Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

21 day challenge post
  • JspadJspad
    sunflower has convinced me to undertake a challenge with him, so I am starting this thread to track progress. The challenge is to go 21 days without masturbation. Anyone else wanting to try can post as well.

So far I've gone 2 days without ejaculating, but I realize that a very slight bit of masturbation I did earlier breaks that rule, so I'm on day 0 today!
  • PommiePommie
    @Jspad,
    Just to clarify, is your aim to avoid ejaculation or to avoid all contact with your penis?
  • rumelrumel
    Jspad,

I applaud your acceptance of the 21 Day Challenge, if you sign up, they will send you an email with a short supportive video each day to help keep you on track. I think you will find noticeable increases in arousal, sensitivity and energy which will enhance your ability to enjoy your Aneros massager.
    It may help you to read the thread Aneros, Arousal & Abstinence for some additional information and reasoning from some of your fellow Anerosians.
    image Good Vibes to You ! image
  • didymusdidymus
    The challenge website is not clear does the 21 day challenge include no penile stimulation and no Aneros activity?
  • PspotsquirterPspotsquirter
    21 days is not a long time. I've gone for up to three months without masturbating and ejaculating. It's purely mind over matter. If one is to do the 21 days, one had better stay away from anything sexual. Websites, videos, literature, magazines, etc. The 21 day website maintains a man's stamina will increase, after the 21 days. Maybe that is slightly erroneous, because if a man did not have any stamina prior to the 21 days, as soon as gets some mouth, asshole, vagina, or whatever (after the 21 days)....KABOOM (in an extremely short period of time). Denial does not increase stamina. I feel 21 days of no dick beating and testicular orgasm, will not lead to a 20 minute full body orgasm. Aneros sessions may help some to achieve 20 minute full body orgasms. 21 days is easy-peasy! It requires a little bit of self-discipline. Just my .02. Best of luck on your challenge.
  • JspadJspad
    The rule (as far as I know) is to not masturbate, so sex would not count against you even though it's penile stimulation (though I don't have this as an outlet.) I don't know if I had the right site though, because I never saw anything about signing up for videos. 

Anyway, now on day 1.

Doing alright, accept I may have slept on my neck funny because it's a little stiff and it's hard to turn my head to the left. I'm not sure how aroused I would get if I tried to get aroused, but I'm not interested in trying at the moment. This week I start another college course, so I'll wait until I get my work done before worrying about having a session with the paredise. I'm going to alternate each day between having sessions with paredise and with helix syn. Since getting back to having sessions again, (after three weeks away do to hemorrhoids) things seem to be picking up again as far as feeling pleasure in my rear and occasionally other places. I wonder how much things will escalate when I force myself not to release arousal levels through masturbation like I usually do after 2-4 days.

Edit: OK, just signed up on the site since Rumel posted a link.
    Going to be getting each video a day late, but oh well.
    @Jspad
    Why have any sexual activities at all during the 21 days?
  • JspadJspad
    As in aneros sessions? Because it feels good I guess. And it's healthy. My main goal is to progress with aneros and learn to feel things from my prostate. I suppose it can also help to keep the prostate from getting congested or something. But if you're talking about sex, I dunno. I'm personally not having sex. I heard on the actual site though that the goal is to avoid normal orgasm, whether ejaculatory for men or clitoral for women. The site says that there's a 17 day hangover sort of effect, and getting past that is the goal of the challenge.
    @Jspad
    If you (Jspad) are on a 21 day challenge. Then you (Jspad) should not have any sexual activity AT ALL. No Aneros, no sex, no masturbation, no edging, nothing.
  • JspadJspad
    I personally don't see the point in forgoing aneros sessions. My personal goal is to progress with the device and rewire. If anyone else would like to try it without aneros sessions, that's fine as well. And if you would like to elaborate on why you think I should forgo the sessions I'll consider what you have to say, but I don't have a reason not to have sessions.
  • BigOluverBigOluver
    I have done this challenge before and I lasted 22 days and it felt beautifully to release. It made me feel like now i don't need to jerk almost every day of the week. I was edging while i was on my break but still no release but it felt great.
  • rumelrumel
    Jspad,

I agree with your approach of continuing to have Anerosessions during the 21 Day Challenge. While I respect 'Pspotsquirter's viewpoint for total sensual abstinence as a path, I think that is more extreme than need be. In my interpretation of the challenge, there are several goals to be achieved.

The first goal is to get you to recognize your homeostatic hormonal condition. Ejaculations (see Alex Vartman's definition of 'peak orgasms') trigger significant hormonal releases, the three main hormones being oxytocin, prolactin and dopamine. These hormones play significant roles in modulating our moods, emotional states, thought patterns and arousal level. For most of us who have been on the ejaculation hormone roller coaster getting back to knowing what our body should naturally feel like can be difficult, even scary but worth the effort. Halting ejaculations does not preclude you from masturbating or edging (though such activities may tempt you to "go for it"). Halting ejaculations does not preclude you from enjoying sensual play with yourself or with a partner. Halting ejaculations does not preclude you from using your Aneros for healthful massage benefits.

The second goal is to break out of an ejaculatory habit (the 'peak orgasm' referred to in the videos) so you can focus on and tune into the many other sensations that are components of orgasm. We men have, too frequently, gotten into the habit of masturbating to reach that short lived 'peak orgasm' of ejaculation. Breaking away from that habit gives you the opportunity to experience the many other ways your body can provide pleasure. Halting your focus on ejaculation allows you to focus on all the other sensations which lead to orgasms and to learn your real ejaculatory trigger's.

The third goal is raise your level of understanding about your sexual 'beingness', your understanding of the nature of orgasms (with or without ejaculation) and the integration of this understanding into your daily life and relationships.

'TheNewTantraSchool' sends short daily videos to those who have registered for the challenge, I'll post links to those videos here, as they arrive.

Good Luck guys, and don't chastise yourself if you succumb to temptation and ejaculate before completing the challenge, you can start all over again and push the envelope a little further the next time. Incidentally, you may find your Anerosessions taking on a whole new level of intensity by day 7, hang in there, you can do it !
  • JspadJspad
    I've taken a look at that site and learned much about what you've just now posted. I feel like a lot of the challenge comes from fear of forgoing release, which I feel like is normal and should be done. But I need to keep in mind that these negative "pent up" feelings are temporary, and later I will feel better. I must learn to embrace the high energy levels rather than resorting to release. As for today, I seem to be having a period where I am having frequent p-waves from my prostate. The feelings are deep, and are lasting longer than just second or two! If I've been in that low state ever since I started masturbating, I can't imagine how I will feel once I reach the high state after about 17 days!
  • isvaraisvara
    @Jspad, I like your challenge. That is to carry on sexual activities as normal but not ejaculate. I would have to speak with my partner so we still have that magical connection but not to my point of no return. My Ej, like most, has become a habit! Not a bad habit, but a habit. It may actually build up energy in an oldie in a positive, creative and fun way.
  • TreiTrei
    @isvara @jspad To have sexual intercourse during this challenge negtates the whole purpose of it, that much should be obvious, come on guys. Though i don't see any harm in anerosing during the challenge.
  • JspadJspad
    Yes, I see now that the main idea is to go without ejaculation. Or is there something else you're talking about regarding intercourse?
  • rumelrumel
    @Trei, I respectfully disagree with you that having sexual intercourse, in and of itself, negates the purpose of the challenge. In a separate video Alex Vartman specifically addresses this aspect of the 21 Day Challenge, he states having sexual relations or masturbation is OK, just avoid the 'peak orgasm' (ejaculation). While, sexual activities and arousal in general do affect the hormonal releases, for men, it is the ejaculation which triggers the significant hormonal changes. If you do not ejaculate during intercourse you are still going to benefit from the challenge, as your body will still be on the course toward hormonal homeostasis. This is an ancient Taoist sexual practice, and may be better known in the western world as Karezza.
  • TreiTrei
    Yes @jspad @rumel, it is the ejaculation, not the intercourse. My mistake..
  • isvaraisvara
    Okay guys, I'll do my thing. But thank you for the idea! I think my idea is good, at least for me, as it keeps harmony, does not punish my partner, keeps me on edge, wakes me up, lifts my testosterone, and no fear of losing it (ha ha). The idea of true chastity does not impress me at all.
  • PommiePommie
    To sumarize:
    during the 21 Day Challenge, you can participate in any sexual activity you like so long as you do not ejaculate during that time. Am I correct?

If so, the challenge only becomes a real challenge if one is very sexually active and participates in some activity that would normally result in an ejaculation at least once every day during that period.

This sounds like fun. Bring it on!
  • isvaraisvara
    @Pommie, yes, yes and Yes. :)>-
    Well that's my understanding. Except I can't 'do it' everyday even in a good year! So it will make it a challenge when I might be there.
    My partner is amused!
  • LinumLinum
    @Jspad - enjoy it - the principle of temporary ejaculatory abstinence has been a linch pin to my multi-orgasmic progress.  During the periods of ejaculatory abstinence, I simply avoid ejaculation (as it says on the tin), but I masturbate, have sex, have aneros sessions, or aneros-less sessions, and get an awful lot out of them, as Rumel has described.

I feel more energetic, have better moods, feel sharper in my thinking, I think I am healthier, AND I have a great sex life.  It doesn't have to be one or the other, as others have suggested, it CAN be both.

@Rumel - if there was a like button for your first post on this thread, I would have pressed it a thousand times over.
  • JspadJspad
    OK, so if the goal is ejaculatory abstinence rather than no masturbation, that would put me on day 4.

I'm still going to avoid masturbation, as I feel it will make me feel pent up. Then again, I might feel that way at some point anyway. Supposedly day 4  is when the dopamine bottoms out before slowly rising until day 17. Just woke up, but I don't feel bad in any way that I can tell so far accept that I'm thirsty. Might be subject to change, I dunno. But I'll try and stay optimistic. I feel fine right now, and ready to start doing some studying.
  • isvaraisvara
    I would avoid masturbation as you say because for most very sexually active folk it is a conditioned, mechanical path to ejaculation. Probably as some may need to approach intercourse with caution. Many oldies may be able to play a lot more because they are not so highly triggered. Make the whole challenge fun as @Pommie said. If you don't make it, laugh! You are going good.
  • Years ago I challenged myself to abstain from masturbating....it was an eye opening experience....everything from my underwear to my bed sheets aroused me but i found it all pretty boring...I lasted just over 2 weeks....now I realize the beauty of abstinence is the journey...to learn about yourself...to find things about your body that only a heightened sense of arousal can teach you....I have spent up to 2 hours or more lost in my feelings, sometimes with an erection that has lasted the whole time and ending with no orgasm...so to go 21 days and not enjoying the journey would be pointless
  • didymusdidymus
    @brucemarkland, I have just finished 30 days of non-ejaculation which included frequent non ejaculatory masturbation and I experienced what you described above as well as twice weekly or more Aneros time.  Using some of @darwin's very helpful suggestions about relaxing I found I was able to enjoy the masturbation and not be frustrated by not ejaculating. I am learning more and more about enjoying the pleasurable sensations without the usual conclusion that I had become conditioned to.  It is helping my Aneros time as well.
  • isvaraisvara
    5 days, so far so good. Close shave this morning. Stopped just short, stopped dead, like stone dead. Interestingly I got tingles all over my body which is usually the precursor but all contained. When safe I moved and all was still well. I still feel good so the tingles weren't the dread hormone release. I seem to be on a different path on the common mountain, perhaps more about that later. All good.
    I hope I am not hijacking the thread. It is giving me heaps of motivation to create new unexplored boundaries.
  • JspadJspad
    Don't worry about hijacking the topic, it's all within the bounds of what this thread is about :) Anyway, day 4's been a pretty lazy day. I'm in that state where I'm not motivated to do much. I guess it's true that day 4's the lowest point. I also can't easily get aroused through imagining things. Things ought to slowly pick up from here on apparently, so I'm not too worried about being unproductive right now. Even though I'm at the low point though, I still occasionally feel a bit of pleasure at times from my prostate... I wonder how things will feel in the days to come?
  • I'm on day 9, although it started before I ever heard of this challenge. I have had A-Sessions, A-less Sessions, and edged myself repeatedly, in this period, but not ejaculated. I don't think I've noticed any differences in attitude or feelings.

I have been using Aneros since last November, and I have noticed that I masturbate much less frequently. I used to ejaculate at least once a day, everyday, but I just don't need to as often. I think it's a combination of trying to rewire myself, and my knowing how much more satisfying a session is than just masturbating.
  • TreiTrei
    Day 7 here though I’m unintentionally following along.
  • day 5 here I fell and had to start over doining ok now gave in
  • isvaraisvara
    Day 6: even more interested in my partner. She is amused. All okay so far.
  • JspadJspad
    End of day 5 as I post this. A bit more energy than yesterday, not in that "do nothing" daze. Still a bit lazy, but I'm not too tired to do stuff such as take Mom for a car ride and play some games. I don't have any urges to masturbate, still not much libido. One of my goals I'd really like to meet is to get a job, so that I can save up some money, then build a beastly powerful gaming computer and get a new monitor. So after a google search I found out about something I didn't know about before: the department of labor. So tomorrow I plan on checking that out.
  • JspadJspad
    Start of day 7.

Yesterday was okay. Woke up a couple of hours into sleep feeling sexual energy spread out in various areas of my body. This was interesting and felt nice, but was keeping me from getting to sleep. So I got up for an hour or so, and getting up seemed to settle things down. I had another problem though. Felt like testicles and prostate were kind of backed up or something. I could deal with my testicles being a bit achy by leaving them alone, but I had some discomfort and even a bit of pain for a second from my prostate. I tried having a short session with the aneros, and that seemed to do the trick. I was able to fall asleep after that. Maybe my body will adjust to these things, maybe aneros sessions will become more important to keeping my prostate from bugging me, I dunno. I hope things like this don't end up becoming a problem again, or at least that if that problem does arise again that I can find relief from an aneros session again.
  • JspadJspad
    End of day 7.

Looking back I probably would normally feel really tired and a bit irritable considering I slept for about 2 hours, woke up, then slept for only 4 more hours. Today I've felt okay, awake enough to drive, and still have the energy to stay awake watching a movie later in the day with my friends. I do feel a bit tired, but have I'm not in that tired "no motivation" mode. I hope after a full night's rest tonight I'll be full of energy!

By the way, anyone have advice regarding feeling pent up, or as though the "pipes" are a bit backed up? I assume I should just have aneros sessions to help with the latter, and that with time my body will adjust. Not that I've had trouble with feeling pent up yet, or at least not much, but I appreciate any nuggets of wisdom I can acquire. Maybe that's not so much of a problem now that my sexual energy isn't confined to just my genitals anymore, and can circulate through the rest of my body. Do many people here have to learn how to sleep with this rather stimulating energy?
  • JspadJspad
    Start of day 9.

Things are going pretty well. Not too much to comment on. I seem to have plenty of energy to get me through each day now. As for my libido, I think it's slowly building. My aneros sessions are still mostly me just relaxing and feeling a bit aroused and leaking a few drops. Still, my sensitivity is increasing. I'm not normally horny as I'm just going about my day. I can get a good bit of arousal though from nipple stimulation.

By the way, I did a bit of searching online, and it would seem that the body does indeed adjust to not ejaculating for long periods of time. Semen and dead sperm cells will also at some point be broken down and reabsorbed for their materials.
  • TreiTrei
    Day 11.
    Experiencing dry wet dreams without waking up (a first for me).
    Urine seems to be infused with a good amount of prostate fluid.
    Feeling chaotic, energy levels seem to be even at all times.
  • EhmEhm
    My routine has been to listen to the ecstasy cd while massaging my balls (and the male deer exercise)for about 15-30 minutes every day. Every other day I do the ballmassage etc. then do the ksmo for 20 minutes and then jerk off for about an hour without ejaculating.
    21 days without ejaculating is the norm for me, more often a month to 6 weeks. In the past I've gone without jerking off until I'd have my mj induced Super O and then I'd have to coz otherwise I wouldn't be able to sleep..But I found not jerking off over long periods of time actually make you less horny and consequently you probably produce less testosterone, not good....jerking off without ejaculating and the ballmassage makes you horny as  hell.
    Now before I start fapping I'm already having ksmo orgasms and then when I jerk off I'm circulating energy from my groin to my belly button and having continuous dry orgasms while the orgasmic energy spreads thru my body. For me ejaculating is a messy hassle, but when you've followed this routine and been jerking off for hours before ejaculating,  the release feels almost as good as a Super O and certainly worth the hassle of cleaning up
  • JspadJspad
    Today energy levels seem to be higher than normal, and I'm more enthusiastic and driven today.
  • TreiTrei
    @Ehm With the exception of the male deer exercise (because i don't utilise it) i have found all of your claims align with my own personal experiences.
  • I'm on day 14 today. Last Friday(day 11), I had one of my best sessions to date! Super O's at will for about 4-1/2 hours. Not sure if it's because of the Challenge, but it certainly didn't hurt to be so horny.
  • JspadJspad
    Start of day 10.

I don't feel pent up or backed up since that one day or two, so I must be adjusting well enough. Yesterday, late evening, my energy levels dropped quite a bit. I thought about having a session with the paredise, then thought I'd just take a nap. Then I decided to just pop it in since it would be healthy if nothing else, and proceeded to take a nap. I woke up after about an hour I think, feeling nice things from the device. After I decided to end the session, I got up and noticed the quick nap had my energy levels back up. Pretty nice nap :)
  • JspadJspad
    Getting into the second half of my day, I've slipped into that "don't feel like doing anything" mood. Also, at the end of a session I feel kind of backed up again. I think a little of the fluid even showed up in my urine. Also I had an erection that had persisted a bit too long, and my penis was a little uncomfortable. Also, from what I've read, that kind of pressure in the pelvic region occurring for too long is the cause of "blue balls," rather than congestion. I'm not uncomfortable, but my testicles are a little tender to the touch.

10 days is a new record for me, and I'm confident that I'll finish the 21 days. The way I see it, ejaculating won't make me feel any better than I do now. Even if I feel backed up, I know it'll pass with time. Once I finish, maybe I'll experiment with masturbation without ejaculation to cultivate arousal. Maybe I won't need to cultivate it that way, and will be able to practice circulating it.
  • on day 12 have learned to to get  to precum stage with out touching penis.what a wonderful feeling.I then stick in the helix classic. nipples and tesicles are   very touchy  got one of the hardest erections  I have ever had It is nice to have the enegry boast. I have a lot more postive attutide about my sexual well being.  Mood control is fine I masturbate a little but with helix c out  of rectum Hole seem a lot more sensitive when Helix is in
    had my first O last week thought i messed up only precum  Jspad nipple---lightly circle navel do abut four spots right above penis with a firm touch than ball that will bring the precum for me I am going to play with my hole for next experiment befor inserting  and a couple of light stokes
  • JspadJspad
    Back to day 1.

I ejaculated this morning, just before I woke up. I've learned quite a bit along the way, so I'm not considering it a loss, just a set back. Hopefully I won't have another accident while sleeping this time.
  • TreiTrei
    Day 13
    -Aneros sessions have taken a big hit and isn't as pleasurable as before even nearing on the "dud" end of the spectrum.

-At the end of a urination period i had a string of prostate fluid hanging from my penis.

-Feeling very chaotic and grumpy alot of the time in a subtle way, the backed up feeling of the penis has subsided but I feel very pent up sexually.

-I feel overall far less sexual and less sexually open. I can't seem to unleash my sexuality easily, and I’ve grown a slight aversion to things that are sexually related.

+Energy levels have remained even to very energetic, something that I definitely didn't feel whilst on the energy roller coaster of masturbating.
  • JspadJspad
    I'm going to try some masturbation without ejaculating. Even if I end up feeling backed up again, from what I've read online the body will adjust so that it doesn't happen as often. I'm thinking kegels should help if I'm feeling backed up, so I'll try that next time. I think increasing circulation is what will help.
  • PommiePommie
    Here's one for @Aneros2 or @Anerosx2,

There seems to be a number of posts turning up recently with no text, like the one above from @Trei.

Are you able to tell us whether this a glitch in the software that runs this site or is it a problem with the person filing the post?
  • isvaraisvara
    @Jspad, I would not really count a body generated Ej in you sleep as any form of failure. It was probably the very best thing. Just make a note of it and carry on regardless. Well done.
  • I'm on day 16 now. Don't know that I have any more energy than normal, but I think it has helped in my rewiring. As of this morning, my A-less sessions have reached a new level. I've had several Super O's that have rocked my entire body!
  • TreiTrei
    @Pommie I accidentally re-posted my "Day13" post and had to erase it. Eventually blank posts get completely deleted either by a mod or a system.