Notifications
Clear all

'Roid rage

(@sky_walker)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

So about a month ago I develop an itchy arse, and I mean not in a good way, like an I'm itching for a session, I mean uncomfortable type of itching. Very quickly it developed into more of a stinging sensation and upon closer inspection during showering I felt a very pronounced lump.
Years ago I had a haemorrhoid and never having suffered with this before and not really sure what it was I went to the doctor only for him to exclaim that it was quite possibly the smallest haemorrhoid he had ever seen and after questioning me about my diet sent me off telling me not to worry it will go away on its own but it could return. And it has, with a vengeance!
But this time there's no sign of it going away.
So I ordered from my local retailer a "Aneros Peridise Haemorrhoid Massager set". I open the box of these set of four massagers to find no instructions on how to treat haemorrhoids. Plenty of good tips on how to have the "strongest orgasms of my life" which will come in handy. But I don't want to inflame my 'roid by doing the wrong thing. I'm mean I've already caused myself a bit of a bother with trying to alleviate it with a short session with the Eupho only to fall asleep and wake up 3 hours later with a right pain in the arse which took 2 days to settle down, finally subsided by the timid application of Lucas' pawpaw ointment. I'm thinking that the lube I used may be the culprit there not the Eupho. The lube was "Wet Stuff gold" water based personal lubricant for the record. A check of the ingredients includes fine compounds such as glycerine, propylene glycol, hydroxy ethyl cellulose, lambda carrageenan just to name a few, so it seems I wasn't doing myself any favours there!
Anyway, enough crapping on, I got some questions.
1. When should I start using the Peridise, after the 'roid has calmed down? (I've ordered some unrefined shea butter for lube, would this be a good thing? Gotta be better than the chemical cocktail I was using.)
2. I start with the biggest Peridise of the set first right?
3. How often should I use it.?
4. How long should the sessions be? Yeah I know, pack it in after the tenth orgasm! < that's a joke.
5. How long before I should see improvement or complete recovery. Mind you, It's probably not that bad a 'roid, I mean I haven't got a bleeding bunch of grapes hanging from my arse, it's just one pea sized lump, but it's stopping me from enjoying the finer things in life and I want it gone!

Any advice or help you guys can offer me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sky Walker

(@pommie)
Noble Member Customer

@Sky_Walker,It's good to know that you have switched to shea butter. You have done yourself a real favour there.

To take your questions in turn:
1. I guess it depends to some extent on how panlful it is and exactly where it is located. You may be right to let it calm down a bit before attacking it with a foreign object!
2. Correct! Difficult to say how long to use each model before proceeding to the next smaller one. Since we are all unique each of us would probably need his own pattern. FWIW, I used the largest one for almost 4 months before progressing to the next one, (a total of about 140 hours).
3. Two or three times a week.
4. I reckon sessions of two or three hours each.
5. I found I had relief within a couple of weeks and have them pretty much under control now but if I stop using the Peridise, they return within a few days. BTW, I began using Peridise models just over four years ago.

Bear in mind that these tools don't really cure haemorrhoids, they simply provide ongoing relief.

Before someone else says it, I should mention that a diet that is high in fibre is the surest way to help the removal of 'rrhoids, since that ensures regular BMs.

Good Luck

ReplyQuote
(@isvara)
Noble Member Customer

@Sky_Walker,
The instruction and information too long to post. An over kill of information is found on the below reference under various heading. The name is different but the tools are identical.
http://www.highisland.com/hm_instructions.php

My Peridise set are in the mail. I find the narrow neck aneros like the SGX, MGX helped me considerably

ReplyQuote
(@sky_walker)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

@Sky_Walker,It's good to know that you have switched to shea butter. You have done yourself a real favour there.

Haven't got it yet, but thanks to your thread I will soon. By the time I get some from that place in Melbourne they'll/it will have settled down a bit by then.

2 -3 hours a session, 2-3 times a week - Wow, that's quite an investment in time! I'll do my best.

@Sky_Walker,
The instruction and information too long to post. An over kill of information is found on the below reference under various heading.

High Island Health. Of course, why didn't I think of that!

Thanks guys for your suggestions.
I'll go do some reading over at HIH.
Thanks again,
SW

ReplyQuote
(@oneeyedwillie)
Member Adventurer

The best thing I've found to stop the pain and itching from a 'rhoid is to put some aloe Vera gel with lidocane and witch hazel liquid into a small plastic bag, put a few cotton balls into the bag and squish them around so the cotton balls soak up some of the mixture. Tuck one of the cotton balls up against the 'rhoid and you'll be good for several hours. I've never had a big problem with hemmeroids, but once a year or so one would pop up and linger for a week or two. Now I use the Peradice 2 - 3 times a week and so far, it's been about 8 months, I've been free of the painful little bastards. It's been fairly easy to get a couple of hours per session in with them. They're comfortable enough I can sit on the sofa or walk around the house with it in. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
(@newguy8762)
Estimable Member Customer

This may sound funny and my family does make fun of me when I've tried this, but 'roids are virtually unheard of outside of countries that have toilets. For most of human history humans have pooped by squatting over a hole in the ground and letting nature take it's course. There are several anatomical reasons for squatting to dump:
1. The squatting position creates a natural, unforced body position for the waste to slide out with the least amount of cramping. The abdomen in this position is relatively flat compared to the scrunched up position when we sit on a toilet.
2. There is no undue pressure put on the anus and lower rectum, as there is when sitting on a toilet. The toilet ring concentrates all of the body weight in a small area surround the anus and this creates a ring of pressure, forcing what ever is inside, out, including the lower part of the rectum. When you also consider the typical Western diet (that's U.S., Britain and Australia in particular) doesn't have nearly enough fiber in it and ends up producing very solid stools, this creates even more pressure on the system when trying to eliminate the trash.

A couple suggestions if digging a hole in the backyard of your suburban Melbourne home and doing your daily business like a dog, is impractical or would freak the neighbors out...

1. Increase the amount of fiber in your diet...stuff like oatmeal, whole wheat bran, vegetables and fruits, even taking 2,000 mg of vitamin C a day can help loosen stools they aren't so hard. Also, be sure to drink at least eight 8oz glasses of water a day. Dehydration can also cause hard stools.
2. Don't sit on the toilet for longer than it takes to get the junk out. If you're like American guys, the joke is we take forever to dump because we're reading or surfing the internet on iPads. Women do not appreciate this fine art of a good poop. But, lingering too long allows for that pressure to do it's job and force the tissue to swell and pop out.
3. When you wipe, use wet toilet paper or wet wipes like Cottenelle or some other brand. Dry toilet paper will irritate an already inflamed area and make them itch worse. Use some kind of soothing salve afterwards like Vasaline, A&D Ointment or something like that.

If you're really adventurous and handy in the wood shop, you could try building a little platform that would slide around the bottom of the toilet but would allow you to put your feet in an elevated position where you would then be able to squat and dump (squatting, to be clear, means just like it sounds...you crouch down with your butt hovering just above and slightly in front of your ankles and you lean slightly forward...your butt is not touching any toilet seat but you'd be hovering over the opening). One medical study I read showed how the dr. eliminated roids by getting his patients to do this for two-weeks.

I'd lay off Aneros use until the flair ups die down. Because the Aneros does cause this area to become engorged with blood, if you're already inflamed it will just make it worse.

ReplyQuote
Wandering_Smoke
(@wandering_smoke)
Reputable Member Customer

When I get a roid, I just use a wet washcloth and wipe the area after each shit. Or if it's a big lump, pour a couple inches of water in the bathtub so you can clean around it with your fingers. That stops the itching, and the roid goes away after a couple days. I haven't had any flareups since I started using the Peridises.

Also, @newguy8762, Everything you said makes alot of sense. I probably won't change my usual toilet use, and I doubt many others will either. Going camping is another story though 😉 When you said "digging a hole in the backyard of your suburban Melbourne home and doing your daily business like a dog", that made me laugh like hell LMAO. I'm a very visual cat. Please don't make me picture people crapping in their yards lol.

ReplyQuote
(@badger)
Prominent Member Customer

There is also the cryo treatment: The Russians used an ice-cold stainless rod which a masseuse would rub around in your anus to shrink the inflamed tissue. There is also a plastic device called the Hemorr-Ice, which is helpful in reducing hemorrhoids.

A farm tractor sales rep in the 'sixties went on a corporate-sponsored trip to the Soviet Union, and at the high-end hotel he stayed at, they offered full-bodied massages. Well, this burly woman gave him a good once-over deep tissue massage, and said something about something, and she could fix, so he agreed. Well, she got out this stainless-steel broomhandle-shaped device out of a freezer, and proceeded to give his anus a good working over. After the initial shock of being pegged by this big Russian woman with her icy dildo, he said that he never had a problem with 'piles' again.

ReplyQuote
(@sky_walker)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

Thanks Guys for your in depth replies.

2. Don't sit on the toilet for longer than it takes to get the junk out. If you're like American guys, the joke is we take forever to dump because we're reading or surfing the internet on iPads. Women do not appreciate this fine art of a good poop. But, lingering too long allows for that pressure to do it's job and force the tissue to swell and pop out.
That is a habit of mine and since this 'roid episode I've really noticed that it's a bad thing. Not sure if I'll get around to making the wooden squat enabler for the toilet but it brings back a memory from years ago when we had this Asian bloke working with us, took us ages to work out how and why the foot prints ended up on the toilet seat. He was having a squat, just like in his home country. He's probably thinking, those bloody stupid Aussies dunno how to have a shit!

ReplyQuote
(@newguy8762)
Estimable Member Customer

I actually tried squatting with my feet on the toilet seat a couple times. Balancing is a trick and I ended up ripping the toilet roll holder out of the wall as I tried to use it for balance. Hence, my idea about building a squatting platform. I visited Japan as a teen and their toilets were recessed into the floor so you could squat. Since then (the 70's) they've started to adopt more Western pooping habits and guess what, they're starting to get roids.

ReplyQuote
(@love_is)
Member Adventurer

Hey Sky_walker, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I will also add my two bits about squatting on the toilet just long enough to do your business and no more. I've had to enact my own personal policy of squatting on the edge of my toilet seat, and also not allow myself to read on the toilet. The squatting can be done, but depending on your sense of balance you may like for something to hold onto so you don't fall off by accident.

You can also find various platforms that you can buy to help you squat over the toilet. Or either build your own, or buy and install a squatting toilet.

This article talks about the health problems with sitting on toilets:
http://www.naturesplatform.com/health_benefits.html

And their solution:
http://www.naturesplatform.com/all_products.html#place_order

But there are others:

http://www.lillipad.co.nz/

http://www.toilet-related-ailments.com/new-squatting-platform.html

Keep in mind that there other types out there that just raise your feet a bit off the floor. But I don't suspect they work as well because they don't put you in a completely squatting position.

ReplyQuote
(@sky_walker)
Member Adventurer
Topic starter  

G'day Love_is,
Yep, no more hiding in the toilet for some peace and quiet catching up on some reading.
Toilet stops are now quick with no reading material. 'roid has all but disappeared with just a few Peridise sessions. No flare ups for about 2 weeks now.
Thanks guys for all your input. Lillypad's a good one, could make my own.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Skip to toolbar