

TG

Thank you, so it is normal and I just need to keep going :)
  • If you read the forum you will see just how common your question is. Folks often think they are anatomically different, need a larger device, nothing is happening, questioning if this aneros thing is just a hoax. For some, pleasure comes on the first or second attempt, but for most it takes a while. Try to lower your expectations and learn to relax.

Getting in touch with your internal feelings takes time. I have found that a little marijuana really helps me get in the groove. That's me. Others disagree. Just take your time and enjoy. Things will happen, you can' t force it unfortunately. It's not like traditional masturbation where you grab and go. A prostate orgasm happens sort of on its own.

In a few months you'll be giving other beginners advice.
  • Gilman said:

Folks often think they are anatomically different, need a larger device, nothing is happening, questioning if this aneros thing is just a hoax.

Getting in touch with your internal feelings takes time.

So true! I felt my share of doubt as well, just as you described!

It's definitely not a hoax! You wouldn't have this level of forum participation, and a rich history of postings going back over 10 years if it were a hoax!

Most of the physical sensations we feel on a daily basis are external...except the need to eat, or go to the bathroom! Turning your focus to a new internal sensation is unique and new! Since we can't see it happen, it's likely to take a little time to begin to recognize exactly WHAT we are feeling!

So, yes...just keep going!

TG
  • rumelrumel
    Anerosnewb,
    @Theme_Gasm & @Gilman are absolutely correct in their observations and advice.

I am very new to this and this is my first time with a prostrate massage, I am still reading through all the newbie information but wanted to make my first post to get some advice.

Excellent that you are doing the preparatory reading, too many newbies just jump right into this practice and soon become frustrated because they were expecting to hit a Super-O on their first outings but for most men it just doesn't happen that way. You need to go through a prostate awakening process first and this can take an indeterminate amount of time, patience is required.

I purchased a helix syn mainly after hearing it is good for the prostrate to masage and milk it to keep it nice and healthy and as an added bonus also give some awesome feelings.

That's a good choice to begin with and putting your health ahead of the pleasure is very wise indeed.

I have had two sessions so far with it that lasted for around 90 minutes but to be honest I felt nothing, I am not sure if it's even touching my prostrate, I layer on my back and relaxed, I would occasionally clench myself to see if I felt anything but nothing, is this normal to feel nothing?

Initial sensations are usually very subtle so you do need to increase mental focus and awareness of the most minute feelings when they occur (and they DO occur). Many newbies are so accustomed to the macro sensations generated by penile stimulation that they completely miss or ignore the much more subtle sensations being generated by their prostate during internal massage, this is a HUGE mistake! It is those subtle sensations which build upon each other to take you into orgasm.

I tried moving it around slightly with my fingers and changing positions and even walking round but still not even a twitch, does this mean I have a bad prostrate?

NO, your prostate is probably completely normal, it is just still sleeping, as you gently rouse it from its slumber you will be amazed by the wondrous power this little gland has and the sensations it can ultimately generate, be patient. Trying new positions is an excellent idea, while the most common position for men is reclining on their backs, this is not necessarily the best position for YOU, by all means experiment with different positions until you find the ones which produce the best sensations. Note, however, this too may change over time, the Aneros journey is an ever evolving one, learning builds over time and techniques which did not produce good results on initial attempts may later prove quite effective. Human beings love sensual novelty so go ahead and be adventurous trying different techniques, just keep in mind to be safe at all times and stop at the first sign of any pain or discomfort.
    image Good Vibes to You ! image
  • Hello all,
    Thank you for the positive posts :), makes me feel better.
    I will let you know how I get on and maybe it will help others,

Thanks again
  • I just received my Progasm Jr and plan on using it tomorrow.  I know from the discussion you should not have any expectations and just let things happen as they do.  So that is what I will work toward.
  • Plato5v said:

I just received my Progasm Jr and plan on using it tomorrow.  I know from the discussion you should not have any expectations and just let things happen as they do.  So that is what I will work toward.

Congratulations! You have begun something that has the potential to change much of what most men, including me, have always believed about our own sexuality...that there is only one way to experience the power of an orgasm! I assume you read through this discussion from the beginning! If so, the advice is valid for you as well! Let us know how your first session with your Progasm Jr goes after tomorrow!

TG
  • It took about 3 or 4 sessions before I got used to it. My back door had an "exit only" sign on it and my biggest obstacle was between my ears. Once the cobwebs were cleared out, the magic happened quickly. As Gilman said, a little MJ helps me relax and turn off my brain. Relaxing is paramount. ...If you don't master this it will be a much longer road. Good luck and know what is waiting for you is worth it.
  • I had my first 50 min session with my Progasm Jr.  It fit quite comfortably in me and I was able to relax with little effort.  I had several different feelings through the session which are difficult to describe.  The feelings had little to do with my penis but were as if something was beginning to build.  It was a pleasant feeling and overall the experience was good.  I had a small amount of precum.  We will see what the future brings.

Any suggestions or comment would always be appreciate by this newbie.
  • Excellent! Focus on and enjoy those pleasant feelings, as they are the feelings that can grow into the bigger and better ones! Feelings that are difficult to describe...were they deep sensations of gentle pressure, or tingling of any degree?

TG
  • They were more like a pressure-ish feeling that had a bit of tingling to it if that makes any sense.  The feelings were in my abdomen and did not appear to be exactly sexual at least in my previous experiences of sexual feelings.  I am having a bit of difficulty putting these feelings into words.

I plan to have another session tomorrow.
  • A buzzing feeling, and an itch you can't scratch are some common feelings I remember starting with
  • Plato5v said:

They were more like a pressure-ish feeling that had a bit of tingling to it if that makes any sense.  The feelings were in my abdomen and did not appear to be exactly sexual at least in my previous experiences of sexual feelings.  I am having a bit of difficulty putting these feelings into words.

I plan to have another session tomorrow.

Excellent! Focus on those sensations! They are the beginnings of good times ahead! If you can extend your session, try going for 90-120 minutes and see what happens! Enjoy!

TG
  • I had another session of about 75 minutes.  It was about the same.  At times it seems there was something building but it would then subside.  Overall, I was very relax and it was enjoyable.  A few times I believe I slipped into a sleep state.
  • Are your sessions at night or after a good rest?

TG
  • They are in the morning around 9:00 am.  I am usually quite rested.
  • I had another session for about 45 mins.  It went about the same.  Sometimes it seems I am a little too comfortable and the device fits too well.  I also find myself dozing off a bit.  Yet, I still get very mild stimulus but it does not amount to much.  But this is only my 3rd time of doing this.
  • Being well rested gives me my best sessions.

Yes, as you said, time and patience is needed. Waking up your prostate is one of your primary goals! Keep at it! Listen for those subtle sensations you might feel as slight tingling...which can grow into much bigger sensations!

TG
  • This last session did produce some interesting sensations that seemed to build to a point but only so strong before they devolved into nothing.  This happened several times and I assume that while somewhat frustrating this is a good sign.

Does it sometimes leave with you something like an itch that has gone unscratched?  It is not really a sexual thing but an internal feeling as if something is unfinished.  I am not that good at describing it.
  • The term most often used is an awakened prostate!

I believe there is a combination of personal awareness and your prostate achieving a level of sensitivity which produces that itch you describe.

My "itch" as you say, came alive, and has stayed alive within the first couple of months of Aneros use. I use it as a pleasant reminder of my fantastic journey!

In time, the itch and sensations can grow. And, with your regular sessions, they will grow!

Relax into the pleasure and let your prostate give you feedback.

When you feel something new, or tingling, or small waves if pleasure, it's those sensations that can be nurtured and appreciated!

My current pleasure waves cascade throughout my body, head to toe...but they started as a slight tingling that slowly grew over the weeks and months.

TG